Far East Buds 1st DWC Grow

I'll try these
20150804_115133.jpg
20150804_115200.jpg
20150804_112630.jpg
20150804_115200.jpg

Yah she took a big wack I can see running it low on water....

OK Rookie advice don't chop anymore fans. It's especially tempting when they look like shit.. But I think there is a minimum needed for production...need them solar panels... Even slightly damaged ones I believe still help unless they can't get to the light. Now if I recall you where at like 2600 ppm? too much reading my threads get confusing.
I'd drop it at this point to maybe 500? I am at about 400 ppm and today is day 43 or so flower. I normally tried to keep it around 1000 for the full grow using general hydro nutes and the lucas formula. when I hit 1200 during week 3 flower I think that was too high for this plant but 1600 I hear is ok for some..I feel like the plant wanted the water but didnt need as much nutes in it. Last week or two I am trying to step them down to force plant to pull more from the sugars etc..

When you say growth stopped you mean pistil production? Cause at this point week 6 you will not see stretching or as much leaf production.. More like pistils and fattening... Lower ppms....check your ph etc even though AN stuff u shouldnt need to .. I like to be safe.

Thank you for the better pic and hopefully some of my thread sponsors will help out ;) Just some idea's ...

:peace:

8-26-2015 day 43 flower

Not a lot of changes today.. Checked the Vitals
72-78 Temp
77-81 humidity.. ;/

PPM 460
PH 6.05

8-26-2015_A.JPG
8-26-2015_D.JPG
8-26-2015_B.JPG
8-26-2015_C.JPG

She is still very shiny... but pistils are popping all over on the top cola's. Wonder if it was the right call to drop the nutes...? Probably... not like I am starving it..

My lupe is too hard to see the color of the tric's but most pistils are still white so I don't expect much yet.

Bout it for now... just looking forward to controlling the humidity... Maybe give her a ph water wash when I can.
:peace:

Yeah, that humidity raised my eyebrows too. Airflow?

Yea I realize that now lol
I had recently began looking into that and after dealing with what I did
In the future I realize that I will be keeping my fan leaves and everything on but i will be doing alot of lst.

Also will focus on better light penetration and well i don't wanna talk to much on someone else's thread lol I'm gonna make one soon hope to continue to hear from ya guys learned a lot already

In the future I realize that I will be keeping my fan leaves and everything on but i will be doing alot of lst.

Also will focus on better light penetration and well i don't wanna talk to much on someone else's thread lol I'm gonna make one soon hope to continue to hear from ya guys learned a lot already

I don't mind the chatter here... Somedays it is simply top water and check some settings like today...

There may be something to some defol and lst. I haven't tested it at all really But I have a thinking that very light defol under canopy over time...
Might be beneficial... Another one of those big debates... maybe i'll run side by side test of it in my perpetual.

I've been running with RH in the 80s for years as I may have mentioned already. You'll be ok as long as you have air flow. Bud rot hits the biggest buds when they are nearing maximum ripeness and density. You'll be totally fine

I've been running with RH in the 80s for years as I may have mentioned already. You'll be ok as long as you have air flow. Bud rot hits the biggest buds when they are nearing maximum ripeness and density. You'll be totally fine

Good to know... I'll get a dehumidifier tomorrow... sick of worrying about it. Fans has been blowing well though but still rather not take chances at this point.

Thanks for looking !

8-28-2015 Flower Day 45
So where to start quite a bit today....

Ok 6 am complete bath! No silly not me her!

8-28-2015_C.JPG

Don't stand there naked fresh from the shower put some buds on!

8-28-2015_B.JPG

8-28-2015_A.JPG

You can see all the burnt damaged leaves... they are a little "crispy" but still chugging along. You can see the good leaves as well and all the sugar leaves are coming out nice. So far any damage hasnt shown in the trics or buds ... Very lucky. But she did look like she wanted a shower... I have a cyclone running at all times and knew something ... a little secret!!!

Vitals
Temp 64-75
Humidity 68-76
PH 5.80
PPM 537

A NEW HUMIDIFIER! POS inexpensive one but good for 2k square feet and it only needs to do 700 or so...
I put it in the big room not the grow room .. Lets see if it helps the grow room... if not then I'll need to figure something out cause I cant put it in there... too hot!

That being said ... another thing I did... Longer hose acquired for air pump!:cheer:

I mentioned on Cronic's thread... 128 degrees F is what it runs at... pushes the air but really?

GET THE F out of here! it's outside room. I bet with the cool tube and the t5 as the only heat sources now... it was the "weakest Link" on heat! F yah!

I still have a slight "aroma" outside the room but I can't do anything about it really until I do that flower in tent switch.

Wish I could move it but look .. It is strung to the wall... Sorry this picture was taken 3 kilometers from the sun!

8-28-2015_K.JPG

The scrog net isn't doing much at this time.. the buds aren't that heavy... yet!

8-28-2015_J.JPG
8-28-2015_I.JPG

8-28-2015_L.JPG

But she is doing great overall

8-28-2015_H.JPG

The leaves all looked cleaner... The burnt ones looked like it helped.. The buds all had huge pistils popping from the pods today so as smacked around the block this girl has been... she still is aiming to please... (wtf was that <---)
If you ask me with my well zero experience beyond this point it has some time to go.... I hate to harvest early and don't plant (lol) to .. I told my self when I really really want to do it.. fresh water... very low if any nutes.. a few additives ...1 week...Minimum!

All is looking well I guess... I did look for bugs... none...

Vent covers installed on the intake and exhaust. Keep my casts out! I find cat hair on my buds!
I am sure I am forgetting something but i have a little surprise
HERE
Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

Well I still need to write it!

Are you thinking of washing these buds? You won't regret it. I found it pretty eye opening when I did it the first time. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that if you leave some sticky objects sitting around in a room for a couple months they get a bit dirty. It was like washing anything else- satisfying and much better after it was clean.

Are you thinking of washing these buds? You won't regret it. I found it pretty eye opening when I did it the first time. I suppose it shouldn't be surprising that if you leave some sticky objects sitting around in a room for a couple months they get a bit dirty. It was like washing anything else- satisfying and much better after it was clean.

Yes i was gonna give it a shot.... and got some ice bubble bags coming to make use of the leaf clippings as well...

:thumb:

:bravo:Your green leaves look awesome , F E

I have yet to gain that waxy strong build on my leaves.

I hope my next grow will be as good as yours! I will use Lucas 0-5-10 .... that green bottle (grow) can gtfo of my house!

I also will employ "cal-mag".

Vlad

FE,
The plant looks good from where I am sitting. I think you have dialed in your grow now as well as taken some very good steps for providing a good enviroment for her. Now you get to sit back and watch the buds grow :yummy:
It looks like you will have some very nice thick buds as there are so many bud sites :)
Congrats man.

:bravo:Your green leaves look awesome , F E

I have yet to gain that waxy strong build on my leaves.

I hope my next grow will be as good as yours! I will use Lucas 0-5-10 .... that green bottle (grow) can gtfo of my house!

I also will employ "cal-mag".

Vlad

I just will stick with Lucas micro and bloom mix cause it is so f in easy....

My whole grow... general Hydro micro , bloom and ph up /down. Bud candy and cal mag. (neem and mighty wash for bug treatment)

Thanks for the compliments.. got a little rough on some of the leaves a few weeks back but it has been very smooth overall...lucky I caught the problem early..a lot of leaves where barely affected.. but the damaged leaves never recover.. ;/

I thought the waxy look was from the neem but it has long since been washed off .. Guess it's just the way the sugar leaves are on this plant...

Thanks again for the compliments and grats on yours Vlad... after everything that poor plant went through you still made it to harvest!!. And learned a shit load on the way... I already know 4.0 will be better for you before it started... ;)

FE,
The plant looks good from where I am sitting. I think you have dialed in your grow now as well as taken some very good steps for providing a good environment for her. Now you get to sit back and watch the buds grow :yummy:
It looks like you will have some very nice thick buds as there are so many bud sites :)
Congrats man.

Thanks.. Still plugging away... The little pods sites keep showing up and the next day it pops pistils... I guess til that stops or something drastic happens... I'd love to harvest soon but she is showing near a sign of wanting that yet... I felt like growth stopped but i realized it was the top cola filling out the next set of sugar leaves that popped out. Not sure actually hard at this point to notice the subtle changes daily so we'll see when she wants to stop. Hope it's not a 12 week strain. hehe If it is I better strap her back down :volcano-smiley:

F.E.B - I don't know if I'm wrong about this but a slight concern regarding the first photo you posted in that series yesterday.

I could be wrong (certainly wouldn't be the first time) but I thought it wasn't advised to spray water directly onto the buds because they could mold up. Light misting I think is fine but the large water beads on that picture indicate that you might have sprayed them a fair bit.

Is the general rule to stop spraying water once buds form?

I would guess if the humidity was high in the grow room having water on buds wouldn't be desired... just my 2 cents :) Apart from that they are lookin good.

F.E.B - I don't know if I'm wrong about this but a slight concern regarding the first photo you posted in that series yesterday.

I could be wrong (certainly wouldn't be the first time) but I thought it wasn't advised to spray water directly onto the buds because they could mold up. Light misting I think is fine but the large water beads on that picture indicate that you might have sprayed them a fair bit.

Is the general rule to stop spraying water once buds form?

I would guess if the humidity was high in the grow room having water on buds wouldn't be desired... just my 2 cents :) Apart from that they are lookin good.

Yah good stuff ruddie you are correct. I would never spray them in flower ... er her.. But last week i put neem all over her... then later in the week mighty wash.. to get rid of spider mites... this left her barely but a little oily... I really wanted to get the last of it off... So i did a full water treatment and it was in lights out (so no burn) with heavy heavy fan movement after spraying... Later that evening I installed a dehumidifier to drop the humidity... So yes you where right but this was I felt small risk to remove the last of the neem... wash. Heavy air movement..

If you are seeing damage to leaves it is due to one of two things.. through transpiration i think I nute burned her or... cal/ mag... but that's always the answer as some people say.. I think agree. So i lowered ppm on nutes.. average cal mag boost and the leaves are good from here... i debated defoling the burnt ones but if they still get some photo going i figured I'd leave them.

Thanks for looking it's been a lot of fun... I hope it continues to be...:thumb:
FE

Back to the calm.......

8-29-2015 Flower Day 45

Start right off with Vitals before I forget!
Hum 65-69
Temp 69-75
PH 5.68 PPM 525

Things seem pretty good I hate the look of the choppy leaves but at least there are still lots of them! So they should still work.

8-29-2015_A.JPG

She doesn't have those 420 mag pages looks anymore ;/

8-29-2015_C.JPG
8-29-2015_J.JPG
8-29-2015_B.JPG

But with buds like these.. I don't think I care...

Look at the ends of the buds you can see where the pods popped the pistils... neat stuff!

There are trics all over the leaves... fun to see this stuff all sugary and sweet looking...

Well still plugging along. Steady as she goes.. chooo chooo!:popcorn:

FE

Back
Top Bottom