First Timer - Soil - 600W LED - White Widow & Candy Cane Autos - 2x4x7 Tent

Day 33 - (Morning) Land of confusion.

Overview: So temps were good 70-77 as usual, RH.. now RH was better was little better in last 24hr worth of readings at 40-63%, that low of 40 was a period when I tried out running my AC dry function last night for an hour or so twice a few hours apart. I figured the room itself has probably absorbed some moisture so maybe help it along in the coming down process. That was the thought anyway, problem is once it hits temperature it kicks off...anyway it got the outside room down to like 36, which translated into the tent in low 40's for awhile. Generally without it on and the lights on and humidifier off it sits around 50, and I guess around 60 when lights are out.

I'm not happy beyond plants adding to the tent RH, I think I know why my outside room now fluxs more, it's cause this new ac unit isn't internally sealed from outside as well as the past unit was, so some of that crazy high air is leaking in... fml. Tired of fighting with this a small dehumidifier is on it's way to me, I refused to go with one of those large one for now that pull mega amps. We'll how it performs when it arrives. Today I removed the humidifier from the tent, really don't think I'm gonna need it ever again this cycle, I doubt it being in there and 'off' yesterday was adding any RH, we'll see.

Anyway I got new problems as I open the tent today, all with Miss Cane :
1: I noticed this last night too a little but didn't over think it. I noticed no real growth last night. I noticed no real growth this morning, not in height (clearly 0 activity there) and far as I could tell really not much elsewhere either. So either I got lying eyes or there are maybe problems.

2: Additionally my ladies this morning are look very tired and very droopy... and crispy\bubbly\semi-wind burnt'ish even more so than usual, like they're begging for water (I checked they don't need any, probably not tomorrow either).
Now I noticed that a little last night too but thought maybe they were just adjusting to a little lower RH, and as part of all that I turned on that added clip-on fan last night that I previously mentioned putting in there but not turning on... All I can think is that they really didn't like the additional wind... so I've turn it off for now. You will see in the pics.. though keep in mind some of those leaves I've actually bent down\tucked down for better light penetration previously (though I didn't touch them today).

3: There is a fan leave with two areas of brown spots near the top. Now noticed some minor discolor day after watering in one of those spots, but I thought it was maybe I some how splashed some water on it... but I really don't think I did and I was really careful about that this time, but possible still I guess. Anyway I noted it then, but same leaf has new are that I know was not there then.

4: There was part of a very bottom leaf that was seriously discolored, that I should have probably chopped off or in half during my clipping session the other day, anyway I spotted it today and clipped off half of it.. it wasn't dead\dead but it was going to be. Personally like that other one the other day that was growing on the ground, this was doing close to the same though technically not on dirt like the other one, but mashed up a bit with others. My guess is not nute stuff but sitting on moist soil all bunched up previously wasn't something it liked, all the leaves around it looked either normal or very close like the rest\normal.

Guess time for the pics.

Top Shot:

Miss Cane:

Sides: jesus h.. you look haggard this morning baby, you up drinking all night?

Closeups:

Mrs Widow:

Sides: Jesus who beat you up? I've seen this once before early on.

Closeups: minus drooping and more wrikled look today otherwise look ok to me.
Oh and she looking female to me.

Couple Miss Cane under more normal lighting.

The droop\curl - This may be too much wind, I killed the new fan this morning, we'll see if they look better in that regard later today after a good nap. Maybe they all pissed off after the cut session the other day, would have though they would have been more pissed at me the day following it though. Hard time believing they'd react this way to 5-10pt avg drop in humidity.

The brown\golden spots - I don't know, sort of looks like lack of calcium to me, which would really piss me off because they've been getting cal-mag supplemented in their ever since the first water. I have to image 2.0ml per gallon is enough, I mean I can go 100% to 2.5 I guess. What that really suggests to me though is maybe it's not being taken up, which means I have ph problem... in CC of all people who's been pretty good about being > 6.2 < 6.7 in run off. Confused.

I don't think it's light burn... pointing down, not uniform in anyway at top that I can see..etc.. for shits and giggled I moved everything up an inch or two so anyway to ~26" on CC and the sides up another inch.

IDK... see how things develop in next 24-48hr I guess, this weekend should involve another water maybe sunday.. maybe I should flush the crap out of both of them (or at least CC) before starting the flower mixture at like 25%.

Day 34 - (noon) minor improvements

Overview - Temps good last 24 70-77, RH much better in 40-56% range. No growth on Miss Cane (maybe tiny bit .10inch), some minor growth on Mrs. Widow (.25-.35") last 24hr. Killing that third fan seems to have helped whatever was going on but only in minor way. I don't think I've spotted new deficiency spotting on any new leaves, but on the leaves effected I think I see more \ it spreading. Pots are not dry yet, so can't water\don't need water, though they should be closer to ready tomorrow morning, so probably tomorrow night, which would be on schedule. I ran the ac's dry function for about 4 hours during sleep time yesterday, and for an hour or so last night, probably why the RH peak dropped. New toys should start arriving today.

CC: ~9.25" and WW: ~10.25" (measured to highest top from soil)
Light distance for main 600w light: cc: ~25" ww:~24"; low watt angle lights: cc: 22-24"; ww: 21-22"

Top shot:

Miss Cane:

Last two are close ups of the spots themselves, took like 50 pics...2 ended up clear enough. lol
FML..and shaky hands, I gotta say using any scope on left still on the plant is frustrating as hell
to me to the point where it just makes me pissed off. I couldn't notice any flower progress in
last 24hr really either, if there was it was too minor to notice

Anyway she looks as droopy as ever, if not the worst I've ever seen her, close.

Miss Widow:

She looks fair amount better than yesterday to me despite the droop, it's less pronounced in some
areas vs. others. Definitely _not the worst I've every seen her, and she did seem to grow a
little overnight, not much but little height (maybe that was just cause I raise the lights yesterday),
and idk maybe little more girth in the budlets areas. Definitely looks female to me, I did a
pretty extensive check for balls today I didn't see any, mostly just thin white hairs coming from
joint areas... so we got that going for us.... FOR NOW... haha

The plan re: Miss Canes spotting IDK.

Really trying not to over react to them, really don't like that I think I'm seeing it spread at least on the leaves it's on.
I did a 1/2 assed check for pests today on both plants.. just a picked a couple leaves on both plants and where leaves
looked a little different or had what I wasn't sure was dust\d-earth particles etc or bugs...etc. eyeballed tops and bottoms of said leaves, I maybe did 12-14 in total with the usb microscope .. I didn't find anything, everything I thought might be something was just dust or dirt particles. OMG I'm so going to do the "washing" method prior to hanging my harvest... if there is a harvest, at least with 80% of it anyway.

Considering three main options on Miss Cane:

1. Tomorrow or when ever the next watering is..throw 10gallons of distilled-phd to ~6.5 through CC first. Then wait like 30 min and run a 1 gallon of her flower nutes mix at 25% + 100% calmag dose vs normal 80%, ph final gallon to 6.5-6.7. If tail end of 10 gallon mini-flush is ph'ing in low 6's add pinch or two of new dolomite powder to final gallon and ph it a little higher at 6.7-6.8.

2. Tomorrow or when ever the next watering is throw 10 gallons of evaporated tap water ph'd to 6.5 through CC first. Then wait like 30min and run a gallon of her flower nute mix at 25% + 100% calmag dose vs normal 80%; ph final gallon to 6.5-6.7. If tail end of 10 gallon mini-flush is ph'ing in low 6's add pinch or two of new dolomite powder to final gallon and ph it a little higher at 6.7-6.8.

[The reasoning in my mind for the lite-flush is more than just the calcium thing (or what I think is calcium def.) it's also cause the exit ppm's on her last water were much higher than the WW and 8x what I was putting in, and I'm guessing it might be helpful to actually get some extra nitro out of her now that she's in flower mode, sort of help reset the balance a bit. I'd borderline rather have to feed her more nutes going forward than have unknown amount of whatever lingering in the soil. #2 tap-water version is about maybe it being good for her to get some trace elements...idk maybe pointless..but it is the cheaper version and I do have about 10 gallons of evap tap sitting around ready for this emg case]

3. Just give her normal on schedule first flower dose at 25%-30% + 100% calmag dose + pinch of NEW dolomite lime powder (which also btw has some cal and mag in it..wish it didn't actually), use distilled as usual, ph'd to higher end of range 6.7-6.9, ideally 6.8. The idea being calcium not absorbed as well in lower 6's so make sure at least water running through is above 6.5. though make sure it's not above 6.9.

I was leaning toward #3 last night.. now I'm giving #1 and #2 more thought this morning, yesterday I really though maybe I just fked up and spilled some water more than I thought in spots... but if that were true it wouldn't seem to be be spreading, and I spilled nute water before on plants, it got a spots sure, but they were not like florescent bronze in color, more muted brown\yellow.

As for Mrs.Widow:
Staying on course with first flower dose at ~33% + 80% calmag dose (2ml per gallon) + pinch of new dolomite lime powder (more soluble than my personally grinder'd up version i think); ph to 6.6-6.8. Pray for run off in 6.4-6.6 range. lol Little bit of debating with myself if I should mini-flush her with maybe 5gallons too to just to help reset things as she moves more into flower... heavily leaning toward leaving her alone and just staying the course, keep telling myself just do the minimum till have specific reason not to, then again I know in general time-line she is about 1 week behind CC (7week flw vs 8week flw)...so rather cut off any coming problems before they get going.

The droop...
idk wtf I did to cause this, maybe they really didn't like the 1 gallon of water the other day even though it's not like it was that much more than last time (28% run off), and decided to wait a day+ to show that to me?? Anyway they are 13.2 and 13.8lbs at the moment.. this is usually the range\day where I see good growth spurt...and when they usually look the best 13-14 not happening though.
I have a real hard time believing they don't like the relatively minor lowering of humidity, I mean while sleeping it's definitely 5-10% lower than they were used too, but during lights on it's really only been about a avg drop of 5%. I don't buy it as the cause, and even if is, tough shit because I don't really want to see it above 50% anymore, but that's generally where it's been sitting during lights on every time I pop my head in, 47-52%. The range btw at the tip top of the tent itself which barely ever moved for weeks and I consider a super stable reading has gone from 43-65%-24hr to 39-54%-24hr over last week.

idk I fked with the main forced air incoming duct today a little.. tiny adjustment to send less air toward the middle of the two plants directly...now that rh is little lower... I doubt that is causing anything, I'd tweaked that about week ago to get more cool air floating up near that one 78-79f warm spot on CC I mentioned before, and to get more air-flow into lower part of bush where sh1t was all bunched up and tucked.

We'll see how the next 24hr goes, I'm not expecting any improvements, I'm expecting more problems if anything haha.

They will droop away from a light thats too intense as well, have you lowered the lights recently?

Nope, in fact I've raised them 2" (both main ones and side\angle lights) since I first started seeing this just to see if that was it, in fact on CC it's probably closer to 3" up on the side lights.

Think I should try going up another inch or so.. say 26-27" from tops on WW (27-28 on CC)?

You could try, just to rule it out.
Thanks for that advice. They're asleep right now, but I will do that tonight just after they wake up later.

I'll up them another solid 2" on every light which if anything I think that point would rule it out as in the case of CC it would be higher than mfg recommended and at the very top end of mfg recommended on WW. That is sure to rule it out I think (?) as it'll have been a ~4" rise since it started with minimal if any plant height growth during that time on the main and arguably 5" on side lighting in CC's case who has the droop even worse than WW who is closer to lights.

Btw I forgot to mention another random theory... that they didn't like the low dose of Silica-Blast I added in the last watering, or it interacted in a way that was not good for them at their stage. Seems unlikely to me but can't rule it out.
I will not be using that again this next coming water (was not planning too anyway).

In fact I may not use it again this grow even though I read it can\should still be used in flower but also read most of it's benefits are seen in veg.... so figured just eliminate a possible problem and not use it for awhile or at all. I will say though it did seem to help with getting them to drain faster, or that was just a cowinkydink.

Whatever just documenting that to myself with this post.

I knew I'd read parts of this before knight, i just hadn't subbed in properly. How much cal mag do you generally give. I was using it a bit but I found it contributed to burn as it's nitrogen based (mine is) or what not, and now I'm scared to use.

The leaves discolouration and droop is quite odd. I hope it changes soon. Maybe it was the silica stuff, if it's been smooth sailing and you introduced it maybe your hunch is right?

I knew I'd read parts of this before knight, i just hadn't subbed in properly. How much cal mag do you generally give. I was using it a bit but I found it contributed to burn as it's nitrogen based (mine is) or what not, and now I'm scared to use.

The leaves discolouration and droop is quite odd. I hope it changes soon. Maybe it was the silica stuff, if it's been smooth sailing and you introduced it maybe your hunch is right?

Thanks for subbing in.

As for cal-mag, I've been giving 2ml per gallon in every single feeding (including no-nute feedings), brand is Magi-cal, and schedule calls for 2.5ml per feeding 0 in off feed cycle watering, but I did it anyway cause I've been using distilled.

Yeah maybe it was the silica.. idk, or maybe there were just pent-up ph problems only surfacing now for whatever reason, find that odd cause while I've had some PH issues (low 6's), it's actually the CC plant whos been the better of the two, WW had a couple discharges in the high 5's.

Stay tuned. Writing this mornings report now. It's flush time for both me thinks tonight.

I've never been able to fully understand what cal mag does exactly? I was just told to get it. I'll re introduce it a 1/5 th strength though and see how I go.

Day 35 (morning 8am) - No seriously daddy we're hungry as a mofo?

Overview:
Temps were good again 70-77f (you getting tired of reading that every day huh), RH was the same as prior day 40-63, though I will say yesterday was drier day here and the avg in checking in on the tent was few pts lower I never saw it higher than 50, and at plant level it was more like avg of 48... This is much more what I'd like to keep it at. fking amz lied, my dehumidifier will not be here till Tuesday, was supposed to arrive yesterday, looks like that will only be needing to kick on during sleep when it spikes >50, which is fine by me, till final two weeks anyway when I'll and crank it down to 30...doubt I'll be able to maintain <40 though, esp during sleep time.

Measurement wise again there wasn't really any growth to speak of in last 24hr. I jacked up all lights another 2" around 8pm last night. Girls look about the same to me this morning, maybe the slightest hair on the better side, ww got some more pistols here and there ..I think.

Before I get going let's just get the daily pics out of the way.

Top shots:

Miss Cane:

Sides:

Closeups: So I found another leaf that has some more spots.. that I'm 95% sure were not there yesterday. Oh yeah those bottom pot level leaves... yeah we'll get to those bottom leaves later - not good, it's not like they're new-new but they have gotten worse in last 48hr, which means to me wasn't cause they got drenched, most of those were no hanging at soil level anyway even if they did.

Mrs Widow:

Sides

Closeups: That last one is kind of new.. now that leaf had a tear on it before...but still, I found another like it slowly dying near the base of the main steam too, not pictured though, all buried and twisted, and another that was off-color yellowgreen like it was maybe lacking nitro.

So pics are out of the way, let the real rambling begin.

Now on to the good news and the bad news as I stuck an anal probe up both girl's asses this morning and here are some findings:

First off the girls got weighed 3 times each this am, both on my digital scale (which sometimes can be a little...questionable - ie.. stick the same thing on it 3 times in a row it give you the same anwser, step on it weighing yourself...then off and throw the plant on again and get a different reading by 1/3rd of lbs...but I digress..lets just say I have system to counter that). 3 measurements on digital (2 normal, third me holding them and doing math without holding them) and then 2 on the manual scale... same idea.

Can not believe my eyes this morning. Yesterday they like 13.5 on avg (cc: 13.2 and ww:13.5 actually). Today they were cc: 12.4 ww 12.2... and while the manual scale is a little harder to gauge 1/4ths or 1/2.. it confirms they're are both at or below 13. They both lost a ton of water over night, or yesterdays reading were higher than what was reality. Also it's weird that's the first time ever CC was heavier than WW, even if only by a faction that's a first cause we've established that pot is ~0.5lb heavier due to bottom rock differences.

Bottom line the be-otchs really do want some water...at least today, but I can't start the process this morning and finish in time for sleep.. actually I sort of could...but we'll get to why I'm gonna wait till this evening.

So after inspecting up their skirts even more than yesterday I came across some unhealthy leaves near the bottom of each plant... these definitely were leaves I've fucked with over time, bending and tucking etc, and at times I know they got wet with nute splash etc.. however that's not really the sort of issues I was seeing with them, today they were looking like they were straight dying.. not burnt a little in spots, some others nearby while still 'good' under closer inspection are lighter green and suggest to me whatever is wrong is starting at the bottom and moving up...and I'm not expert but I got that Jorge-cervanties def-chart on speed dial and seems nitro or K related, and on WW... early signs of similar or..mag.

Bottom line either I'm feeding them nearly enough, or they're not taking up what's there on I think multiple fronts, which would explain some of the confusion and mixed signals.

So I've decided is Flush Flush time for both of them. Now yesterday I put out some more tap-water to evap, knowing this might be coming.. thing is I need another 6-8hr to hit the 24hr mark on those added gallons, I have 10, and 8 more cooking. I have 20 gallons of distilled on hand.. and in pinch I could create 2 more with my zero-water filter pitcher by tonight probably.

So action plan is to water as follows 30-45min after they wake up, so about 8pm tonight, they will be starving really bad for water at that point, they probably are right now actually, never seen either below 12.4, and they'll probably be 11.x tonight.

Specifically I'm thinking to do the following. [keep in mind these are '5gallon' pots]

1. Yank Miss Cane from her bed and throw her in the bathtub, and start feeding her 7-8 gallons of evaporated bubbled tap ph'd to 6.5-6.6. I will do the first 1000-1500ml gently.. wait about 5-10minues... and then just go to town none stop with water.. pausing really only long enough to let stuff bubble down.
2. I will then wait up to 20min and check recent run off at that point for PH and PPM. (if I see ppm > 500 still she getting another gallon or two)
3. Then she will get 5 gallons of distilled water ph'd to 6.5-6.6 ( unless prior ph test was <6.4, which case I will up the in-water to 6.7-6.8)
4. After giving her a chance to drain I will get a sample of ph and ppms on the tail end of that second set of 5 gallons. I will pray it's damn close to what I was last putting in.

5. Then I let her sit while I do a final ph on 2 gallons of 50% flower nute mixture for her. If ph was still low coming out, I'm gonna top coat her 1st inch of soil with dolomite lime (without going nuts, probably couple tsp or less of sprinkle), and I'll use dolo as my 'ph-up' for the mixture in both gallons till it's 6.8. The mixture will include 140% dose of magi-call which will be 3.5ml per gallon and if anything I'll error on the high side of that when measuring.

[Keep in mind 'bottle instructions' vs technaflora 'recipe for success' don't always match, ie schedule is generally already slightly diluted from bottles, for example bottle says 5ml of magi-cal per gallon, so 2.5 is actually only half strength on the 'schedule'. By comparison bottle of Botanical cal-mag say 3.5ml per gallon]

6. I will deliver the first gallon of nutes to her more or less as fast as possible. I will deliver the second gallon to her slightly more controlled manner.. ie 1000ml'ish at 5min intervals. This will complete ~15 gallons threw her.

7 - Then I will basically do the exact same thing for WW, with WW though I may go 3.25-3.75ml of magi-cal on her....depends on how the ph out is after flush and how much dolomite powder I end up throwing at her as it has some mag and cal in it too. I'd rather over-do it slightly on cal\mag than under...but don't want to go too overboard either. Why plan is slightly different is WW has always been the 'lower' one when it came to exit water ph.

Net result should be something on the order of 650-750 ppm I think going in... before dolo or ph\up\down etc. Success schedule calls for ~1450.. (on soil feed\water\water; but me doing feed\water\feed\water)
Basically they each will of had 15 gallons of ph'd water through them, 13 basically clean and 2 with decent dose of flower nute mixture. That ppm number is actually still lower than the 800 plus her run-off was in last watering.

Why not 15 gallons of all nuted up water?
Cause right or wrong that seems a complete and utter waste of nutes to me, someone correct me if it's a major mistake but I think I can get by with just adding them toward the end of the flush.

Why the evap-tap combo instead of all distilled?
a) I only have so much distilled and it seems kind of a waste, and only have so much on-hand...I'm open to someone telling me using some evap-tap is stupid or to reverse the order and... I can always run to wally world and get some more this afternoon i guess - though they do run out sometimes - which is why I try to keep 20 on hand.

b) I'm less using it to flush salt build up as I am just trying to get existing nutes out, and my tap water is pretty soft to begin with ~40ppm, also I think throwing some trace elements of tap water at them at this point may not be all that bad a thing.

c) It's cheaper and less of a pain atm..and I've had the 10 gallons evap-tap sitting around for 10 or so days doing nothing (I've thrown the air-bubbler in each bucket every so often for a few hours). Again if it's a big mistake I'll re-think it, I'm not one to take a high risk over not running to the store and throwing another 20$ down if it's really a big risk.

What else...hmm...
IDK to me it seems maybe I've had a lingering lower ph issue, and it was fine or close enough for veg, but now in full flower (CC and soon WW) it's showing more? Or Silica Blast did something throwing it off..which makes no sense to me, run off was finally almost where I wanted it last water, had thought I could finally stop worrying about it so much. haah joke was on me.

Or none of this... and everything is just fine they just need some more cal-mag and more nutes in general and they want water, and those lower leaves dying are mostly me bending\tucking\tearing\touch and getting them wet at times. Seems less likely to me personally given all drooping, I get the feeling I was getting way with low 6's in veg and now that it's time for more use of things that need 6.3+ to get used it's showing problem, but that maybe confirmation bias as it's been on my mind for weeks. In any case the flush shouldn't really hurt, though I've been trying avoid doing one unnecessarily.

Bla bla bla I'm gonna stfu now and go start prepping for tonight... wash all my stuff and calibrate all my sh1t yet again, I may start mixing the basic nutes just to get that out of the way. I'm so paranoid I'm gonna use all 3 ph-pens I have tonight on each sample, gonna rip my hair out though if they each show a different result for same sample, at least 2 of them though are from same mfg. lol

I've never been able to fully understand what cal mag does exactly? I was just told to get it. I'll re introduce it a 1/5 th strength though and see how I go.

It adds calcium and magnesium (and usually a tiny bit of iron), tap water sometime has enough in it for hps grows I read, but LED's tend to make the plant use\crave more apparently (as do certain strains), so combine that with distilled or R/O water (which doesn't have any in it) and that's why most people add it in varying doses. If I'd properly mixed in a little dolomite lime (usually has mag and cal in it in a 2:1 ratio) with my soil mix before day 0, I probably wouldn't have to add as much cal-mag now, and probably have slightly higher more stable soil ph.

I'd like to say something and it may be a case of "what do I know" but....keep it simple and try not to over think what may be a problem. I mean no offence or negativity what so ever

Day 36 (overnight\early morning) - Rub a dub dub, tired old man flushing in the tub.

Overview:
Envirnoment stable overnight...yadda yadda. I started the flush process with CC around 8:20pm last night, it's about 6am now I just wrapped up (actually 5am..but there was a first pass on cleaning needing to be done). I'm gonna try and keep these brief on the front end cause I'm about to pass out, need food and sleep. I flushed Miss Cane per my plan. I did not flush WW per my plan, I stopped it after about the first 2 gallons on evap'd tap and just feed her 1 gallon of nutes heavy on the cal-mag.

Pics - (post activities) - just a handful today.

Topshot and other:

Shower time beotch. (cc about to get flushed)

Miss Cane:

Better? Of course other than the spreading of all the rusty spots up to the point of flush
(which btw I found more leaves showing signs just before the flush grr)

Mrs. Widow:

I pray she looks at least a little better in a few hours. At least she ain't going all rust spotty
on me just yet. Hilariously though one needs more cal.... the other seems to need more mag.. lmao.

--
Now the back end..

Results...we'll see. CC first 5 gallons of evap tap of 6.5-6.6in was coming out WAY low..WAY low 5.6-5.9. The last of 8 gallons of evap tap for her going it at 6.6-6.7 came out about 6.2-6.3. The 5 gallons of distilled going in at 6.6-6.7 came out of her first around 6.3-6.4 but 6.5 by the very tail end. Then her nute mixture went in at 6.8. It came out at 6.0-6.1???? WTF! So much for progress.

**I threw my hands in the air...I waved them like I just didn't care...**
Then said... fkit... whatever I've done what I can it was already after 2am, and WW still had to be done.
I will say it was sort of fun watching the out-ppms drop with every couple gallons... and then me putting nutes threw her and watching them slowly rise again.

As for the Mrs.Widow.. she has never wanted water as bad as she did at 3am... she weighed 11.5lbs ... basically dry weight of pot.
I thought about pushing off her flush but I couldn't beotch needed water STAT.. like now now. So I started in with the first gentle gallon of evap-tap ph'd to 6.6... it started coming out 6.4\6.5\6.4... wow that's good for once...hmm.. maybe I shouldn't flush her after all. Also looking at her under normal light for awhile, I mean I thinks she got some problems, but it could be just simply not-enough-nutes. Her out ppms on that first gallon were ~400.. last time they were ~700. So I said fuck this shit, I'm exhausted, and frankly she's not in as bad shape problem wise as CC... so maybe she needs a flush, maybe she doesn't, can always do it in 4 days. I then just gave her 1 gallon nute... slowly 6-700ml at time, waiting a few minutes between. Point was since she was wet, I wanted the nutes to have a chance to stay... sure enough it worked... by the end the exit ppms were up to around low 7xx, I was putting ~820 in.

Dragged the haggard bitch back into the grow tent, I must say though, in the hour or two I was working on WW, and the CC was back under the lights, She looked better... not 100%, not 80%.. but better, some of higher most leaves were like straight out for first time in 4 days, I actually had started to notice that EVEN before I put her back under the lights, she actually seemed to enjoy the bath. WW the jury is out, didn't look better, but then again CC was out of the tent getting bathed for like 6hr, WW for only 1-2.

Bad news, I was careless (not really I was quite careful) I ripped some small leaf from somewhere on CC at some point during all the watering, honestly couldn't even find were it was from, sadly it wasn't a shitty leaf either it was a really healthy one. grr.

More bad news.. I broke a god damn ph pen... one of the new Jellas one... motherfk bulb just up and broke while lightly shaking it, I'm so pissed, that's what you get for 14$ I guess, my 20$ one I can't even recall the brand atm...but much as I moan about it, it's made better.

Log data dump:

CC Flush-oh-nightmare:
Evaporated bubbled tap 5 gallons ph'd to 6.5-6.6 ppm's in ~45
Evaporated tap 3 gallons ph'd 6.5- 6.6 ppms in ~43
Nute = distilled flower mix at 50% + 120% calmag (3.5ml + pinch of dolomite) ~820ppm ~801ppm (2 gallons were slight different)
Nute water ph'd to 6.7-6.8.

1st gallon out sample: 5.6\5.78 in tray 650ppm; 5.68\5.8 direct(cup) ppm 750

gallons 3-5 out samples:
tray: ph 6.0\6.08 ppm 450 direct:6.0\6.11 ppm-400
gallon 6: tray: ph 6.1\6.18 ppm: 265 direct:6.0\6.20 ppm:270
gallon 8: tray: ph 6.2/6.30 ppm:115 direct: ph 6.2 / 6.33 - ppm:105
last 1000 ml tail of gallon 8 : tray: ph 6.51\6.6 ppm:110 direct: ph 6.6\ 6.54 - ppm:110

First exit of distilled gallon 1:
tray: ph 6.4\6.21 ppm:120 direct: ph 6.4\ 6.30 - ppm:60
Middle gallon of distilled: - tray: ph 6.4\6.52 direct-6.3\6.31 ppm both ~40
Last exit of distilled gallon 5:
tray: ph 6.5\6.6\6.4 ppm: direct: ph 6.6\ 6.51 - ppm both: ~40

Exit of first gallon of nutes: tray: 6.1\6.11 ppm 385 direct: 6.1\6.05 ppm 407
Exit of second gallon of nute: tray:6.1\6.09 ppm 764 direct:6.1\6.08 ppm 785

WW aborted flush:
Evaporated bubbled tap 5 gallons ph'd to 6.5-6.6 ppm's in ~43 (only about 1.5-2.0 used)
Nute = 1 gallon distilled flower mix at 50% + 120% calmag (3.6ml + 2 pinchs of dolomite 1pinch new stuff 1pinch old stuff) ~825ppm
Nute water ph'd to 6.7-6.83.

First gallon or two out: tray: 6.4\6.44 ppm 351 direct: 6.4\6.48 ppm 348
First gallon or two out tail: tray: 6.4\6.46 ppm 340 direct: 6.4\6.51 ppm 320
-ABORTED-

First runoff from nutes: tray: ph 5.9\6.06 ppm 490 direct: ph 6.0\6.09 ppm 510
Last bulk runoff from nutes: tray: ph 6.0\6.11 ppm 745 direct: ph 6.0\6.1 | 6.13\6.08 ppm 765

--- end disaster--
--- end log --

As for the 6.0\6.1 at end of both, idk. It's like the soil sucked out all my ph-up fluid and excreted the water without it... cause prior to ph'ing the nute water is around 5.90-6.0

I don't know what to make of that in both cases... In CC's by the end of the flush what was going in was more or less coming out the same (minus ~0.1'ish), same for the evap-tap at beginning of WW. Yet nute water ph'd to .1 higher than everything else yet put in on average suddenly comes out .8 lower.

Gotta be kidding me. Who's stealing my ph-up...the soil? and only in the case of the nutes meeting soil? FML FML FML.
I'm not mad, but jesus h that all seemed like a big waste of time right now, hopefully it will not seem like that in few hours.

So that was my 9 hour adventure folks... probably right back to square one, only I for sure spilled more nutes on lower leaves this time.
Gonna cross my fingers, and pray when I go in later to suck up some small amount of residual drainage that they both look better. For now I'm off to have dinner and then breakfast and maybe catch a nap, then clean up some residual water and maybe Mist the living shit out of the girls lower skirt area with distilled ph'd to 6.5 trying to clean those leaves up before lights out, ...if I don't nap though it which I probably will.

Oh and that new dolomite lime power I thought would be more soluble than my own personal grind'd up version... NOPE, my shit dissolves like 85-90% with some hard shakes of gallon, even if you let it settle most of it stays dissolved, this super fine baby power crap.. doesn't dissolve pretty much at all.. maybe 10-15%. It's fine though I have it for "next time" to add to the soil directly before day 0, still though that was disappointing.

Day 36 - (evening pm) - Back on Track for now.

Just before the babies went to be bed I regetted not using even more cal-mag in their waterings, 3.5ml each; probably should have used 5-8 this water to help play catch up. That said since I was going to spray them down anyway...hey why not throw some magi-cal and sugar daddy in there as well (s-daddy is primarily magnesium). So I threw 4ml of magi-cal and 4ml of sugar daddy in gallon of distilled ph'd to 6.58-6.61 (sort of depended how much I shook it, apparently bubbles lower ph a bit?).

I drenched the babies 15-20minutes before lights (after the side lights had gone off), both over and from under leaves with the pressure mister, and I do mean drenched.. I had to clean up excess water from trays.. and some on the walls, *giggle* was like a rain storm hit. I did try not to spray the budlets directly, but I mean they got some regardless. I shook'em to try and get a little of the excess off, zipped up the tent and ran the AC "dry" function for first 2hr of sleep, then back to cool... trying to help them want to suck it up as well as helping them dry little quicker.

Miss Cane - 9pm:

Pretty much looks as good as I've ever seen her in last two weeks... at least putting the
bottom leaves and exiting rusty stuff that will not go away aside.

Mrs. Widow - 9pm:

Looks much better, some of the twisting leaves (I mean ones were I didn't purposely tuck\twist them) untwisted themselves.
She grew a bit during nap time and her budlet areas look much more active tonight...maybe it's just my mind playing tricks, kind of doubt that changed in 7hr. Semi droop still on some but where that is case it's mostly where I been training\pushing them down over the weeks (the larger fans mid\lower as try and find way of letting light in without removing anything).

So I will not say 'in the clear', and I'll probably regret jinxing myself, but I think I'm heading back on track, I didn't notice any 'new' rusting on Miss Cane...but tomorrow morning will be a better judge.
[video=youtube;HsOJAaZ1a2A]
[/video]

I will consider moving the lights (at least the main) back down 2" tomorrow... def. don't want to touch anything tonight, but also don't want to have them too high and be missing out, that should put ww tops back around 25-26"; looks like I could do a little light bending as well tomorrow. Also, not tomorrow (they probably need a day without it), but Wednesday I'll probably foliar feed them another dose of the mixture I made, if nothing else to use some of it up...it's probably only good for week tops, then it's 5ml in every gallon of their water from here on out.

Back
Top Bottom