Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

Definitely wise to go easy until you know how strong it is. My wife and I both had some brownies once that were more than we could handle.

My cannabutter recipe was pretty simple. I used all the pot that was leftover from hash making. I started making hash with over 5 oz. of bud. It gets pretty beat up making hash out of it and it's soaking wet and full of ice. I drained it, pulled out as much ice as I could. and put it in a large pot with a pound of butter. Got it to a low simmer and just let it go for a couple hours. Then I used an old T-shirt to wring out the liquid while it was still pretty hot. I got a lot of butter back. I used a 1/2 cup for the caramel recipe then had at least a full cup leftover. I eventually threw the leftover away, but I wish I would have cooked up a couple more batches of caramels, or brownies or something.

I've got my soil composting for the next run. Hopefully i'll get it started in about a month.

I think skipping the decarb step (before making Cbutter) wastes like 50% the THC... but maybe not so much.
But then, if the butter is used in a recipe (i.e. caramel) it is heated a second time, so there's probably some more decarb happening there too.
But when I read blogs or interviews from pro edibles makers, they all go thru a decarb process. It's probably best; so short and easy... why not.

Next run in a month ? Good for u !

I figured I liked growing more in the winter. I need to ADD some humidity to the room instead of using costly and inefficient de-humidifier in the summer. It went very very well compared to what I was expecting.

I was preparing to order some seeds, upgrade my setup (auto-drip in coco), and start another grow asap before spring.
But since I have a lot of weed, since we prob wont smoke much anymore, and not sure if we'll like edibles (and how the Euphoria strain will be in edibles), etc..
Maybe I'll also make some butter out of the Blueberry I already have and see how that high goes.

So I decided to put growing new strains on hold and I'll try to re-veg BabyPhoria after harvest. I don't know her stone/high yet... maybe she's not worth it, but she grew crazy big and I liked that. I'm also trying to reveg EuClonia for fun in the meanwhile.

That will keep me busy for a while, I'll decide later if I want to grow new strains, etc. But I definitely prefer to do other things during the summer, and not be "tied" to the house and the plants...

BP

I think skipping the decarb step (before making Cbutter) wastes like 50% the THC... but maybe not so much.
But then, if the butter is used in a recipe (i.e. caramel) it is heated a second time, so there's probably some more decarb happening there too.
But when I read blogs or interviews from pro edibles makers, they all go thru a decarb process. It's probably best; so short and easy... why not.

I tried doing the decarb step in a previous cannabutter recipe. It kinda seemed unnecessary, but I don't know for sure. In that instance, I used the butter for making brownies. They were much different than the caramels. The brownies were like sleeping pills. As soon as you would start feeling the THC, you'd get really sleepy. I started using them just to go to sleep! Which isn't a bad thing, just different. The caramels didn't have a sleep effect at all, almost the opposite. So, not sure if it was the decarb that was the difference, but seeing as the caramels came out great without that step, I'll be inclined to skip it.

I figured I liked growing more in the winter. I need to ADD some humidity to the room instead of using costly and inefficient de-humidifier in the summer. It went very very well compared to what I was expecting.

One advantage I found to winter growing was that I can use the exhaust from the tent to heat my basement! I just exhaust to the room until the basement starts getting too warm, then hook it up to the flange on the window to exhaust outside. With the carbon filter, there's no odor.

I was preparing to order some seeds, upgrade my setup (auto-drip in coco), and start another grow asap before spring.
But since I have a lot of weed, since we prob wont smoke much anymore, and not sure if we'll like edibles (and how the Euphoria strain will be in edibles), etc..
Maybe I'll also make some butter out of the Blueberry I already have and see how that high goes.

So I decided to put growing new strains on hold and I'll try to re-veg BabyPhoria after harvest. I don't know her stone/high yet... maybe she's not worth it, but she grew crazy big and I liked that. I'm also trying to reveg EuClonia for fun in the meanwhile.

That will keep me busy for a while, I'll decide later if I want to grow new strains, etc. But I definitely prefer to do other things during the summer, and not be "tied" to the house and the plants...

BP

Hope your reveg attempts work out. If nothing else, sounds like a fun experiment. I know what you mean about being tied to the grow room. It's hard to get away for a summer vacation. Myself, I'm searching around for some really potent strain, like the one's Pennywise grows. My wife has a high tolerance. I want to find something that'll put her down for the count!

I tried doing the decarb step in a previous cannabutter recipe. It kinda seemed unnecessary, but I don't know for sure. In that instance, I used the butter for making brownies. They were much different than the caramels. The brownies were like sleeping pills. As soon as you would start feeling the THC, you'd get really sleepy. I started using them just to go to sleep! Which isn't a bad thing, just different. The caramels didn't have a sleep effect at all, almost the opposite. So, not sure if it was the decarb that was the difference, but seeing as the caramels came out great without that step, I'll be inclined to skip it.

You may find this site interesting : Why You Shouldn't Take Cannabis Edibles on an Empty Stomach
I found particularly interesting the relation between empty-stomach = low absorption of CBD.
In your case, you probably prefer on an empty stomach.

Decarb... The activation temperature for THC is lower than many other cannabinoids, so it makes sense that if the THC is heated too high or too much, one may lose the THC and be left with mainly other less interesting cannabinoids. The other way around, under-decarbed weed may not express full THC potential but also may not activate other less desired cannabinoids, and get a more up-high ? hmm... sounds like we need to experiment.

One advantage I found to winter growing was that I can use the exhaust from the tent to heat my basement! I just exhaust to the room until the basement starts getting too warm, then hook it up to the flange on the window to exhaust outside. With the carbon filter, there's no odor.

I generate almost no heat in the grow room, so it's pretty cool. But Its real dry next to my heater room, so I refill 2 humidifiers twice per day... It's the only downside ;-)

Hope your reveg attempts work out. If nothing else, sounds like a fun experiment. I know what you mean about being tied to the grow room. It's hard to get away for a summer vacation. Myself, I'm searching around for some really potent strain, like the one's Pennywise grows. My wife has a high tolerance. I want to find something that'll put her down for the count!

I read several times that edibles can give a more body stone than smoked. Sativas(or dominants) may be the way to go for edibles.

Wife :
I read also that smoking-tolerance is different than edible-tolerance (due to the fact that THC is transformed in another form, 11-OH-THC ).
Of course, a daily-smoker has more tolerance to edibles than an irregular-smoker, but nonetheless... Your wife may get higher on edibles for a while, and if cutting back on smoking intermittently (little T-Breaks), she may loose some tolerance.

Research shows that tolerance begins to diminish after 2 days, so even small breaks may be good.
But it takes like 1-2 months to get where a non-smoker is.

Yeah, put her down for the whole summer, so you can take a vacation and a break from growing ;-)

BP

An interesting Canna-butter experiment, using 4 different techniques...

I put 4 links, because their links on their page dont work well.

My most recent method was the water simmered method. I wonder though...with the high level of THCa, will the THCa convert further to THC while baking at 350 or candy making at 247?

Maybe a Landrace Sativa would make a believer out of your wife.

:thumb:

I've been looking at Acapulco Gold and Thai - bring back the 70's! Also GSC.

I'm not sure if I have the headspace for pure sativa. Don't they stretch like crazy? Is there a particular strain you would recommend?

My most recent method was the water simmered method. I wonder though...with the high level of THCa, will the THCa convert further to THC while baking at 350 or candy making at 247?

Depending on kind of food...
- Brownies cooked at 350 wont get past 220 degrees inside, and will stay moist... they'll gett hotter if cooked too long and dry out.
- Candy or caramel imo will get hotter throughout and thus continue to decarb the THC
- Cooking duration is a factor too

I'm not sure if I have the headspace for pure sativa. Don't they stretch like crazy? Is there a particular strain you would recommend?

I've been looking at RQS Haze-Berry... Its in fact the same thing as the well known BlueDream I think.
==> 80% sativa, wont grow too high,
==> Height Indoor: 60 - 100 cm
==> good yield, very potent

It's a cross between two well established and appreciated strains, Blueberry and Shining silver haze.

I believe Durban Poison stays manageable as will Chemdogs and diesels. Chem '91 crosses are Sativa leaners as is the diesels.

BabyPhoria harvest !!! 11 big F@± colas ;-)

20180216_104114_0.JPG

More photos later...
BP

Baby-Reveg : an experiment.

She has still lots of nice leaves at the bottom, so my hopes are up for a successful re-veg (regeneration).

20180217_111929_1.JPG

I would have named her re-Phoria, but... the pheno is so different from Euphoria.

After writing to RQS seeds, they answered that this particular pheno is more Juanita la Lagrimosa/Royal Medic.
Royal Medic is herself from Critical x Juanita. Critical is renowned for her big fruits (that was definitely the case).
The smell and the taste of the smoke is supposed to resemble hashish, and that is absolutely the case too !
Sa 75% In 25% ==> That's why BabyPhoria took 67 days flowering + 7 days pre-flowering before harvest.

Euphoria is a cross of Royal Medic and Shark Shock, so my pheno must have lost the 80% indica SharkShock heritage (black widow+skunk).

I think her name will be : re-Medy.

BP

Baby-Reveg : an experiment.

She has still lots of nice leaves at the bottom, so my hopes are up for a successful re-veg (regeneration).

20180217_111929_1.JPG

I would have named her re-Phoria, but... the pheno is so different from Euphoria.

After writing to RQS seeds, they answered that this particular pheno is more Juanita la Lagrimosa/Royal Medic.
Royal Medic is herself from Critical x Juanita. Critical is renowned for her big fruits (that was definitely the case).
The smell and the taste of the smoke is supposed to resemble hashish, and that is absolutely the case too !
Sa 75% In 25% ==> That's why BabyPhoria took 67 days flowering + 7 days pre-flowering before harvest.

Euphoria is a cross of Royal Medic and Shark Shock, so my pheno must have lost the 80% indica SharkShock heritage (black widow+skunk).

I think her name will be : re-Medy.

BP
I'm guessing u havent revegged a plant before. Yes she will come back no problems under 24 7 light . But one of those lil vines will create a bush. U are getting ready to unleash an evil angry plant lol. Bottom line shes gonna have thousands of reveg vines that will be a hellish adventure lol. Look at my threads of the lil vines I had when I started brother. In the pic is one of my reveg. That's 21 days into veg
3b32c90c0a5058c48223acec9d63ab82.jpg
6f335617fb42622524c4a03f4b50f2e1.jpg

I'm guessing u havent revegged a plant before. Yes she will come back no problems under 24 7 light . But one of those lil vines will create a bush. U are getting ready to unleash an evil angry plant lol. Bottom line shes gonna have thousands of reveg vines that will be a hellish adventure lol. Look at my threads of the lil vines I had when I started brother. In the pic is one of my reveg. That's 21 days into veg

Thanks daggersstrain,

Would you recommend cutting all the small buds and try to leave only leaf material ? Any other suggestions ?
Thanks,
BP

Thanks daggersstrain,

Would you recommend cutting all the small buds and try to leave only leaf material ? Any other suggestions ?
Thanks,
BP
Well u can cut the tops off but it won't make to much a difference. Actually it will stunt the growth. make it longer to recover. Let me see if I can see your plant in the thread yet .

Back
Top Bottom