Ironmansteve09

420 Member
I am growing GC and I started about 1 month ago are my babies looking alright or do I need to do anything else? Any advice would be great!!!

My only concern is I topped them and I used clean scissors and rubbing alcohol to sterilize but 24 hours later where I cut look almost burnt is that like basically a scab? Or did I mess it up?

And when should they start flowering? When should I switch to 12/12 with lighting? I’m at 18/6 right now. I just don’t really know much about growing but any input would be great!!!
Thank you,

And I am really not sure exactly how to tell the males from female? I mean I get the string and the ball thing but I can’t really see either yet

I believe you will not see the signs, until you initiate a flowering light schedule. I.E. 12 hrs on 12 hrs off.

I suggest you start reading as much as you can on this site. When you get tired of reading walk away for an hour and come back and read some more. I'm a newbie also but I'm learning just by reading other people's comments.

Don't worry about the browning where you topped it...she's fine. They are still growing and probably need another 2 weeks before you flip them to 12/12. Once in flower, you probably see their sex around 50 days (and you will have read more here by then to know how this all works :))

Curious on your setup...why the soil pots in a bucket of soil?

I’m just waiting till tomorrow to get another bag of soil then going to transplant basically just prepping for the final setup. So 2 more weeks until I flip light to 12/12???

Most plants show sex around 55-60 days old... They will most likely double in size (being Indi dom) once flowering is initiated.. looking healthy, nice :thumb::passitleft:

Don't worry about the browning where you topped it...she's fine. They are still growing and probably need another 2 weeks before you flip them to 12/12. Once in flower, you probably see their sex around 50 days (and you will have read more here by then to know how this all works :))

I’m just waiting till tomorrow to get another bag of soil then going to transplant basically just prepping for the final setup. So only 2 more weeks until I flip light to 12/12???

I’ve been reading like crazy for about 2 months now and just so many different options and opinions just need a little advice on these steps to get the best quality I can from it.
She'll do great...repot her, don't overwater her, let her go another 2 weeks in 18/6, then flip her to 12/12. :headbanger:

Hi Ironmansteve09,
Welcome to 420. I highly suggest you start a grow journal. That way we will have all the specs of the grow and you will receive advice all along the way. I'm interested to know what lighting you have and how close it is to the plants. I see stretching and I'm curious to know if with a little advice we might be able to reduce that from happening further for you. Do you know if the seeds were Autos, Feminized, Photo... ?
Also I can't help but ask... are you planning to transplant them all together into that big tote?

Hi Ironmansteve09,
Welcome to 420. I highly suggest you start a grow journal. That way we will have all the specs of the grow and you will receive advice all along the way. I'm interested to know what lighting you have and how close it is to the plants. I see stretching and I'm curious to know if with a little advice we might be able to reduce that from happening further for you.
Also I can't help but ask... are you planning to transplant them all together into that big tote?
Yes but only after they are declared female

Hi Ironmansteve09,
Welcome to 420. I highly suggest you start a grow journal. That way we will have all the specs of the grow and you will receive advice all along the way. I'm interested to know what lighting you have and how close it is to the plants. I see stretching and I'm curious to know if with a little advice we might be able to reduce that from happening further for you.
I don’t have too much room to grow so I am trying to do what I can with what I got

I’ve been reading like crazy for about 2 months now and just so many different options and opinions just need a little advice on these steps to get the best quality I can from it.

Every grower has their own goals in mind while preparing their grow. You need to compare your goal with similar goals in the grow journal section. Within that section, you can see step by step what others have done, and adapt your grow to that.

Yes but only after they are declared female

Looks like I was too slow to edit my post before you replied. I also asked "Do you know if the seeds were Autos, Feminized, Photo... ?".

Back
Top Bottom