Fuel D.OG, Hydroponics, By Gwhunran 2023

Fuel D. OG
Day 16 veg.

Everything's running normally during morning check.

The AC setting was dropped a couple of degrees to compensate for the increased temps. today. I am only running one AC at the moment as I've got the door between grow rooms open and will try and save a little on the electric bill. I need two ACs when their light schedules are different and the door is closed.

It is getting real close to time to make a decision about the plant on the right in the Flood and Drain. I can only run four and I still have the 5th plant in the DIY DWC in the little tent. The 5th plant was the last to sprout and it's a bit smaller than the others but it's a better looking plant than the plant on the right in the tray. Please feel free to offer opinions.

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg (4).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 16 veg. The AC in this room is currently off.

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 16 veg. The plant on the right is the one I'm thinking of swapping.

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 16 veg. Plant on the right, no flash

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 16 veg. Plant on the right with flash.

FDOG 5th Day 16 veg.JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 16 veg. In DIY DWC. 5th plant I'm thinking of switching with the one on the right in the Flood and Drain. What do you think?

The one on the right does not look healthy, like she doesn't like the feed the other three are loving. If the 5th plant is small but healthy, I would make the switch. Otherwise you'll be dealing with the outcast through the entire grow.

Fuel D. OG
Day 16 veg. update

I decided to switch the plant on the right with the 5th plant I had in the DiY DWC.

The roots of the removed plant were plentiful and well developed, so it would have probably been alright.

The 5th plant looks more like the plant in the back. The plant in front and on the left look like the same pheno (wide leaves), the 5th plant and the one in the back have thinner leaf blades.

FDOG Day 16 veg  (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg. The plant on the right was replaced with the 5th plant from the DIY DWC. Swap complete.

FDOG Day 16 veg  (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg. 5th plant in new home in the Flood and Drain.

FDOG Day 16 veg  (1).JPG

Fuel D. OG Day 16 Veg. Plant on the right removed to DIY DWC

Fuel D. OG
Day 16 veg. update

I decided to switch the plant on the right with the 5th plant I had in the DiY DWC.

The roots of the removed plant were plentiful and well developed, so it would have probably been alright.

The 5th plant looks more like the plant in the back. The plant in front and on the left look like the same pheno (wide leaves), the 5th plant and the one in the back have thinner leaf blades.

FDOG Day 16 veg  (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg. The plant on the right was replaced with the 5th plant from the DIY DWC. Swap complete.

FDOG Day 16 veg  (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 16 veg. 5th plant in new home in the Flood and Drain.

FDOG Day 16 veg  (1).JPG

Fuel D. OG Day 16 Veg. Plant on the right removed to DIY DWC
The new growth on the removed plant looks okay. We'll see how it develops.

You ought to lst the larger one for the other three catch up .
I plan on tying and tucking on the 1st screen. That should take care of differences in plant canopy height.
The 2nd screen will be used to make best use of the light in the space by evening them out and supporting them.

Fuel D.OG
Day 18 veg.

Everything running normally in the room. No changes made to the light or nute load in the reservoir. The reservoir is two weeks old today. I will be changing it in the next few days. I'll only go more than a week on a reservoir early in the grow and late in the grow when I'm waiting put them on straight water.

FDOG Day 18 veg (4).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 18 veg.

FDOG Day 18 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 18 veg.

FDOG Day 18 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 18 veg. No flash

FDOG Day 18 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 18 veg. Flash used.

Fuel D.OG
Day 20 veg.

Everything running normally during morning check.

Nothing changed since last post except added an hour of light daily. (see Acapulco Gold post) Reservoir change soon. Res. is 17 days old.

Plant in front has passed the screen.

FDOG Day 20 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 20 veg.

FDOG Day 20 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 20 veg.

FDOG Day 19 Veg tupperware (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Plant removed from Flood and Drain and placed in DIY DWC. day 19

FDOG Day 19 Veg tupperware (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG Plant removed from Flood and Drain and placed in DIY DWC. day 19

Fuel D.OG
Day 22 veg.

Morning check everything running normally.

They are starting to drink more and the PH is drifting up. PH down added to keep in 5.5-6.0 range.

The one in front has had it's main stem tied down toward the back. 1st of many ties and tucks.

FDOG Day 22 veg (6).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

FDOG Day 22 veg (4).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

FDOG Day 22 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

FDOG Day 22 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

Res running to overflow (1).JPG

Picture of reservoir with water pump running sending water to the tray by the small clear hose in the back. The water level in the tray is at maximum and the excess is draining back into the reservoir by the large hose. When the pump shuts off by timmer, the water in the tray will drain back down into the reservoir by the small hose. For those that might not know how a Flood and Drain Hydro system works. (actually the Acapulco Gold reservoir in action)

Fuel D.OG
Day 22 veg.

Morning check everything running normally.

They are starting to drink more and the PH is drifting up. PH down added to keep in 5.5-6.0 range.

The one in front has had it's main stem tied down toward the back. 1st of many ties and tucks.

FDOG Day 22 veg (6).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

FDOG Day 22 veg (4).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

FDOG Day 22 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

FDOG Day 22 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 22 veg.

Res running to overflow (1).JPG

Picture of reservoir with water pump running sending water to the tray by the small clear hose in the back. The water level in the tray is at maximum and the excess is draining back into the reservoir by the large hose. When the pump shuts off by timmer, the water in the tray will drain back down into the reservoir by the small hose. For those that might not know how a Flood and Drain Hydro system works. (actually the Acapulco Gold reservoir in action)
I like to see the PH sweep up through the nutrients feeding calcium first then comes the magnesium, perfect conditions in the hydro bible . I’ve got three capsules of Acapulco Gold left and dreading being out . Just hope HashGirls cream takes over where the AG leaves off . I hadn’t had knee pains since I started the AG .
I remember my flood & drain the trays weren’t big enough for a 10 week veg .
Girls are looking great .

Fuel D.OG
Day 24 veg.

Morning check, everything running normally.

The plants growth is now picking up a little speed. Several branches have been tied down.
This strain has exceptionally thick stems. They will be a challenge to tie to the screen. So far, so good.

The one in front and on the left seem to be the same pheno, The one in the back is a separate pheno. And I'm not sure yet about the one on the right. All have thick stems.

I am bumping up the Micro and Bloom nutes in three equal amounts to go from Early Growth to Late Growth before the next reservoir change. I've already bumped it twice, one more to go. I give it a couple days of observation before bumping it again. Growth nutrients are unchanged between stages.

PH is holding steady in the 5.5-6.0 range. Every few checks, I add a small amount of PH down.

FDOG Day 24 veg (4).JPG

Fuel D. OG Day 24 veg.

FDOG Day 24 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D. OG Day 24 veg. No flash

FDOG Day 24 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D. OG Day 24 veg. With flash

FDOG Day 24 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D. OG Day 24 veg.

Fuel D. OG
Day 25 veg.

Everything running normally.

Plants are drinking more as evidenced by reservoir level before top up. PH holding steady in desired range.

More tying down.

FDOG Day 25 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 25 veg.

FDOG Day 25 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG, Day 25 veg.

Fuel D.OG
Day 27 veg.

Morning check, everything running normally.
The AC was turned on in the the Fuel D.OG room yesterday and the AC in the Acapulco Gold room was turned off and it's filter cleaned. I am going to run with one AC as long as both plants are on the same light schedule and the door can be left open between rooms.

Fans are running above and in front.

Plants are still being tied down to the screen. Lots of difference in the structure of the plants between the ones on the front and left vice the ones in back and right. All have thick stems.

FDOG Day 27 veg (3).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 27 veg.

FDOG Day 27 veg (2).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 27 veg.

FDOG Day 27 veg (1).JPG

Fuel D.OG Day 27 veg.

Good morning Amigo :ciao: :high-five:
I'm not very good at hydro but I'll tag along anyway if that's OK.
Girls look great. :bravo:
Hope your weekend is going well.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎

I like to see the PH sweep up through the nutrients feeding calcium first then comes the magnesium, perfect conditions in the hydro bible . I’ve got three capsules of Acapulco Gold left and dreading being out . Just hope HashGirls cream takes over where the AG leaves off . I hadn’t had knee pains since I started the AG .
I remember my flood & drain the trays weren’t big enough for a 10 week veg .
Girls are looking great .
Thanks West. I somehow missed this post. I sure hope my Acapulco Gold turns out as well as yours. I'm still smoking and hoping for the taste of prime Mexican Sativa. And don't forget about the rosin. Plus I'm hoping for a good taste on this Fuel D. OG. My grandson suggested Sour Diesel and I chose Fuel D. OG instead. I kinda like the taste of Headband. I can't say I've had Chemdawg or Diesel before.

I've got more than 50 probable branches now on the screen(AG) so It won't be long till flip.

Good morning Amigo :ciao: :high-five:
I'm not very good at hydro but I'll tag along anyway if that's OK.
Girls look great. :bravo:
Hope your weekend is going well.

#VIVOSUN #Love What You Grow
Bill284 😎
Glad you are following Bill! The Fuel D.OG should be fun. The write up by the breeder said "outside, up to 300cm". :oops:
So can I control four inside?:bong:
I've got a few ideas if it gets too tall but that's getting ahead of myself. :rolleyes:

Back
Top Bottom