GeoFlora Nutrients Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
MAN THAT'S A LOT OF READING, @Jon :D I skimmed through about 20 pages so far and picked up some good ideas. Thanks for the information and very detailed journal.
Oh thanks beez, glad it was of some use to you. Yeah, sorry, I get verbose at times. Lots of times. Lol.

The GZ and DSD are the two front plants in the first picture of post 659, and there's plenty of focus on them as time goes on. The DSD gave me 6.5 ounces. The GZ was 5.5.
You had multiples of the DSD yes? Is the 6.5 the cumulative total of all the DSD or just that one plant? Same for the GZ if you had multiples of that strain.

Found this on the web at: 5 Types of Soil Microbes And What They Do For Plants

Beneficial soil microbes form symbiotic relationships with the plant. In fact, the plant will exert as much as 30% of its energy to the root zone to make food for microbes. In return those microbes not only protect the plant from stress, but also feed the plant by converting and holding nutrients in the soil.

What Are The Different Types Of Soil Microbes?​

There are five different types of soil microbes: bacteria, actinomycetes, fungi, protozoa and nematodes. Each of these microbe types has a different job to boost soil and plant health.

Bacteria​

Bacteria is the crucial workforce of soils. They are the final stage of breaking down nutrients and releasing them to the root zone for the plant. In fact, the Food and Agriculture Organization once said “Bacteria may well be the most valuable of life forms in the soil.”

Actinomycetes​

Actinomycetes were once classified as fungi, and act similarly in the soil. However, some actinomycetes are predators and will harm the plant while others living in the soil can act as antibiotics for the plant.

Fungi​

Like bacteria, fungi also lives in the rootzone and helps make nutrients available to plants. For example, Mycorrhizae is a fungi that facilitate water and nutrient uptake by the roots and plants to provide sugars, amino acids and other nutrients.

Protozoa​

Protozoa are larger microbes that love to consume and be surrounded by bacteria. In fact, nutrients that are eaten by bacteria are released when protozoa in turn eat the bacteria.

Nematodes​

Nematodes are microscopic worms that live around or inside the plant. Some nematodes are predators while others are beneficial, eating pathogenic nematodes and secreting nutrients to the plant.
Can be as much as 50% of photosynthetic output translocated to the root zone via root exudate.

Water is key.

Need enough water for plant to be able to properly transpire so there also is enough water for the exudate going to the soil. Transpiration helps with the movement of nutrients in exchange for the exudate.

Living soil is awesome!

There are literally BILLIONS of bacteria in a cup of soil.

They cycle very quickly say hours if not minutes and some eat each other.

Im not positive but I think there are bacteria added to GeoFlora so they help break down the GeoFlora stuff into soluble form for plant uptake. Its a slow process so why we are doing week to week additions. Its my guess...that those microbes are added to specifically break down their product in case say they are added to a soil-less media.
My soil will break them down no problem with out any added microbes. Positive on that one.

Confirmed.... GeoFlora is good stuff. Try it if you haven't. I use it.

But if Ph is irrelevant to microbe grows, are you sure that's it? Mid to late flowering issues, depending on what kind of issue, *might* be the result of the plant getting ahead of the microbe load in the pot? I tend to change the Geo Bloom nutes schedule in mid to late after doing it this first time with success to every 12 days instead of 14, maybe the last two or three bloom feedings. Just wondering. Thanks.
Not sure what you mean by "microbe grows" but pH at the rhizospere regulated by the plant exudate (plants change the soil solution pH constantly) is how the plants tell microbes what nutrients to supply the plant.

Thats how plants grow in a symbiotic relationship with microbes and soil. Ya so pH is critical to plants health and growth. In organic soil we let the plant decide what the plants needs are and just supply enough of all raw nutrients and let the microbes and plants do their thing.

Add some compost as an amendment you're going to have all the microbes your soil will need for a long long time or until the soil dries out completely and the microbes go dormant. PH of exudate just changes the types of microbes that are dominant at a given point in time. That pH will change constantly in the rhizosphere based on plant root exudate.

This pH change will promote different types of microbes population. The different microbes break down different nutrients and that is the method the plants use to get the nutrients the plant requires at that given point in time.

I'm in the planning stages of my test GeoFlora run. I'll either be growing in 5 gal or 7 gal fabric pots. I think the amount to add of the GF is 1/2 cup for the 5s and 2/3 cup for the 7s yes? If I had Dynomyco how much would I mix in to the 5 gal and 7 gal pots?

I'm in the planning stages of my test GeoFlora run. I'll either be growing in 5 gal or 7 gal fabric pots. I think the amount to add of the GF is 1/2 cup for the 5s and 2/3 cup for the 7s yes? If I had Dynomyco how much would I mix in to the 5 gal and 7 gal pots?
2-4 tbl spoons I think on the dynomyco... err on the high side.

I do wish I had some @DYNOMYCO to add to the GeoFlora nutrients as I've seen a number of growers mention it enhances the grow.
You will love it! I have had wonderful success with it.
I'm sure others are growing autos with GeoFlora but I have not been able to find any grow journals (cause I stink searching sites like this) so I'll follow directions and see what comes of it.
I grew out an auto with it but I failed the plant in other areas. So not a good sample for the GF. I have a young Northern Lights Auto that will only be fed GF. It's due for its transplant. I'll be sticking with a 7 gallon container.
When I transplant, I lightly spray the root ball and the empty space in my larger container. I sprinkle the root ball and the inside of the area where I'm about to place the root ball. Just like @Emilya mentioned, I probably use 2-3 tsp at most. I use it when planting the seed and at the first transplant. I also incorporate the Earth Alive 'Soil Activator' for another boost of microbes. Excited to watch your GF plant Beez!

So it would seem 1 tsp / gallon which works out to about 2.3 tbsp / 7 gallons of soil. So I'm thinking 2.5 tbsp of Dynomyco and 2.5 tbsp of Earth Alive thoroughly mixed into 7 gallons of ProMix BX with extra perlite added for aeration. Thanks for the info ya'll.

So it would seem 1 tsp / gallon which works out to about 2.3 tbsp / 7 gallons of soil. So I'm thinking 2.5 tbsp of Dynomyco and 2.5 tbsp of Earth Alive thoroughly mixed into 7 gallons of ProMix BX with extra perlite added for aeration. Thanks for the info ya'll.
Definitely much more then I use. My only focus for refreshing mycorrhizae during transplant is directly on the root ball and transplant hole. I allow the itnital inoculation to continue expanding the population. Just my take on being frugal with it I suppose.

I will be growing an autoflowering plant and when it pops a nice taproot it will go straight into it's final 7 gallon fabric pot. So I will be mixing the Dynomycos and Earth Alive into the 7 gallons of ProMix at the same time I mix in the Geo Flora. There is no up-potting for me with autos. Not that it can't be done I just go with the plant it in it's final pot and let it grow.

I will be growing an autoflowering plant and when it pops a nice taproot it will go straight into it's final 7 gallon fabric pot. So I will be mixing the Dynomycos and Earth Alive into the 7 gallons of ProMix at the same time I mix in the Geo Flora. There is no up-potting for me with autos. Not that it can't be done I just go with the plant it in it's final pot and let it grow.
I've done that too, and still do sometimes. It just takes careful watering.

I'm thinking what I'll do is put all the ingredients into a 20 gal tote I have and mix everything up really well. Then instead of putting the infused medium in the fabric pot and watering it I'll add the water with the medium still in the tote. My goal would be to make it nice and moist but not soaking wet and then put it in the fabric pot.

I'm thinking what I'll do is put all the ingredients into a 20 gal tote I have and mix everything up really well. Then instead of putting the infused medium in the fabric pot and watering it I'll add the water with the medium still in the tote. My goal would be to make it nice and moist but not soaking wet and then put it in the fabric pot.
I would think that would activate it quite well. If it were me I'd try and do that a week before transplant or so to give the little babies time to get up and humming.

I won't be transplanting as my method with autos (usually) is to put them straight into their final pot. And GeoFlora has told me the best success with their product is to add it to and mix it well into the medium 2 days before planting into it. So the day I drop the seed into the shot glass I'll prep the ProMix.

I won't be transplanting as my method with autos (usually) is to put them straight into their final pot. And GeoFlora has told me the best success with their product is to add it to and mix it well into the medium 2 days before planting into it. So the day I drop the seed into the shot glass I'll prep the ProMix.
I meant a week before the seed goes in, not transplanting. And yeah, if GF said two days go with it. I add a bunch of stuff to mine so it needs more time. Nice to have a plan, eh?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom