Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

Well, I was expecting to harvest EuClonia today, but after looking at the trichomes closely this morning... still seeing some half-clear trichs... and not so much brown ones. So I'll keep monitoring her for a few days still.

20180202_084242_0.JPG

20180202_084200_0.jpg

20180202_083859_0.jpg

20180202_083841_0.jpg

BP

Hey BQ, yeah I know... I'm having a hard time making those decisions ;-)

After posting several trichome photos, I decided to do some more reading about when to harvest, again. Refreshed my thinking.

From what I understand, opaque trichomes are already a sign of degradation of THC. A mix of clear and opaque may be the best time for the most THC.
I was on a line of thinking that I wanted all opaque trichomes and least possible amber/brown trichomes.

But after rethinking it all, I decided it was "my" best time for harvest. Almost completely opaque, no amber to mention, etc.
You know, anywhere you read, they warn you so much against harvesting too early that you become a late-harvester by fear.

Also, it's only during the weekend I can harvest, so if I had waited, it would have pushed the plant another week into ripeness. Would have been too much.

BP

She produced well .

Lots of colas, but they are smallish except for a dozen of them. Good harvest anyhow, but I'm not sure I'd go for so many tops again.

On the other hand, BabyPhoria has much less tops, but they are so big and heavy I had to tie them. A bit scared of rot/molds.

But they are not the same pheno at all. EuClonia would have been better with less tops, and BabyPhoria would have been better with more smaller colas.

But one doesn't know in advance, unless one is growing the same strain from a mother and has gathered the required experience for an optimal grow strategy.

But it's all fun !

BP

Looks like i missed all the fun... congratulations man!! Nice harvest!!!!

I cant wait to harvest the other one, BabyPhoria... she's a monster. Colas are so full and heavy !

It will be fun to compare the yields in the end... One clone that already had a month of grow and a seedling that is a different pheno (much more sativa genes) of the same strain.

I hope it is the right "sativa" genes I got in there. I think in the Euphoria strain, there are two main sativas crossings... Cannalope haze and Juanita de Lagrimosa.
Juanita de Lagrimosa is a mainly CBD strain, so if this is the dominant genotype, I'd have a high CBD low THC stock. If it's the other way around, I'll have a more sativa, less CBD and more potent stock.

I'm planning on trying to re-veg this plant, IF she gives a good high. She definitely grows BIG buds.
I should harvest one bud soon to do a smoke test ;-)

BP

I'm loosing a bunch of leaves everyday on BabyPhoria.

What worries me a bit is that many leaves dont even get yellow much, they just die and fall off.

20180204_091738_2.JPG

I think BabyP has at least a week (or two) to go. She still has many leaves, but loosing those at a very fast rate.

I have progressively reduced the nutes to 50% (50% on last watering) slowly preparing to water with plain water.

Maybe this is the problem ? Should I re-introduce more nutes ? Water less/more ?

Advises welcome.
BP

During the last weeks... I reduced the bloom ferts from 25ml to 20...15 and 10ml on the last watering.
If I had to guess... I'd say I should go back to 20ml on next watering, since it all go out of hand after reducing nutes.

Plant needed water every 3 days for a long while, but seemed less thirsty the last time, so she went for 4 days, and was then quite dry.
Today she's a 3 days, and seem not quite dry enough... But if she needs nutes badly, I should probably water her today with 20ml nutes.

If I get no advise from y'all, that's what I'll do.
Thanks,
BP

Sometimes i clip leaves and other times i let the plants consume all that extra food and water. If those dying leaves aren't causing issues for the rest of the plant you can leave them on a day or two extra to let her have the rest. Of course there are other factors that can lead to leaves dying but those clippings look pretty healthy otherwise. Just what ive read about dying leaves during flower.

I hope the reveg works ive only tried it once, maybe time to give it a go again. I goota real nice CBD Strain id like to see go again!

So on the 4th of February I watered with 20ml, like I said I would. There was less leaves falling on their own in the last few days.

I'm tempted to continue watering with same dosage (today), but at the same time the plant is approaching harvest. Maybe a week...
Strangely the tops are less ripe than a few inches lower. Probably new pistils coming out. There's at least one cola that is "crowning" and growing new calyxes.
I think I'll harvest next Friday... She drinks every 4 days now... so she'd have this watering, another in 4 days, and that's about it.
I should reduce the nutes then... I'll go 3/4 dose for today.

Here's a trichome shot :

20180208_120527_1.JPG

Health update : It seems my wife has COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). She's very prone to intense and prolonged coughing after getting a simple cold. We "Vape" our medicine, but still it makes her cough, so she should stop inhaling altogether. I too find it gives somewhat of a sore throat, even on the lowest temp setting. I'm going to make edibles (cannabutter). I'll probably suspend any growing activity for now, andd see if i succeed in making butter, and if we like that.

All this makes me rethink growing, and if i still grow, what strain(s) would be best for that.

BP

Health update : It seems my wife has COPD (Chronic Obstructive Pulmonary Disease). She's very prone to intense and prolonged coughing after getting a simple cold. We "Vape" our medicine, but still it makes her cough, so she should stop inhaling altogether. I too find it gives somewhat of a sore throat, even on the lowest temp setting. I'm going to make edibles (cannabutter). I'll probably suspend any growing activity for now, andd see if i succeed in making butter, and if we like that.

BP

Blue, definitely make some edibles. I've found out that I might prefer edibles. I made some hash out of the last batch, but it smokes pretty harsh...very expando in the lungs, so I can't smoke it. And I get just too high off smoking the buds. But I made some cannabutter out of the stuff leftover from the hash making. Then I made a batch of caramels from the cannabutter. I've found that one caramel is the perfect dose for me. It comes on slowly, lasts a long time, and is a very gentle and trippy high. And no more coughing from the smoke. AND they taste great!

Hey MF, thanks for paying me a visit !

Thanks for sharing. I'm actually in the middle of making canna-butter today.

Clarified butter, more specifically :
- I decarbed 1/2 oz of buds at 240 in the oven for ~ 1h.
- After cooling, I sprayed some 94% alcohol to help break the cellulose.
- I clarified a pound of butter.
- I mixed it all, and also added "already vaped" weed i've been collecting. Since vaping doesn't extract all the THC, it should disolve in the butter.
- The mix is now in the slow cooker (crock-pot) for 6 hours.

The pound of butter gave me about 8oz of clarified butter, witch is the quantity the recipe calls for.

I didn't plan on making edibles with the butter... but caramels is a great idea !
I'll just start with a measuring spoon (prob 2.5ml or less for testing at first) and spread it on bread or cracker. We'll see of that goes. I'll be the tester on that, cause the wife is scared ;-) I am too, frankly, ahaha !

Clarified butter can be kept a long time, but I'll freeze most of it anyway and keep a small batch in the refrigerator.

YEAH, I think I'll like using the butter. The only downsides are maybe the time to take effect, and dosage. I loved vaping, because you can sip a little at a time... stop when your feeling borderline too-stoned, or take a bit more until satisfied.

What's your method for your cannabutter ?

BP

Here's my first ever batch of canna-butter :

20180210_132723_2.jpg

I got 225ml (7,6 oz) from a pound of butter.
A pound of butter (~16 oz), once clarified should give ~10 oz clarified butter, but my technique will improve, it was my first time.

I put 14 grams (1/2oz) of de-carboxylated buds in there, plus half the already-vaped weed I had accumulated. I went easy because I have NO IDEA how potent this vaped weed is. What I know is when vaped once more at that point, it's still potent buts tastes like shit and is hard on the lungs, so we never vape it completely.

I'm a bit scared of testing the butter, so I'll go extremely low dosage at first. I have a cold and dont feel too well, so testing will have to wait a few days at least.

A little unscientific MATH :

~16 grams into 225ml of butter... gives 1 gram per 15ml. I wouldn't smoke a gram, maybe I would do 1/10th of a gram... 1/10 x 15ml = 1.5ml.

Another method... 16 grams is 16,000 milligrams. If the strains has 10% THC, that's 1600 milligrams THC.

A common serving size is 10mg THC. Let's say I'd want 5mg... 225ml / 1600 * 5 ==> 0.7 ml of butter for 5mg THC.
The smallest measuring spoon I have is a 1/8 tsp (0.625ml), and that's about just right ;-)

BP

Hey MF, thanks for paying me a visit !

Thanks for sharing. I'm actually in the middle of making canna-butter today.

Clarified butter, more specifically :
- I decarbed 1/2 oz of buds at 240 in the oven for ~ 1h.
- After cooling, I sprayed some 94% alcohol to help break the cellulose.
- I clarified a pound of butter.
- I mixed it all, and also added "already vaped" weed i've been collecting. Since vaping doesn't extract all the THC, it should disolve in the butter.
- The mix is now in the slow cooker (crock-pot) for 6 hours.

The pound of butter gave me about 8oz of clarified butter, witch is the quantity the recipe calls for.

I didn't plan on making edibles with the butter... but caramels is a great idea !
I'll just start with a measuring spoon (prob 2.5ml or less for testing at first) and spread it on bread or cracker. We'll see of that goes. I'll be the tester on that, cause the wife is scared ;-) I am too, frankly, ahaha !

Clarified butter can be kept a long time, but I'll freeze most of it anyway and keep a small batch in the refrigerator.

YEAH, I think I'll like using the butter. The only downsides are maybe the time to take effect, and dosage. I loved vaping, because you can sip a little at a time... stop when your feeling borderline too-stoned, or take a bit more until satisfied.

What's your method for your cannabutter ?

BP

Definitely wise to go easy until you know how strong it is. My wife and I both had some brownies once that were more than we could handle.

My cannabutter recipe was pretty simple. I used all the pot that was leftover from hash making. I started making hash with over 5 oz. of bud. It gets pretty beat up making hash out of it and it's soaking wet and full of ice. I drained it, pulled out as much ice as I could. and put it in a large pot with a pound of butter. Got it to a low simmer and just let it go for a couple hours. Then I used an old T-shirt to wring out the liquid while it was still pretty hot. I got a lot of butter back. I used a 1/2 cup for the caramel recipe then had at least a full cup leftover. I eventually threw the leftover away, but I wish I would have cooked up a couple more batches of caramels, or brownies or something.

I've got my soil composting for the next run. Hopefully i'll get it started in about a month.

I use an ounce of trim to a pound of butter. My brownies are pretty stoney. Eat one, smoke a bowl and 4 hours later still baked. Not high, baked!

I'm sure going for the "baked" stone/high is quite easy ! Unfortunately, that's not what I go for (anymore). I wasted my youth being baked... that's another thread !
Same thing when I drink. I dont like to be drunk, but I like to be a little intoxicated but functional. Same with weed, and I usually mix the two with moderation.

I like to be "on top" of my intoxication, and I hate been overwhelmed and wishing the high will mellow soon because it's too much.
(and 4-6 hours on edibles is like a WHOLE f±@£¢ day !)

I will always be pretty happy being "under-intoxicated" versus "over-intoxicated".

Maybe I'm like the guy who's having sex with a condom...
Some would think its sad, but in fact he's a lucky sob compared to the guy who's not having sex at all ;-)

Back
Top Bottom