First Indoor 200-250W CFL With Auto Dark Devils

Yours are way bigger than mine! I am falling behind! They are looking wonderful!
Thanks king bert! Had a little accident this afternoon though!
It's a scorcher today, over 40 in the shed... the light was about due to come on which would have pushed the temps too high.
So i moved them into the house under a clothes horse, and was about to hang the cfls when the side collapsed on them.
One had a fan leaf break off completely and damaged a bit on the side, but I've put it back in place held by some wire, so I'm hoping it heals.
The other was unscathed.

I might wait another couple of days to lst now to let the healing take place.

20180214_172035.jpg
20180214_171933.jpg
20180214_171927.jpg
20180214_171853.jpg

Looking good so far! I made that mistake at the beginning of my grow and my plants did a bunch of weird shit. So after talking to my local hydro store I just fed them PHed water for about 2 weeks and now there looking better. So I was just over doing the nuts.so I would just keep it simple for now until your plants need it..

Thanks king bert! Had a little accident this afternoon though!
It's a scorcher today, over 40 in the shed... the light was about due to come on which would have pushed the temps too high.
So i moved them into the house under a clothes horse, and was about to hang the cfls when the side collapsed on them.
One had a fan leaf break off completely and damaged a bit on the side, but I've put it back in place held by some wire, so I'm hoping it heals.
The other was unscathed.

I might wait another couple of days to lst now to let the healing take place.

The plant should do well. I snapped a branch off the other day and put it back in place with a splint and then sealed it with wood glue. It healed up within a couple days and has taken off.

Ok cool, good to know!

I checked in this morning, the single leaf is cactus.. but i doubt it was getting much light under there anyway. I've spun it around so the open side is now facing the light, then ill bend it over in a day or two.
Ive started pulling the other one over to see how it goes.
Wil probably water this afternoon as the pots feel very light now.

There's also a nice odour coming off them already!

Quick update:

Day 16

Watered both girls with 1l each yesterday and gave them their first taste of 1/2 strength nutrients.

I've also started LST and hope im doing it right.

Not a whole lot else going on right now, hope everyone is well!

Looking good. The LST looks good. Basically what you are doing with LST is to pull the shoots away from the center to allow the new shoots to be exposed to the light and grow.

When you get to the new shoots go gently as they are very tender but will respond to tender LST.

Day 18

I'm going to give them names to save confusion. I'm going to go really imaginative here and call them Lefty and Righty .

Righty is the one that suffered the clothes horse chop and got a little damaged aboutva week ago.

So lefty is looking great, so many new tops, the lst is working fantastically. I've unrestrained her for the night, and will readjust tomorrow.

Righty is getting there, but is still rocking one main top with a few smaller ones trying to start up. I readjusted the wire and have the tip more horizontal now, so hopefully this helps.

Both have reacted well to their first nutes and show no sign of stress that i can see.

Wooo a Dark Devil Auto grow. And an Aussie grow. Hope you don't mind if I follow along. Those are super healthy looking already and come flower time they should look gorgeous. Love the look of the DDA in flower.

Welcome aboard Nightmask! Im hoping mine get that amazing colouring I've seen in other photos. Thanks for the kind words.

I gave the girls a drink two nights ago. 2 mls of Canna Bio Vega in 2L of water, and both got around 2L although Lefty was a fair bit dryer than Righty. Definitely a result of the broken leaves early on as you can clearly see the size difference. Might up the dose a tad next watering as i'm using less than half recommended dose.

Not much going on tonight, just did some mild lst on Lefty, and left Righty as is. She is finally catching up and has a few new tops forming. I've added some small 24w CFLs to the sides to supplement the 200w in the centre (which is only pulling 170w from the wall I've since found out). Hoping the Quantum Board turns up before flowering initiates.

Morning peeps!

Day 24

Fed them both two days ago with around 2L each, and upped the Canna Vega to 3ml. Still less than the normal feeding schedule suggests (4-5ml).

Removed a couple of fan leaves from Righty as they were blocking bud sites. Adjusted lst on both. Lefty also has some pistils showing!

Anyone had thoughts on when to switch to the 2700k flowering globe? Im guessing a week or two yet.

No other real observations. Have a great day everyone.

Alright, we have an issue.

Plants have been looking a bit off lately and i thought it was due to low temps. It got down to 13 degrees last night and was 20 in the tent, where it has been around 25-30 pretty much the whole time. It's been warm today though, and they still look the same if not worse.

The leaves have started looking very droopy and the newer small leaves are curling down. I gave them a good 2L of plain water 2 days ago and watered until runoff. I thought maybe I've over watered? The pots are slowly drying though, so not sure..

Also i've noticed the stems of the fan leaves are turning purple, as are some of the veins in the undersides of the leaves. This could be a genetic trait though as they are supposed to be purple plants.

Please take a look and let me know any thoughts. I am not giving any other nutrients other than Canna Bio Vega currently and even then i'm going super light.

The colours look different because i have changed to a 2700k globe, hence the yellow tone.

It could be over watering. Your doing the right thing. Feel the weight of the pot to help determine if they need water.

My plants droop like that at about 1 hour before bed time and during bedtimes but are perked back up after nap.

Thanks Troy01, i think you're right.

Righty feels significantly heavier than lefty and is the sadder looking of the two. When i moved the thermometer into the pot the humidity jumped to 70%. It was the biggest drenching ive given them so far as i read to water til runoff but i guess thats too much at this point.

Colours are still good, no marks on leaves to suggest nute problems so i guess ill wait it out and let them dry a bit. New lights coming today or tomorrow so ill put it up once they show signs of recovery. Comparing photos from this morning and two days ago, there is definitely a mild improvement. Lots of curling of new leaves still though.

Back
Top Bottom