First CFL Grow Using 30 Watt CFLs

Looks like you pretty much got things dialed in..i think if you put enough RO water thru your pot...you can remove all nutes including nitrogen...as far as light stopping rooting..the jury is still out on that..i seen videos of putting clones in fish tanks..with fish and airstones...as soon as i get some fish...you will see that experiment in my journal...i got 2 more clones growing like they been topped...it depends on where you make your cut..if its close to and under a growing shoot...you will wind up with a plant with 2 tops...shaped like a Y...also..i haven't forgotten about grafting...i'm going to try again ..outside..after Isaac leaves the area...and your journal...pass me up..you got 101 pages and more results..thats the number on the right side of your page across from the date and time...

Thanks for explaining all this, very informative, I was worried about the nitrogen thing because I've read it a couple of differant places. I've learned over the last couple months since I started, that some of the stuff in some of these book although might be proven shouldn't be taken as scripture. I am probably going to start taking clones off my plants tomorrow, at least one plant. Thanks again for explaining the way u do things.

Nice harvest DP! I couldn't really read everything that I have missed but the main topic was CFL and MH (stretch, etc)... If you get a 400w MH bulb I think you would like it quite a bit more then CFL's for veg! I started a plant once under (8) 23w 6500k CFLs and the growth was nothing compared to my 400w MH.. You saw my plant as it was growing and I started it with the MH from day 3 on! Nodes were so tight you couldn't stick a pencil between them. I think your problem lies in your dual spec bulb, think about it your splitting the preferred lumens between two different schedules 20/4 or 18/6 and 12/12... For veg you want the blue light spectrum and flower the red.. I personally think you would benefit in both veg and flower with getting the appropriate bulbs for each :)

the benefit of dual bulbs is convenience. i think their best use is for auto's in soil that has all the nutes the plant needs and a water drip system...you could litterally just set up a timer and leave them till they done, lol.

dual is also useful for combining veg and flower when sharing a room and doing GLR. you just need to protect the flowring ones from your late night light, which should probably be just 1 10w cfl or such, one of our survival blankets put up as a screen should block that at night.

Hi donpaul.p ! Your garden looks great at all ages from the last pictures. Everything is textbook or better.

It took me while to catch up as this is an active Journal with many good members.

Keep up the fantistic work. :goodjob: There is a ton of good knowledge in the posts of this journal.

Hey Tesmp,
CONGRATULATIONS ON POTM BRO!!:goodjob::high-five: Glad everyone got their votes in for ya!!! She was a mighty fine plant there pal.:amen:
I gather youre still in drying process and such, but hows it lookin, hangin there all sparkly and stinkin it up:)??
How do you think you may go weight wise now youve trimmed her up? You rekon youll get more than ya thought now you had a chance to hold them phat nugs:):) I hope if anything, at least youre happy with it mate and also * SMOKE REPORT*:) HAha.. Soon you be winning NOTM!!
All the best buddy, take it easy and chat soon ay. Smokem..:thumb:

well done teSmp, a winner from day 1.

thanks for the comments and the lighting advice, at the moment my main grow room is both veg and flower room, im running glr for the plants in their under veg and then when the light goes off i take both hempies out and the bottom of the nl x bb, i have also started flowering another plant that has been in veg for a couple of weeks its the ak47 cross uk cherry cheese, ill also be cloaning this plant, so these 4 plants get taken out the main room so they get their 13 hours of dark, then they go back in the room when the light comes on.

i will get a mh bulb once the hempies have finished and the 2 flowering plants have finished, the nl x bb is pretty much done im just seing how far it will go, the hempies are not far off either so not long to go then ill get a mh bulb for veg and a non dual spec hps for flower, but a couple of weeks before i swap bulbs

@1970's growers, thanks a lot my friend, its been a great journey i have been on, ive learned so much since coming to this site and my grow has just got better and better, ive not had many problems yet touch wood, and hoping i can keep things moving along as good as they are now, im getting these plants out the way then ill be giving hydro a try, im thinking either a scrog 3ft by 3ft, or 4 seperate dwc buckets, im trying to get more yield, id like around 4oz per plant or more, and scrog would get me these results, im not sure what i would get off a none scrog dwc grow per plant, say 30 day veg under glr then flip 12-12,

i could give the fish tank clone a try, i got a tropical tank that runs at around 80f, so i could try that for a clone experiment, then i could see if the light affects the root growth as the light is on all day and only off a night so my night time fish can come out and clean the tank for me,

the special kush is dry and gone into jars for a cure, the dry weight is 20.25g, i thought it would of been more as the buds are pretty fat, they are really sticky as well, ive not quick dried any of this so ill try it after some time in jars, im happily smoking the nl x bb at the moment, when i roll a joint and smoke it the affect dont hit me strait away but after a few minutes im happily stuck on the sofa, a great night time smoke, cant wait to try the nl x bb thats still in flower, im leaving the bottom half of the plant till its over 30%amber, not sure how far the plants will go amber wise or how this affects the taste and quality, but im happy to find out, theirs not much left on the plant but the buds are getting fat so im getting more than i would if i harvested it all at the same time

Yeah..it surprising how much weight the buds lose when they dry..when you start that fish tank up..might be a good idea to put a couple of algea eaters in there..i don't think they cost that much..Issac came by my house and left me a message..he said.."want to learn how to graft motherf*ck^r ...graft this"...and tore a branch off my purple haze..and she had a large cola on it..well..i put it back on and so far its still green and no wilt..we'll see...stay focus...

hope the graft goes ok mate, are you trying to graft it back onto the same place it broke from, the only grafting i have been reading about is where you graft the branch into the v part of a branch where a node grows, you cut the end of the branch into a v then the same in the plant and then this fits into the plant and should graft back on, but i know nothing about it and not tried it so cant give you much advice on how best to do it, im sure someone will jump in and give some advice.

i got a few fish tanks mate, i got a big 4fty by 2 ft tank on a stand with tropical fish and algae eaters, i got a huge plek about 1ft long and trashes the tank when he gets pissed off with the other fish, he knocks everything over and pushes his cave upside down, makes a right noise at night when im trying to sleep,
i also got a coffee table fish tank, just getting that set up, so ill be either moving my fish into the coffee table fish tank or ill be getting me some new fish, my algae eaters keep the glass clean when the lights are on, plus i have to make sure the tanks are out of the direct sunlight else they turn green pretty quick, my fish are ok keeping the algae at bay.

@miwa, hope the storm didnt do to much damage to property and plants mate, keeping my fingers crossed on everything turning around for you mate, we dont have storms like that hear but even if we did i dont think i have enough sunny weather to grow out doors, its been crappy here and not checked on my outdoor plant, but im not expecting anything good from it, the nights are getting darker now so it would be coming into flower soon, but i honestly dont think their will be anything their when i check on it, it was barely surviving last time i checked,

if i grow out doors next year then ill put my clones in pots instead of in the ground, that was i can partially cover the pots to stop them getting water logged and the roots wont be fighting for space, as i think they was last time i checked on it, either the ground was to wet or the roots fighting for space with other weeds caused the lack of growth,

Right ...last winter i was putting the cutting in the fork of the branch..but i also saw them grafting on the side of the stem..i put it back where it was broke..yeah..pots outside is good..i just need to go larger and rig me up a dolly with wheels to make them mobile...maybe a 30 or 40 gal low profile cloth pot..yeah.. that tank with the plek ..that sounds ideal..put the cutting in a foam insert or something that floats ...sit it adrift..and forget about it..fish will provide the nutes when its ready for them..probably could grow to harvest if you could find a way to stablelize the stem...make sure ph and temp is right...i'm going to start mine next week..:idea:i think i will use my fridge clone...2 experiments in one...the one with no roots needs complete darkness...i think...that tea has put all my plants in overdrive..the ones in the cloner got flowers...the ones around the compost pile..some are amost 12 inches..with no nutes...only tea...as soon as Issac gets out of the area i'll take some pics and upload...i think we will have clear skys monday..grow good...stay focus...

i like the idea of a floating plant, hmm im going to give it a try with one of my clones sounds interesting, i wonder how far you could actually go with a fish tank, the water is heated so ill need to check the temps within range, i can move the temp up or down slightly, but if i go higher my fish get frisky and start making babies, so i keep it mid range of where it needs to be, but i have heard of people using fish tank water to water their plants with, i wonder if it would give my plants a boost.

if anyone knows about tank water then give me a shout, i need to know if it would boost my plants if i used it to water every now and again, i know the fish produce waste which should be a benefit to the plants, i know the fish water contains nitrates and nitrites, plus other stuff, i got lots of chemicals to test the water for these by products if my fish are ill or suffering, but ive had no issues so all i do is check the ph is within range and keep the temp in range, apart from that my pump does all the cleaning and every 6 weeks i change 1/3rd of the water and put clean water in, then every 3 months i do a full tank clean, but it dont get messy as the plek tends to keep everything clean

Hey DP how's it mate? Just wanted to let you guys know I submitted a couple buds for nug of the month, check em out let me know what you think :)

Also had a question maybe some of you more experienced growers could help me with, can I cure my buds in ziplocs? Instead of jars? Just think I could fit more in a Ziploc and would be easier to move the buds around for a more thorough cure. What do you guys think?

Also had a question maybe some of you more experienced growers could help me with, can I cure my buds in ziplocs? Instead of jars? Just think I could fit more in a Ziploc and would be easier to move the buds around for a more thorough cure. What do you guys think?

I would not recommend it at all.. For one if you didn't dry it enough your just going to end up getting moldy in the zip lock. You can buy a 12-15 pack of quart jars for like $10, that would hold 1.5-2 pounds or so.

I would not recommend it at all.. For one if you didn't dry it enough your just going to end up getting moldy in the zip lock. You can buy a 12-15 pack of quart jars for like $10, that would hold 1.5-2 pounds or so.

Yep...gotta watch that mold...thats why i have a Hydrometer..put it in the jar with your med..hyd read too high=bud too wet..leave it in there you'll get mold...even in a mason jar..but then again...JamesTheGreen uses a room..too much to put in a jar...:thumb:

Would it not be equally at risk of mold in jars as it would in bags, the only reason I have even considered it is in the jars I'm having to shake the jars to shift the buds around and I was concerned about the middle buds not having adequate room to sweat properly, and the buds are much easier to sift threw and spread middle to the outside etc. in the baggies. I already have 6 1 litre jars, and notice when I roll it around to move/separate the buds all the trichs are building up on the walls of the jar and I feel like I'm losing valuable THC but feel it is still necessary to roll these buds around because the smaller buds were really dry but the bigger buds weren't completely dry so I was concerned the bigger buds would cause mold if I don't separate and move them around once in a while. I plan to finish my cure in jars, just for now when I'm not 100% all the buds are at the same dryness level I want to be able to manually stir them around with my hand, and my hand doesn't fit in the jars..........does anybody understand my logic here?

Please don't harass me about "well if it wasn't dry you shouldn't have put it in jars" lol I'm new to this, and I wanted a consistent cure, therefore I didn't want it 100% dry I tried to catch it around 90% dry, and like i said some of the smaller buds were bone dry and the bigger buds were about 80% so I figured combining them would give me that 10% I was looking for, but until I know there will be no mold issues I would rather use a freezer bag as opposed to a jar, make sense?

Would it not be equally at risk of mold in jars as it would in bags, the only reason I have even considered it is in the jars I'm having to shake the jars to shift the buds around and I was concerned about the middle buds not having adequate room to sweat properly, and the buds are much easier to sift threw and spread middle to the outside etc. in the baggies. I already have 6 1 litre jars, and notice when I roll it around to move/separate the buds all the trichs are building up on the walls of the jar and I feel like I'm losing valuable THC but feel it is still necessary to roll these buds around because the smaller buds were really dry but the bigger buds weren't completely dry so I was concerned the bigger buds would cause mold if I don't separate and move them around once in a while. I plan to finish my cure in jars, just for now when I'm not 100% all the buds are at the same dryness level I want to be able to manually stir them around with my hand, and my hand doesn't fit in the jars..........does anybody understand my logic here?

Please don't harass me about "well if it wasn't dry you shouldn't have put it in jars" lol I'm new to this, and I wanted a consistent cure, therefore I didn't want it 100% dry I tried to catch it around 90% dry, and like i said some of the smaller buds were bone dry and the bigger buds were about 80% so I figured combining them would give me that 10% I was looking for, but until I know there will be no mold issues I would rather use a freezer bag as opposed to a jar, make sense?

I look forward to any vets giving an answer. I am way too new to have this experience! Your theory seems sound but lets see.

Back
Top Bottom