First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Organic

Re: First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Org

1382061992812.jpg
1382062055199.jpg
1382062210046.jpg

Is this a seed forming!?!?! Only one on one plant same plant has a greener similar growth tucked in small leaves.....haven't seen this before on here......

Re: First Time Indoor Grow Closet - CFL - Herbies Lemon Kush Feminized Aiming For Org

Looks like a testicle to me my friend, just get some tweezers and pluck those bad boys off, be sure to check real close around the nodes. Sit the plant up on a table or something, and get a small light to check for bananas, and pluck those off, if you find any. It looks like the pollen sac might have already opened, which means you might have pollen in the space now. I would super clean my space a couple of good times as soon as you're able to, just to be on the safe side.

The plant was the one directly in front of the fan, what are the chances it pollinated all the other plants? Checked them all from top to bottom didn't see any nanners or any other balls. That plant for sure has pistils all over so has to be Hermie caused by stress or light leak? Worst case I get seeds in the other three plants but will this drastically decrease yield? Thought I was really careful checked the space in total dark many times, oh well live and learn. Would it be better to harvest early before seeds develop? Lots of questions I know but didn't research this at all.

It's cool don't panic my friend, if any balls or nanners pop up, just pluck those bastards off, and you won't get many seeds off a hermie, but the ones you do get should be feminized, since the plant was female, then turned herm.:thumb:

Thanks man, just never checked on the repercussions of this so I got really worried lol. This was a bagseed that hermed so it will be just normal seeds I guess. This plant has had no issues and grew well wouldn't mind having extra seeds to throw down for experimenting. Just was really hoping for sensemilla.Almost lights out time fkor me and the plants. You're the man dank!

My opinion is bin the seeds I agree with everything else but people grow weed not to have seed in so to me your hermie is probably from a hermie so in my eyes not worth the bother unless you want more hermies .if you want fem seed from a hermie you let it go too long and then you get nannas the pollen from them male flowers this early will only produce hermie .
Your plants are very dark and look overfed this could be the cause of your hermie

Have smoked some damn tasty bud from hermied plants before :)

Although I have to agree with fatty, to get the best out of the next grow I wouldn't bother with seeds from a hermie plant. Nothing worse than expending so much time, effort, money and risk of freedom only for your plants do decide they want to grow balls right at the end.

Have smoked some damn tasty bud from hermied plants before :)

Although I have to agree with fatty, to get the best out of the next grow I wouldn't bother with seeds from a hermie plant. Nothing worse than expending so much time, effort, money and risk of freedom only for your plants do decide they want to grow balls right at the end.

But those hermie seeds should be re-usable right ?

Really that plant came from a free seed that was in a bag of decent smoke. It don't cost me any thing and a single nug off the plant will pay for the bag I bought so I feel everything else Is "profit".

Levernz the seed will most likely grow but we pay for genetics that are designed to root this stuff out, if I was going to just throw down some random seeds like the mother it came from then sure , but I won't be using it for a grow I'm counting on.

Had to work an unexpected double today which resulted in grow temps of 90 for several hours. All plants had very droopy leaves and dry pots. Watered them and cranked the fans and ac, hope they recover soon.

Chopped the white rhino x mzar, borrowed a 30x and there were no clear trichs on the buds only on the tiny leaves most were amber, thought I let it go too far but hasn't been 2 months flower yet. Don't have a scale bug enough to weigh em but will post dry weight. Hung upside down in the closet right now.

nice, i'm just in time for harvest

Still have three plants going, 2 bagseed and my pride and joy lemon kush. How do I tell if they are dry enough to start curing? Also what are target temps and humidity levels for drying?

you like chemdawg/og/lemon kush ehh? temps should remain 60-70f and humidity the 50-70%

There are many ways of curing the buds. Do some searches and there's some good stuff on youtube as well. Just be patient and wait for it to reach it's peak. I will be curious how the quality turns out. In the past grows I did it's been hit or miss. And no matter how much weed you end up with, if it's no good, then it's a real bummer.

congrats on the harvest,

on the last page you have got pics of male pollen, the flowers look like they have opened or are close to opening, the bananas are usually single yellow bananas poking out the buds, but at the nodes you find these develop male pollen flowers that look just like male flowers, these usually open and spread the most pollen,

so if they have opened then their will be pollen in the room, hermies dont produce huge amounts of pollen but enough to produce a good few seeds, the main thing to do is check if you have any light leaks that could cause a plant to go hermie, if their was no light leaks or other stress that caused it then its a natural hermie and the seeds it will produce will also carry the hermie trait,

if the plant produced pollen due to been in flower to long, so if it was nearly ready for harvest then its producing pollen to try and produce seeds, this pollen produced femenised seeds with no hermie traits, or if it went hermie due to a light leak or other form of stress then the seeds it produces are all femenised.

you wont find many if it did release pollen, but you will find a few, not enough to ruin a crop or turn a whole plant to seed but enough to give you a few seeds for a good few grows,

Don't have a plan for curing yet as I had not planned on chopping any of these 4 for another week at least. I am having a difficult to e finding consistent info on drying/curing. Some say hang up side down, some say paper bag in a drawer or closet? Does light damage them while drying? I would like to do it then safest way possible to avoid mold.

Back
Top Bottom