First Grow: Outdoor Autoflower Blueberry & AK-47 In Pots With Dr. Earth Soil

I gotta say bruh I respect ur hard work....i remember telling myself I was gonna record it all and take run off samples and ph levels...tjen I did it one day and was like this take entirely too much time so I fasho take my hat off to u bro ecspecially since it's your first grow

Ditto!!

Nice to have you along on both journals! The second one is just starting but man was I happy to see the first sprout! :)

Dude I know what u mean. I don't feel good bout caring for them till their 3-4 weeks old. I had my 1 of my em seedlings get snatched out by a bird. I was pissed. So I'm always nervous bout leaving them out now, but nowhere but outside to go. Meh....still very exciting. More so than the dreaded Golf addiction!!

Dude I know what u mean. I don't feel good bout caring for them till their 3-4 weeks old. I had my 1 of my em seedlings get snatched out by a bird. I was pissed. So I'm always nervous bout leaving them out now, but nowhere but outside to go. Meh....still very exciting. More so than the dreaded Golf addiction!!

Golf addiction?? Better watch out for that. It can keep you away from your plants if you spend too long on the 19th hole ;)

Oh those early days...so much hope for the future, so much that can go wrong. Kinda like kids! Not that I was worried a bird was gonna take away one of my kids, but I did have a seagull take a hotdog right off the grill once.

Ok, big photo update today with lots of random bits of information. There will be more than one post for this so please hold your applause ;)

I got two new hygrometers yesterday (thanks KnottyDread for the recommend) and wanted to run the salt test to check their accuracy. I figured I would recheck the old one as well while I was doing it. You may remember that the old one came in at 79% so I had been subtracting 4% when I would read it.

This test didn't get started until around 11pm so I left it overnight. Here are the results (75% would be spot on):

20170823_070734.jpg

You can see that in the long-term test, the old one is actually off 1% to the minus (it reads 74%) so everything I thought was dry is actually 5% wetter than I believed. Crap! The two new ones were close at 77 and 78%. I labeled them with the actual readings so I could keep track when they're in the jars.

20170823_071229.jpg

So now my drying weed is too wet! I left the jars open for the day in the shed and hope the RH in there isn't higher than the moisture in the buds themselves.

AK-47 on day 97 and Blue 2 on day 96 each got 1/2 gallon of pH water this morning:

AK bottom. Seriously, still seeing clear trichomes on this???:

20170823_073838.jpg

20170823_080009.jpg

20170823_080016.jpg

Blue 2:

20170823_073817.jpg

20170823_080037.jpg

These are both looking pretty worn out so I'm going to take them down very soon. I haven't decided whether to try the 48 hours of darkness thing or just take them down tomorrow morning. Either way I'll have to get up very early to get all the washing, drying, and hanging before I go to work. I'd leave them in the shed in the dark until Saturday if I thought it wasn't going to get too damp in there and start molding before I even get to chop them.

On the plus side, my wife had some of the now-drying AK-47 top last night and gave it a much better review: "very happy high" and "really good" were the two quotable responses. Makes me feel better about taking it down.

Ok, that's all for now.

AK-47 on day 97 and Blue 2 on day 96 each got 1/2 gallon of pH water this morning:

20170823_073838.jpg

20170823_080009.jpg

20170823_080016.jpg

Blue 2:

20170823_073817.jpg

20170823_080037.jpg

These are both looking pretty worn out so I'm going to take them down very soon. I haven't decided whether to try the 48 hours of darkness thing or just take them down tomorrow morning. Either way I'll have to get up very early to get all the washing, drying, and hanging before I go to work. I'd leave them in the shed in the dark until Saturday if I thought it wasn't going to get too damp in there and start molding before I even get to chop them.

On the plus side, my wife had some of the now-drying AK-47 top last night and gave it a much better review: "very happy high" and "really good" were the two quotable responses. Makes me feel better about taking it down.

Ok, that's all for now.

Look for at least 5% amber bro trust

20170823_073838.jpg

20170823_080009.jpg

20170823_080016.jpg

Blue 2:

20170823_073817.jpg

20170823_080037.jpg

Ok, that's all for now.

Dude, the last pic is perfect imo...at least for the energetic get shit done high I crave. :thumb:

Look for at least 5% amber bro trust

I've probably already got 5% on the Blueberry, but if I only take the AK buds with 5% amber I could be doing a staggered harvest on this through Halloween! I've already got 3 new sprouts in the soil (see my second grow journal below) so I was kinda hoping to wrap this up by Sunday. But if you really think I should wait I guess I could just take a bud a week and leave the rest outside so the new babies can have the CFLs at night.

Yeah I'm with you on the Blueberry. It's coming down as soon as I can get organized (which means getting to bed early enough to wake up at 6am!). :)

Joe thinks I should give the AK more time though...very staggered harvest.

The ak looked mostly milky to me. Which according to what I've read, cause I don't know shit, & I'll be the first to admit it...mostly milky would be PERFECT. Good luck which ever way you go. So how you going to flush before taking it down tonight.

Hey shed...forgot to mention...that's the nicest 1st grow I've seen on here to this day. Bravo dude. :thumb:

:thanks:

Thanks for that Moon! I got so much help here from a bunch of random members who came and went along the way, not to mention the ones who stuck around for the long haul! This is a great community of folks with a strong bent for contributing to the knowledge of the craft of growing.

:Namaste:

20170823_073838.jpg

20170823_080009.jpg

20170823_080016.jpg

Blue 2:

20170823_073817.jpg

20170823_080037.jpg

Ok, that's all for now.

When I chopped my critical it was at 12 weeks and barely 10% but after the dry and cure it was amazeballs the resin s are there and as for the dark period I'm going to do it again I think it pulled more of the terpenes out imho

The am looked mostly milky to me. Which according to what I've read, cause I don't know shit, & I'll be the first to admit it...mostly milky would be PERFECT. Good luck which ever way you go. So how you going to flush before taking it down tonight.

I think I mentioned (in your journal maybe and here I think) that I'm not convinced on the necessity of flushing. I only flushed when I saw a buildup in the PPM to make sure the plant wasn't getting too much of a good thing. I fed them both earlier this week and plain water this morning to tide them over while I decide what to do. If I go with Joe's recommendation and only harvest the AK bud by bud, then I'll keep feeding it until the end. Blueberry is done getting water.

Did I say tonight? Not sure I can commit to that yet ;)

When I chopped my critical it was at 12 weeks and barely 10% but after the dry and cure it was amazeballs the resin s are there and as for the dark period I'm going to do it again I think it pulled more of the terpenes out imho

I hear ya. My wife gave a thumbs up on the partially cured AK that she wasn't fond of fresh off the plant. I could put Blue 2 in tonight and leave the lights off, and cut it down Saturday morning. That way I don't lose any sleep! AK on the other hand with its clear trichs makes me (and obviously Joe) more nervous.

:thanks:

Thanks for that Moon! I got so much help here from a bunch of random members who came and went along the way, not to mention the ones who stuck around for the long haul! This is a great community of folks with a strong bent for contributing to the knowledge of the craft of growing.

:Namaste:

Well said!

How long was your dark period..24 or 72?? Or doesn't matter? When do you do that again, before or after the chop??

I think I mentioned (in your journal maybe and here I think) that I'm not convinced on the necessity of flushing. I only flushed when I saw a buildup in the PPM to make sure the plant wasn't getting too much of a good thing. I fed them both earlier this week and plain water this morning to tide them over while I decide what to do. If I go with Joe's recommendation and only harvest the AK bud by bud, then I'll keep feeding it until the end. Blueberry is done getting water.

Did I say tonight? Not sure I can commit to that yet ;)

no thanks, think I've had enough. Whewww. Gorilla glue.

Back
Top Bottom