Exotic Genetix Trap Star Grow Journal By TwoX

What's up 420 fam... :thumb:

All the TrapStars are in flower and the male has been harvested and his clone is vegging just incase I need him. We have 3 females @3weeks and 3 more possible females about 5 days in to 12/12. Besides a few nanners and soil knats everything seems to be doing well.

Here's my second batch of TrapStars. One might be a male but I could be wrong. There's 2 shorter phenos in this batch and I'm hoping one turns out female. All my other Trap Stars seem to be rather tall..
20170627_190644.jpg
20170627_190710.jpg
20170627_190713.jpg
20170627_190716.jpg
20170627_190719.jpg

Here's some shots of the ladies in flower. They got a little tall but they are stacking buds almost all the way down.. Ill probably remove a few fans from the mid today to promote a little light penetraion. All if them are frosty and I'm seeing 2 different phenos so far. Two of them seem to be making smaller buds and have thinner pistols and small lower growth. The Thin haired ladies are stacking tons of frost.

The other pheno has a identical tall plant structure but has some nice thick pistols and much bushier pre flowers. The frost is there but isn't covering the entire sugar leaf like the other 2. I think this one will be close to the pheno pictured by Exotic and reminds me of the male I harvested with almost no side branching. Things are just getting started on these ladies and I'll let the first batch run 9 weeks and the second batch will get 8. I'll have more frequent updates now that the party is getting started ..:Namaste:
20170627_191057.jpg
20170627_191133.jpg
20170627_191103.jpg
20170627_191128.jpg
20170627_191122.jpg
20170627_190906.jpg

I thought about trap star but went with First 48 from swamp boys seeds. Its The White x Orange blossum trail. OBT is an old Florida orange skunk.
Nice choice. :thumb:
I haven't seen anybody growing any swamp boy seeds around these parts but I know that there Orange Blossom Trail is quite popular. I like seeing new genetics grown so I'll definetly watching out for a journal on those.. The white seems to cross well with Orange strains, I've seen a few breeders with similar crosses. I also grabbed a orange strain yesterday. Relentless Genetics Orange Coookies. ( forum GSC x Agent Orange).. It's the same male he uses to male the Orange Valley Og so I'm pretty excited to grow them out... Theyre regs to so a Orange Cookie male may prove useful in the future..

Im debating on some White S1's, ill reverse a keeper for the pollen to use later.

A ton of breeders use a reversed White for there crosses so its a great choice as a reversed mom.. Its been proven to work well and Cannarado is making crosses with a reversed White as we speak. Which breeder has white s1's?

S1 sounds good to most but herms sound sh*tty to all of us. I thought S1 had to be created via reversal but male sacs on fems resulting in some seeds = herm. But IDK? Bob...what is the difference? A matter of degree or amount? :Namaste:

Hermaphroditic cannabis plants are 1/2 male and 1/2 female and all the bits are intermingled... I've seen them top to btm the whole plant which goes in the compost bin pronto (not my grow knock woody) .... that shit can ruin a bad day. When a plant throws out 1 or 2 (usually sterile) nanners ... I wouldn't call that a hermie... sometimes the plants wanna get some insurance going in case us humans try and mess up and try and grow Sensimilla. Perfectly normal me thinks.

Hermaphroditic cannabis plants are 1/2 male and 1/2 female and all the bits are intermingled... I've seen them top to btm the whole plant which goes in the compost bin pronto (not my grow knock woody) .... that shit can ruin a bad day. When a plant throws out 1 or 2 (usually sterile) nanners ... I wouldn't call that a hermie... sometimes the plants wanna get some insurance going in case us humans try and mess up and try and grow Sensimilla. Perfectly normal me thinks.
From my expeirence a true hermie won't stop producing male pollen sacs. The TrapStars did there thing and stopped. Since my initial trim I found maybe 2 or 3 that i probably missed. My Moxie Viper Cookies from my first grows caused havoc all over my tent and they were everywhere.. I also tried a Jupitor OG freebie from Attitude and I looked like a male with pistols.. I didn't even try to save that one.. it was ridiculous.

I might have three more females in my flowering tent,.. 6/10 ain't bad. I'll start watching them to look for any issues. Two shortys and another tall one.. I hope I find another thick pistol bushy pre flower version.. I think they might be my keepers.
The one flowering right now isn't as frosty as the other two but I see the potential to build buds like Exotics pics with this pheno.. oh ya, I accidentally rubbed up against a stem while wiring up some bamboo poles today and had to give my hands a sniff.. The Cherry smell is fuckin amazing. Super strong and sweet.. I'm not really getting the kushy smell off the pheno I rubbed on but it smelt fantastic..

Yeah twoX from my experience as well with a true Hermie the thought of tryna save it never crosses your mind just chop and Chuck lol. On another note I'm currently getting mainly Cherry aromas coming from my gals with piney undertones.... No gas, go figure... And I decided not to take any photos of the girls this week... Week 5 is always slow for me with progress... Week 6 though we should have some real action and I'll put pics up!

How is the female to male ratio with exitic?

This batch of seeds gave me 6 females out of 10. Not to bad. All the seeds germed which is great. I would call it average. I think Bob got 4 fems out if 10.

To be honest I'm glade more were not female, I'm outta room.. lol.

Those are going to be some very long colas!
:thumb: At first I thought It was my temps making them stretch but after looking at the node spacing , they're not stretching, that just vertical bud growth. That damn Cube is to blame. Seems to be the norm on the StarFighter F3 crosses.. not a bad traight to have I suppose. I usually prefer short bushy plants but I could get use to these. I should have a nice yeild per plant if the buds fill out.

Im looking at Labyrinth from Exotic Genetix, its spirit in the sky x the cube.

The spirit in the sky is Star fighter f2 crossed with purple peyote.. crossed with the Cube should make a StarFighter dominant plant for sure.. Awesome strain, I have a pack of them in my stash and BobBrown has some flowering right now. They look pretty bad ass and have that big long cola syndrom. Definetly check out his journal if you haven't already.:high-five:

Were on a roll...
Things are moving along smooth for these 3 ladies and I've got 3 more right behind them. 6 out of 10 seeds were females and there all a little different. If been a little ocd about not touching them so I can't comment on the smell.

Pheno a. ( I can't remember what # at the moment)
Shes got a slender spear shape to her and im kind of intrested to see how the bud develops. I've never had buds grow like this. They seem like they might be a little airy. All the tiny calyxes seem to be pointing up and continue to stretch. She's got a nice frost.
20170703_220808.jpg

Pheno b. This one is similar to "A" but doesnt seem to spear up as much. She s blessed with the frost though. Some of her sugar leaves are coated with trichs all the way to the tip. I would say "a" and "b" are of the same side of the genetic pool. Very little differences between the two.
20170703_202216.jpg

Pheno C.
She's looking to be my OG dominate pheno and has a very different bud growth then the other two. This is probably going to be similar to the stock photo from Exotic. Nice and chunky bud growth but not as frosty as the other 2. This one looks the best to me so far and was almost stable.. She didn't produce as many manners.

20170703_220629.jpg

More pics of "c"...
20170703_221236.jpg
20170703_221136.jpg

Here's B again.. My spear shaped frosty pheno.
20170703_220851.jpg

Lol, C again... I really liked her I guess, I forgot to get pics of the other 2..
20170703_220524.jpg
20170703_202056.jpg

The Next batch.. I have a tall one, a medium sized stretchy one and a medium sized shorty untopped and was last to sex.. Super excited to see what the untopped shorty does..
20170703_194044.jpg
20170703_193908.jpg

Gals coming along swell twoX. Gotta love the frost! The spear shaped ones are intriguing. Out of the 5 TrSt girls I have going, none of them have a structure similar to the spear shaped one's u have. All of my gals seem to be leaning toward the C pheno u posted structurally. I know u don't wanna touch em yet, so I'll I'll just tell u, all of my gals are giving off a mean Cherry/piney aroma. Some more cherry some more piney. Maybe your spear shaped ones (a&b) will give off the fuely aroma? I'll post pics of my galsThursday, which will be day 35 for me.✌️

What's up 420 fam..
I have a nice little update on the TrapStars.

Batch2.. These two ladies are about 3 weeks into 12/12. One of them is pumping out buds while the other is taking it's sweet ass time. The runt/Shorty isn't pictured since I forgot about her. She's untopped and looks similar to the pheno with less buds. This batch didn't stretch as bad. They are a little younger than the first batch and I think the new bulb may have needed to be broke in.. All of them produced nanners except the runt but there's still time and the runt doesn't look like a keeper
20170715_192406.jpg
20170715_192414.jpg

Pheno A. TS5.
She was a spear shape and she grew into this monstrosity. Real nice size nugs and she's stacked all the way down. She might have the biggest cola out of this batch. :high-five:
20170715_192514.jpg
20170715_192547.jpg
20170715_192550.jpg

Pheno B. Ts1.
She's a little slower than the others and has the smallest buds.. She's still frosty and doesn't have the strong pine smell the other 2 have.. the buds are all really close and made one big long cola... :thumb:
20170715_192559.jpg
20170715_192628.jpg
20170715_192651.jpg

Pheno C. Ts4.
My Favorite so far.. I just like The way she looks. She has a nice frost and a different bud shape than the other 2. These 3 are all at about 6 weeks and don't look ready to flush. I have time and space so taking them 9 to 10 weeks isn't a problem. They are not ready to flush so I'll continue feeding them until they look closer to being done.. I might cuts little sample next week because I really want to taste this pheno..
20170715_192718.jpg
20170715_192722.jpg
20170715_192729.jpg
20170715_192747.jpg

Back
Top Bottom