Niwashi's First Grow

4/22 update

Flipped over to full flower nutes. I exhcanged aprox 25 gallons(tap) in the system and added the following nutes:

1/8 cup GH CaliMagic
1/4 cup GH Gro
1/2 cup GH Micro
3/4 cup GH Bloom
1/4 cup Advanced Nuterients Big Bud
1tbsp each part Flying Skull Z7 enzymes

PH is stable at about 6.1 and PPMs at 1115. I am going to wait until tomorrow to dial the PH to 5.8 as long as the PH doesn't go crazy, currently everything has been mixed for about 3 hours and no signs of burn or drooping on her.

The ladies are looking good. I have the King 1800W X6 Dimmable grow light, which draws 300W from the wall. I used it at full power in a 2'X 4' and got a yield of 0.47 gm/W or 141gm total from four plants. I was hoping for about 0.75 gm / W.

It's nice to see another here working at automating their grow. I just ordered some Arduino modules to control a DIY grow light. I'll work at automating feed/watering next for coco/perlite once I've got the light control done.

Thanks for the data points on your grow @Old Salt

Please let me know what you end up doing with the adurinos!

5/6 update

Plant is continuing to flower and is still running on the last batch of nutes. Buds are definitely forming and growing, but I'm wondering if I'm giving her the right things to grow.

4/22 update

Flipped over to full flower nutes. I exhcanged aprox 25 gallons(tap) in the system and added the following nutes:

1/8 cup GH CaliMagic
1/4 cup GH Gro
1/2 cup GH Micro
3/4 cup GH Bloom
1/4 cup Advanced Nuterients Big Bud
1tbsp each part Flying Skull Z7 enzymes

Do you guys think I should up the PPM or change the ratio of nutrients? Currently I'm.sitting right around 1200ppm with a pH of 5.8

1200ppm is a pretty healthy dose, I wouldn't go any higher than that.

You could increase the Micro and Bloom a little, and cut the Gro out completely if you wanted to. I wouldn't fool around to much, she's looking pretty happy the way she is.

Thanks guys!!

5/19 update
Aprox 45 days into flower

Did a res change with 150ppm tap water, then added CaliMagic to 300ppm. Switch over to 2:3 ratio of micro:bloom up to 1300 ppm then added big bud up to 1600ppm on Wednesday. By last night, ppm had dropped to 1300ppm again, so I added in big bud to bring it back to 1550ppm. How's she looking??

Thanks SD! PPM is back down to 1390 already. She's just sucking the big bud right out of it!!

How much longer do you think she will need to flower?

The smell is really getting strong. I already have a charcoal filter. Any other suggestions for odor elimination? I unfortunately don't have the luxury of an exterior vent.

Well, if you're 45 days into flower, I'd say at least another 15-20 days left. You'll need a jewelers loupe to check the trichomes on the calyx's for cloudy and amber content to know for sure.

I use this one that attaches to the camera lens on my phone. It was less than $10 on Amazon.

Back
Top Bottom