You dont go based upon days of watering. But what your plant/medium asks for. No sense in watering everyday. You will drown your plant and create a plethora of issues. Watering everyday is ONLY recommended for individuals whom are using a B grade medium. Or a medium that has no water retention. (Vermiculite helps with water retention in your mediums)

Root rot WILL occur if you water daily. Your roots need air. It's always best to let your plants go without water juuuuuust b4 you start to see signs. This way u are ensuring air flow to your roots. Which will help the growth and over all health/strength of your plants. You of course have to 'test' your plants over a few days to zone in the perfect watering time/amount, But I always let my medium go dry (at least 5 inch's down in my medium) before watering. Even if you can lift the pot slightly. You'll get used to the weight of when you need to fill or not :)

Hope all works out for ya. Keep us posted brotha!:green_heart::passitleft::green_heart:

Thanks bro, so what medium are you using because im in coir?

I dont think i need to water daily at the moment. I gave one of them a drenching on Monday and lifting it up this morning it was evidently still holding a lot of water compared to the other two plants which were watered on Saturday i think. The pot was much heavier. They are both due for a watering today but i didnt have time this morning.

Thanks bro, so what medium are you using because im in coir?

I dont think i need to water daily at the moment. I gave one of them a drenching on Monday and lifting it up this morning it was evidently still holding a lot of water compared to the other two plants which were watered on Saturday i think. The pot was much heavier. They are both due for a watering today but i didnt have time this morning.

I am, and ALWAYS will remain, as a organic soil cannabis cultivator. I've tried a 8,000 sq ft grow space doing hydro, then when I was done I switched that space to a aeroponic set up. Although amazing points can be said about cultivating with those two techniques, in my experience, me building my own soil/medium has always worked out better. And allot of my customers, (I mean allot) apprecieate my organic soil ways. :)

With building a awesomesauce soil/medium, you dont even need to give your plants any fertz or nutes throughout the entire grow cycle ;) with optimal results! Which me likey :) :passitleft::cheesygrinsmiley::slide:

I am, and ALWAYS will remain, as a organic soil cannabis cultivator. I've tried a 8,000 sq ft grow space doing hydro, then when I was done I switched that space to a aeroponic set up. Although amazing points can be said about those way's of cultivating, in my experience, me building my own soil/medium has always worked out better. And allot of my customers, (I mean allot) apprecieate my organic soil ways. :)

With building a awesomesauce soil/medium, you dont even need to give your plants any fertz or nutes throughout the entire grow cycle ;) with optimal results! Which me likey :) :passitleft::cheesygrinsmiley::slide:

To be honest i actually bought my medium thinking it was super soil built for our great plant. It was only after the first couple of weeks that someone chimed in on here and corrected me. OOPS. Luckily for me i had everything i needed to crack on using the coco. Ideally, any future grow, id like to go with soil.

Im also now worried about the weather and am thinking of moving things indoors, how do you think plants will cope with the switch to an LED indoors? I really should ahve started this earlier in the summer!

To be honest i actually bought my medium thinking it was super soil built for our great plant. It was only after the first couple of weeks that someone chimed in on here and corrected me. OOPS. Luckily for me i had everything i needed to crack on using the coco. Ideally, any future grow, id like to go with soil.

Im also now worried about the weather and am thinking of moving things indoors, how do you think plants will cope with the switch to an LED indoors? I really should ahve started this earlier in the summer!
The switch will shock them a bit, but gradually introduce them to the L.E.D over a 5 day period. Start off with 3 hours the first day then 5 the next then 8 then 12. After the 5th day you should be good to go and she will take. Just ensure you have similar conditions indoors to out.. circulation and temp/RH control is key in brining a outdoor plant indoors.

As you do this, post some pics and I'll help ya out throughout the week step by step ;) :green_heart: :snowboating: :slide:

Sweet, will give this a go. My light and double reflective material arrives tomorrow. Im doing a DIY tent so i probably wont get to building that until Saturday of this week but the days are bright until then so that should be fine. Also gives a me a chance to do as you say and slowly introduce them to the LED over the weekend. I think i hvae everything else i need.... other than more nutes if i should be watering more than i have been!

Will definitely keep you posted, thanks man! :rollit::Namaste::thanks::thumb::headbanger:

@Wallanaise the Haze

I’ve said it before and I will say it again. It is nearly impossible to over water in coco.

It is a soil less compound, that’s considered a hydroponic grow. That thread about water long you read of emilyas, is in strictly soil.

I’ve read many many times, that coco needs to be fed everyday, because the coco doesn’t retain the nutrient intake.

When I grew in coco, your right I never watered daily either.

What I was saying, is that you can water everyday and not harm the plant...

Root rot? In hydro? Nah man! Roots live in water bro.

The OP is growing in Canna Terra Professional. According to their website it is peat moss and different types of tree bark. It doesn't appear to have any coco in it. So would you water it the same as coco?

From their website:

"CANNA Terra Professional Plus is made from raw materials of the highest quality. Exclusive, high grade ingredients such as airy peat moss and different types of tree bark (as a substitute for perlite) are components of CANNA Terra Professional Plus."

They have a special line of nutes for it too.

They have a separate coco line with nutes for it also.

The OP is growing in Canna Terra Professional. According to their website it is peat moss and different types of tree bark. It doesn't appear to have any coco in it. So would you water it the same as coco?

From their website:

"CANNA Terra Professional Plus is made from raw materials of the highest quality. Exclusive, high grade ingredients such as airy peat moss and different types of tree bark (as a substitute for perlite) are components of CANNA Terra Professional Plus."

They have a special line of nutes for it too.

They have a separate coco line with nutes for it also.

Im not in Canna Terra. Im in Canna Coco Professional Plus, i just checked the bag to make sure. I think I said in an earlier post that i was in Canna Terra, which was wrong. This is the one...

CANNA CANADA

E19CDBDE-7298-4E59-B3B2-ED93C92CC824.png

And also.... is that pistils i see?

1E83D4CF-8C05-4DB8-AC4C-6234D1D2A581.jpeg

OK. Gotcha. Yeah, in your first post you said you were in Canna Terra. Not sure how much difference the water between the two is. I've seen videos on YT where people use peat, coco and pine bark fines interchangeably as a soil admendment.

Yes it does look like pistils. Woo Hoo!!! :yummy:

UPDATE:

Hi All, got a bit of busy weekend ahead this week so thought id throw over a grow update so i dont have to worry about it tomorrow. They have all become very thirsty this week, last week the pots were taking a few days to dry out but this week they seem to be pretty much dry after a day or 2 so daily watering is soon to become a thing i think. My only concern at this stage is Bubbles (White Widow 2). For some reason shes turned out like the runt of the litter, very short and not putting much veg compared to Blossom and Buttercup. Nothing is different, she has been in the same environment as the other two but shes lacking the growth ive seen from the other 2.

Moving on to the pictures....

Blossom (she the best performer at the moment in terms of growth):

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg

Buttercup (she has really taken off in recent days and pistils are now showing on her too):

4.jpg5.jpg6.jpg

Finally, the runt of the litter, Bubbles (also, Herbie appears to have given up on her):

7.jpg8.jpg9.jpg

As discussed this week, I am planning on making the move indoors over the next week as our autumn (or, fall, to you guys) appears to be starting a bit early this year with single digit night time temperatures on the way, sods law when i try my first grow. Anyway, my light and reflective material arrived yesterday, ive maxxed out the attachments in this post so will need to start another one.....

..... so, heres a few shots of what im going to be working with:

1.jpg2.jpg3.jpg4.jpg

As mentioned in a previous post, I plan on using the greenhouse i have as the frame and then lining the inside with the double reflective material. That will be work on Saturday/Sunday between many other things. I will send a couple of shots once sorted, i might need some tips from you guys to make sure everything is set up correctly in there before i make the move.

So heres the build finished...

16B37FB3-2A63-46AF-825E-81ECD8A133A8.jpeg

Unfortunately, i wasnt able to phase the plants under the light today as i was unaware the light would be so god damn bright. Theres no way i can run the thing in the shed even in broad daylight so ive had to order some blackout material. This wont come until next week at some point so I'm going to have to chance the weather and bring them in the house in the evenings. Aside from that, i think everything has been covered, i managed to set up the following:

-Light with a WIFI timer switch (the times can be set on my phone and i can remotely turn these switches on and off too).
-Small 135w ceramic greenhouse tubular heater with a temperature switch. The thermometer is inside the tent at pot level with the switch outside so it can be viewed.
-Fan at pot level, although might need one more in there higher up?

Carbon filter is on the list......

Any thoughts of any of this? I welcome any advice/changes before i make the move. Being a shed, the humidity seems quite low in there which is great for the plants as they're entering flowering now.

:ganjamon::headbanger::goof:

Light with a WIFI timer switch (the times can be set on my phone and i can remotely turn these switches on and off too).

Very cool!

although might need one more in there higher up?

The one might be fine. I’ve got one fan for my three plants. It used to be for two plants but I built my tent to be bigger and can fit three or four in it now.

i was unaware the light would be so god damn bright. Theres no way i can run the thing in the shed even in broad daylight so ive had to order some blackout material.

Lol yep! :nerd-with-glasses:

They bright! Aren’t they? :laugh:

What did you get for black out material?

The light can be hard on your eyes as well, they make some LED safety glasses when you put them on it looks like normal day light. It’s actually kinda trippy. I didn’t know what to expect after buying them. Glad I did, it also somewhat works looking through them with my camera as well.

They bright! Aren’t they? :laugh:

What did you get for black out material?

So bright!! I had no idea. I switched it on remotely last night while i was stood in the house just to see what it looked like at night and my shed instantly looked like a permanent fixture in Amsterdams red light district!

I just bought some blackout curtain lining. Supposedly it wont let any light through. My thinking was to pull the build out from the corner of the shed this week at some point and using velcro tape, make the build opaque. I will only run the light during daylight hours so it doesnt have to be perfect.

Hi guys, i have a question about the LED light and its VEG and BLOOM switches.

Being that im running autos, is an issue to haveveg and bloom switched on at the same time? From my research, it seems that they thrive on light so the more i can give them the better. Perhaps @Elmer Fud can advise? I havent actually started the transition yet because of hiw bright the LED is (will be fixed next week) but i wanna get my ducks in a row so to speak so i know what my plan of action is going to be.

:lot-o-toke::Namaste::thanks:

Normally with photoperiod plants, you would optimally use more blue lights for the vegetative period and more red lights for your plant during the flowering period. With auto-flowering strains, you can follow the same principle by using the blue lights before the plant has showed signs of its gender, and then switch to more red lights once you see the first signs of gender.

Oh wait, I’m not elmerfud I should have let him answer, as you will take his word over anyone else’s.

I bought panda film for my tent. It’s great black out material and a great white reflective material on the inside. I wrapped my tent with it when I built it.

Oh wait, I’m not elmerfud I should have let him answer, as you will take his word over anyone else’s.

Not necessarily man, he just seemed helpful when i was posting things about moving them indoors.

I will take any answer from anyone experienced and give it a go!

So based on your answer, bearing in mind all 3 are showing pistils, is to get them in the tent and crack on with veg and bloom switches at the same time! Thanks

Panda film? Never heard of it, will have a look!

So based on your answer, bearing in mind all 3 are showing pistils, is to get them in the tent and crack on with veg and bloom switches at the same time! Thanks

It’s up to you man. Give it a try with both switches. Best of both worlds I guess.

Let’s see if anyone else has an opinion here.

Back
Top Bottom