First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Organic

Re: First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Org

Beautiful. I like her pistils too.
Go to any store & buy a cheap 30X hand held scope. You'll really see the trichs & can pinpoint when she's ready. Better than guessing or going by pistil color.

After reading a think this is the route I will take, many thanks!

Re: First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Org

Funny I actually really like the pic you apologized for! I have also seen pink pistils, and my plants are still putting on weight. As far as harvesting I am nowhere near an expert, but I do know where to find some great info. Check out BrokeAssRegs journal, he just harvested and there is a ton of info about flower development and harvesting. The topic is more complicated than I initially realized, as details can vary between strains as well as between indica vs sativas. I hope this helps :) reps for the pics and lovely flowers!

Thanks for the info stacks! Will swing by his journal.

Double thanks for the reps sir.

5 plants wouldn't fit in 3 gallon pots, 8 plants that I started with when switched to 12/12 for sure wouldn't have fit. In the future, less plants , more care, LST, and longer veg for better yield in same space.

checking the trichs is the best way of telling when the plant is ready for harvest,
clear trichs look like ice and mean the plants not ready,
100% cloudy trichs or their abouts means the thc is at its peak and the plant is ready for harvest,
if you let it flower longer the cloudy trichs turn amber which is telling is the thc is degrading into cbn and this gives us a stronger couch lock affect,

i like to harvest at around 20%amber and 80%ish cloudy, at this point i know the plant is finished and starting to degrade so its 100% ready for harvest, but the plant is at its ripest at 100% cloudy, they look like milky water when their cloudy and thats when thc is at its peak, so anything 100% cloudy or their abouts and the plants ready for harvest.

also most strains have the purple gene in them, when the chlorophyll starts breaking down then this turns the leaves and buds purple, a lot of outdoor plants this time of year are now producing purple buds due to the drop in temps, so most strains will turn purple if temps are just right, but it dont mean the buds any better, i forced a plant to turn purple using the cold shock method and was chuffed to bits that i had produced some nice dark purple buds, so i sat down to smoke it after it had dried and was like smoking razor blades, harsh on the way in then rips your throat to pieces on the way out, so cold shock wont be a method im using again,

their are some true purple strains that turn purple under regular temps, ive just not managed to come across the right pheno type as ive tried many many purple strains and purple autos and none turn purple, if you come across BID's journal or look in the contest page you will see his purple plants and buds and its a strain he has been working on a while and it produces nice purple buds each time its grown under regular temps, i wouldnt try the cold shock method again not after the skank i smoked, ill keep trying different strains until i get the right pheno type, just planted blue mystic and will order some purple urkle seeds on wed and give them a try and once i got 1 purple plant i can then work on making that purple pheno stable and produce stable purple plants like BID has managed to do,

yep should be fine, i got my scope off the autction site for £0.99p or $1.40ish, i think mines for testing bank notes as its got 2 white led's and a uv led on it,

just check it under natural daylight so you get a better view of the tricks, certain lights give off false readings so i find the best is under natural daylight,
clear trichs look like clear ice,
cloudy trichs look like milky water,
amber trichs start to degrade so the trichs sort of fall over and go a sort of clear amber colour,

also it can sometimes be best to cut off one of the sugar leaves poking out the buds or cut off one of the fingers on the leaves poking out the buds then you can put it on a flat surface and have a better look at it, just check the plant and different places as the top of the plant will be more devloped than the rest so you need to check a few places, if its hard to get close to the buds then just cut a piece of leaf off and check that as it wont matter to much towards the end of flower if you remove the odd leaf,

Clipped off a few of the under developed buds from the lower nodes. Turned my oven to 170(lowest) once it finishes preheating I shut it off immediately , place the buds in it for 1 hour, removed and hung in the closet with fan @80 F. They stayed there for 15hours. when I came home packed a bowl with the lemon kush, the stems where dry enough to snap like......twigs.the bud was dry but still a little green. Tasted impressive but weak, got a much larger hit when expected. Was actually caught off guard by a decent head rush followed by a smooth body high and mental stimulation. More stimulating than relaxing for sure.

At any rate lemon kush is still trucking a long. I think she will flower the longest. Most of the time I prefer more couch lock. The others I think I will try to hit higher THC levels instead and see how they come out.

Really getting the itch now....they smell so good.

1381955789815.jpg

ThisThis looks to have amber trichs starting from the base oh the buds and moving outward. Others on the plagnt are clear to amber but too hard to guage a % wish you could seem them in the picture

i think it could go a while longer as the pistils still look ok, my pistils usually all shrivel onto the buds before harvest, but go by the trichs on not the pistils as strains very so the trichs will give you the best idea,

just make sure you have a lot of cloudy trichs then you will be ok, the pistils are starting to die so id say it dont have long left but could go another 2 weeks depending on the trichs, i know its hard to keep waiting for harvest but in the last 2 weeks the plant puts on its most weight as the pollen sacs swell and look like they got seeds in them, so it should really fatten up.

thats a tough call to make, i like to harvest at around 20%amber so i wait until the plant is 80%ish cloudy and 10% then i just stop feeding nutrients for the last 10 to 14 days then the plant uses up what it can and by harvest the leaves are starting to turn yellow,

you could give it another week on nutrients then flush, im thinking you got at least 2 weeks left but its hard to tell without looking at the trichs, check the trichs at different parts of the plant and double check what its telling you, if its 100% cloudy or their abouts then either stop feeding nutrients or flush, if its still got some clear trichs then keep feeding it as normal until these turn cloudy, once their all cloudy it will take about 10 to 14 days before they start turning amber so even if you waited till 100% cloudy before you flush then you wont end up with loads of amber trichs at harvest,

1382043814387.jpg
1382044084811.jpg
1382044108747.jpg
1382044154134.jpg
Here's some pics of the lemon kush , the white window x skunk turned out to not recover very well from the flush, after that it became a feeding frenzy for whiteflies. Its growth was stunted and leaves yellowing rapidly. I decided to chop it down and use the space better with the remaining plants. Treated all the remaining plants with organicide organic pest killer. I use it on my veggies and herbs that I consume but I was still weary of spraying it on the buds , so I sprayed the undersides of the leaves and we will see how it turns out. Going to waster with pH water only from now on with the wr X m. It will be the first plant to truly be harvested. Anyone have links to good info for drying curing process?

Back
Top Bottom