Perpetual Grow Among Other Things!

Always go by trichs, I've had some 12 weekers that looked ready at week 8, harvested and was severely disappointed. Keep in mind buds go through a swell every few weeks during flower. If it's a 12 week strain I can guarantee you that you will be losing yield and potency if harvested at 8 weeks since you won't be letting it go through its final bud swell, just my 2 cents

Typical grow times are for perfect situations. You have a great situation but you don't really know if you match "typical" grow times until you try. Plus Phenotype variations add +- a few days. So you can't mark your calendar until you have clones going from a mother of a strain you well understand in a system that is dialed and stable not changing.

The seed bank should have recommendations for flowering period which are rules of thumb. In general you should always go by the trics until you have enough experience with a strain to know by the age and look.

The last 2 weeks are the most important for potency. Cutting it down a week early is tragic but a week late is virtually unnoticeable. The fall off after reaching peak is slow.

You can get one of those $4 60x LED illuminated mags that will make this easy to determine. If you never have push a plant to 50% amber and see what you think.

:thumb:

Basing it off the Trichomes!

So as the title says. I am now running things well enough to base harvest off trich's. I have two plants the SD and HG69 that I certainly would have cut down by now under normal old procedures. Nope these two still have crystal clear trich's So I must wait... Partially in the past I had issue's and was always worried about late flower issue's and chopped. But not now .. no.. I am just letting stuff do it's thing and attempting to regulate the PH.. close...

When they hit somewhat cloudy i will start flushing... until then keep on keepin on...

So things are good... I added a new charcoal filter for two reasons... one i think one of my filter or possibly both need replacing. one is approaching a year and the other in a few months after. They where cheap ones and do well but not as well as I need... So at the moment .. three 6 inch filters... I still noticed some odor.

So knowing I may just need to get new..better quality ones... I figured I would try washing one of my old filters.. I have to say I think it helped substantially. I grow in a basement and the dust that came off it was unreal. I lightly dried it and reinstalled it... I could tell when it was completely dry as it started working again and seems to have rejuvenated it some...

So let's look at some pictures....

IMGP1400.JPG

Group shot above!

IMGP14022.JPG

The above acdc will probably be compost. I have two fresh clones and a dieing mom and really I just need to keep it going at this point. I don't think I will flower it again too soon...

IMGP1401.JPG

This beast of a TW "may" go to flower but i will need to do a scrog or something. It has been in veg too long and is ginormous...

IMGP1403.JPG
IMGP1404.JPG

Then those two pics are of the next wave and the two PC bigger clones in the back there. When i am done in flower now these will all be going in as ready. The stuff in flower is on weekly cycles for the most part so harvests will allow openings for these... If I get one out soon the TW goes in probably... PC next...

I really need a new seed order but keep putting it off for other things... I'll get there...

So over in the smelly room...

IMGP14051.JPG
IMGP14061.JPG
IMGP1407.JPG
IMGP14081.JPG

Things look "Marvelous"

Really like all the plants are swelling and sticky as shit.I have Yoyo's running all over some of them as they are getting too big for themselves. all these runs if they continue on course are looking delicious!

IMGP1409.JPG
IMGP14102.JPG

Those two Above are the HG69 and look at the top cola... Booyah! It totally looks done but is still clear like i mentioned...

IMGP1413.JPG
IMGP1414.JPG

Same as the SD.. Look like it is done.. I was told this was a 12 week strain.. Well the trich's are clear so it is still possible but I feel this must be an error in the listing. Or they sent the wrong seeds... Not saying they did and until the final cut I have no idea if it was good info or not... Who cares tho that thing will be saaweet...

IMGP1411.JPG
IMGP14123.JPG

Then that ole PC I been clonin out since the start... Still getting results. I do think something is up as now I am getting less and less fans on these runs but good production. Maybe the strain is getting weak... I debate a fresh batch of seeds of it soon. That would be good to compare...

IMGP14151.JPG
IMGP14162.JPG

So then above is the WW ... It is coming along nice... Sounds like I keep repeating myself... just look at em...

IMGP1420.JPG

IMGP14192.JPG

TW above....

And last

IMGP1418.JPG
IMGP1417.JPG

Bubba Kush...

I look forward to seeing if this will stretch. I have yet to be able to get it to. But I did cause the issue's and all. I just seem to not be able to stretch it in veg easily too.. Wants to be a bush.. Takes serious LST...

Looking forward to a clean run. Really this is the closest on all these strains at it for me. Meaning it is by far the best growing I have ever done. But I am not saying it is perfect.

I still struggle with PH a little and PPM. The SD has slight burnt tips and I love that actually. I am just at the limit on that. But I have not been able to consistently run it the same PPM. Hard with a big res in flower and veg to get it exact. I top off never start fresh. That is a big mixing variable. But it is DTW so that helps... I am close just not spot on yet... Just wait..

So that is about it for now.... Thank you for coming by and stay tuned for more buddage...

OH speaking of buddage the ACDc is drying and should hit the jars for cure in a day or two...I didn't really get any pics but will try to do a report and such.

:peace:

FE

Your plants are so beautiful Far East. Subbed up. I will have to get caught up as fast as I can.

Thank you kindly Noob! Alot there to read... Don't feel obligated to read it all. But it is interesting to see how far I have come. alot of good info in there too!
Welcome aboard!

I have no idea what I was thinking in the past.

When I use to harvest it was usually based off appearance... Well let's start by saying I was wrong.. Tric's are the way to go. I am at 25% or so on two plants and just started the flush... At least 1-2 weeks already past where I would have chopped. And flush will be close to another week. So yah when i asked awhile ago.. Trichomes are what to base harvest off. Plant's can be very deceiving based on appearance. and try to tell a plant what weeks its on .. they don't listen.

Both reservoirs got filled and bennies added in heavy as well. Just felt like running a strong bennie run as I have been light on it for awhile. PPM's I think where hot for awhile as i have burnt a few tops and edges but mostly on the two that are now in flush. Sorta just like they have hit fall. I am trying to keep PPM's at 500 or so. Should be great for DTW. More seems to hurt some of the delicate ones like the PC and SD.

So all my harvest are a week behind or so. WW is at week 8 but I havent even thought about when to cut it until the SD and HG are done... The skinny on the SD. No clue... It is suppose to be 2-3 weeks away from being ready. But it followed the path of the HG that went into flower at the same time. The HG is running a slight bit late but the SD is pretty early.

So the SD strain i have is suppose to be 12 weeks but many are 8 so possibly it was a typo. the plant does not look like it would make it there and the tric's say so too. Sad part is I forgot to get apicture of it.. well my wife took the pics on her camera and i didnt get them yet... I'll throw those up in a day or two...

Let's pop over to veg and talk some over in that room...

IMGP1421.JPG
IMGP14221.JPG

That big beat of a TW a couple mid size PC's and a mess of clones... All of them are decent.. well growable but as you can see some are better than others...

That TW is still growing larger by the day. I really want to scrog it... But I think I will put it into flower but right before I do I will tie it all open wide so the stretch happens in the middle... So serious LST. it really is huge.

So that's it on Veg. No cloner.. No more ACDC big plants dying in the corner... Kinda cleaned up some...
But that is a few clones running in there. So there is plenty of good after flower clears up. There is a little bit of bud clutter in there...

Let's finish this convo in that room

IMGP14232.JPG
IMGP14241.JPG
IMGP1425.JPG
IMGP14262.JPG

Nothing bud growth from the last post.... Some little things too but nothing I am super worried about...
It's hard to see the differences week to week when the plant finished stretch. I mean they are getting FAT. But that isnt as easy to see as the stretch period. But trust me. They are nugged up.

So I wanted to mention my filter cleaning experiment. Throw all the data out the window... It did improve the smell greatly but still was not 100%. So tough one to call because cleaning helped but there was no comparison to a new one.... until i replaced it...

But the new one is huge. 6 inch still but double the size.. Double the money... name branded... Problem solved. There is no hint of anything in my house anywhere anytime. I was told for two years. So that is that. only draw back... My dog smell is back in the house... Kinda preferred a hint of ganja...

IMGP1427.JPG
IMGP1428.JPG

So this is a TW that is finishing up stretch and starting the bud development. Looking better already than any TW for me ..But of course that isn't saying alot.

IMGP14292.JPG
IMGP1430.JPG

Above is a Bubba Kush that just hit flower what? 2 weeks ago i think... It is stretching more than any BK for me yet but still has a look that I don't see on most BK's out there... I am finally getting some stretch but what a tough one on me to grow... Need to nail this one...

IMGP14312.JPG
IMGP14321.JPG

So very funny how I was bashing the WW awhile ago. I just finished my last nug from the last run and actually made me sad a little. The strain i have is high CBD and medium THC. So it has a different effect than the PC that makes me zombie. I definitely have a little more energy and functionality... This plant is growing rather nicely and I look forward to the buddage in the jars...

IMGP14331.JPG
IMGP14341.JPG

Ok so this PC has me slightly concerned. It has some crappy leaves. It really gets blasted from the rotating fan. Or just the closeness to the light.. It s only the upper leaves... Nothing serious as the plant is filling out nicely.. This PC started as bag seed for me and here we are... So one of these runs will be it's last when the next batch of seeds get ordered.. Still tasty sweet and a top one still for me.. If I need to sleep I can smoke my self into bedtime... That helps alot.

IMGP14352.JPG
IMGP14361.JPG

Lastly let's look at the holy grail 69. First run so still untested. But that certainly will be a fun one to test. Such a treat to get a really good run the first try on it. Look at all the yoyo's those buds where falling over a week plus ago. They only got bigger since then. First time using Yoyo's. Other than I can't move the plant they get two thumbs up. Very useful! So sorry I missed the pics on the SD i will post them when my wife gives them to me. I challenged her to get a good pic of it. Let's see what she can do...

Guess thats it for now...

oh Welcome back John Snow.

Thanks for coming by..

FE

Have you ever seen Albino buds? - Harvest Update!

Morning All!

So I wanted to give a little update on the current Sitch!

I harvested two plants Saturday night. It took far longer than I had hoped. About 3 hours per plant. I am slacking I guess. I like to do one at a time as 6 hours of trimming I start to get lazy and cut too much I think. I am trying a new drying method. This is the second time at it. I put everything into smaller sizes and into tubs. They stay in flower under one drain table. The humidity in there and the half darkness. They seem to take a couple extra days to dry but the I like the slower the better as long as I am not molding. So i till the tubs a couple times a day. My ACDC dried very well this way. I trimmed almost all the under growth and nugs off and they all went into the trim tubs for a proper BHO run in the future. Knowing that i would be doing this did help in harvest as I didn't worry about small stuff really. It might skew the dry weights but I dont care. BHO output is part of my finals in my head anyway. I don't weight wet anymore. Too much work I am lazy. Sometimes I don't even get dry weights.

So as the topic says the Sour Diesel had that albino genetics going on. I got some decent for me pic's of it as I thought it was interesting.

The Holy Grail 69 yielded better .. probably a third better. The SD could have possibly gone one more week but both where @ 25 % on the Tric's. Being my first time harvesting off tric's I was comfortable with 25 %. So the Sd hermies a little somehow and had a few nanner.. Great.. wonder what lady took in some ....pollen.. bah... I am not sure why as my grow has been spot on for so long. But I did recall these two where just sprouted as seed and had the cyanobacteria early on for a bit. They rebounded very well after... as I am pleased with the yields but they did have it.. So technically not all the way clean. I hate that as it prevents me from knowing what was up really. The plant looked great and the buds etc are so tasty looking. So lets get on it and take a look!

IMGP1440.JPG

IMGP1455.JPG

Above is the SD and below is the HG

IMGP14411.JPG

IMGP14562.JPG

Sorry for the bad pics as always... you get the point..;)

So hard to tell in the pics but the tubs are certainly full of goodness... Sticky yummy!

So lets get some close ups up the SD with its strange genetics. I got almost zero pics of the GH stuff... But enjoy the SD

IMGP14422.JPG
IMGP1446.JPG
IMGP1447.JPG
IMGP1448.JPG
IMGP14491.JPG
IMGP14503.JPG
IMGP14573.JPG
IMGP14591.JPG
IMGP1461.JPG

The white leaves really enhance the hairs effects alot. I look forward to sampling these. The harvest hash has been super delicious. I do want them ready for sample though. Not a long cure necessarily but good and dry. I will cure it well but the sampling will start soon enough.

So I popped another SD seed and a WW into med bottle for sprouting. I was anti cloning at the time so I never kept them running. I will need to be better about that. I hope to get a regular update up soon as I haven't in a bit. But thought this would be a neat one.
Thanks for enjoying it with me.

FE

Nice root ball.

Than you kindly!

Congrats on the harvest Far East! :high-five: As a noob, I would have thought I did something wrong to create the white leaves. This is actually the first time I have seen anything like that bud. Cudos to you. I hope you cloned it.

Unfortunately i didn't clone it ;/ Still hitting my head against the wall for that one. At the time i was in anti cloning mode and planned on just growing from seeds. Stupid-o.

anyway...

FE

Why not post an update? - Post Harvest.

So I did that big update on my harvest yesterday. So I can't skip out on the rest of my stuff. That was just 2 of my perpetual run. Really it was just suppose to be that one HG.

So let's take a look at Veg

IMGP14621.JPG
IMGP1463.JPG

Above is the groups...

IMGP14651.JPG

then above we have the PC's. Both are getting ready for flower. One of the two will be in a few days. The other gets cloned...

IMGP14641.JPG

Bk's will go into flower after that about a week or so. Well one will.. The other gets cloned... See a pattern?

IMGP1466.JPG

This is the rest of the mess.. a TW and DCC in 1 gallons those will be recloned or if they get there on schedule one or both could eventually flower....

I have the SD and WW seeds i started to figure in all this as well...

So veg is doing it's thing. Cleaner and following along nicely.

So lets carry on over in Flower...

IMGP14721.JPG
IMGP14731.JPG
IMGP14811.JPG
IMGP1483.JPG
IMGP1482.JPG

I took extra pictures as I was trying camera settings. They all suck sorry... at least the plants don't.

So the one empty spot is just to space things out harvest wise again. I have other harvests coming right up so I may have empty spots on and off for a bit...

So closeups

IMGP14841.JPG
IMGP14851.JPG

That above is pineapple chunk again. It is coming right up like 2 weeks i think. ? It looks delicious. I worry about the strain as it has very little fans these days... But the buds still grow nicely..

IMGP14861.JPG
IMGP14871.JPG

then these above are the huge train wreck I just threw in after the recent harvest. This things large... Wait til stretch! I have never vegged a plant this big into flower.

IMGP14881.JPG
IMGP1489.JPG

This is the WW. I will start checking trich's closer now that the SD and Hg are gone. It had barely a spec of brown tric's a few days ago. The plant is pretty good but I will say I thought it would grow bigger. Maybe it has and I really wasnt looking close enough. No issue's just possibly the light needs to go up to increase stretch more on this whole side of the room. Final results soon so thaat will say alot too..

Am i getting spoiled?

IMGP1490.JPG
IMGP1491.JPG

This one is very interesting.. Stretch is working for the first time on this BK The stocks get so thick I have a hard time with LST. It is still so thick as crap! like foliage dense and abundant.. I am gently picking off some lower stuff as I hate to defol at all in flower but I need some flow. They are the dying off leaves below... The two in veg for next time I have a new plan to attack it with... Top it for 4 nodes.. all other growth gets taken off a week before flower. Just learning my strains!

IMGP14921.JPG
IMGP1493.JPG

Then the TW that is 3 weeks still. It is right after the PC. If I keep up this pace I will be tired of harvests. It is going to be a weekly thing for awhile. Not a bad thing at all.. Just gonna need to make sure other stuff gets kept up on and keep the flow moving... Maybe start working towards every 2 weeks for some time too... Nah.... once a week would be stellar... It will make Lots for projects... So that about sums it up...

Thank you for commuting with me.. this is your stop... ok get out....

FE

Back
Top Bottom