Euphoria - RQS - CFL - Soil - Second Grow

More (20%) than normal veg nutes. Maybe more next watering. She's growing very aggressively.

I'd flip a.s.a.p., but my clone didn't root yet, and I have only one room...
If the clone doesn't show roots in a few days, I'll try another one.

re-Medy will have a huge strech when flipped... maybe I'll have a vertical space problem. I'll wait a few weeks for bloom nutes and keep her on "blue" lights to minimize stretch a little.
BP

Hello all !

I'm so sorry it's been such a long while... Been sick and busy, and sick and busy.
I had 10 viruses (2 x influenzas) since september. Tough tough winter.
I'm good now !

re_Medy (Royal medic pheno from Euphoria seed that was Re-VEGged)

Well... to answer your questions (and mine that I first had)...
- Is it worth it to re-veg ? see photos...
- Ss it long to re-veg ? 1 month after harvest, she was bigger than any other plant I had from seed.
- Is the soil no-goos after one grow ? Not if contains compost and if microbial life is still going.
- Is it root-bound ? Not if using air-pot or soft-pot or air-pruning-pot or "franken-pot" ;-)

On the photos, she's drooping a bit, it was just before watering.
She drinks often and she suffered a few very dry runs... my negligence.

I have almost put no work on that plant. Let her grow pretty much how she wanted.
NO LST training. A bit of super-cropping here and there to manage the tops that wanted to race to the top.

I had to remove (in one session!!!) about 25-30% of all tops, because shes was growing a million of small ones everywhere, and it was a very tight forest, with no air to pass thru. She didn't suffer at all. Still shes an unruly tree ;-)

I really put the least effort I could on that plant. I was bored with growing...

Oh, BTW, I DID try to take some clones (like some suggested instead of re-veg the whole plant) a few times, but I NEVER could get one to make roots and they all died. And I had 100% success in rooting clones in the past... so, whatever.

Cheers !

Oh, some tech data :

- She's on day 34 of flowering schedule (about 28 days flowering)
- I used ONLY 8 CFLS... incredible.
- All daylights (6500k)
- Grow light schedule : 20/24
- Flowering light schedule : 13/11 (13 hours of light, 11 hours of darkness)

The light coverage is about 50% of the area (center) of the plant. Dont have the energy to change light setup...

Gardening...
For the first time, I started some vegetables (april 1st) from seed.

I have Salads, Romain salads, peppers, Kale, groundcherries, etc.

Growing well... here's a couple of photos (I have more plants than that btw.)

Peace

Re-Medy looks awesome! The plant dwarfs the size of the bucket, and I know that's a good sized bucket. Looks like you'll get a good harvest off that.

Please keep posting....I'd like to following this to the end.

I may try re-vegging this time around. My only reservations are that I'll be gone for about a week about a month after I harvest. You mentioned she drinks a lot. Think it'd survive a week?

Re-Medy looks awesome! The plant dwarfs the size of the bucket, and I know that's a good sized bucket. Looks like you'll get a good harvest off that.

Please keep posting....I'd like to following this to the end.

I may try re-vegging this time around. My only reservations are that I'll be gone for about a week about a month after I harvest. You mentioned she drinks a lot. Think it'd survive a week?

Thanks MF, yes you are right... it's a big pot and the plant is huge (for a 8-cfl plant anyway).

Well... 1 month after harvest, the plant still wont be "that" thirsty... Mine was watered every 4-5 days then.

But It really depends on the pot size.
Here are my ideas to go free for a week :
- Planning ahead on transferring the plant to a bigger pot (with more soil) at that point could keep the soil moist enough to leave for a week.
- Use a (tested) homemade very-slow-dripper that would "add" a little bit of water and keep the soil moist for a longer run.
- If using a smart-pot : wrap the pot to keep the moisture in (plastic wrap) ?
- Use an aquarium pump programmed to water for a short period once during that week. It'll be reusable for all your watering needs. I did a lot of research on that... so if you'd like some tips on what to buy, etc.

But it defenitely is a WASTE of a good plant to harvest it and toss it away. And in my case it was already in its final pot and soil... witch is great !

BP

This is the adjustable pump I wanted to buy... to automate the watering process.

This timer seemed the best for me (programmable with short "on" periods programmable in seconds) :

My idea was to make a round loop of tubing with holes in it, resting on top of the soil around the plant.
Using a tee like this :

For testing : power the water pump and test for adequate slow-ish flow, and note in how many seconds/minutes the plant will be watered (water coming thru at the bottom). Once that is established... you can depend on a proper watering on the schedule you want. If using a good size reservoir with pre-mixed nutes, it can be used for your day-to-day watering needs.

You have to plan for excess water to fall into a container. The plant shouldn't rest in standing water...

BP

Hope all is well in your world.

Thanks for sharing this grow with us.

Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too.

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

Have you started a new grow you would like to share with us?

If so, please feel free to start a new journal here: Journals in Progress

You can use the Report feature found at the bottom left of every post and we'll move it for you right away.

Sending you lots of love and positive energy.

:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom