Gardenfaerie Auto Fem - CFL to Greenhouse

The leaves have a medicinal value different from sleep or pain relief.....like health food and I know folks on 420 who swear by em. The kind of oil you want to put under your tongue is different....you would have to consume a coupla shot glasses of infused oil.........rather than a drop of concentrated oil. I have double and triple infused; vegetable oil, glycerin, olive oil, and butter. The triple infused glycerin is the best of those.....when applied to skin cancer repeatedly....the cancer will dry up and fall off in the shower or bath. A multiple infusion goes like this; I put the weed and oil in my butter machine....run it for a prescribed time, strain it and then put fresh weed back in with the previously infused oil and keep repeating til I have a potent oil. I have made triple infused oil with glycerin for those electric cigarette thingys.....and after 6oz. of bud in 16 oz. of glycerin....there is still no noticeable affect when vaped in the ecigarettes. Just one drop of concentrated oil will do the trick. I don't eat cannabis on an empty stomach, I have a patient who took a dose of simpson oil on an empty stomach and had to be hospitalised........

The leaves have a medicinal value different from sleep or pain relief.....like health food and I know folks on 420 who swear by em. The kind of oil you want to put under your tongue is different....you would have to consume a coupla shot glasses of infused oil.........rather than a drop of concentrated oil. I have double and triple infused; vegetable oil, glycerin, olive oil, and butter. The triple infused glycerin is the best of those.....when applied to skin cancer repeatedly....the cancer will dry up and fall off in the shower or bath. A multiple infusion goes like this; I put the weed and oil in my butter machine....run it for a prescribed time, strain it and then put fresh weed back in with the previously infused oil and keep repeating til I have a potent oil. I have made triple infused oil with glycerin for those electric cigarette thingys.....and after 6oz. of bud in 16 oz. of glycerin....there is still no noticeable affect when vaped in the ecigarettes. Just one drop of concentrated oil will do the trick. I don't eat cannabis on an empty stomach, I have a patient who took a dose of simpson oil on an empty stomach and had to be hospitalised........

Hospitalized for what?

Hi GF...congratulations on your harvest....and a very nice one too :) Nearly 6 ozs of bud is great....COOL. Just be prepared for the loss over drying time but you should still hit 1oz+ :) Happy SELF medications young lady :)

Ohhhhhh, I nearly forgot.......here's some Oz reps JUST FOR YOU :) Wooof Wooof lol :)

:thanks::thanks::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart::green_heart:
Hi GF...congratulations on your harvest....and a very nice one too :) Nearly 6 ozs of bud is great....COOL. Just be prepared for the loss over drying time but you should still hit 1oz+ :) Happy SELF medications young lady :)

Ohhhhhh, I nearly forgot.......here's some Oz reps JUST FOR YOU :) Wooof Wooof lol :)

Congratulations on your harvest! You may be interested in a machine that does most of the work when making cannabis infused butter, oil and tinctures called the Magical Butter. I have many of the recipes that can be made with the Magical Butter listed in my grow journal. If anyone is considering purchasing a Magical Butter machine I just received a coupon code for 10% off. The coupon code is "Gummybear"

MagicalButter.com - Discount Coupon

https://magicalbutter.com

KingJohnC's Brainstorm Haze Soil Indoor Grow Journal

Cograts Brooklyn...

Let's hope for some amber trichs today so I can harvest two of the plants. That said, yes I've heard of girdling, but never used this technique. From memory, it was a method used in fruiting trees which were either on their last leg, or have been growing for a decade without ever having produced fruit. The plant or tree goes into a survival mode and pushes out what is called "compensatory growth." This is a type of hyper growth which is mainly using the final stores of carbohydrates in the tissues. A plant can live like this for five years, mostly trees, but eventually succumb to the stress.

How this method would work on cannabis? No idea. I'm not even so sure what they call "girdling" is what I'm referring to in my own information. For me, there is little to no attraction to a high level of manipulation to get a plant to do what it wouldn't normally do. That's not to say it can't be done, I'm just not all that attracted to all these methods, so to speak. I AM attracted to screen training. I think you almost have to use a screen to grow outdoors in limited space. Sorry for the ramble. I didn't really answer your question.

Two ways they girdle cannabis, both require needles (which I fear) you inject the stalk or branch with nute-juice, or, you hang IV bag filled w/nute-juice, dosing the plant non-stop. Then, viola! bigger fruit! I'm not sold on this, but,,,,,,,,,

Imagine a super-sized plant, identical to LA's masterminded smoke-able-art, lol.
:thanks:

Two ways they girdle cannabis, both require needles (which I fear) you inject the stalk or branch with nute-juice, or, you hang IV bag filled w/nute-juice, dosing the plant non-stop. Then, viola! bigger fruit! I'm not sold on this, but,,,,,,,,,

Imagine a super-sized plant, identical to LA's masterminded smoke-able-art, lol.
:thanks:

here's the rest of the MYTH,

"I had the same strain without the nutrients injected and instead put in the soil. The injected had thicker trichomes with larger heads. The injected strain turned darker colors and looked quite different when all was done.
This strain was injected with nutrients into the stems. Never heard of it before, but the end result was phenomenal."

"Some of you may know of this method. Most of you probably have no clue what it is. It has been discussed before in the past, and since there is no information I can find on it here, I will enlighten those whom do not know about the beneficial effects of girdling your plants.

Girdling is used in agriculture for many different types of plants. You ever see a 500 pound pumpkin or super large fruits? that may have been helped by a mixture of girdling and hormone treatment, and possibly other techniques. Girdling itself, has the potential to increase not only your yield size, but also the individual size of each flowering cluster. It can also make your buds sweeter with a stronger aroma, and also speed maturity.

Girdling is closely related to supercropping. Except supercropping changes the concentration gradient to allow for better passive transport within the plant. Girdling is essentially the opposite. Girdling can be risky if done excessively or improperly. It can kill any area that is above the girdle. You essentially want to restrict the flow alot or slightly by either cutting a complete 'ring' of the stems outer surface, or for an easier, safer method, tieing a strap around the main stem or branch, tight enough to slightly restrict flow without breaking or completely crushing the stem. "

Hospitalized for what?

Stomach bleeding, accompanied with abdominal pain. It seems as though when the liver fails it makes the stomach produce .....like varicose veins inside the stomach lining....these veins tend to rupture resulting in the bleed. They went in lapriscopically and coterized em. Sorry about the spelling...my spellcheck dosen't recognize some words I use and I don't know how to spell them...you get the idea.

Stomach bleeding, accompanied with abdominal pain. It seems as though when the liver fails it makes the stomach produce .....like varicose veins inside the stomach lining....these veins tend to rupture resulting in the bleed. They went in lapriscopically and coterized em. Sorry about the spelling...my spellcheck dosen't recognize some words I use and I don't know how to spell them...you get the idea.

Yes, that is the portal vein which goes between the liver and the spleen. Mine is enlarged, but monitored regularly. The blood pushes through the compromised liver which most likely has scarring (cirrhosis). When that blood pushes so hard, it forces it into the spleen, which in turn gobbles out the platelets which clot your blood. Normal platelets are 100,000 to 400,000. Mine are 20,000, so at any time I can bleed and do. I have not bled internally unless you count 12" black and blue marks on my abdomen internal bleeding. I am monitored every two months and need transfusions now and then which only last 24 hours before being removed from the blood by the enlarged spleen. The spleen enlarges because of the pressure or force the blood is exiting the portal vein into the spleen. When there is more surface area in the spleen (as a result), it filters too many platelets out and keeps getting bigger. So, if I ever need a transplant, they will most likely also remove my spleen. Ah....so this is why I asked you why this person was hospitalized.

here's the rest of the MYTH,

"I had the same strain without the nutrients injected and instead put in the soil. The injected had thicker trichomes with larger heads. The injected strain turned darker colors and looked quite different when all was done.
This strain was injected with nutrients into the stems. Never heard of it before, but the end result was phenomenal."

"Some of you may know of this method. Most of you probably have no clue what it is. It has been discussed before in the past, and since there is no information I can find on it here, I will enlighten those whom do not know about the beneficial effects of girdling your plants.

Girdling is used in agriculture for many different types of plants. You ever see a 500 pound pumpkin or super large fruits? that may have been helped by a mixture of girdling and hormone treatment, and possibly other techniques. Girdling itself, has the potential to increase not only your yield size, but also the individual size of each flowering cluster. It can also make your buds sweeter with a stronger aroma, and also speed maturity.

Girdling is closely related to supercropping. Except supercropping changes the concentration gradient to allow for better passive transport within the plant. Girdling is essentially the opposite. Girdling can be risky if done excessively or improperly. It can kill any area that is above the girdle. You essentially want to restrict the flow alot or slightly by either cutting a complete 'ring' of the stems outer surface, or for an easier, safer method, tieing a strap around the main stem or branch, tight enough to slightly restrict flow without breaking or completely crushing the stem. "

Girdling is the act of a constricting, or cutting of a stem or trunk in a manner that cuts the epidermis of the plant. When you tie a plant too tightly to a stake using a material that will not stretch with plant growth, the material that it's tied with will remain the same size as it originally was and the plant stem grows....the result is girdling. A plant that a rabbit takes the bark off of on the lower stem or any stem for that matter is "girdled". I want to see how someone fed a plant by injecting it with a needle. There are some flaws with this; #1, the nutrients a plant uses are in a different form than when they meet up with roots, the roots transform these nutrients into forms the plant can synthesize. #2 The portion of a plant that carries the nutrients upwards through the plant are very small........grafting 101. Now, I am aware of a process where a stem is severed completely, then placed in a solution.....buttermilk, or milk, sugar water, flavored water, ect.. Supposedly the plant takes some of this solution. I can tell you I've seen some huge pumpkins, and watermelons produced this way....for contests.....but the genetics were those of giants to begin with and I am skeptical that this process had anything to do with the final outcome at harvest time. What we need to do is get back to BASICS....the fundamentals will take you further than the fads. As a ag and hort person...girdling=bad.

Yes, that is the portal vein which goes between the liver and the spleen. Mine is enlarged, but monitored regularly. The blood pushes through the compromised liver which most likely has scarring (cirrhosis). When that blood pushes so hard, it forces it into the spleen, which in turn gobbles out the platelets which clot your blood. Normal platelets are 100,000 to 400,000. Mine are 20,000, so at any time I can bleed and do. I have not bled internally unless you count 12" black and blue marks on my abdomen internal bleeding. I am monitored every two months and need transfusions now and then which only last 24 hours before being removed from the blood by the enlarged spleen. The spleen enlarges because of the pressure or force the blood is exiting the portal vein into the spleen. When there is more surface area in the spleen (as a result), it filters too many platelets out and keeps getting bigger. So, if I ever need a transplant, they will most likely also remove my spleen. Ah....so this is why I asked you why this person was hospitalized.

Pay attention kiddies, you're not going to get this kind of intelligence from dr oz!

Girdling is the act of a constricting, or cutting of a stem or trunk in a manner that cuts the epidermis of the plant. When you tie a plant too tightly to a stake using a material that will not stretch with plant growth, the material that it's tied with will remain the same size as it originally was and the plant stem grows....the result is girdling. A plant that a rabbit takes the bark off of on the lower stem or any stem for that matter is "girdled". I want to see how someone fed a plant by injecting it with a needle. There are some flaws with this; #1, the nutrients a plant uses are in a different form than when they meet up with roots, the roots transform these nutrients into forms the plant can synthesize. #2 The portion of a plant that carries the nutrients upwards through the plant are very small........grafting 101. Now, I am aware of a process where a stem is severed completely, then placed in a solution.....buttermilk, or milk, sugar water, flavored water, ect.. Supposedly the plant takes some of this solution. I can tell you I've seen some huge pumpkins, and watermelons produced this way....for contests.....but the genetics were those of giants to begin with and I am skeptical that this process had anything to do with the final outcome at harvest time. What we need to do is get back to BASICS....the fundamentals will take you further than the fads. As a ag and hort person...girdling=bad.

That's my thought on this also. Good cultivation is what is needed to develop big healthy plants and fruit (bud). I do believe in certain techniques like pinching or topping (we call it pinching in horticulture). It seems there are many terms applied to techniques which already have an associated method, like girdling. I have no idea why they would name the injection of fertilizer, girdling. Does anybody know why they call it that? I mean, if it works and you like doing it and it produced yields you like, go for it, but I prefer the old way. Let the plant grow with very little manipulation. Genetics are far more important in this case than anything else. For this reason, SEED, is one of a pro-growers expenses. Speaking mainly now, of ornamental plants, not canna. I know nothing of canna production commercially, but mcloadie does. If it works...

That's my thought on this also. Good cultivation is what is needed to develop big healthy plants and fruit (bud). I do believe in certain techniques like pinching or topping (we call it pinching in horticulture). It seems there are many terms applied to techniques which already have an associated method, like girdling. I have no idea why they would name the injection of fertilizer, girdling. Does anybody know why they call it that? I mean, if it works and you like doing it and it produced yields you like, go for it, but I prefer the old way. Let the plant grow with very little manipulation. Genetics are far more important in this case than anything else. For this reason, SEED, is one of a pro-growers expenses. Speaking mainly now, of ornamental plants, not canna. I know nothing of canna production commercially, but mcloadie does. If it works...

I absolutely do not know of ANY special trick, or secret juice, or ANYTHING for that matter that does not follow the basic fundamentals of plant growth and development. ALL my work is supported by these and NOTHING else! I know of a person who is putting over 20 different concoctions on their plants...........they are getting the production......but I promise if they put all that chemical in there...there is residue.........and their patients get to consume it! I'm from the old school, I use the same methods that produced here for the past 50 years...........it's a way of living, thinking, and growing.

I absolutely do not know of ANY special trick, or secret juice, or ANYTHING for that matter that does not follow the basic fundamentals of plant growth and development. ALL my work is supported by these and NOTHING else! I know of a person who is putting over 20 different concoctions on their plants...........they are getting the production......but I promise if they put all that chemical in there...there is residue.........and their patients get to consume it! I'm from the old school, I use the same methods that produced here for the past 50 years...........it's a way of living, thinking, and growing.

I agree. I've been a proponent of the organic movement way before it was popular. As a matter of fact, I have had fights, knock down drag outs with Ag agents in just about every state I resided! This state is by far the worst, but improved by 100 fold since I moved here. For example, Lowes has organic products because of ME. I met with the director of the entire region and we had a working luncheon about 20 years ago. I also worked to get Diazinon off the market. And it is gone. So, I want nothing on my cannabis I couldn't feed to my parrot without one bad thing happening to her. So the only concoctions I make now are aerobic compost tea, mixed with molasses, seaweed, apple cider vinegar, epsom salts, and rainwater. I've been using this as a foliar for decades on everything. I now not to do foliar on plants in flower, but the rest of the time they're getting it weekly until the heat sets in for summer. Everything will slooooooooww way down and wake up around October again with buddage. Sorry to ramble. I'm waiting for it to heat up so I can go out and garden.

I agree. I've been a proponent of the organic movement way before it was popular. As a matter of fact, I have had fights, knock down drag outs with Ag agents in just about every state I resided! This state is by far the worst, but improved by 100 fold since I moved here. For example, Lowes has organic products because of ME. I met with the director of the entire region and we had a working luncheon about 20 years ago. I also worked to get Diazinon off the market. And it is gone. So, I want nothing on my cannabis I couldn't feed to my parrot without one bad thing happening to her. So the only concoctions I make now are aerobic compost tea, mixed with molasses, seaweed, apple cider vinegar, epsom salts, and rainwater. I've been using this as a foliar for decades on everything. I now not to do foliar on plants in flower, but the rest of the time they're getting it weekly until the heat sets in for summer. Everything will slooooooooww way down and wake up around October again with buddage. Sorry to ramble. I'm waiting for it to heat up so I can go out and garden.

Someone was asking me if I foliar feed the other day....I never have....with the exception of a little on some chlorotic clones I didn't want to lose one time.....LOL.......

I'm with you two - less is frequently better. Good dirt, a very occasional top dressing, decent water, an occasional flush to reset the soil (in containers.)

People tend to throw everything but the kitchen sink on their plants and are looking for "magic bullet" solutions. As often as not they only confuse things instead of improving them.

Someone was asking me if I foliar feed the other day....I never have....with the exception of a little on some chlorotic clones I didn't want to lose one time.....LOL.......

Actually, the only reason I foliar feed is because of my climate. Continual spraying with seaweed and other trace elements has proven to give moderate the very good levels of pest control, particularly whitefly. They do not like the seaweed. It also does something to the surface tension of the leaf (if not waxy) so insects are not prone to identify any problems the plant may have...which is what creates insect damage in the first place.

So, I use it for a reason, not for a fad. Oh, another thing too, the microbes found in the aerobic compost tea are actually beneficial to the leaf surface. They are another gate for pest insects to penetrate before doing their damage. IN MY CLIMATE.

Mostly, I concentrate my efforts on living soils and mulch. I'm a Ruth Stout No Dig methodeer! I've gardened in hay bales, which was fantastic and grown in heavy clay, not so fantastic. I'm doing some gardening today. Maybe I'll test it and actually plant some of my perennials in the ground.

Back
Top Bottom