Far East Buds 1st DWC Grow

My mistake. I had a war with mites that went on (and off and on again) for a couple years. They got in my greenhouse and kept getting transferred here and there, to and fro, in and out. I finally eradicated them from my life with a product called Mite-Rid. I read somewhere that it is an extract of the active ingredient of neem oil. It smells like eucalyptus.
I just looked it up. It contains neem oil, garlic, and...eucalyptus. Also hints at containing 'other things'. Anyway. I'm eternally grateful for it, whatever it is, and would reccomend it in a second. At the time I had to order it from Australia

I read about that product I believe if i recall it was very strong and should be very effective.. but make sure if it is that strong... I would say use caution in flower... That is the only reason I have not done a second spray and I am just spending a lot of time looking... Try to limp to the end on this one and then I can use strong stuff to decontaminate room after...

Based on the recommendation of my hydro shop .. He is a long time grower. I am going to try the npk mighty wash in earlier stages.. Like a week into flower before it has really taken off. Once or twice in veg. I don't feel like at those points in the grow it will affect anything. As long as the plants are healthy. Hoping a few treatments in veg/ early flower will help keep them away later. Spraying them in veg etc will use very little too as the plants are so much smaller. It's just an expensive but a simple spray with a mister on them is all it would take and is easy.

The list of things I need to add monitor and adjust grows with each grow... Not like the days of a nice patch of dirt in the woods and go water it sometimes...

1st rule of indoor growing is NEVER bring outdoor plants in without a period of quarantine and very close examination for bugs. Sucks to learn the hard way but I've done it too in the distant past.

Just checked my girl really good and only found one live mite, no thrips, so it looks like my neem treatments are working. She was scheduled for spraying last night but a 6-pack and some good hash got in the way of that plan. :) Nice day out there so she can sit in the sun and get a good super-soaking tonight.

I think if I was gifted clones I would mix up a batch of malathion and just flip them over and dip them in to make sure there wasn't a spot untreated. Spray a bit on the top of the dirt they are in as well.

I've got to get a good USB scope. Would sure make hunting bugs easier. Just commandeer the wife's laptop and sit down to get a good 100x view of things. These drug store +4.00 mag glasses help some and I'm going to see about getting some higher power ones. I can spot the mites with them then use my little 10x loupe to make sure it's a mite and not a speck of dirt.

Winter is near at hand and that will end a lot of risk. One bonus of living in a frozen wasteland is no fleas on the dog or cats. They live in the grass and can't survive our winters. Sure wish it was the same for mosquitoes and those nasty little biting black flies.

L8r

1st rule of indoor growing is NEVER bring outdoor plants in without a period of quarantine and very close examination for bugs. Sucks to learn the hard way but I've done it too in the distant past.

Yah Acquiring clones and stuff for me is very rare... But I had to learn the lesson now i guess..

Just checked my girl really good and only found one live mite, no thrips, so it looks like my neem treatments are working. She was scheduled for spraying last night but a 6-pack and some good hash got in the way of that plan. :) Nice day out there so she can sit in the sun and get a good super-soaking tonight.

When you find them are they babies like super tiny? or fully developed? Curious.. You make me hate thrips and I have yet to fight that battle...yet.

I think if I was gifted clones I would mix up a batch of malathion and just flip them over and dip them in to make sure there wasn't a spot untreated. Spray a bit on the top of the dirt they are in as well.

At this point i just know they would be treated with something...Clones... i'd probably neem or mighty wash and quarantine. They are so small compared to checking a fully flowering girl .. So guess I could be certain pretty clean rather easy.

I've got to get a good USB scope. Would sure make hunting bugs easier. Just commandeer the wife's laptop and sit down to get a good 100x view of things. These drug store +4.00 mag glasses help some and I'm going to see about getting some higher power ones. I can spot the mites with them then use my little 10x loupe to make sure it's a mite and not a speck of dirt.

I Want one! especially after sticking the loupe in my eye for hours at a time now.

Winter is near at hand and that will end a lot of risk. One bonus of living in a frozen wasteland is no fleas on the dog or cats. They live in the grass and can't survive our winters. Sure wish it was the same for mosquitoes and those nasty little biting black flies.

Yah I deal with all that too.. I think winter for me the temps will be easier.. humidity will be easier... No bugs... Starting to like winter more and more..
L8r

Testing how to respond to quotes can't figure it out...hehe
:peace:

Good job comrade!
Get yourself a scope so you know when the trichs are turning red.

I am going to flush a stack of rubles and buy a 100X scope for my beat up girl!

I don't know but I am still quite suspicious that she might self destruct before her due date so I must watch closely :lot-o-toke:

Vlad

Good job comrade!
Get yourself a scope so you know when the trichs are turning red.

I am going to flush a stack of rubles and buy a 100X scope for my beat up girl!

I don't know but I am still quite suspicious that she might self destruct before her due date so I must watch closely :lot-o-toke:

Vlad

I was looking at yours i think you just need to wait til you stop seeing production and harvest. probably 2 weeks or so tops you think? As long as you don't have a hiccup but just watch her closely girls like the attention. I have a 30x but want one of the cool usb ones or even just a 100 to see better.

Got a good laugh over the convo with OldMedUser. Thanks. :laughtwo:

I was looking at yours i think you just need to wait til you stop seeing production and harvest. probably 2 weeks or so tops you think? As long as you don't have a hiccup but just watch her closely girls like the attention. I have a 30x but want one of the cool usb ones or even just a 100 to see better.

Doh Like I even know what I am talking about ROFL who was that that took over my account ... DON"T LISTEN TO HIM!

Duggan recently did a decent tutorial on making bubble hash. Here's a link. He'd love to help you out if you have any questions.

Duggan Does Desfran: Destroyer X Destroyer!

Trouble posting... Heavy meds tonight...

Feel like i wrote this already...
Thanks for sharing the more info on it the better. I never realized it was really so simple...

So calm Really?

8-24-2015 (72-63-41) I think I got my days back on track... well close enough.. lost the 23rd.. had 2 22nds.. oh well.

So I spent a good amount of time 20 min or so .. still bug free so I think it is good in there... The spider mite Vine was totally in a different part of the house and I sprayed anything around it so .. should be good on that.

Tomorrow I'll do a nute swap fresh stuff. Been doing it around once a week but only because I am only doing one plant... So it isn't hard or a lot of nutes. What do you think of starting to back them off.. tomorrow is what I consider week 6 unknown strain. I was running 1k and now I am down to 775 goal... Maybe 400-500? Less More?

The Vitals Today!

Temp 73-78 Yah! fan improvements.
Humidity 73-83 Boooo!!! Hisss! Friday ... I will get this corrected.
Started PH at 5.52 and PPM 880 but diluted and added straight water tested awhile later at 5.76 PH and 775 PPM. GOAL!!! On BOTH!

She still looks all burnt like she went out with baby oil in the sun!

8-24-2015_B1.JPG

But the damage is stopped for sure. The leaves are getting more green satin rather than oiled down.

Cannibus is funny in how it develops and stretches and all these stages.. then you hit flower and you have to slow down and look at it...

8-24-2015_A1.JPG
8-24-2015_C1.JPG
8-23-2015_G.JPG
8-23-2015_I.JPG

The growth now is filling out. The pistils are sprouting... there is no more vertical it is all horizontal growth. I detached most of the scrog hold downs today and the buds lifted an inch each or so gently. ( I wondered if I should but looked like they weren't doing much anymore.) I am not sure the scrog net is really doing much anymore either...but I'll leave it in case it gets heavy... Let's hope. Observe... Test .. Inspect... Say sorry to her for the burns... And wait for her to fatten up....that's the Plan.

I singe a lot of leaves with CFLs. I'm always apologizing to my own girls. :straightface:

Beautiful golden pictures Far East.

Testing how to respond to quotes can't figure it out...hehe

Just remove the QUOTE tags and it looks like regular text or copy/paste the text you want into your reply.

Far East Buds;2597687] Testing how to respond to quotes can't figure it out...hehe

Have you rinsed your plant with RO water to wash off the residue yet? Should do that if you haven't. Extra spray underneath where the lungs are. Stomata actually but they do the breathing.

L8r

Just remove the QUOTE tags and it looks like regular text or copy/paste the text you want into your reply.

Far East Buds;2597687] Testing how to respond to quotes can't figure it out...hehe

Have you rinsed your plant with RO water to wash off the residue yet? Should do that if you haven't. Extra spray underneath where the lungs are. Stomata actually but they do the breathing.

L8r

Funny you should ask OMU thanks for the late night check in...or early morning as it is for me... ;)

This morning as a matter of fact I water the whole plant down ... With NPK Mighty wash!

Late last night I had a small relapse in the mite world as I kinda was waiting for.

I checked on the lady before bed to tuck her in and Found a dozen or so on a few rear most lower leaves... I just removed about a half dozen fan leaves as they where far below the canopy.

and tried to get up early for work so I could Spray the whole plant... I was told this npk stuff wont hurt any of it pretty much right up to harvest... Definitely milder than the Neem based on the smell.. has sort of a sweeter smell to it.. and smells wet if that makes sense...

Definitely water based and not oil like the neem. (duh says so)

I left the fans and everything off as it is dark cycle. maybe a respray at lunch but I'll turn fans back on. This is the coating I want to dry well on there...

I don't want to keep spraying this thing so close to harvest with stuff. A good inspection night and flush... see what I find again and go from there....

Trying to stay positive

FE

That sucks I hope you get rid of them idk was this plant nute burned too Im really interested in what happens after because I have one that just hasn't did really anything since the burn

Back
Top Bottom