Niwashi's First Grow

Whether it is nobler of the mind to suffer the slings and arrows of outrageous bud growth or to take up arms against a sea of sparse nodes and by opposing, end them.

That girl needs thinned out.
Yup, was thinking the same thing JM.

Hey Guys!

I will start thinning her out, I had thinned her out twice already, then I came across a bunch of article talking about how bad it was to trim the fan leaves due to all the nutrients they hold for bud development. If you look back in this thread, is the thinning I have done in the past too agressive or not agressive enough?

Also, after the water change last night, she's looking a little droopy. When I woke up PH was at 6.43 and TDS around 750ppm. This is based off 160ppm tap water, 60ppm CaliMagic, 300ppm mirco, 100ppm gro, 120ppm. Prior batch of water was 330ppm total, 160ppm tap, 100 ppm gro, 50ppm, 20ppm bloom.

Glad to see the gang is back!!

You can trim some of the lower growth. If you'd prefer not to trim in the canopy then tuck some of the big fans down under to let the light get at the lower flowering nodes.

From the photo she looks OK to me. She may just be a little droopy from the res change. Keep an eye on her for nute burn and if she shows any just pull some nute water from the res and replace with ph'd water till your happy with the ppm's.

Niwashi there’s no real guideline around when to flip - whenever you’re happy with the structure heading into flower is good. I like for mine to be growing asymmetrically because it’s a sign of maturity and for me, has meant less stretch after flip.

And for me I find CalMag essential. I’m 100+ PPM from the tap and still do a minimum amount of CalMag, about 1.25ml/g in my hand fed solution. Takes my PPM up to 250+. I’ve cut it lower and had Mag deficiency show up.

Thanks JM, SD and Dobe!

3/27 update

I haven't flipped her yet. After switching the Rez to a 700+ppm mix the plant started showing signs of nute burn as well as flipping over it's leaves and drooping. By exchanging water, I have dropped the PPMs to 550 and she's looking better, but still has a few leaves flipped over. I also thinned her out and did some bending. Because I saw the flipped over leaves, I raised the light quite a bit.

I also popped off some clones as part of the thinning out :)

How do you guys think she looks? Should I wait for her to recover a bit before I flip her? Something about the plant just doesn't look right, it looks weak...

Edit: PH is 5.8 but always seems to be creeping up, have to PH down every AM

Pics in the next post!

Back
Top Bottom