Gardenfaerie Auto Fem - CFL to Greenhouse

Re: Delicious Cotton Candy

:rip:

Think posted this already.. But digging down around 2 feet deep under ground level to loosen the soil, then adding some really cheap amendment like Kelloggs with bat guano (in a small amount ~1:5) to the loose fill back works wonders. Protect them from the wind (44 oz styrofoam cups work good- cut diamond slits to the east and west face so they get sun in the morning, protected at high noon, and sun in the evening) cut back on the watering early and do a root dunk before the transplant outdoors.

I mean I did almost 6 foot bushes like that.. They were topping 5 feet in the 3rd week of veg with 18-20 colas. Total time in veg was a little under a month. The reason I know it wasn't the strain (as my other bozo partner cried) is because my partner was growing the same strain with a month headstart- and his plant was just small and had only a few good colas in the end.

Once you starve it of water, the plant roots into the loose amended soil, you can then pretty much open the rows and let water flood over the trunk. I was watering every day at one point with 110 degree heat- it was hot hot. That wasn't an organic grow though. I was flooding ag chem on one feed and on the off day I'd hit them with full organic nutrients to keep the microherd. Then every other off water feed they'd get nutriplant ag (pgr) mixed with a wetting agent and calmag/ect depending on what the plant needed in it's cycle. After taking off the cups, I cut the top part of the styrofoam cups down around the trunk and stuck it down in the soil, kind of like a styrofoam feed saucer. This allowed me to make a pool of nutrients right at the base which pretty much went right down onto the root. This allowed me to conserve on the amount I was giving to each plant. I think near the end it was something like 20~30oz per plant on the nutrients and I ended the ag chem totally in flowering.

On my test plants, I noticed you can pretty much give it nothing but ground water and it'll still give you some pretty good bud, not as much weight but it'll be good stuff.

What didn't work well was fimming. The trees will be bigger and have a lot more branching going on, but compared to 20 colas of long hard bud, it's like looking at richard simmons and arnold. All that little branching is not only a pain in the ass to process, but it's just not as productive as supercropping.

After seeing the harvest of the plant I gave nothing to in flower, I think if you manage it correctly in veg and not demonize ag chem and pgrs, but then go all organic when it flips- that might be the smartest move to make outdoors. Just my opinion on that. :)

Thank you, bothteams. I've been gardening for over 45 years. My soil smells like frankincense! Hahaha.

Yes, it is not ONLY strain. I did say cultural practices are key. My soil is prepared deeper than two feet. I played in it today and I had no less than a dozen worms per square foot. Not baby worms. Big earthworms. And I have about 40 pounds of worm castings I harvested off my front lawn. They literally make fertilizer for me and lay it on top of the turf.

:thumb:

I think this journal has really reached its end. The plants I have left are just not worth keeping the journal going for. I will put up a new journal after I get some growth on the seedlings and start having something to show.

I'll be subscribed to everyone's journals and will be hanging out for a while in those journals...if that is okay.

So, do I have to tell the powers that be to move this to completed journals or will this be done because moderators are subscribed and posting here and will see...John? Reg?

Any news from Dianne?

Yeah.. sounds like you have it going on. Thought I'd add my 2 cents in cause I love outdoors. :) Putting in the line today- nose is full of dirt like dirty sancho. Everyones bought up the plastic, lazy bastards Oh well, hope your outdoor grow is better than mine this year. I might stick one in the corn for giggles while I'm rolling around in the cilantro.

:peace:

I think this journal has really reached its end. The plants I have left are just not worth keeping the journal going for. I will put up a new journal after I get some growth on the seedlings and start having something to show.

I'll be subscribed to everyone's journals and will be hanging out for a while in those journals...if that is okay.

So, do I have to tell the powers that be to move this to completed journals or will this be done because moderators are subscribed and posting here and will see...John? Reg?

Any news from Dianne?
If your talking about Lady Dee (Denisse) she's back home & doing fine. You can PM 420 girl to move t6his to completed Journals.

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Thanks for sharing your grow with us.
Please head over to the 420 Strain Reviews forum and post your smoke report there too! :cheer:

I’m moving this to Completed Journals now.

In the future, whenever you complete a journal, please use the Report Post feature found at the bottom left of every post, so we can be alerted to move it for you.

Hope all is well in your world.
Love and respect from all of us here at 420 Magazine. :Namaste:

Will do. As soon as I dry and cure it I will report on it. Thank you for all you do. This is an amazing place.

Good morning to my botanist friend! Have you ever seen these black "spikes"?

Muxy has been flowering for about 3 wks, what are these? thank you GF:green_heart:
00000black.png

LOL, those are purple characteristics.......take more photos of that, I would like to have a closeup on my wall......beautiful!!! Purple tipped sugar leaves!

I'm so stoked I have purple, now I have to get some tips from BAR on cloning. Cloning a flowering girl is twice as long to get roots, any tips on bud-stage-clone survival gf, kingj? I have the clonex gel, I gotta keep that purple strain alive.

Here are a couple more pics KingJ, I'll get more for you tomorrow, Muxy is growing very fast!
stipules1.png

I'm so stoked I have purple, now I have to get some tips from BAR on cloning. Cloning a flowering girl is twice as long to get roots, any tips on bud-stage-clone survival gf, kingj? I have the clonex gel, I gotta keep that purple strain alive.

Here are a couple more pics KingJ, I'll get more for you tomorrow, Muxy is growing very fast!
stipules1.png
t

Take cuts from the lowest portions of the plant and just clone normally......I prefer an aerocloner......especially as late as these cuts are going to be taken.

One more thing you can do to help the cutting is to cut it off the plant and right into room temp water. Then, take your cutter and remove the bottom of the cutting again, but UNDER the water. That way, absolutely no air bubble can form at the base of the cutting and immediately dip into the gel and medium you are using to root. I've read this is now going to be a monster crop plant. When you clone a plant in flower it takes much longer to root, so a rooting tent would benefit you. I also read this flowering plant clone will put out many more shoots, which will be interesting to watch if you use the clones you take to use the flux method. One plant would probably give you pounds outdoors.

Back
Top Bottom