Final Decision : Volksgarden 600w vs. CAP E&G 1kw : Start to Finish in ~1 week

Hey Wheel.

Kudos on the photos. Beautiful pics!

Did you ever have to support/stake your plants in the e-n-g?

Thanks man.
SF

nah, not this time, but the run was entirely holy shit, and it's not a huge producer, its just strong as hell, and tasty. . . I'm gonna look for a new strain soon. I have GWS too, but the high isn't really as strong as the HS, so i might try something new. maybe something from subcool, or dr. green thumb.

why spend 5 grand on equipment and fret over a couple hundred for seeds, especially since it's one of the most important parts.

nah, not this time, but the run was entirely holy shit, and it's not a huge producer, its just strong as hell, and tasty. . . I'm gonna look for a new strain soon. I have GWS too, but the high isn't really as strong as the HS, so i might try something new. maybe something from subcool, or dr. green thumb.

why spend 5 grand on equipment and fret over a couple hundred for seeds, especially since it's one of the most important parts.

Good genes is is where its at.

I don't - got this brain, uhh... thing. But now you went and done it, lol. Imma have to open that can of refried beans and, err...

here's what butch was talkin about bro ;)
Wheelo's 3rd run - Attack of the Holy Shoots

frostiness

:amen:

That E&G is still kickin butt. Nice frostiness on them ladies WOF.

Sidenote, the pic you have of the male you pulled outta the wheel, looks like he has trics around his balls. Is this normal? I have quite limited experience with males, but I've always pulled em without looking at them much. Was jus a funny thing i noticed.

Given how hard your water is, i'd say you're doin really well. Lookin good WOF :bravo::bravo:

Good genes is is where its at.

mos def.

frostiness

true dat.

here's what butch was talkin about bro ;)
Wheelo's 3rd run - Attack of the Holy Shoots
:amen:

That E&G is still kickin butt. Nice frostiness on them ladies WOF.

Sidenote, the pic you have of the male you pulled outta the wheel, looks like he has trics around his balls. Is this normal? I have quite limited experience with males, but I've always pulled em without looking at them much. Was jus a funny thing i noticed.

Given how hard your water is, i'd say you're doin really well. Lookin good WOF :bravo::bravo:

This is not a normal male dro, it is a female that I tricked into thinking she was male. kinda like lady gaga. lmao. I took a female clone, applied a Silver based solution which inhibits ethylene production in the plant, and turns a female into a male.

so yes there are trics, but you can't infer anything from it about males.

I do however believe that males are completely smokable, and I do know they have some thc, but not as much as females. . . I just always toss them too, unless I'm breeding.

ok, I'm gonna keep on chugging till this is done, only 2 more updates and I'm about to hit you with the first right now:

DAY 51 FLOWER:

here are some shots of the STS treated female that i turned male.

day51-01.JPG

day51-05.JPG

day51-14.JPG

here are some wheel before and afters.

explanation: i pulled all of the plants out of the wheel today. laid them out on the ground in the 4x8. I did this right after they were watered, so i could let them finish on the ground for the last couple of days.

this way i could just turn the damn thing off, kill the noise, start cleanup, and put the wheel away. cya bitch.

in the wheel.

day51-02.JPG

day51-03.JPG

day51-04.JPG

after i took them out i took these:

day51-24.JPG

day51-23.JPG

day51-22.JPG

day51-21.JPG

day51-20.JPG

day51-19.JPG

day51-18.JPG

now I have a lot of EnG pics, cause i like them the best. a lot. so hold on to your pants. . .

day51-06.JPG

day51-07.JPG

you can see for instance in this pic, that many of these buds did not fatten up girth-wise. there are probably a few culprits here, some res issues and that short drought. it'll still smoke nice, but i probably lost 1/3-1/2 of my yield with these issues. . . some did fatten up nicely though, and it certainly did better than the wheel.

day51-08.JPG

day51-09.JPG

day51-10.JPG

day51-11.JPG

day51-12.JPG

day51-13.JPG

day51-15.JPG

day51-16.JPG

day51-17.JPG

day51-25.JPG

day51-26.JPG

day51-27.JPG

day51-28.JPG

day51-29.JPG

day51-30.JPG

day51-31.JPG

day51-32.JPG

Purple??? nice cold nights! gets down to about 60. she's never done that before.

day51-33.JPG

day51-34.JPG

day51-35.JPG

why did you show me dr. green thumbs website??? damnit, I want to spend like a grand, and I'm broke.

thoroughly disappointing bro. $2k. you can spend that much a hellllllll of a lot better than i did. . . but then again, if you're a better grower than I am, maybe it could be a good purchase. not for me though.

thoroughly disappointing bro. $2k. you can spend that much a hellllllll of a lot better than i did. . . but then again, if you're a better grower than I am, maybe it could be a good purchase. not for me though.

I feel you man! Actually I've probably spent that much on brick weed over the past umpteen years....definitely not a better grower than you, but I learned a ton from you previous Wheel Journals and Grows.

Thanks for sharing your entire experience, good and bad! Now on to producing some serious budage!

:thanks:

SF

:sorry: :rofl: :rofl: :sorry:

Their cuts and beans are hands down some of the best on the market. Any1 wondering who they are here you go:

DrGreenthumb

Trust me, its worth very penny. And Wheel isn't one to be frugle, so figured why not. A person could spend an easy couple thousand on beans easily ontheir site. I'm saving to buy a few more of their strains before I journal another big grow. The Mat.Thunder. is where its at IMHO. Chumaluma is sick, you can see it in the BrownDirtWorrior videos. Man i could just go on about their strains..LOL..but its all about you. Dont front..:rofl:..I know your getting some of their beans . And I cant wait to see what WOF has in store. +rep

someone please talk to me need help. this wheel system looks awsome. but it seems like the plants dont like it, they turn yellow shitty yeilds. like wats upp? is there a certain strain i want to get one. but i want success

mx check out cannibus and maxximus volks grow they have been the most successful. wheel, i believe does have the wrong strain but he is not in cali limited amount of strains. at the end of the grow you should be looking at the wheel and saying were are the leaves because nothing but bud is the focus with the right strain in the wheel. gdp is a beast in the wheel and purple urkle. it does not like kush. short yield. if you look wheels leaves are find, considering his miss hap. you can dont miss a day or a day and a half of watering some will die. but i would check out the spinner if ur looking to buy. shit i need that thing.

I guess any growing device/method that requires one pick from a small set of strains for it to work properly is of limited use - unless one is only growing those strains.

yeah and no, theres hundreds of strains. you just got to find the rite ones i think thats part of the fun. take me i learned from short round it does not like kush. guess whats the first thing i do? kush this kush that. So much to try, Iknow the wheel loves gdp but that wont stop me from trying to get some banana o.g. kush. what ever floats ur boat. A grandmaster such as Torched Im sure could do better then I with any strain. I know after u spend on one you probably want to c the best return for your first run with it as possible.those two have all the traits a newbie would love. I find it a mystery y it doesnt like kush, but proves there is a difference between the marijuanas, kush vs whatever.

Indica varieties would seem to do best. And from one growers ear to about a 100,000 others. from what I understand, the urkle is either a hybrid or pheno of gdp. Ever grown em side by side. Almost identical, or at least all the cuts of those 2 I ever recieved or grew out were. And the info I got is from a good source. And unless the OG breeders of those strains jump in and tell me otherwise, I will assume the above info is correct. I would completely believe that those 2 would do wonderful in a wheel. Well pretty much any heavy feeding strain would. Wheel had a mishap, that was the downfall. He is a grower w/ unlimited potential and has proven it. I'd love to see him throw some True Bubba Kush in there and let it rip. With a strain like that, it being able to handle drought, pest, flux'n PH, and pretty much anything a seasoned grower or new-b can throw at her, she would thrive. And w/ wheels skills it would be one SICK grow. IMHO

Back
Top Bottom