First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

Happy healthy seedlings! The Gh trio is supposed to work good for hydro lots of people use it with great success I never have but I think you will do great with it.
Do you have a fan moving air around in the room the seedlings are in? It will help to strengthen the stock.
Thanks, and no fan at the moment, due to limited space these are in different areas of the house, but come Monday they'll be in the same grow area with a fan. Currently just bopping them back and forth with my finger a few times to move the stem.

Happy growing!

Ashburn hasn't shown her second set of leaves yet, I've lowered the light to 9" hoping she'll show her 2nd set soon.

20190914_103732.jpg

20190914_103828.jpg

Mullins although shorter and older has started to stretch very slowly but has her 2nd set of leaves.

20190914_103921.jpg

Her roots are healthy, here's a shot post dunk feed.

20190914_103936.jpg

I'll see how she is in a few days to determine when she'll go into the netpot.

Happy growing!

After I get to work my son texted me that he accidentally flipped my NL auto right out of the tray!

Looks ok, a little bent.

received_535948670509825.jpeg

He bent the roots but none look broken.

received_362819954607333.jpg

I think she'll be ok

Happy growing!

So, due to some issues with my planning with the tent I don't want to run my photos in it, they spent 1 night and day in it then I moved them back to the grow closet.
That means Ashburn and Mullins get to use the tent since they are only using full spectrum led daylight bulbs in brooder lamps they don't produce high temps and humidity and being autos light leak isn't an issue. They get a good fan and their own adjustable light.
I'm still a few days or a week from plugging Mullins into the netpot and bucket.

20190915_225111_HDR.jpg

Happy growing!

Ashburn is doing well, 2nd set had grown and she's been swaying in the breeze of the fan, she's been fed light nutes twice a day.

20190919_165115.jpg
20190919_165113.jpg

Mullins' roots have survived Saturday's acrobatics and has multiplied but in my opinion has stalled at that length, I believe due to air pruining because she is also swaying under the fan, so I have decided today to plug her into her netpot and bucket.
Up to this day she has been feed light nutes by dunking her in a cup about a quarter inch then hung up to drain, I like this method over top feeding rockwool.

Now on with the show, she's in 16 litres or 4.2 gallons of water with 1/4 strength Floramicro and Floragro ph to 6.34.
My ppm pen was supposed to be delivered today but now delayed until tomorrow or Monday at the latest.

20190919_164550.jpg

She sits on a few inches of hydrotron and the bubbles are just lightly coming through.

20190919_165016.jpg
20190919_165010.jpg

I filled the rest of the netpot up and over the rockwool cube to help block out light.

Happy growing!

Looks great and the moment we have all been waiting for Mullins is in the net pot!
Now a few questions lol.
How long was Mullins in the rockwool before you put her in the net pot?
Are those the large hydroton or the smaller one's?
What size net pot is that?
What size air stone are you using?
Sorry to bombard you with questions I'm in the process of gathering my gear for my Dwc grow.

Looks great and the moment we have all been waiting for Mullins is in the net pot!
Now a few questions lol.
How long was Mullins in the rockwool before you put her in the net pot?
Are those the large hydroton or the smaller one's?
What size net pot is that?
What size air stone are you using?
Sorry to bombard you with questions I'm in the process of gathering my gear for my Dwc grow.
Thanks, it's been 15 days in rockwool, the hydrotron balls are the 15-25 mm ones, and the top hat is a 6" netpot. The stone is just labeled as large, it's probably about 7" long and 3" wide with a 85 l/ph air pump, I think I may get a larger one for a 5 gallon bucket, it seems ok but personally I think it could generate more bubbles.
I'm anxious to see what kind of growth happens here in dwc, I'm liking the process so far!

Now we're off to the races, so on with the show!

Happy growing!

12:50 am and we're smack dab in the middle of our first real autumn wind storm, our power has blinked off twice so far, but I think Mullins will be ok if the electricity gets knocked out because her roots haven't hit the water table yet in the bucket.

Three days in and what a difference already!

Ashburn and Mullins.

20190922_131607_HDR.jpg

Ashburn

20190922_131617.jpg

She's still a bit leggy and was feeling top heavy this morning, both are swaying under a fan so they can strengthen their stalks!

Mullins

20190922_131626.jpg

I don't see any roots out of the bottom of the netpot yet. I sure hope my ppm pen arrives tomorrow so I can track what's going on in the res.

Happy growing.

Ashburn and Mullins update.

These updates will come quickly because these girls want to take off!

Top view.

20190923_233848.jpg
20190923_233839.jpg

Side view

20190923_234012_HDR.jpg

20190923_234006.jpg

Ashburn gets fed twice a day.

Mullins roots haven't come out of the netpot yet!

Happy growing!

All caught up Canuckush. This should be good fun seeing the comparison between coco and dwc.
Thanks for joining Lew, I'm excited about the comparison too, initially it was just supposed to be dwc but here we are.

Happy growing!

They are growing quickly happy healthy ladies Nice Work.
Yes they are, the speed amazes me, as a first time with auto's its exciting!

Plants are looking great buddy!
Thank you! I'm truely amazed how quickly they grow, I may stick with auto's after my next 2 photo runs!
Chomping at the bit to get those started too!
I have to finish these and the dp clones first.

:morenutes:

Happy growing!

Mullins update!

We have a root at the water line! I'm so stoked about how this will take off once it hits!

20190924_163814.jpg

Well it's probably getting splashed already!

20190924_164236.jpg

On with the show!

Happy growing!

Back
Top Bottom