Final Decision : Volksgarden 600w vs. CAP E&G 1kw : Start to Finish in ~1 week

butch ur right about the gdp and urkle there related. the gdp grows two ways in the volks by its self. sea of green like with everything focusing on the top, and just nice and consistent. the urkel she is buded the whole plant i mean little to no love handles. i can barely find the stem. i didnt know they were heavy feeders tho thx.

After seeing the wheel journals, I decided it was not for me. I love my eng, I like all my stuff but I still want to go vertical. Just not with the wheel. Noise from machine being number one factor, severe margin of clone sizes 2, and size and quality of buds. I am so glad to have been able to go through your journals bro.
I have recently started using bushmaster. So far it seems to work, starts flowering after the 1st week, got a bunch of starburst buds after week too. Shaved a week off and slowed or stopped the stretch. I used the bushmaster with a lower than recommended dosage of purple max with a 30% reduction of nutes. I haven't had a chance to test results of gravity but should have a lil info on that in may. The bush master is 1 time application and it might help with the wheel, especially in foliar application.

After seeing the wheel journals, I decided it was not for me. I love my eng, I like all my stuff but I still want to go vertical. Just not with the wheel. Noise from machine being number one factor, severe margin of clone sizes 2, and size and quality of buds. I am so glad to have been able to go through your journals bro.
I have recently started using bushmaster. So far it seems to work, starts flowering after the 1st week, got a bunch of starburst buds after week too. Shaved a week off and slowed or stopped the stretch. I used the bushmaster with a lower than recommended dosage of purple max with a 30% reduction of nutes. I haven't had a chance to test results of gravity but should have a lil info on that in may. The bush master is 1 time application and it might help with the wheel, especially in foliar application.

Mr. Smith let me know if you notice any reduction of resin glands while using the bushmasters. I have heard that it does exactly what it says it will do, but decreases resin production. I recently ventured to the vertical world and my system requires I keep my girls under 20", think I wont have a problem at all this round, but in case I'd ever like to try a sativa in it I'd like to know your resin results while using the bm... Hope its ok WOF, here's my project, first picture taken a 7 days into bloom and the second is this morning day 9 of bloom.

spinner_003_Large_.JPG

spinner_010_Large_.JPG

yeah and no, theres hundreds of strains. you just got to find the rite ones i think thats part of the fun. take me i learned from short round it does not like kush. guess whats the first thing i do? kush this kush that. So much to try, Iknow the wheel loves gdp but that wont stop me from trying to get some banana o.g. kush. what ever floats ur boat. A grandmaster such as Torched Im sure could do better then I with any strain. I know after u spend on one you probably want to c the best return for your first run with it as possible.those two have all the traits a newbie would love. I find it a mystery y it doesnt like kush, but proves there is a difference between the marijuanas, kush vs whatever.

actually, if you count it up, I've run 1)strawberry cough 2)Holy Shit 3)Great White Shark 4)SnowRyder 5)Auto Hindu Kush 6)Short Stuff (auto) 7)Low Ryder #2 8)Auto Lemon Skunk

so I would say my problems were not strain related, but skill related. It;s too touchy for my hand. If I could go to a store and buy 80 clones, It might be a-whole-nother story though because that would make the space requirement much much smaller.

Indica varieties would seem to do best. And from one growers ear to about a 100,000 others. from what I understand, the urkle is either a hybrid or pheno of gdp. Ever grown em side by side. Almost identical, or at least all the cuts of those 2 I ever recieved or grew out were. And the info I got is from a good source. And unless the OG breeders of those strains jump in and tell me otherwise, I will assume the above info is correct. I would completely believe that those 2 would do wonderful in a wheel. Well pretty much any heavy feeding strain would. Wheel had a mishap, that was the downfall. He is a grower w/ unlimited potential and has proven it. I'd love to see him throw some True Bubba Kush in there and let it rip. With a strain like that, it being able to handle drought, pest, flux'n PH, and pretty much anything a seasoned grower or new-b can throw at her, she would thrive. And w/ wheels skills it would be one SICK grow. IMHO

thanx bro, you're too nice. you're exactly right, i had a couple of problems again,
1)bacterial problem in the res
2)a 3 day drought at a critical point just before they were supposed to start to fatten up.

lol, Id love to try many things, including a strain like bubba, but not because it can handle stress . . . i just don't want to have the problems in the first place, lol I'd just like to grow it because it's a sweet strain.

the reason I am seemingly forever plagued by problems is because I am busy with "real" life, constantly changing and upgrading my equipment (to try to get it right), and I'm a stoner. lol. #2) happened after I Installed my light mover, I forgot to plug back in the fill pump. stoner mistake. was so busy didn't realize it for days. c'est la vie. #1)I am convinced the res problem was caused by the wheel. no wheel, no worries. hopefully I'll have a smooth res next run w/o her influence. no more RW cubes!!!!!! nuff said.

next run. no wheel. no more new equipment mid grow. hopefully i can buy more nutes. . . i had enough base, but was short on enhancers, so i stretched out my res changes and really only did 5 in 10 weeks. I am paring down on how many additives I am using next time.

Good choice bro, I wish I was there for me when I was looking into buying the wheel. lol. . . I bought some too, but i don't know why, with out the wheel, I don't really need it anymore, maybe I'll try it on the EnG just for the hell of it. Muahahaha. keep me informed of the purpmax (i dont care about color so much to pay for it) and gravity (something i would be very interested in if it worked well. I'd like to know about snowstorm too.

Mr. Smith let me know if you notice any reduction of resin glands while using the bushmasters. I have heard that it does exactly what it says it will do, but decreases resin production. I recently ventured to the vertical world and my system requires I keep my girls under 20", think I wont have a problem at all this round, but in case I'd ever like to try a sativa in it I'd like to know your resin results while using the bm... Hope its ok WOF, here's my project, first picture taken a 7 days into bloom and the second is this morning day 9 of bloom.

spinner_003_Large_.JPG

spinner_010_Large_.JPG

Looks sweet bro. . . by vert you mean the bulb is vert? vert usually means stacking plants vertically. did you DIY that box? its sweet, i think wrapping the plants around the light source is definitely the best way to maximize light efficiency for HID's. kudos.

How big is that bulb? if you could fit a cooltube in there with a <30w duct assist fan, youd lower your box temps by 6-7 degrees easy. every degree matters in tight quarters. would cost $150 though.

anyways I love DIY, and that thing looks sweet my friend.:goodjob:

I am going to have to let you know next grow. All the plants I am using bushmaster are on plants from seed from strains I have never grown before. To answer that question acurately I would need to do a clone run with a strain I have cloned before. I believe the purple max that I used with it helps increase resin production. It was originally known as Stacker. Same formula, different name. These two grows I was refering to are my first 2 using the bushmaster and purple max and are still on the first half of flower.

Is that the machine where the plants spin using cog wheels and ebbngrow? Hows the heat and using what wattage? Pricing too? Have a journal? How high does 3 machines stack?

Wheelo, purple max snow storm is one product.

yeah i feel you wheel, hate to c you put him on the self. if i had a dollar for every person thinking or claiming they are gonna get one. well, last of a dying breed. max and canibus got the shit down pact, pushing big pounds, thats why we havent heard from them. look at it this way you got one hell of a cloner. 80 clones every two weeks 8 to 10 bucks a pop.

well, It's time for another update. . . now that i have some time.

This is Day 55 Flower:

today lets start with the wheel, because I CHOPPED TODAY!!!

these are all the same 18 plants. about 30% of the total wheel. almost exactly the same underdeveloped, frosty, good smelling, tiny little buds i've pulled from the wheel every time so far. It looks like an ok-ish yield now, but after they lose 80% drying, it will turn out to be a pretty dismal yield.

day55-01.JPG

day55-02.JPG

day55-03.JPG

day55-04.JPG

day55-05.JPG

day55-06.JPG

if you look closely you can see this one is seeded.

day55-07.JPG

day55-08.JPG

day55-09.JPG

day55-10.JPG

day55-11.JPG

day55-12.JPG

This is the entire wheel, starting to dry.

day55-13.JPG

this shelve is the GWS.

day55-14.JPG

So I can skip to the end for the wheel for you guys. . . I pulled about 100 grams this turn dry wt. much worse than I thought. . . however I did successfully Inbreed the HS and cross breed the HS with the GWS using the STS method. I now have fully feminized lines of seed to insure my genetics, which frees me up to lose the live strain if i so choose. I am picking out seed as I go, but it looks like I will have well over 50 seeds in total. . . Plenty to find the golden mom.

so once again. . . semi-success. . . there will still be cure photos later.

Here is the reason for the drought. . . installing the mover in my tent for next grow.

day55-18.JPG

day55-19.JPG

used an extra CAP plastic protector to keep it from crimping when its at the far side.

day55-20.JPG

and of course, the EnG. Day 55. I am letting this go another day. . . my fingers were way tired from trimming all the wheel plants. . . not a lot of bud, but a ton of trimming.

I didn't take great photots this day, or get any good zooms, but trust me, these girls are as frostier than this strain has ever been before. they are completely covered in trics.

day55-15.JPG

day55-16.JPG

day55-17.JPG

day55-21.JPG

day55-22.JPG

day55-23.JPG

day55-24.JPG

day55-25.JPG

day55-26.JPG

day55-27.JPG

day55-28.JPG

day55-29.JPG

day55-30.JPG

day55-31.JPG

day55-32.JPG

day55-33.JPG

day55-34.JPG

day55-35.JPG

that E&G is treating you well. And congrats on the sucessful breeding. Those are 2 bomb strains to cross. 50 will give you a proper start with the new cross. (((BIG CONGRATS))).

And as for the wheel "thats life". Live and learn, I bet your next run with the wheel will be picture perfect. Between the knowledge you will gain from growing inthe E&G. As well as the experience from doing the last few grows in the wheel. Your destined to have your next run with the wheel take you beyond that sweet 1g/watt. +rep if I can :ganjamon:

that E&G is treating you well. And congrats on the sucessful breeding. Those are 2 bomb strains to cross. 50 will give you a proper start with the new cross. (((BIG CONGRATS))).

And as for the wheel "thats life". Live and learn, I bet your next run with the wheel will be picture perfect. Between the knowledge you will gain from growing inthe E&G. As well as the experience from doing the last few grows in the wheel. Your destined to have your next run with the wheel take you beyond that sweet 1g/watt. +rep if I can :ganjamon:

next run with the wheel is non existent at this point. she's done for. finito. I may get back to her someday, but until then, I will give this EnG a go for a while, and tier an Aero system to try to still top that 1 g/w mark.

the wheel only pulled .2g/w this time. . . 1g/w sure does seem far off.

This is the entire wheel, starting to dry.

day55-13.JPG

So I can skip to the end for the wheel for you guys. . . I pulled about 100 grams this turn dry wt.

Sympathies.

I didn't take great photots this day, or get any good zooms, but trust me, these girls are as frostier than this strain has ever been before. they are completely covered in trics.

Guess if you can do a close-up of a fan leaf and the trichomes are so thick between the fingers that it looks like it's growing shiny webbed feet... All is not without hope.

:thumb:

well if you do. Trust me, experience is the gift it gave you. You had it til' the drought. And the aero stadium..well all I can say is "Heath Robinson" HELL YEAH!!..LOL

I'd love to see a coliseum grow here ;)

2 g/watt possible

Sorry to hear the wheel is going into mothballs. I've enjoyed the shows ;)

You've got some serious sticky there on the Eng, best wishes for a strong count :surf:

I'd love to see a coliseum grow here ;)

2 g/watt possible

Couldnt agree with you more. 2g/watt..Wheel I'm going to retire if you pull that :rofl:(not that I dont think it not do able, cause it is)..it'll actually make me want to build one..LOL

Couldnt agree with you more. 2g/watt..Wheel I'm going to retire if you pull that :rofl:(not that I dont think it not do able, cause it is)..it'll actually make me want to build one..LOL

To be clear I'm talking about the vertical grow coliseum and your reference to Heath. He signed up here but hasn't posted much ;)

Wizewizo is doing some interesting vertical work with the spinner.

Back
Top Bottom