First Grow - White Widow Fem - Soil - LED

HiYa again..
Personally, I would NOT be giving any nutes at this stage..You really need to get rid of those Peat pots, since they leech water away from the seedlings...Remember..Hands off is the best policy, especially for young seedlings..JMHO!
I Made the same error using peat pots..never again!

Say whaa? Peat pots are bad? Dangit. I got a small 'starter pack' here in Australia to try and mine seem to be doing okay (maybe different?), though my light was pretty poor. Simple desklamp for germing. The pots seem okay for a few weeks from seed. I'll give them another shot when I get my lights/timers set up but I personally haven't had a problem with the peat pots yet. Maybe I'll change my mind when I get my lights setup, or maybe they are a different type of peat pot? (you being in the US and me being in Australia).

Oh, and I'll be sitting in on this grow cause my first non-bagseed strain will be White Widow so I wanna see how they grow.

The big bloom wont hurt, it doesn't have any nitrogen or anything, its earthworm casting and bat guano, you can give the big bloom at all stages and it wont hurt, but i wouldn't give any grow big right now, i would wait till day 15 to 20 days old and srart at 1/8 to 1/4 strength.✌
Thanks Tom! I definitely won't touch the grow big for awhile!

No need to be afraid..You can always wet the peat pot to make it soft..go around it with a butter knife to loosen the soil from that pesky pot...then simply cut it away being gentle of course..What pots are using for the final?? I really like those fabric ones like Smart pots...
Thanks for the tips! I'm transplanting into 2 gallon fabric pots this evening and then final container will be 7 gallon fabric pots.. 247Garden is the brand

If it makes you feel better I have some beans from nirvana and growth has been good but have got deformed leaves on both to this day. I thought I had rouge caterpillar in my tent but as it continued to grow it became obvious it's just deformed growth.
Im not too worried, since Im only keeping 2 plants..Do you know if it will affect yield?

Well! Transplanted my WW girls today. They are about 2 weeks old. Wish I could have waited, but I'm glad I got them out of there. Buzzer777, you were so right! When I transplanted the first one (the mutant), I tried cutting away the container but that proved to be alot harder than it sounds the soil was so dry! I probably killed it The other 2 I sprayed all around the peat pot and top of the soil to moisten, and then cut the pot away until it was even with the soil. Then turned them over and they popped right out, easy! I think those will be fine. I expect slow growth for awhile since they are still pretty small for the 2 gallon pots. Thank you Buzzer777 for the advice! Will post an update tomorrow!

420-magazine-mobile1469915407.jpg
420-magazine-mobile761797606.jpg
420-magazine-mobile917262421.jpg

80% Fox Farm Ocean Forest
20% Organic Perlite
I also put a thin layer of perlite at the bottom of the pot.
247Garden Fabric Pots- 2gallon
RO water- 6.5 PH

Well, I checked on my girls this morning and they look awesome!! They are all lifting their leaves towards the light and can see growth from just last night! You never know, but I think they are going to thrive from this transplant! I will post some pics in the next couple days of growth, but here is my set up. I have 2-300 watt Vipar Spectra lights, 24" from plants. I previously had only one light on, but with the larger pots taking up more room, I went ahead and turned on the other. 1 oscillating fan and a hum/temp gauge. I have 2- 6"inline fans for later on in the grow. 75-82 degrees F with lights on, 70-75 with lights off. Averaging 50% Humidity. Won't be feeding any nutes for about a month(??), since they have 2 gallons of FFOF to eat on.

My struggle now will be keeping the temps down with both lights on, but it's definitely doable.

Here's a pic of the set up for now. Will post plant pics this week.
420-magazine-mobile1929423784.jpg

Everything has been going smooth, so I have nothing new to post as far as that goes. Thought it would be a good time to talk about why I partake in this WONDERFUL plant.. so here goes!

When my fiance and I met 3 years ago I was on an SSRI for major depressive order, Klonopin for Anxiety and Social Anxiety Disorder and Seroquel for when it got really bad. It got to the point where I could hardly feel anything at all; sadness, happiness, anger, excitement. EVERYTHING was numb. I started smoking just for enjoyment and when going out with friends and realized that weed worked a lot better than my anxiety meds, and I could still have fun and not just want to sleep! It was an absolute life changer for me. I slowly weaned off the anxiety meds and after alot of research and soul searching decided to wean off the SSRI as well. It was not easy. Detox was awful, and I thought many times about ending my life, but I got through it with the love of my fiance and the help of MaryJane! Let me throw in a little ***DISCLAIMER: This can be very dangerous, and is not for everyone. Never go cold turkey, and always talk to your DR before you wean***

I still struggle with depression and social anxiety, and I probably always will, but Marijuana has helped me to cope with it and still enjoy life to the fullest. This also brings me to why I decided to grow. I wanted not only the satisfaction/enjoyment of growing it myself, but to be able to pick a strain recommended for Depression/Anxiety. That's why I chose White Widow.

Everything has been going smooth, so I have nothing new to post as far as that goes. Thought it would be a good time to talk about why I partake in this WONDERFUL plant.. so here goes!

When my fiance and I met 3 years ago I was on an SSRI for major depressive order, Klonopin for Anxiety and Social Anxiety Disorder and Seroquel for when it got really bad. It got to the point where I could hardly feel anything at all; sadness, happiness, anger, excitement. EVERYTHING was numb. I started smoking just for enjoyment and when going out with friends and realized that weed worked a lot better than my anxiety meds, and I could still have fun and not just want to sleep! It was an absolute life changer for me. I slowly weaned off the anxiety meds and after alot of research and soul searching decided to wean off the SSRI as well. It was not easy. Detox was awful, and I thought many times about ending my life, but I got through it with the love of my fiance and the help of MaryJane! Let me throw in a little ***DISCLAIMER: This can be very dangerous, and is not for everyone. Never go cold turkey, and always talk to your DR before you wean***

I still struggle with depression and social anxiety, and I probably always will, but Marijuana has helped me to cope with it and still enjoy life to the fullest. This also brings me to why I decided to grow. I wanted not only the satisfaction/enjoyment of growing it myself, but to be able to pick a strain recommended for Depression/Anxiety. That's why I chose White Widow.

Thanks for sharing that man and I'm glad to hear you've found some solace. It wasn't until last year that I started addressing my depression and anxiety so I can relate to a lot of what you said. Started with Prozac, which I can tell you was two of the worst experiences in my life (getting used to it and coming off). Then to Wellbutrin and Adderall.

The only constant I could rely on for relief however was cannabis. The worst part for me was the monotony of doctors saying, "and it should be about 4-6 weeks before you start to see therapeutic benefits." What your telling me I'm going to feel like this for at least another month??? If I didn't have something for the acute symptoms I don't know what I would've done (especially since drinking is impossible on them).

Still being on Wellbutrin I can relate to the numbness. It's kinda like a bizarre perma-trip after taking phsycotropics long enough. I look forward to a time I won't need them, but for now still help. Happy growing!

Thanks for sharing that man and I'm glad to hear you've found some solace. It wasn't until last year that I started addressing my depression and anxiety so I can relate to a lot of what you said. Started with Prozac, which I can tell you was two of the worst experiences in my life (getting used to it and coming off). Then to Wellbutrin and Adderall.

The only constant I could rely on for relief however was cannabis. The worst part for me was the monotony of doctors saying, "and it should be about 4-6 weeks before you start to see therapeutic benefits." What your telling me I'm going to feel like this for at least another month??? If I didn't have something for the acute symptoms I don't know what I would've done (especially since drinking is impossible on them).

Still being on Wellbutrin I can relate to the numbness. It's kinda like a bizarre perma-trip after taking phsycotropics long enough. I look forward to a time I won't need them, but for now still help. Happy growing!

Thanks Tokem0n! Yes, I think some of those numbing effects never truly go away. It's just so sad to me that a lot of people that really need it, don't have legal access to this wonderful medicine. I still have my bad days with depression, but MJ always take the edge off and helps me to think clearly and rationalize my feelings. Happy growing to you as well, my friend!

Back
Top Bottom