Fuel D.OG, Hydroponics, By Gwhunran 2023

Nice flood brother Ben doin it for years !!!! Plants grow wicked fast how many times ur flooding daily ?
Thank you. I do enjoy running the flood and drain.
I run the pump every two hours for 15 minutes during lights on. My 6" net pots have clay pebbles but the tray has no media in it. I've got a pvc cover covering the tray to keep the light out, so it's easier to clean up after harvest and the roots get about as much air (O2) as possible. I use the smallest water pump and mechanical timer. The smallest increment being 15 minutes. Even using the smallest pump set to it's slowest setting the tray fills to the overflow within 7 minutes and still has another 8 to go before shutting off. I had bad luck with digital timers and water pumps years ago, so it's mechanical timers for me.

Thank you. I do enjoy running the flood and drain.
I run the pump every two hours for 15 minutes during lights on. My 6" net pots have clay pebbles but the tray has no media in it. I've got a pvc cover covering the tray to keep the light out, so it's easier to clean up after harvest and the roots get about as much air (O2) as possible. I use the smallest water pump and mechanical timer. The smallest increment being 15 minutes. Even using the smallest pump set to it's slowest setting the tray fills to the overflow within 7 minutes and still has another 8 to go before shutting off. I had bad luck with digital timers and water pumps years ago, so it's mechanical timers for me.
Killer I’m in promix I usally flood 8 times a day!! I hate the digital timers too I use old school never failed me untill a few weeks back one gave out after years of use but for me flood is the way to go I like how you added a top was thinking that for my set up !

Killer I’m in promix I usally flood 8 times a day!! I hate the digital timers too I use old school never failed me untill a few weeks back one gave out after years of use but for me flood is the way to go I like how you added a top was thinking that for my set up !
I've had timer failures but I check the grow at least twice a day so I'll hopefully catch it quick. I also have spares of water pumps, air pumps, and timers. When something breaks, I grab a spare, fix the problem, and order a new one to become a spare. :cheesygrinsmiley: :bong:

Looking great! I went down to measure mine to see what you might be able to expect from the stretch. I flipped mine at roughly my first screen which is 23 inches above the top of my 3 gal pots. The Fuel D.OG only stretched for me for about 12 to 14 days after flip and grew roughly 22 inches during that stretch. None of this is scientific as i didnt measure anything before and after the flip and but my tallest cola is 22 inches long from the bottom screen. Hopefully that might help you decide when to flip em.

Looking great! I went down to measure mine to see what you might be able to expect from the stretch. I flipped mine at roughly my first screen which is 23 inches above the top of my 3 gal pots. The Fuel D.OG only stretched for me for about 12 to 14 days after flip and grew roughly 22 inches during that stretch. None of this is scientific as i didnt measure anything before and after the flip and but my tallest cola is 22 inches long from the bottom screen. Hopefully that might help you decide when to flip em.
That sounds great. My 2nd screen height is variable. I can change out the vertical parts of the frame. It's currently set at 15" above the first screen. If these Fuel D.OGs behave the way yours did, then I should be okay as is.
I'll keep them running horizontally for a while longer before flip, adding to the number of branches that will grow to the 2nd screen. 2nd screen 15" above should allow me to spread the stalks out and supply support if needed.

Fuel D.OG
Day 28 veg.

Everything running normally.

Raised the light height to 25" above the 1st screen and bumped up the power level to 350w/600w. I'll have to measure it later as my LUX meter was not available.

FDOG Day 28 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 28 veg.

FDOG Day 28 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 28 veg.

FDOG Day 28 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 28 veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 29 veg.

I rechecked the light height and measured at canopy today. Height 25"/64cm above the 1st screen. Measured 42k LUX at canopy middle.

The plants are growing even faster and drinking much more. I usually only see this kinda thirst in flower. The PH is staying very stable. Adding small amount of PH down about once a day. 5ml in 17gal.

These plants are just about even with the Acapulco Gold and have been in the hydro 13 days less.
They will be flipped the same day as the Acapulco Gold,

FDOG Day 29 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 29 veg.

FDOG Day 29 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 29 veg.

FDOG Day 29 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 29 veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 30 veg.

Reservoir change 3 today. Loaded 17gal with recommended amounts of GH three part liquid nutes for Late Growth.
PHed to 5.5-6.0, added 60ml Cal-mag+.

Shaded parts were cut back yesterday and today. Still a little to do.

FDOG Day 30 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 30 veg.

FDOG Day 30 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 30 veg.

FDOG Day 30 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 30 veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 0 of flip.

Tonight will be their first long night. 12/12

I will probably add CO2 bucket soon.

The plants are drinking hard and the PH is staying pretty stable, even topping up the reservoir every afternoon with some above 8.0 tap water. I have to add a little PH down daily but no more than 5ml in 17 gallons.

I including a picture of the exiled extra plant. I took it out of the DIY DWC and planted it in soil. The roots were already too developed to take the net pot off. It looked rough for a few days but recovered. My usual takers for the extra plants have declined so I don't know what I'll do with her. I already made a bunch of FIM attempts on it, including the top. I'll keep growing it for a while longer. Maybe someone will turn up looking for one. It's already a stinker in veg.

FDOG Day0 Flower (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 0 of flower. First long night tonight.

FDOG Day0 Flower (4).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 0 of flower. First long night tonight. No flash.

FDOG Day0 Flower (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 0 of flower. First long night tonight. With flash.

FDOG Day0 Flower (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 0 of flower. Starting point. First long night tonight.

FDOG extra 4-20-23 (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG extra plant put in soil. Looking for a home.

Fuel D.OG
Day 1 since flip. 1st long night down.

Everything running normally but changes were made today.

A CO2 bucket was added to this room and the 2nd screen was installed with the CO2 bubbler placed in the middle front.

The plants are drinking hard as evidenced by the low level of water at top up this afternoon. A small amount of PH down was added to maintain 5.5-6.0.

The 2nd screen is 15"/38cm above the 1st screen. 3"/7.62cm higher than the screen in the Acapulco Gold room as I expect the Fuel D.OG to stretch more. We'll see.

FDOG Day 1 Flower (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day One since flip. 2nd screen with CO2 installed today.

FDOG Day 1 Flower (2).JPG

FDOG Day 1 Flower (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG
Day 2 since flip

Everything running normally during afternoon check.

They are looking good to my eye.

CO2 bubbling away.

FDOG Day 2 Flower (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 2 flower.

FDOG Day 2 Flower (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 2 flower.

FDOG Day 2 Flower (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 2 flower.

Fuel D.OG
Day 3 since flip.

Morning check, everything normal.

The light was raised to 30" above first screen and the power level was raised to 400w/600w.
Forgot to bring my LUX meter. Will measure later

PH holding steady with no adjustment necessary.

CO2 bubbling away.

FDOG Day 3 Flower.JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 3 Flower.

FDOG side CO2 bucket.JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 3 Flower. Note high mounted fan on the left. The fan doesn't get much credit but I wouldn't want to grow without them.

De-humidifier.JPG

The shared 300w de-humidifier. I don't think I will every try a future grow without one.

Nutrient Rack.JPG

Nutrients and measurement container. Plus my notes clipboard. I record my reservoir changes, light height, and light power changes and anything of perceived significance. I've got a running average of nutrients used. It helps determine how much I need to buy for the year rather than waiting until I'm out supplies and stressing.

Fuel D.OG
Day 4 since flip.

Everything running normally during morning check.

Temperatures in the grow room are staying warm at night with no dedicated heater running. Last night's ambient lows were in the upper 30sF/4C and the grow rooms temperature didn't drop below 70F/21C. So with the de-humidifier running occasionally, and the two 17gallon reservoirs retaining heat from the day, the insulated grow space stayed warm.

The plants are starting their stretch. It's too early to tell much other than stretch is underway.

The plants are still maintaining a healthy appearance.

The CO2 is bubbling away.

I remembered to take the light meter. Fuel D.OG's light is 30inches/76cm above the first screen. Power level is 400w/600w. Measured 42k LUX at canopy height.

FDOG Day 4 Flower (4).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 4 of flower.

FDOG Day 4 Flower (3).JPG

FDOG Day 4 Flower (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG
Day Five since flip.

Everything running normally during morning check.

The plants are stretching. Some of the taller shoots are 8inches/20cm from the 2nd screen. The front and left plants are a lot thicker than the one in the back and on the right. The ones in the back and on the right are stretching faster.

CO2 bubbling away and PH is holding steady in desired 5.5-6.0 range.

It's unknown how tall they will be at harvest, but I have no doubt there is enough plant here to fill the available area.

FDOG Day 5 Flower (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 5 flower.

FDOG Day 5 Flower (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 5 flower.

Fuel D.OG
Day 6 since flip.

PH staying in desired range. Adding 5ml PH down in 17gallons daily. It won't be long till it's PH up I'll be adding instead.

CO2 bucket bubbling if not more slowly.

The plants are drinking heavily.

I am seeing pistils. There's not too many yet.

FDOG Day 6 Flower (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 6 of flower.

FDOG Day 6 Flower (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 6 of flower.

FDOG Day 6 Flower (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG. Day 6 of flower. They are showing pistils, just not as many as the Acapulco Gold.

Back
Top Bottom