FishEyedFool’s First Grow, 2019

There sure are a lot of buds on that pretty little lady...

JH1 is going to fill that need nicely-you're going to get some good weight off that girl !
Thanks, carcass. Yeah, she's filling in nicely. And from the looks of it, she may be the frostiest of the bunch. She's 2 - 3 weeks behind JH1 but I believe she may be loaded with more trichomes, already...

From your keyboard to God's ears...

I'll take Oddities for $500, Alec.

This is the one place it's OK to talk about a lady's weight.

What is 420 Magazine?

Correct. To be clear that axiom only applies to lady plants.

Stupid things people say for $100.

The category is "Things stupid people say", but carry on, we shall!

I'll add I'm a natural in the latter category. :D

I'll take Oddities for $500, Alec.

This is the one place it's OK to talk about a lady's weight.

What is 420 Magazine?

Correct. To be clear that axiom only applies to lady plants.

Stupid things people say for $100.

The category is "Things stupid people say", but carry on, we shall!

:rofl: :rofl:

80 Days (above ground) and 51 Days (in flower for JH1)

Good morning, all. We share the good with the bad, right? I mean, we're not like some of my friends with a Facebook page that make posts like, "Happy Anniversary to the love of my life...I don't know where I'd be without you...blah, blah blah. When in reality, I know that they can't stand each other. Yes, and I'm still friends with him even though he has a fake Facebook life. Those people drive me crazy. Anyway, I'm not that person and I appreciate that many of you are not that person.

My son notified my wife and I last night that he's dropping out of college. He's already changed his major 3 times (which was a sign that there was trouble, I guess) and we've tried to be supportive of each direction he chose. Well, this semester he hasn't even been attending his classes and therefore is failing to the point that there is no recovery. I think that I had a near panic attack when I heard the news last night. The problem is, he has zero direction. A lot of this is stemming from depression and anxiety that he's been struggling with for a little while. He hasn't even been making his Dr. appointments with his psychiatrist, in Tuscaloosa. He's in bad shape right now. My "old school" dad instinct tells me to kick him in the ass (like my Dad would do) and tell him to get his shit together and snap out of it! Fortunately, I've been a dad long enough to know that approach is probably not the right one to take with him, at this time. I'm still processing it and trying to formulate a plan of action. Anyway, I just needed to share that for some reason - to vent a little, I guess. If I shared it with my "fake Facebook life" friend, he'd probably just tell me how perfect his kids are and how perfect his life is. And I certainly don't need that right now. Thanks for listening.

On to the update. Nothing groundbreaking to share. Just a few pictures to show the progress. I still see no real amber on JH1. I'm to the point with JH1 that many of you have experienced, I'm sure - "JUST FINISH, ALREADY!" Mostly, just because I could use the space to finish out JH2 and JH3. My lone Mars Hydro SP-250 is doing all that it can do, all by itself. I'm trying to finish this run with just the one light, but JH1 is not cooperating.

Group Pic: (JH3, JH1, JH2 from left to right)
All.jpg

JH1:
JH1.jpg

JH1 Buds:
JH1bud2.jpg
JH1bud.jpg

JH2:
JH2.jpg

JH3:
JH3.jpg

Much love, to all.

Hey Fish - Thanx for sharing....sometimes sharing is the only thing that relieves the stress. I always thought that once I hit a certain age I would have it all figured out - WRONG!!!. I also thought that once I got my kids to 18 it was over with...WRONG!!!! They are now in their mid 40's and I still stress!!! I now have 4 grandkids and I have now figured out ... IT NEVER ENDS!!!! The oldest grandchild is a beautiful 15 year old girl, so you can only imagine the stress this can cause. The deeper you care, the deeper the stress. I sure hope he can get it all under control, hang in there!!

Brother, I'm with ya. Hope you figure out how to help him. The priority, of course, is his mental well being. Very wise of you to take time to think it over.

Thanks for sharing,FEF...
once I got my kids to 18 it was over with.
I used to think that,too...but the reality is that with age comes the complicated problems...
I'm sure you'll figure out the right course of action,and hopefully he'll listen-but at his age, you never know...

Wow..

I really have to step my game up to try top these last three messages. That’s going to be hard to do!

(Sweating profusely) (knees shaking)

:bong:

Ok, I think I’m ready..

Thank you for sharing that FEF!!

I hope venting helped you feel better. Sometimes that’s the best thing to do when trying to clear your brain.

I like the kick him in the ass idea! That’ll teach him!

Lol I’m only kidding!

Like Al said, the biggest thing is he needs to be taking better care of him self and make sure his depression and mental well being, are in check.

From there, minor speed bumps are simply just pot holes! You could of swerved to miss it, but you didn’t, will have to learn from it, and maybe next time you know you need to swerve.

Everything will be fine and dandy FEF!

Just a minor pot hole!

Your plants are looking impressive as well, btw! :thumb:

Hey Fish - Thanx for sharing....sometimes sharing is the only thing that relieves the stress. I always thought that once I hit a certain age I would have it all figured out - WRONG!!!. I also thought that once I got my kids to 18 it was over with...WRONG!!!! They are now in their mid 40's and I still stress!!! I now have 4 grandkids and I have now figured out ... IT NEVER ENDS!!!! The oldest grandchild is a beautiful 15 year old girl, so you can only imagine the stress this can cause. The deeper you care, the deeper the stress. I sure hope he can get it all under control, hang in there!!
You are soooo right, Mr. greenjeans. Once he earned a full ride to the college I dreamed he would one day attend, I thought, "whew, now I can relax a little." Well, that didn't last long. The one thing that I stressed to him while he was still in high school is that I didn't care if he ever set foot on a college campus. I wanted him to choose a career path that was fulfilling to him - regardless of what his Mom and I thought he should do. I was quietly hoping he would choose a trade because, in my mind, we have a great need for good tradesmen in this country. He's very smart and I thought that he could take that brain and make one hell of a craftsman. All of that is moot, at this point. We need to get his mental health back on track. Thank you for the kind words, sir.
Brother, I'm with ya. Hope you figure out how to help him. The priority, of course, is his mental well being. Very wise of you to take time to think it over.
Thank you, Al. Those words mean a lot, brother.
I used to think that,too...but the reality is that with age comes the complicated problems...
No truer words have ever been written. Thank you, carcass. It means a lot.
I hope venting helped you feel better. Sometimes that’s the best thing to do when trying to clear your brain.
Thanks, BLS. It certainly helps me. I appreciate that y'all are here and don't seem to mind listening.
I like the kick him in the ass idea! That’ll teach him!

Lol I’m only kidding!
This is the kind of correction that I certainly respond to. After a lifetime of rearing from my military Dad, 4 years of high school football, boot camp and Airborne school, it's the approach that I'm most comfortable with. I understand, however, that this approach is not universal, especially with the youth of today. And not to mention, a today's youth that has a jumbled brain, at the moment.
Like Al said, the biggest thing is he needs to be taking better care of him self and make sure his depression and mental well being, are in check.

From there, minor speed bumps are simply just pot holes! You could of swerved to miss it, but you didn’t, will have to learn from it, and maybe next time you know you need to swerve.

Everything will be fine and dandy FEF!

Just a minor pot hole!
Many thanks, BLS. I can't explain how much it helps to read all of the kind responses...
Your plants are looking impressive as well, btw!
:circle-of-love: Thank you, my friend.

Thanks, BLS. The stress has eased some. He's back home and we have a Dr.'s appointment next week, with his psychiatrist. He's job hunting today. The worst thing for him, in my opinion, is to sit around the house with nothing to do. Idle hands and mind will just lead to him turning on himself. I don't care if he stuffs envelopes for 8 hours a day. That would be better than watching Jerry Springer (and the like) all day.

We still have a ways to go, but I feel better now that he's under our supervision, again. Bless his Mom's heart. This has been harder on her than me. She so desperately just wants a "normal kid". She has quietly carried a lot of stress on her shoulders over the past 8 - 9 years.

Thanks for checking in, my friend. I haven't had much time to stay up to date on everyone else's journals lately, but I'll get caught up soon. Much love to you all. :circle-of-love:

Thanks, BLS. The stress has eased some. He's back home and we have a Dr.'s appointment next week, with his psychiatrist. He's job hunting today. The worst thing for him, in my opinion, is to sit around the house with nothing to do. Idle hands and mind will just lead to him turning on himself. I don't care if he stuffs envelopes for 8 hours a day. That would be better than watching Jerry Springer (and the like) all day.

We still have a ways to go, but I feel better now that he's under our supervision, again. Bless his Mom's heart. This has been harder on her than me. She so desperately just wants a "normal kid". She has quietly carried a lot of stress on her shoulders over the past 8 - 9 years.

Thanks for checking in, my friend. I haven't had much time to stay up to date on everyone else's journals lately, but I'll get caught up soon. Much love to you all. :circle-of-love:

You're doing a great job. Tell Mrs FEF that we understand. Both of you take care of yourselves through this.

watching Jerry Springer (and the like) all day.

Ahh.... (sticks feet up) good ol’ jerry Springer! Got me through some boring ass mornings! :rofl:

I agree with you! He needs to stay busy because idle minds just lead to trouble.

Hope your wife takes it easy, as well as your self.

Al pretty much summed it up!

It’s great to get in and talk to someone, but that’s only half the battle. The rest will be up to him!

just wants a "normal kid".

Normal!

Define normal? Because what may seem normal to some, might be different from others. There is no, normal. It’s all simply getting by, with what you have, and making the best of it. I understand what your saying, but a person also needs to realize them selves that change is in the air, and he needs to accept it.

Have a great night FEF!!

:passitleft:

Hoping you and yours are doing well. Love ya and Roll Tide, brother!

Hoping you and yours are doing well. Love ya and Roll Tide, brother!
Thank you, brother Al. All is well. The boy is employed and his doctor's visit yesterday was encouraging. He's much like me, in that it's easy to gauge his state of mind by simply looking him in the eye. Fortunately / Unfortunately, we both have very expressive eyes (I have to wear sunglasses on poker night). I can usually tell quite easily if he's happy, exhausted, stressed or in that bad place. At least for now, he's not in the "bad place" mode. And I'll take it.

Along with all of the things that I've been dealing with on the personal side, I have been very busy at work over the past two weeks. My apologies for disappearing but if anyone will understand, I figure all of you fine people will. Family first, as always.

On the growing front - I think that a good flush is necessary. I haven't flushed yet, other than a light flush when I applied too much nitrogen several weeks ago. I have a ton of yellow leaves popping up on JH #1 and JH #3 (and even a few on JH #2). I think that I'm experiencing lockout. I'll get some pictures tonight, as I'm administering the flush. If that turns out to not be the problem, I figure a good flush can't hurt very much.

I hope all of your grows are going well. Hopefully soon, I can start playing catch up on all of your journals. I'm not going to lie, Al - you may harvest your second run before I can get current on your first journal. But that's okay. It will be a good read, nonetheless. Much love, all.

I'm glad you and your boy are doing well. You'll get the plants sorted out. Sending love and healing vibes to all of you.

Good to hear from ya Fish!!!
Thanks, Mr. greenjeans. I like the new avatar. That's pretty much what I picture you looking like. Being a "mature" man, living in the frigid northern sector of the globe, and all. Speaking of, I'll wake up to temperatures in the 40's tomorrow. Praise Jesus!

Good to see you FEF!!
I’m glad to hear everyone’s going well!
lol green jeans new avatar :laughtwo: I said something else, some where on the site, but I’ll pick a new one.

His new avatar is the face a person makes when they just can’t trust a fart!:goof:

Back
Top Bottom