First Ever Grow - But The Coolest Little Micro Grow Around - Spring 2016

Hey jayne c

I'm not 100% sure that, that is light burn, it looks more like nutrient tip burn to me

I am able to have plants as close as 8'' from a 400w HPS and 3'' from a 250w HPS in a cooltube, and still not get light burn.

With light burn you will usually notice bleaching, actual burning usually comes from the direct heat produced by HID lights. I doubt LED could produce enough heat to burn a plant, possibly bleaching if light intensity is too high but LEDs are too cool to scorch.

GreenFingers

Hey jayne c

I'm not 100% sure that, that is light burn, it looks more like nutrient tip burn to me

I am able to have plants as close as 8'' from a 400w HPS and 3'' from a 250w HPS in a cooltube, and still not get light burn.

With light burn you will usually notice bleaching, actual burning usually comes from the direct heat produced by HID lights. I doubt LED could produce enough heat to burn a plant, possibly bleaching if light intensity is too high but LEDs are too cool to scorch.

GreenFingers
That was my first thought too, but it is only on the tallest parts of the plant. My ppm did uptick slightly, from 800 to 820, but have been pretty consistent. I haven't added nutes in several days either. I wouldn't be shocked if it was nute burn it just seemed that the lights were a more likely culprit.

Oh and the whole LEDs don't get hot enough thing, well either that is false or the if its too hot for your hand then its too hot for your plant is false. This light gets pretty damn hot up close.

The plants seems quite happier with the lights powered down a bit. Temps are quite a bit easier to keep under control now too. I topped off a bit with just water today. I'm still watching them like a hawk.

I would have said it was a mild nute burn to the tips. I've not seen a light burn like that. With led the bud bleaches more than burns, goes kinda white. Here is a pic I snagged off the Web of bleached buds

20160514_185351.JPG

I'm agreeing with above^^^ give em another cup of water and see if that helps them flush out whatever is in excess. how often do you change reservoirs?
I added a 1/2 gallon of water and dropped the ppm down to 650 from 800.

I was changing the res every 5 days, but I've let it go a bit longer lately now that my res temps are staying below 70 generally. I'll probably change it on Monday.

Not a pro but also to me it looks like nutrient burn.

What I do when I realize nutrient burn is adding some fresh water to the reservoir and not feeding for a while. When Insee new growth wothout nutrient burn I keep going. Otherwise I change the reservoir with fresh water and less nutrients. Sometimes it's better to change the whole reservoir instead of waiting and wasring some time.

I am amazed how she survived the heavy trimming. Happy for you. She looks beautiful. You should see some pistils within 10 days.

even 500 ppm wouldn't cause them to starve since they've gotten a hair cut. less is more

hydro sure is finicky sometimes. tread lightly comrades :bongrip:

Back
Top Bottom