First Time Auto, First Time DWC, Northern Lights

Morning Canakush, a nice rainy Monday on the East Coast. Over all your two are looking great. I think the upper roots on Mullons is due to the easy access to nutes close to the stem base, she is taking full advantage of that. As for the weird curl on Ashburns leaves, I would think a ph spike but it looks pretty sever so not to sure. Definataly want to keep a close eye on that one.

:thumb:

Morning Canakush, a nice rainy Monday on the East Coast. Over all your two are looking great. I think the upper roots on Mullons is due to the easy access to nutes close to the stem base, she is taking full advantage of that. As for the weird curl on Ashburns leaves, I would think a ph spike but it looks pretty sever so not to sure. Definataly want to keep a close eye on that one.

:thumb:
Ok, thanks, I will for sure.
The rain has finally let up here on the west coast, it's been a typical October, deluge weather!

Happy growing!

I get stem roots at this stage every grow. They are partly there to provide more support for the plant as it gets larger. I hope that I’m not seeing the start of stem rot on Mullons. I am now super paranoid of it. Crosses fingers.

I get stem roots at this stage every grow. They are partly there to provide more support for the plant as it gets larger. I hope that I’m not seeing the start of stem rot on Mullons. I am now super paranoid of it. Crosses fingers.
Ah ok, all new to me regarding stem roots, good to know it's normal, I'll keep an eye on the stem rot. Thanks for the heads up!

So I have never had roots start growing twords the top of my hydroton layer.
I don't see the roots as an issue but may be an indicator of too high water level.

I try and keep a minimum 1" gap between my water level and the bottom of my netpot.
This is to keep my hydroton dry and avoid the dreaded root/stem rot.

Looking good though :morenutes:

So there's a chance that these are not auto's, seeing other NL autos and they are in full flower by this stage and harvested by 10 weeks. I'm 8 weeks from seed and still just showing preflowers, what a disappointment. The breeder advertised as an 8 weeks flowering strain, that doesn't seem to be the case here, I'll just let them go it's course and see how they turn out.

Not happily growing but on with the show none the less.

Ashburn's highest bud site is at 22.5"

20191104_224628.jpg

20191104_224745.jpg

Mullins' highest bud site is her main and it's at 26.5".

20191104_224752_HDR.jpg

20191104_224808.jpg

These girls are tall, just not auto's.

Were the seeds from one of the site sponsors? It is weird as they look healthy and it doesn't seem you've done anything drastically wrong. Let's see what they do next.
No from CKS here in BC and I bought a 5 pack, gave one to my brother to try and still have 2 beans left. It would be possible to get 1 photo bean from a pack, but 2? Growing exactly the same side by side in different mediums? My guess is wonky genetics.

No from CKS here in BC and I bought a 5 pack, gave one to my brother to try and still have 2 beans left. It would be possible to get 1 photo bean from a pack, but 2? Growing exactly the same side by side in different mediums? My guess is wonky genetics.
Yeah I'm no expert but I'm thinking the same. Get in touch with them and see if they'll send you some freebies. What lighting and schedule are you using?

Autos or not those are some healthy plants Canuckush!!:thumb:

Aloha

Yeah I'm no expert but I'm thinking the same. Get in touch with them and see if they'll send you some freebies. What lighting and schedule are you using?
Full spectrum daylight led's in brooder lamps on 18/6, the same lamps I started my DP clones in before I got the new lights. And these are replacement freebies because the original order got lost or stolen in the mail.

Autos or not those are some healthy plants Canuckush!!:thumb:

Aloha
Thanks SS, just disappointed because it is my first run of auto's and I really wanted to see how these grow naturally, I wanted to try some training on the others after I saw how well they stretched and flowered so I had an idea what training I could do. Oh well, I'm happy that my first grow with dwc is still alive.

Full spectrum daylight led's in brooder lamps on 18/6, the same lamps I started my DP clones in before I got the new lights. And these are replacement freebies because the original order got lost or stolen in the mail.
If there hasn't been much progress with the flowering in another week maybe it'll be worth trying them on 12/12. I've seen similar on here before. Might've been @falstaffo that had a auto/Not auto?

If there hasn't been much progress with the flowering in another week maybe it'll be worth trying them on 12/12. I've seen similar on here before. Might've been @falstaffo that had a auto/Not auto?
I'll definitely give that a try, thanks VS!

Ayupp
Auto phote freaks...
Startes flowering, bud sites all over, stalled, and started revegging, switch to 12/12 and fkowering commenced proper lol

They were bag seeds, from an auto grown the previous year that popped a coupla seeds..
So yeah any failed autos trrat like a photoP.
Cheers

Ayupp
Auto phote freaks...
Startes flowering, bud sites all over, stalled, and started revegging, switch to 12/12 and fkowering commenced proper lol

They were bag seeds, from an auto grown the previous year that popped a coupla seeds..
So yeah any failed autos trrat like a photoP.
Cheers
Nice one mate. Good to know my memory is working a little at least :laugh: :snowboating:

I no longer purchase CKS genetics. They have had problems with auto’s in the past. I also had a Purple Kush from them which ended up 10 feet tall and didn’t produce worth squat. It will be interesting to see what these plants will do.

I no longer purchase CKS genetics. They have had problems with auto’s in the past. I also had a Purple Kush from them which ended up 10 feet tall and didn’t produce worth squat. It will be interesting to see what these plants will do.
I'm seeing that here, I'm running out of space in the tent, I'll either take them out and set up a closet space to get more height or do an open room grow, my tent is 6' but the brooder lamps take up space too, I may have to change lights too.

Back
Top Bottom