I think we posted at the same time and I missed that longer one. Thanks!

It looks like the stuff in the drenches and sprays are primarily what I cook into the soil or add through a tea.

I even put some of my own compost in my tea to give it a double up once in a while.

I try to avoid the fish stuff.

I haven't used the copper sulfate. I will have to look that one up.

I wouldn't say years of scientific side by side soil experimentation on cannabis is stumbling onto something but thanks!

Hey DOC!!!!

I bookmarked your post above with the ingredients. If any more come to mind please let me know or post here. Next time I build a compost pile up I will definitely double check to see if I am missing anything else then the copper sulfate. Much Appreciated!

Measuring soil levels isn't hard right so I think I will measure my compost. Since that gets used in my tea once in a while...maybe I should do it more as it is full of the trace stuff....I mean I use other trace sources in the teas and not seemed to have an issue but maybe more is betterrrerrereere?

Anyway Thanks a ton...like seriously if that is all it is!!!!

I think I have a new set of plans to go make...

I have been PMing Zig about it. So I think I am finally getting somewhere. It is like this secret club and I can't find the door to knock.

:peace:

They are hiding from you....:shhh:

Doc,

Seriously, I think you are providing a good service. There is merit to your approach. I certainly do not fault anyone for using your kit.

This has been going on for a while now. If you did not go back a few pages, you may want to take a few minuets to skim through some of it to get a better feel of the conversation. I did not read any malice in it.

I stand by what I said before, "It is not my style." Besides, what would I do with all that stuff I bought?

Hopefully, none of us are going to run out of smoke any time soon.

Peace
canyon

Doc,

Seriously, I think you are providing a good service. There is merit to your approach. I certainly do not fault anyone for using your kit.

This has been going on for a while now. If you did not go back a few pages, you may want to take a few minuets to skim through some of it to get a better feel of the conversation. I did not read any malice in it.

I stand by what I said before, "It is not my style." Besides, what would I do with all that stuff I bought?

Hopefully, none of us are going to run out of smoke any time soon.

Peace
canyon

Peace indeed. Thanks!

Well of course there is no ill intent. :Namaste:

The issue for me is simple. I like to research for myself. :nomo: I normally do well. Out on the net there is a ton of info on HB for all sorts of plants. So I have been searching around here for ages looking and failing as I am an idiot ...that is just background.

This all started because it was recommended to Cmay to switch to HB from DWC for reasons unrelated to HB. So I thought I would take the opportunity to ask since I figured Duggan would just know.

I feel like HB deserves its own sub section somewhere. With stickies and such...would be great!

Well of course there is no ill intent. :Namaste:

The issue for me is simple. I like to research for myself. :nomo: I normally do well. Out on the net there is a ton of info on HB for all sorts of plants. So I have been searching around here for ages looking and failing as I am an idiot ...that is just background.

This all started because it was recommended to Cmay to switch to HB from DWC for reasons unrelated to HB. So I thought I would take the opportunity to ask since I figured Duggan would just know.

I feel like HB deserves its own sub section somewhere. With stickies and such...would be great!

There is a subsection of HIgh Brix! I should probably post there more, but I'm always on the journals. LOL.

Cmay...What is highly relevant to you is I have been converting people for a long time now who run various hydro methods to using the same Teas talked about above that I use in soils in their hydro setup to fix a whole host of issues and they are all converts who wont go back.

It took a long time for this guy to come around but his plants are looking really nice now. He ended up doing a different method called Drain to Waste before I could convert him but even in DTW he is seeing massive improvements and is all into making his own teas and running up the bacteria in this hydro now. He posts daily and is waiting your questions.

Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

This guy Spent a fortune trying everything he could before giving up and using my tea and he wont go back because it didn't just solve his problems but made his plants so much happier. He started chopping off all the roots and went back to the net pots on full grow plants and was about to throw it all out and in 24 hours all was fixed and in 48 hours he had a good root mass again.

Undercurrent RDWC With Compost Tea Grow - First Journal

What's the difference between a sterile rez and a beneficial rez?

:peace:

So here is a nice middle aged lady who failed for 2 years. I snagged her and had her start a journal so we could fix her disaster. She pulled off a few clones and started this journal.

The 10 Clones

At one point before the journal was started I think she dumped excess Tea from the disaster recovery project on some of the clones on one end. For the entire grow those clones stood out and were better then the rest even though down the line everyone was getting tea. So the impact on the roots was so big at that stage it lasted the entire grow. And at the end she had her first real harvest due to getting that Tea in there to fix the water problems she has.

I'll let you guess which got the tea.

Navi.JPG

:Namaste:

If someone wants a kit there are two ways to get one:

PM me....the guy who makes them.

or

Pretend it's a secret club and ask a bunch of people who aren't me and who don't make the kits.

I suspect the first approach is the easiest.

Baaahahahahaha!!!! Awesome!

Ok I'm back and have caught up on all this Hb, soil, tea and space alien super high tech stuff. So while you guys had that going on I have been battling higher temps and filtering scrubbing issues. My filter seemed to never really work 100% and I checked all the ducting for leaks and what not. I'm running a 190cfm ventech van into a 4"x12 Ventech Carbon filter. I'm about 7 weeks into flowering and the filter just crapped out. Place stunk of skunk as my friend said. The came over and said what the hell it reeks in here of Cannabis. I was nose blind to it.

I I think my issue was for two reason. The prefilter needed to be rinsed out, and the size of my fan isn't strong enough. I know if I run filter in tent sucking air (through) the filter the heat issue pops up even with fan on high. Now i run it with sucking air out of tent making a tight negative pressure seal I have less heat issues. This leads me to believe the fan it's strong enough to draw through the filter, but more then powerful enough to blow air through the filter.

My tent is only 3x2x5 so I did my research and a 190 Cfm should or more then covered it no? I'll be updating later today with the status of the girls. They are swelling and now pistals are shooting out of the sacks on the buds. Hoping to loupe them later and end this Amber alert lol...

I'm hearing that sour diesel actually has an extended flowering time? Anyone who has had her Is this true ?

Sounds like your carbon filter is junk. It happens sometimes dude, sorry. You should contact the manufacturer and say something. Most legit companies will send a new one. As for the temps, where is your fan blowing the hot air into? Whats the temp of the room your tent is in? That fan should cool that tent in a flash if the room its in is temp regulated too. Do you have a vent open on the lower part of the tent to pull in cooler air? Besides all that, where is the heat coming from? Ive never heard of a 300w mars putting off that much heat. Ive used a 900w and it didnt put out THAT much heat...
I've not grown SD, can't help ya there

Ok I'm back and have caught up on all this Hb, soil, tea and space alien super high tech stuff. So while you guys had that going on I have been battling higher temps and filtering scrubbing issues. My filter seemed to never really work 100% and I checked all the ducting for leaks and what not. I'm running a 190cfm ventech van into a 4"x12 Ventech Carbon filter. I'm about 7 weeks into flowering and the filter just crapped out. Place stunk of skunk as my friend said. The came over and said what the hell it reeks in here of Cannabis. I was nose blind to it.

I I think my issue was for two reason. The prefilter needed to be rinsed out, and the size of my fan isn't strong enough. I know if I run filter in tent sucking air (through) the filter the heat issue pops up even with fan on high. Now i run it with sucking air out of tent making a tight negative pressure seal I have less heat issues. This leads me to believe the fan it's strong enough to draw through the filter, but more then powerful enough to blow air through the filter.

My tent is only 3x2x5 so I did my research and a 190 Cfm should or more then covered it no? I'll be updating later today with the status of the girls. They are swelling and now pistals are shooting out of the sacks on the buds. Hoping to loupe them later and end this Amber alert lol...

I'm hearing that sour diesel actually has an extended flowering time? Anyone who has had her Is this true ?
My Sour D was spot on at 10 weeks, pulled one at 8 weeks, 2nd one carried 30 more g dry and kicks bettet. But 8 week plant is great smoke too. 190 CFM duct booster fan is crap. You will need twice that to filter you grow.

Cheers

Sent from my SPH-L720T using 420

The right way to do it is as you described, fan and filter inside the tent so you are pushing fresh clean air so any leaks are getting fresh air leaks. Then you know there is only one place a leak can happen at the fan to filter interface and if that is good you know if the filter is crap.

I run a 400CFM in my 5x5 where I have a 1000W HPS. Sometimes when it is hot outside I have to turn down the light a bit.

I have 560 CFM fan pushing air into tent, 460 CFM pulling through filter ducted out window. 1050 watts runs 5° to 7° above room. Now room is hot, I run 420 watts or 630 watts for summer. It's my last run till October when it cools off.

Cheers

I just said f it and got a 6" fan and filter Now running 440 cfm for a 3x2x5 tent. The filter that came with the 6" fan is TREMENDOUS compared to the one the 4" came with.

Overkill is good, it will work when you upgrade to a bigger tent. 4x4 is a good size.

Cheers

Back
Top Bottom