Hi guys, ive been forced to log on back on sooner than planned... put the girls outside earlier and spotted this one one of the leaves...

A1F005FA-9A2C-4134-9C03-C842D0865AE5.jpeg

Sorry but all i have to take pictures is my camera phone so this isnt very clear. But bottom left of that leaf there appears to be tiny yellow spots. Is this something that needs attention?

Keep doing what your doing, bottom leaves are usually first to go because of sitting so close to the soil/coco.

When’s the last time you fed them with run off?

I havent yet, I did check the soil earlier and it could probably do with a good soaking, its been a few days. Its sunny at the moment though so was going to water this evening when i put them away.

Me personally I would hit them with a good feeding, still you see run off, then let them soak in the sun. But if your looking for a higher humidity in tent once you put them away, then feed them when you were going to.

Done. :morenutes:

All 3 pots took about 2.5 litres before i saw run off, ive probably been under watering through fear of overwatering!

been under watering through fear of overwatering!

Like Barney said, it’s impossible to over water in coco.

That could be why it seems like your plants are growing slowly. Feed more often, with more of it, and you will notice a huge difference.

When I was in coco, I put through a gallon in a half through each 5 gal pot every feeding. So that would be, roughly 6 litres I do believe

Like Barney said, it’s impossible to over water in coco.

That could be why it seems like your plants are growing slowly. Feed more often, with more of it, and you will notice a huge difference.

When I was in coco, I put through a gallon in a half through each 5 gal pot every feeding. So that would be, roughly 6 litres I do believe

Being a super soil, with peat in the mix, i thought over watering might still be possible. I must admit, i did start wondering about the lack of water theyve had last night before i saw this message and thought exactly that. We still arent at 3 weeks though so its still early and i have time to correct. I will up the schedule this week, especially as we have a lot of sun on the way so the pots are likely to dry out fast. I am going to try to refrain from posting update pictures until Thursday / Friday this week, thats when we should enter the supposed explosive growth stage.

So that would be, roughly 6 litres I do believe

Thats about right then, my pots work out to be 3 US gallons (12 litres) and they took about 2.5-3 litres before i saw run off. The question now is... how often? But i know this isnt an exact science and i need to learn how to read the plant and pick up on the dry coco/soil. Will be keeping a very close eye this week, i suspect the feeding schedule will really increase in the coming 2-3 weeks.

Hi WH. I was looking through the active grow journals and I found yours. I am growing outdoors in soil and am always looking to see how similar growers are doing. After reading through your journal and seeing that you are growing in Canna Terra pro plus, you need to know that it does NOT appear to be a super soil. Acoording to their website, the only things they list as ingredients are peat moss and different types of tree bark. Those are both considered soilless. It also says that their mix contains enough stuff for the first week. A true super soil should never need any nutes for the entire grow. A true super soil will contain stuff like: aged forest products, earthworm castings, bone & blood meal, as well as other amendments. I would encourage you to do some research on the Canna Terra pro. Perhaps @Emilya would chime in and give us some insight and knowledge.

Good luck with your grow and I look forward to seeing it progress.

Here's a link to what a super soil recipe looks like.

Hi WH. I was looking through the active grow journals and I found yours. I am growing outdoors in soil and am always looking to see how similar growers are doing. After reading through your journal and seeing that you are growing in Canna Terra pro plus, you need to know that it does NOT appear to be a super soil. Acoording to their website, the only things they list as ingredients are peat moss and different types of tree bark. Those are both considered soilless. It also says that their mix contains enough stuff for the first week. A true super soil should never need any nutes for the entire grow. A true super soil will contain stuff like: aged forest products, earthworm castings, bone & blood meal, as well as other amendments. I would encourage you to do some research on the Canna Terra pro. Perhaps @Emilya would chime in and give us some insight and knowledge.

Good luck with your grow and I look forward to seeing it progress.

Here's a link to what a super soil recipe looks like.

Hey man, thanks for dropping by and thank you so much for the information. Having got your message, ive done some research and it seems you are correct. It has enough in it for the first stages, probably two weeks worth which is about where im at now. I do have some nutes at the ready just in case.... bio bizz stuff. I may add to my next feeding in a few days (unless they show me evidence of deficiencies sooner). So heres my question.... how much? 1/4 or 1/2 reco dose? Thanks again, potentially lifesaving message you just left me. I owe you, sir :Namaste:

Being a super soil, with peat in the mix, i thought over watering might still be possible. I must admit, i did start wondering about the lack of water theyve had last night before i saw this message and thought exactly that. We still arent at 3 weeks though so its still early and i have time to correct. I will up the schedule this week, especially as we have a lot of sun on the way so the pots are likely to dry out fast. I am going to try to refrain from posting update pictures until Thursday / Friday this week, thats when we should enter the supposed explosive growth stage.

Thats about right then, my pots work out to be 3 US gallons (12 litres) and they took about 2.5-3 litres before i saw run off. The question now is... how often? But i know this isnt an exact science and i need to learn how to read the plant and pick up on the dry coco/soil. Will be keeping a very close eye this week, i suspect the feeding schedule will really increase in the coming 2-3 weeks.

With the nice weather that’s approaching, I would feel the weight of the pot after two-three days of prior feeding for a weight difference compared to after feeding. Stick your finger in the soil mix, about two-three inch down. If nothing sticks to your finger, then it’s time to feed again. If some soil sticks to your finger, hold off another day.

Hey WH. I'm not familiar with growing in soilless medium. It seems to me that a lot of the stuff I've seen people post, is that they have to feed every time they water. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

Yes like bigd said, you will want to add nutrients every time you water. You can run fresh water through them before flower to wash away any salt buildups that could have accumulated throughout veg period. You can also, run fresh water through it at the end of flower as well. May be considered as a flush. Some flush, some don’t, it’s all a matter of opinion.

But yes, you will want to feed them every time you water. Your question about dosage, well what do the instructions say for recommendations?

The nutes I use, is a three part system, and it tells me how much of each to use through out a photoperiods life cycle.

It’s been pretty easy peasy! :yahoo:

Hey WH. I'm not familiar with growing in soilless medium. It seems to me that a lot of the stuff I've seen people post, is that they have to feed every time they water. Hopefully someone else can help you out.

Thanks @BigD13 much appreciated.

Yes like bigd said, you will want to add nutrients every time you water. You can run fresh water through them before flower to wash away any salt buildups that could have accumulated throughout veg period. You can also, run fresh water through it at the end of flower as well. May be considered as a flush. Some flush, some don’t, it’s all a matter of opinion.

But yes, you will want to feed them every time you water. Your question about dosage, well what do the instructions say for recommendations?

The nutes I use, is a three part system, and it tells me how much of each to use through out a photoperiods life cycle.

It’s been pretty easy peasy! :yahoo:

Again, thanks man. I will open it all up tonight and have look. That table looks like utter jiberish to me, going to need to screw my head on later and work it out. What confuses me at first glance is you have three different types of nutes for each stage of growth but yet they give you the amounts for all stages of growth? Am i missing something?

Again, thanks man. I will open it all up tonight and have look. That table looks like utter jiberish to me, going to need to screw my head on later and work it out. What confuses me at first glance is you have three different types of nutes for each stage of growth but yet they give you the amounts for all stages of growth? Am i missing something?

My last two feedings I have them a late veg dose of nutrients. So for each I would use,

Grow-3 TSP per gallon of water
Micro-2 TSP per gallon of water
Bloom-1 TSP per gallon of water.

So I would add that amount of each bottle in one gallon of water before feeding to the ladies.

I mix three gal at a time though.

So on and so forth, for each stage of the plants life.

My last two feedings I have them a late veg dose of nutrients. So for each I would use,

Grow-3 TSP per gallon of water
Micro-2 TSP per gallon of water
Bloom-1 TSP per gallon of water.

So I would add that amount of each bottle in one gallon of water before feeding to the ladies.

I mix three gal at a time though.

So on and so forth, for each stage of the plants life.

As always, its easy when you sit down and look properly. So ive bought the outdoor pack from Bio Bizz which contains Fish Mix, Bio Bloom and Top Max. I then googled the nutrient schedule (because GIMF too) and i found this...

Capture.PNG

Seems self-explanatory.... i will need all 3 nutes on every feed until theyre done now.

I think you explained this above but can i just clarify, you mix all nutes together in the same "1 litre", right? So for the week 3 schedule above, i will be mixing 4ml worth of nutes in 1 litre of water?

i will be mixing 4ml worth of nutes in 1 litre of water?

Yes! Exacta-mundo! :thumb:

So say you have an even gallon of water.

1L = 0.264 gallons.

For easy math, I round down to 0.25, which would make it 4 litres per gallon.

4 X 2 (ml) = 8 ml of fish mix into 1 gal of water.
4 X 1 (ml) = 4 ml of bio bloom and top max into the same gallon of water.

You then PH your water. Say it’s 6.2 that’s okay for coco, but 5.8 is ideal for coco. You don’t want to feed 6.23one day, couple days later, feed with a 5.71then next time back to 6.36 the next feeding because ph fluctuations will harm the plant as well.

But! If your adding around the same amount of nutes each time, it should bring your ph to close to the same ph as last time pretty easily for you.

Yes! Exacta-mundo! :thumb:

So say you have an even gallon of water.

1L = 0.264 gallons.

For easy math, I round down to 0.25, which would make it 4 litres per gallon.

4 X 2 (ml) = 8 ml of fish mix into 1 gal of water.
4 X 1 (ml) = 4 ml of bio bloom and top max into the same gallon of water.

You then PH your water. Say it’s 6.2 that’s okay for coco, but 5.8 is ideal for coco. You don’t want to feed 6.23one day, couple days later, feed with a 5.71then next time back to 6.36 the next feeding because ph fluctuations will harm the plant as well.

But! If your adding around the same amount of nutes each time, it should bring your ph to close to the same ph as last time pretty easily for you.

OK great, yeah it seems simple enough. I hadnt even thought about PH that much, i have been using tap water which has been steady every time i tested and sits at around 7.13. So it seems that its a bit high for our fair plant.

Which brings me to my next question, i need to make the water a little more acidic for coco. Can i simply use a dash of lemon juice to make a little more acidic? I just did a quick test in a glass and, in theory, it works. But will that be OK when it comes to watering the ladies?

Yep, that’ll work for now! I’d maybe recommend getting a small bottle of ph down if you can. You won’t need ph up, as if you go under your designated ph then just add a bit more water in to raise it back up a bit, but yeah man the lemon juice should work fine.

Yep, that’ll work for now! I’d maybe recommend getting a small bottle of ph down if you can. You won’t need ph up, as if you go under your designated ph then just add a bit more water in to raise it back up a bit, but yeah man the lemon juice should work fine.

So i made the decision to mix up just 1 litre of nutes and i fed them all this morning. I know they only got a drenching on Sunday but if its difficult to overwater in coco then i figured it cant hurt and with this weather we have this week they may even greatly benefit. Fingers crossed for the girls, i’ll be back on Saturday to provide some growth updates. Peace out all :hippy:

Back
Top Bottom