Far East Buds 1st DWC Grow

Wow quick response Cronic. My ultimate goal (lofty as it may be) is to have 6-10 strains running in various stages with 12-16 in various Veg stages and 6 in flower at a time. I think I will stick with just topping them next time (twice) as my tent is what I will swap for flowering (cant move a scrogged plant in there now!) and it is only 2x4x6. Yield is almost not as important once I get through the first couple runs. My current grow is one plant I decided to scrog for yield due to it being the only lady of 4 ;/ I currently am working with bag seed although being of good quality it gives me zero info on genetics. Looks mostly indica ROFL! Once the system seems to be through 1-2 runs I'll place my seed order! I have been itching ;) Anyway thank you for getting involved with my grow I appreciate it Cronic! Edit: I am cloned the crap out of my bag seed lady to practice but someday may drop the strain depending ;)

not too many people talk about medi bomb 1 but if you want good indica try that if you order seeds

What are you using for water Far East?

Unless you are using good RO water your ppm will stay up as you add more water. Town water here is 300+ ppm. The RO water we bought Friday is 12.

Don't cut off any colas because they are smaller unless they are ripe and ready for plucking.

L8r

Usually the higher the pH of your town water, the higher the PPM, naturally.

My town water is pH 6.9. I hope the PPM is lower as a result, but no way to tell yet until I *BUY* a meter.

Vlad

What are you using for water Far East?

Unless you are using good RO water your ppm will stay up as you add more water. Town water here is 300+ ppm. The RO water we bought Friday is 12.

Don't cut off any colas because they are smaller unless they are ripe and ready for plucking.

L8r

Good call yes I use tap and leave it for a couple or at least a day before using . And i adjust all that before using it... well ph it and then add my nutes and retest it.The PH is usually just at 8.0 flat and the ppm is 40-50 from the tap. But i try to keep my ph 5.7-6.0 or so.And 1000 is where I like to keep my nutes so it really is about 950 corrected. Thanks on the Cola info i will just leave them and let them get swamped over by the rest of the plant ;)

not too many people talk about medi bomb 1 but if you want good indica try that if you order seeds

I may give that a try. I want to keep a decent selection on what strains I keep cloning. 6-10 strains running in various stages ;)

Thanks ;)

Ok so late last night I played with some camera settings and it made my pics slightly better ;)

8-9-2015_G.JPG
8-9-2015_F.JPG
8-9-2015_E.JPG
8-9-2015_D.JPG
8-9-2015_C.JPG
8-9-2015_B.JPG
8-9-2015_A.JPG

Thanks for looking :thanks:

Usually the higher the pH of your town water, the higher the PPM, naturally.

My town water is pH 6.9. I hope the PPM is lower as a result, but no way to tell yet until I *BUY* a meter.

Vlad

There is no real relation between pH and PPM Vlad. The pH of town water is usually adjusted at the water plant to meet potable water standards and it is tested for the various things that are in the water. That info is free for anyone and a call to the town or waterworks will usually get you a detailed report. Anyone using tap water should get them a few times a year as the water does change depending on their water source. If they ask why you want to know just say your fish are getting sick or you want to brew beer and need to know. None of their business anyways.

Most city water has a lot of minerals like calcium carbonate, Mg and all sorts of things that keep the pH up and resist being lowered. Acting as buffers as it were. With the town water here I can lower the pH with acid then leave it for a few hours and it's back to what it was. Totally useless for growing pot, making beer or wine or raising fish. At least here they use chlorine instead of chloramine and they stopped using that toxic waste, fluoride, many years ago but the ppm is 300+. RO all the way for me!

$20 for pen and $5 for small jug of calibration sol'n is a cheap but valuable investment for any grower.

L8r

There is no real relation between pH and PPM Vlad. The pH of town water is usually adjusted at the water plant to meet potable water standards and it is tested for the various things that are in the water. That info is free for anyone and a call to the town or waterworks will usually get you a detailed report. Anyone using tap water should get them a few times a year as the water does change depending on their water source. If they ask why you want to know just say your fish are getting sick or you want to brew beer and need to know. None of their business anyways.

Most city water has a lot of minerals like calcium carbonate, Mg and all sorts of things that keep the pH up and resist being lowered. Acting as buffers as it were. With the town water here I can lower the pH with acid then leave it for a few hours and it's back to what it was. Totally useless for growing pot, making beer or wine or raising fish. At least here they use chlorine instead of chloramine and they stopped using that toxic waste, fluoride, many years ago but the ppm is 300+. RO all the way for me!

$20 for pen and $5 for small jug of calibration sol'n is a cheap but valuable investment for any grower.

L8r

Great info and it makes sense in my case as my town ppm is very low (i do use a gauge) it is always only 40-50 ppm. The ph has even more stability as it has always been 8.0 since half way through my grow when I got the ph tester. I did not know it could be buffered so bad and revert back. Luckily I guess for me what ever they use to treat it must be mild because it stays when I use GH down. Kudo's Med!

Nice grow you have going. Very detailed. I got a 1/4 way in and glassed over, lol. But it's good you logged everything!

:goodjob:

ROFL yah its BORING! but when I was writing that part it was just data. I tried converting some of it to english but yah too boring. I didn't really expect to post it all here but seeing all the grows I got sucked in ;)
Thanks BTW. Keeping a good eye on things and just following the course :thanks:

8-10-2015 (58-49-27) Started off just inspecting and did some scrog work leave moving and adjusting. I moved the light up a few inches as the rear most bud ( it was one of the tallest) has been caught up to by the canopy. I let it sit in the corner so it doesn’t get the same direct light but should now with light adjustment. I am only doing LST at this point on leaves no Cola’s. So I expect the canopy to lose its shape somewhat. I finished up the nute change. PPm around 1170 with bud candy following the Lucas plan for nutes still full str for now. The PH at 5.70 but I will need to recheck it all tomorrow night. It will even out some between the 5 gal pot and reservoir. I think I saw a bug in the reservoir I am a little concerned. See through green with black eyes? I inspected the plant and can see no bugs but a few lower leaves have some marking and stuff but I attributed it to fan. Lack of light ..etc. Any idea’s? I will have to look close for more of them tomorrow.

8-11-2015 (59-50-28) Yahoo!! 4 weeks of flowering today! So where do we start? How bout this ? How bout that? j/k So first I stopped to get a new air pump compressor type and a new tub to make my veg tubs complete. Check and check! We'll just go back tomorrow and get the adapters I forgot. Really no big deal ;) I am at least running my one veg tub on it. PPM was 1190 and PH 5.92. Right near my averages in the good and the plant showed it. It has had a lot of growth since late last night. Calyx's everywhere. It had been 2 weeks exact since my last nute change but I did add 5 gallons along the way from transpiration so I pushed it to 2 weeks. The plant thanked me for doing it. Moving the light helped I'm sure as well. I'll try to get some more of those shitty pictures later on tonight. I hung a fly strip to catch one of those elusive bug things. Hopefully it doesn't become an issue. 30 mins at least last night I couldn't find one. Just the one I found in the res. If all goes well the bug can have a bud. May post more later may not. Laters :thanks:

Back
Top Bottom