Niwashi's First Grow

Thanks @Scrogdawg I'm going to order one up now! Either a loupe or a digital microscope. I hear it can be tough to see the trichs on the buds with the loupe.

Heres a link to the one I have. It works pretty well, a bit touchy focusing but gets the job done for a good price.

71pl5tVK-EL._AC_SL1200_.jpg

USB Digital Microscope Camera, Jiusion 40-1000X Portable Magnification Endoscope 8pcs LED

Heres a couple of captures from both my loupe on the phone and the microscope for comparison.

Loupe

Microscope

My filter lasts about three or four months before I have to change it out for a new one.

I wish I knew a way to recharge the carbon, but I’m not willing to put one in one of my pottery kilns to heat it up high enough to “clean” the carbon.

Never thought of that. Hmmmm now will it work.

Thanks @Old Salt !

@JustMeds agreed, ozone is no bueno and from what read should only be used in the exhaust if venting to the outside. What this air purifier utlizes is an ionizer. My understand is that ionizers do not negitively impact plant growth and are not detrimental for humans to breathe. Here is the model I bought. AeraMax 300 Large Room Air Purifier Mold, Odors, Dust, Smoke, Allergens and Germs with True HEPA Filter and 4-Stage Purification

1666131614960.png

If anyone has experience regarding ionizers I would love to hear it. Don't want to hurt the plant!

Here are some more pics from the microscope.

How are the trichs looking? How much longer do you think she needs to go for. Buds are still relatively small.

...How are the trichs looking? How much longer do you think she needs to go for. Buds are still relatively small.

Trichomes are still fairly clear. you want them at least 70% cloudy. When they start turning amber, you'll have reached maximum potency. The more trichomes turn amber, the higher the couch-lock effect. It will be at least two weeks before they trichomes start to turn. When to harvest depends on the potency and effects you are looking for. It's not a definitive answer, but you are into the longest seeming part of the grow.

Here's what mine looked like at harvest:
full

Trichomes at Harvest​

@Old Salt thanks for the pic! Glad to hear that I have a few more weeks to put on some weight :)

The only additives I have used in addition to the GH trio and CaliMagic are z7 to keep the water clean, and advanced nutrients Big Bud. I've use about 500ml of the bigbud throughout flowering and now I'm out of it.

I was wondering if anyone has suppliments they can reccomend for late flower. From what I've read, dry koolbloom seems like the way to go. What do you guys use???

5/26 pics

I'm using the GH Trio as well at 25% of the label recommendation. I used dry KoolBloom during my last grow. This grow I'm raising all nutrients to 33% of recommended strength. My plants seem to be growing faster.

Decided to swing by the hydro store this am and after talking with the owner I ended up buying 1kg of dry koolbloom and 250ml of advanced nutrients Overdrive. I just added 2tsbp of dry koolbloom to my res bring the PPMs to 1720. I also added 1tsbp of each part of z7 and adjusted PH back to 5.8

I think I will run this nute mix for a week or so then add in half of the overdrive and give it a week. After that I will do a res change and go 1:3 ratio micro:bloom to around 1200ppm and add the rest of the overdrive. Run that for 10 days or so then go to flush and flawless finish.

What do you guys think??

Koolbloom dry is excellent in the last 2 weeks of flower. As Old Salt said your trichs are still mostly clear so 2 weeks is going to be about bang on. Keep checking the trichs every couple of days and when your mostly cloudy then go to flush till you are ready to harvest. By that time you'll have a few ambers in there.

Which microscope did you go with?

@Scrogdawg here is a link to the microscope I got.

Plugable USB 2.0 Digital Microscope with Flexible Arm Observation Stand for Windows, Mac, Linux (2MP, 250x Magnification)

1666131475566.png

It's realy touchy to focus as there is only one focus wheel. I miss the microscopes I had in college that had a coarse and fine adjustment dial. So much easier to use.

I'm glad you brought up flushing. Do you flush with just PH'd H2O or do you use flawless finish or florakleen?

Back
Top Bottom