GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Hey Gitter!

Yeah... I know its a dumb mistake to make, but easy to do if you are more focused on a frost free overnight temp pattern and getting them outside and into the sunlight ASAP! It is amazing how much of a difference 30 minutes less sunlight per day can make to these plants! That was literally the difference between when I put them out this season, and when I normally put them out in seasons past. We were getting 12.5 hours of daylight when I put them out this spring, as compared to the 13 hours of daylight we are at when I normally put them out just a few short weeks later in the month!

Regarding the light, airy bud syndrome...

Provided you are gowing a strain that normally produces the good dense kind of bud.. I call that light airy stuff "Pop Corn" bud. It can often have a very good amount of potency, but it lacks that dense, solid, firm feel and appearance of premium bud. You're right to assume that fluffy bud is the direct result of the plant not getting enough light during the flower cycle. Most plants end up producing at least some of this kind of bud on their lower branches because those buds are often blocked from good light by the foilage and buds further up the plant. One of the impressive things about this Harlequin I grew this year was how little of that stuff there was, even on the lowest branches. It still had some close to the main stalk, but far less than even the GDP and Blue Cheese do, and they have a lot less than your average strain does.

I really don't care for Pop Corn bud myself, regardless of its potency... Thats why this year, I have been giving those lower branch buds away to Cannabis friendly neighbors who are more than happy to take them off my hands for free! LOL! Saves me the trouble and guilt of tossing them in the compost pile. This arrangement also shifts the burden of the harvested plant's disposal over to them to deal with! One less thing to worry about after harvesting a plant, which is always a good thing.

I just give them a call when I have one ready for them, they come over, chop it off at the base, bag it up and take it all away! :thumb:

Growing up around here all we ever had was compressed brick weed. We would get a hold of some stuff from the mountains every now and again It was so fluffy and frosty a ounce would fill up two sandwich baggies. We called it "The kind bud" it tasted so good and the high was crystal clear the more you smoked the better you felt. I also like the dense nugs, but I will never shy from the fluffy stuff it may very well be best weed you ever smoked! I hope I never have to smoke that moldy brick weed again.

Last 2012 Photo Update Before Final Harvest Shots!

Here are some shots of everything that is still left to harvest except for the Blue Cheese which I will post photos of tomorrow. (I ran out of battery juice before I could get everything photographed late this afternoon)

You will immediately notice that all the strains with the slightest tendency for purple are starting to turn now that we are getting the seasonal cold nights we should have been seeing weeks ago!

M.O.N. Inferno

P1010205.JPG
P10102081.JPG

M.O.N. Grand Pa Larry OG

P10102132.JPG

P10102101.JPG

M.O.N. Grand Tahoe

P10102061.JPG

P10102071.JPG

GDP #3 Bud

P10102111.JPG

GDP #2

P10102152.JPG

P1010212.JPG

I had a bunch of stuff to take care of in town today which took several hours so I didn't have the time to harvest anything today, but I will definitely be chopping a couple of these M.O.N. clones tomorrow (10/11/12) along with GDP #3. We have rain in our forecast late tonight and higher chances for tomorrow night and Friday, so I have moved most of the plants that I could manage under cover. The Blue Cheese plants are too large now with long drooping branches which I am sure would snap if I tried to move them from where they are. Didn't check their trichomes today, but I am hoping that they show ready tomorrow morning!

It would be great to get at least one of those chopped as well. Hopefully the GDP 5 bud is dry enough that I can move it to racks and free up some hanging space in the drying closets! That is my biggest log jam with my setup! I really don't have enough drying space to handle any more than three average sized plants, and some of these are far larger than average! ;)

Stay tuned gang! :)

Definitely Harvest Time, With Out Doubt, Look Like Ones We just Harvested!!!:high-five: And Ones Getting Ready Still, Although My Heirloom Kush Went From Not Being Ripe Yesterday, Due to The Temperature drop up here, Is Now ready ENOUGH To Harvest, Nice Ambers On Her(TRICHROMES), but not Fully Flush With Them As of yet, But Still ready to Go!!!! Man Yours Are Def Ready To Go, they Are Spectacular!!!!:bravo: Harvest, Harvest, Everywhere and Not Much Time For Sleep!!!! Stay Rested!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Great way to deal with popcorn buds - keep the neighbors happy! Brilliant idea. Mine usually ends up going towards edibles projects like cookies or brownies (along with trim leaves) but sometimes I have too much of it. :)

Hee hee! Thanks Man!

I figured it couldn't hurt to have them all squarely in my camp if the need arises! I definitely know I can count on them to help me out should I need any help with anything around the place this winter! ;)

Your idea of using it for edibles is also a great idea, except I haven't ever explored that side of things. The few times I had some Cannabis brownies it didn't sit well with me at all, so I personally don't care for the effects when taken in that manner.

Growing up around here all we ever had was compressed brick weed. We would get a hold of some stuff from the mountains every now and again It was so fluffy and frosty a ounce would fill up two sandwich baggies. We called it "The kind bud" it tasted so good and the high was crystal clear the more you smoked the better you felt. I also like the dense nugs, but I will never shy from the fluffy stuff it may very well be best weed you ever smoked! I hope I never have to smoke that moldy brick weed again.

Eeeww!

That black brick weed sounds awful! You guys are right in that there is still plenty of potency in pop corn if it comes off a good strain, but I just like the satisfaction of tearing into a nice fat, dense, well trimmed rock of a bud! I find them easier to preserve over the long haul too. I like my stuff best after it has cured for a long, long time in a well controlled curing jar. Much easier to do that right with solid nugs as opposed to more lose stuff. At least that has been my experience with it. ;)

Definitely Harvest Time, With Out Doubt, Look Like Ones We just Harvested!!!:high-five: And Ones Getting Ready Still, Although My Heirloom Kush Went From Not Being Ripe Yesterday, Due to The Temperature drop up here, Is Now ready ENOUGH To Harvest, Nice Ambers On Her(TRICHROMES), but not Fully Flush With Them As of yet, But Still ready to Go!!!! Man Yours Are Def Ready To Go, they Are Spectacular!!!!:bravo: Harvest, Harvest, Everywhere and Not Much Time For Sleep!!!! Stay Rested!!! SINCERELY, JAMESTHEGREEN.:thumb:

Yeah... I almost feel like I am pushing the upper limit of waiting at this point. I usually have all my stuff in jars by the 10th of October, so it feels wierd to still have plants left to chop this late into the harvesting season. Trichomes were really close yesterday, so I bet that 75% of what you just saw in that photo update are ready right now!

I don't think another day will make much of a difference but I definitely need to get most of what you saw in those photos havested before Saturday.

Like I said previously...My biggest problem is the space to hang it all! Hopefully that GDP #5 bud is ready to come off the hangers in the morning! If not, then I am going to have to come up with a PLAN B! lol!

Last 2012 Photo Update Before Final Harvest Shots!
<snip>

GDP #2

P1010212.JPG

I had a bunch of stuff to take care of in town today which took several hours so I didn't have the time to harvest anything today, but I will definitely be chopping a couple of these M.O.N. clones tomorrow (10/11/12) along with GDP #3. We have rain in our forecast late tonight and higher chances for tomorrow night and Friday, so I have moved most of the plants that I could manage under cover. The Blue Cheese plants are too large now with long drooping branches which I am sure would snap if I tried to move them from where they are. Didn't check their trichomes today, but I am hoping that they show ready tomorrow morning!

It would be great to get at least one of those chopped as well. Hopefully the GDP 5 bud is dry enough that I can move it to racks and free up some hanging space in the drying closets! That is my biggest log jam with my setup! I really don't have enough drying space to handle any more than three average sized plants, and some of these are far larger than average! ;)

Stay tuned gang! :)

Okay, you know my love for the purples...........

I actually started smacking my lips at this pic.

Oh, and the other pics were good too, just *had to* comment on this particular one.

Please tell me you smoke that scissor hash? If not you are missing out!:yummy:

Okay, you know my love for the purples...........

I actually started smacking my lips at this pic.

Oh, and the other pics were good too, just *had to* comment on this particular one.

Heeh Heeh! :;):

I actually thought of you when I was uploading and posting those GDP bud photos! ;) Glad you liked them! The last several nights of mid 40 degree lows has really helped darken those GDP buds up! In fact everything that seems to have the slightest tendency to turn purple has really been ramping that up since this cool-down came in to our area.

What did you think of the Grand Tahoe? I was surprised to find so much purple on the bud cores after I rough trimmed the colas down tonight. M.O.N. doesn't even advertise this strain as being a purple, but up here and this late into the season, it seems that everything is turning purple with the exception of the most "unpurple" strains I have, like that Grandpa Larry OG and of course my M.O.N. Blue Cheese which turns a pretty aquamarine kind of blue, but never any purple.

Stay tuned my friend! I am planning to chop GDP #3 tomorrow morning along with a few more of these smaller M.O.N. clones! :)

Depending on how long all that takes, I might try harvesting Blue Cheese #3 which is the smaller one of the three clones I have out back.

Late Night Harvest!
Medicinal Organic Nursery's Grand Tahoe

I was feeling kind of bad that I didn't have the time to harvest any of these 8.5 week plants today. After looking back through the photos I took earlier, I decided to go out back and chop my little Grand Tahoe clone that is one of those smaller clones that Alex from M.O.N. gave me last spring.

I don't usually harvest at night or in the house, but since this plant is much, much smaller than the large plants I have been trimming up all week, I figured what the hell! It would be a snap to trim this one up in the kitchen, which it was! The GDP in the front drying closet was dry enough that I could move it off the hangers and onto a drying rack, so that would give me the room to hang this Tahoe once I got her trimmed up.

Here is that photo again of this clone that I took earlier today...

P10102061.JPG

All the branches chopped and brought inside to our kitchen counter...

P10102161.JPG

With all these autumn colors, this would make a great Thanksgiving Center Piece! :biglaugh:

P10102181.JPG

After a quick trim for hanging...

P10102192.JPG
P10102201.JPG

Here are some cola close-ups!

P10102213.JPG
P10102221.JPG
P10102232.JPG
P10102243.JPG

I had never heard of this strain before it was given to me, so I have no idea what to expect from this stuff! It has a nice pine scent to it and like all the M.O.N. stuff, is VERY sticky! I had to use two pair of scissors to get through all that you see above. I insist on clean, ungummed up scissors when I am doing close work!

The colors are really pretty, with a lot of purple on the inner bud leaves which kind of reminds me of my Blueberry Kush plants from last year. They had that same multi-colored buds and that stuff turned out great!

So... I didn't miss harvesting something today afterall! These are now hanging in my front drying closet and I have one less plant to worry about tomorrow! :)

Stay tuned for more harvesting tomorrow! :yahoo:

Cheers! :thanks:

============================================

Please tell me you smoke that scissor hash? If not you are missing out!:yummy:

Don't hate me for telling you this...But no. I just wipe them off and drop them into a shot glass of rubbing alcohol. That was the second set of trimmers by the way...You should have seen the first set before I cleaned them off! ;)

Contrary to what a lot of folks must think...I am not a big pot smoker. I use it when I need to for pain and stuff, but as a rule, I don't like to be stoned when I am working out back or working on anything actually. I wait until I am done with everything I need to do, so I can smoke a bowl of GDP or one of my other strains and just veg out in front of the TV. Once I take that first hit, I don't feel like doing anything but lounging around all day!

Thats why I need to refrain from imbibing until I have checked off everything on my TO-DO list! I have posted here while I am stoned of course, but only rarely during the day cause I usually don't light up till after dinner. I know a lot of folks around here are fully functional and productive when they are high, but thats not me! I've never been able to do anything serious when I am stoned.

Getting high and listening to music on the other hand...Now that is great!

As soon as my Harlequin has cured for awhile, I plan to put on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and toke up a storm! LOL!

:tokin:

Don't hate me for telling you this...But no. I just wipe them off and drop them into a shot glass of rubbing alcohol. That was the second set of trimmers by the way...You should have seen the first set before I cleaned them off! ;)

Contrary to what a lot of folks must think...I am not a big pot smoker. I use it when I need to for pain and stuff, but as a rule, I don't like to be stoned when I am working out back or working on anything actually. I wait until I am done with everything I need to do, so I can smoke a bowl of GDP or one of my other strains and just veg out in front of the TV. Once I take that first hit, I don't feel like doing anything but lounging around all day!

Thats why I need to refrain from imbibing until I have checked off everything on my TO-DO list! I have posted here while I am stoned of course, but only rarely during the day cause I usually don't light up till after dinner. I know a lot of folks around here are fully functional and productive when they are high, but thats not me! I've never been able to do anything serious when I am stoned.

Getting high and listening to music on the other hand...Now that is great!

As soon as my Harlequin has cured for awhile, I plan to put on Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon and toke up a storm! LOL!

:tokin:

Now you do know you can collect and save that stuff for the pink floyd show? Its so tasty and you only really need a couple of hits to put you on the darkside of the moon or in your case comfortably numb!:rofl: I do know what you mean about being fully functional at work! Me neither
:thedoubletake:

Now you do know you can collect and save that stuff for the pink floyd show? Its so tasty and you only really need a couple of hits to put you on the darkside of the moon or in your case comfortably numb!:rofl: I do know what you mean about being fully functional at work! Me neither
:thedoubletake:

LOL! :laughtwo:

Very good! I liked all the "Floyd" references in that post! :)

I know I really need to try some of that one of these days! I use to love smoking hash back in the day so I am sure I would enjoy it. Thing is for me right now, it is always something that is getting in the way of getting the plants trimmed up and into the drying closet! I kind of have an advisarial relationship with that stuff most of the time! LOL!

What would be great is some kind of solution that would allow you to rinse it off my hands and trimmers and into a container! I wonder if the drinking kind of alcohol would work as well as rubbing alcohol for getting that stuff off of things? If that was the case, then maybe I should start cleaning my trimming shears in Vodka instead? Seriously! Does that work?

I never thought about it until just now! :idea:

Heeh Heeh! :;):

I actually thought of you when I was uploading and posting those GDP bud photos! ;) Glad you liked them! The last several nights of mid 40 degree lows has really helped darken those GDP buds up! In fact everything that seems to have the slightest tendency to turn purple has really been ramping that up since this cool-down came in to our area.

What did you think of the Grand Tahoe? I was surprised to find so much purple on the bud cores after I rough trimmed the colas down tonight. M.O.N. doesn't even advertise this strain as being a purple, but up here and this late into the season, it seems that everything is turning purple with the exception of the most "unpurple" strains I have, like that Grandpa Larry OG and of course my M.O.N. Blue Cheese which turns a pretty aquamarine kind of blue, but never any purple.

Stay tuned my friend! I am planning to chop GDP #3 tomorrow morning along with a few more of these smaller M.O.N. clones! :)

Depending on how long all that takes, I might try harvesting Blue Cheese #3 which is the smaller one of the three clones I have out back.

I need t make a trip out your way... I want the TRIM DAMMIT!! oh the wonderful canna butter I could make with that. Butter for fudge, potcorn, firecrackers, mmmmmm...

EDIT: wow! that tahoe got purple! damn... I bet it smells divine.

M.O.N. Blue Cheese 1 & 2 Harvest!
Rain Forces My Hand!

I had planned to harvest GDP #3 and a few of the smaller M.O.N. Clones this morning, but after checking all the trichomes it was looking like the Blue Cheese was also ready for harvest. I stuck with my plan and began to harvest GDP #3, but then it started raining. I could hear the rain coming down pretty hard up the mountain behind our place, and it was moving our way, so it was at this point that I made the decision to go ahead and chop both Blue Cheese #1 and #2. Both plants were too big to move under cover, so I had no choice but to chop them before they got soaked.

Blue Cheese #2 which is the smaller of the two on this side of the guest house patio was the first one I trimmed up. Just before the rain came, I took the following pre-harvest photos of both plants. I am going to present you with the pre-harvest photos followed by the post-harvest photos after the bud had been all trimmed up for hang drying.

Blue Cheese #2 - Pre-Harvest

P10102282.JPG
P10102262.JPG
P10102331.JPG

P10102342.JPG

After the Chop and Rough Trim
You can see the chopped BC #1 colas in the background in a few of these shots

P1010256.JPG
P1010257.JPG
P10102621.JPG
P10102613.JPG
P10102591.JPG

Blue Cheese #1 - Pre Harvest

P10102271.JPG
P1010232.JPG
P10102301.JPG
P10102342.JPG
P10102351.JPG

Blue Cheese #1 After A Rough Trim

P10102713.JPG
P1010263.JPG
P10102642.JPG
P1010265.JPG
P10102663.JPG
P10102672.JPG
P10102683.JPG
P10102693.JPG
P1010270.JPG

These two sets of buds are now hanging in two of my three drying closets. I am going to hold off harvesting BC #3 for a few more days since it wasn't as amber as these two and it is under cover where it is. I can confidently say that this is hands down the biggest BC colas I have ever grown! Even the original mother plant didn't have a main cola as big around as some of the main colas on these two plants!

As I mentioned earlier, I was in the middle of harvesting GDP #3 when it started raining, so I have a full set of harvest photos for GDP #3 coming up in my next post!

Stay tuned for that! Looking forward to hearing what you guys think of the BC yield!
:thanks:

GDP #3 Harvest!

The trichomes on this one were just about perfect and the last few cold nights helped to bring out some additional purple to the bud leaves. Like the BC harvest update, I will begin with a few shots of the plant before the chop followed by the bud shots after a rough trim.

Pre-Harvest

P10102361.JPG
P1010237.JPG
P10102411.JPG
P1010242.JPG

The main colas chopped...

P10102482.JPG

After the rough trim...

P10102492.JPG
P10102501.JPG
P10102511.JPG
P10102551.JPG

Still a bunch left to harvest!
Even after removing all that bud, there is still a decent amount of medium sized bud still on the plant. I am taking a break from trimming right now, but figure that there is at least another half dozen nice colas still on the plant!

P10102541.JPG

Next up will probably be one of the remaining smaller M.O.N. clones similar in size to that Grand Tahoe plant I harvested last night, so STAY TUNED!
:thanks:

OMG those BD buds are fosty! You shouldn't leave bud overnight outside! Gawd, are you trying to ruin your harvest!? Look at that... Man... Now you have to dry them out after you take them in to thaw...

Huh? Are you serious?

No need to panic dude. ;)

Everything that was chopped has been trimmed up and is now hanging in a drying closet.

your just rubbing the nice colours in now arent you, just making me jealous cuz i cant grow nothing as nice as that, one day ill have some pretty buds and some worth entering in the contest, ill just need to play around a bit till i get everything right, you should be chuffed with results like that mate, truely amazing

Back
Top Bottom