GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Thanks guys! I appreciate the kind words! :high-five: :Namaste:

I'm just glad that we have such an awesome community here at 420 and a system in place to allow all of us to share what we know, and what we are doing right now! It has gotten me into the habit of documenting what I am doing now with photos and commentary!

Prior to finding this site and joining it, I rarely took photos of my grows or even my buds! The thought just never ocurred to me, since I didn't know anyone around here who would approve and/or care! :laughtwo:

I know this mite not be the place to say this but does any1 know any cheap aprtments in cali i'm lookin for a change of scenery*sigh*????

GG7, I came across your journal last night and finished reading through it today. VERY nice job on your grow and the great documentation you've done here in your journal (and great pics, too!)! :welldone:

Glad to see you got things worked out with your turbo cloner and I'm VERY interested in your experimentation with light periods and extending the hours in a day. I had never considered this, but it makes perfect sense and eager to see your results.

I'm in for the rest of the ride!

WOW! Thanks for the kind words and encouragement OldMedMan! That means a great deal to me, especially coming from you! :thumb:

THSea is a good egg! Has been asking me a few questions and trying to get all the info possible before starting his own grow. I frankly CAN NOT WAIT for THSea to start a journal and start posting photos of his first grow!

And thanks also for that link to the various plant issues. I looked through there but could not find a deficiency that manifested with the exact look of the leaves I am seeing on the Blueberrys. It could be that the soil has become locked and needs a good flush with PH balanced water, so I am going to try that this weekend.

I rarely have any issues with my Cannabis plants as you can see from all the photos in this Journal, so I am a bit at a loss to explain this. I am running these plants on an experimental 14/12 - 26 hour day light cycle, so perhaps that is simply speeding up the flowering process and the plants are pulling back on their leaf support?

As you can see from the previous photos of these plants, they were thriving 100% just a week and a half ago, so whatever this is, it came on fast.

Anyway.... I will see if a good flush makes any difference. After that, I may go back to a 12/12 or a 12/13 and see if that makes a difference. Not worried about losing the plants or anything at this point since 75% of both plants are still fully dark green and healthy. Only certain areas of the plant show signs of this problem. Hot spots perhaps? FLUSH would solve that!

Thanks again for checking out journal!

Cheers. :)

Hi GG. :) Yep, I agree a flush might do the trick. Having a problem myself with losing leaves. I think I found my problem, my pH was low. Think I need new filters in my water purifiers.
Your experiment with lights sounds like it would be perfect for autos, they love longer light periods.
Glad the problem is not life threating for your girls.

Our friend THsea is an amazing young man. He can tell you the chemical make up of almost anything. Glad he's coming home. SC just didn't agree with him. ie: no dope! :yahoo:

Hi GG. :) Yep, I agree a flush might do the trick. Having a problem myself with losing leaves. I think I found my problem, my pH was low. Think I need new filters in my water purifiers.
Your experiment with lights sounds like it would be perfect for autos, they love longer light periods.
Glad the problem is not life threating for your girls.

Our friend THsea is an amazing young man. He can tell you the chemical make up of almost anything. Glad he's coming home. SC just didn't agree with him. ie: no dope! :yahoo:

Glad you concurr with my diagnosis! :thumb:

Sorry to hear that you were having PH problems too! I rarely have any serious issues with my various grows. This Blueberry leaf problem is one of the first that I have had to deal with at least with Cannabis. I have had more than my share of problems with other plants over the years with African Violets being far too high maintenance for my tastes!

The new timer I have been using for my 14/12 experiment has failed on me with a reliability problem, so I have been forced to take everything back to a 12/12 immediately. The ON time today was supposed to be 2PM, so I let the lights stay on after I swapped my Intermatic timer back in using the original lights out of 6PM. So... They got jipped out of a full day cycle, but I can't be having an unreliable timer! Hope to get it fixed or replaced by the factory so I can try this experiment again later in the year. This flower session is going to have to stay traditional from here on out!

Regarding THSea... Did I hear correctly that the is returning the islands? He definitely sounded home sick in many of his messages.

Thanks for checking in MedMan! :thumb:

New "HOW TO" with Photos!

Just a quick announcement about a new thread I recently put together called "How to Top Your Plant and Clone the Tip!"

The DEMO features GDP Clone #3 as I actually cut the growing tip off and prepare it for the Turbo Klone! Check it out! :)

GG7, I came across your journal last night and finished reading through it today. VERY nice job on your grow and the great documentation you've done here in your journal (and great pics, too!)! :welldone:

Glad to see you got things worked out with your turbo cloner and I'm VERY interested in your experimentation with light periods and extending the hours in a day. I had never considered this, but it makes perfect sense and eager to see your results.

I'm in for the rest of the ride!

WOW! Thanks Mr. Krip! I appreciate you taking the time to read through the entire journal considering how verbose I can be at times! :laughtwo: Glad you liked the coverage and the photos! I'm doing this in the hopes that it will help others who may be growing the same strains or using the same gear as me. :) I had a lot of trouble getting good intel on many of the strains I am now growing as well as how best to care for them. Now after a decent amount time with them, I can perhaps save other growers all that trouble! :)

I'll look forward to your return and any additional comments going forward! Welcome aboard! :welcome:

Turbo Klone Session #2 • GDP and Blue Cheese!

Since we covered our first cloning session in detail a few weeks back, I am only going to provide you with the progress shots of this cutting session. Needless to say, both the GDP and Blue Cheese plants provided quality cuttings, and in the case of the GDP, we took their growing tips too after topping both plants first! :thumb:

You can read and view the entire process HERE!

And now, on to the photos!

P1011052.JPG
P1011053.JPG
P1011055.JPG
P1011060.JPG
P1011064.JPG
P1011075.JPG
P1011077.JPG
P1011076.JPG
P1011078.JPG

P1011080.JPG
P1011079.JPG

P1011074.JPG

P1011072.JPG

P1011073.JPG

The two GDP mother plants after being topped and clipped

P1011069.JPG
P1011065.JPG
P1011070.JPG

If this session runs at the same pace as our last one did, we should have rooted clones ready to be placed into soil in about 15 days from now. The growing tips may take a few days longer because they are often harder to root than lower branch cuttings.

This concludes our weekend updates for this week! We'll be back soon with another update!

Stay tuned! :thanks:

Im pumped to see this....hey goose how longs it take gdp to finish flower..i have a gdp but no clue what the actual genetics are, and blue cheese I hear is phenominal

Glad you concurr with my diagnosis! :thumb:

Sorry to hear that you were having PH problems too! I rarely have any serious issues with my various grows. This Blueberry leaf problem is one of the first that I have had to deal with at least with Cannabis. I have had more than my share of problems with other plants over the years with African Violets being far too high maintenance for my tastes!

The new timer I have been using for my 14/12 experiment has failed on me with a reliability problem, so I have been forced to take everything back to a 12/12 immediately. The ON time today was supposed to be 2PM, so I let the lights stay on after I swapped my Intermatic timer back in using the original lights out of 6PM. So... They got jipped out of a full day cycle, but I can't be having an unreliable timer! Hope to get it fixed or replaced by the factory so I can try this experiment again later in the year. This flower session is going to have to stay traditional from here on out!

Regarding THSea... Did I hear correctly that the is returning the islands? He definitely sounded home sick in many of his messages.

Thanks for checking in MedMan! :thumb:

Same with me GG. :)
Rarely have pH problems. But it is what it is.:)
Oh! Man...a bad timer! You certainly did the right thing getting them back to a normal 12/12. Things should smooth out now. I do dark at night too.

Yep, our friend THsea is coming back to the islands, I can't wait to see him. He did make some decisions while in SC and is much better off now. No joke, most people that leaves here, can't wait to get back. :high-five:

Im pumped to see this....hey goose how longs it take gdp to finish flower..i have a gdp but no clue what the actual genetics are, and blue cheese I hear is phenominal

Good question! :laughtwo:

This is my first grow with GDP. It took me over a year to track down a grower that actually had verifiable GENUINE GDP mother plants that I could get cuttings from. My plants came from NorCal, the birth place of GDP, so they definitely like the weather up here in the mountains! :)

Genetics of GDP is Purple Urkle and Oregon Big Bud. GDP was a cross/hybrid of the two and this original pairing is only available as clones from the originals. GDP that is grown from seed is NOT the same thing, and this is what leads to so much of the confusion as to GDP's quality, potency, consistency, yield etc. Those with the real thing have nothing but praise for the plant, and based on how beautiful mine are, I would have to agree! :thumb:

Flowering time?

I am guessing the flowering time will be similar to the Blue Cheese plant I am also cloning from. (The plant that came in second in the POTM contest yesterday) I let that one flower for 8 weeks and have been totally satisfied with the quality of the buds and the potency/effect.

As soon as I am done with the current cloning session, I think I m going to go ahead and put GDP #1 into the veg room under 12/12 and get it started on flowering and then move it to the Bloom Room after the Blueberrys come out. The plant just looks too good to wait another four to five weeks for it to begin naturally outside. Now that it has been topped, it should be grown out enough in two weeks. GDP #3 will have to stay outside and flower naturally along with the Purple Urkle mothers and the seed plants.

P.S. Blue Cheese is GREAT! I like it as much if not more than the store bought GDP bud I had been using in my vaporizers. It is definitely a vape quality strain!

Same with me GG. :)
Rarely have pH problems. But it is what it is.:)
Oh! Man...a bad timer! You certainly did the right thing getting them back to a normal 12/12. Things should smooth out now. I do dark at night too.

Yep, our friend THsea is coming back to the islands, I can't wait to see him. He did make some decisions while in SC and is much better off now. No joke, most people that leaves here, can't wait to get back. :high-five:

Thats great news about TSea! So cool that you guys are going to hook up when he gets there! :thumb:

As for the timer... Today I called the dealer I bought the original iGS-11L timer from and arranged to send it back for a refund. Still waiting to hear back from the company on the iGS-15's issues. Not sure why they are not getting back to me, but at some point, it will be time to call the CC company and dispute the charges. The thing is useless to me in its current state. ;)

P.S. Blue Cheese is GREAT! I like it as much if not more than the store bought GDP bud I had been using in my vaporizers. It is definitely a vape quality strain!

I am so glad to keep hearing all this positive talk about the BC. I really thought your BC was going to take POTM.

If you get a chance could you take a look at my journal and give me your thoughts. :Namaste:

Hey GG7
You are definately dedicated with all the problems that you have over come. I can tell that you are doing your home work.
I didn't see if you ever flushed your ladies ..... The first time me and Mrs. Clayhead flushed are plants ( they say 3 times the water to size of plant) 5 gallon pot = 15 gal water, we used 154 gallons of water Holy crap ! I was dead set against spending $ on one more bottle of something or another. But after some talking and research I did buy a flushing mix. It made sense that the nutes leave deposits and sodium(salt) builds around the roots and clogs the pours. When I flush , later today, the flush solution will clean off all these deposits so that they can really suck up the nutes again. Also I will only be using 1 gal. of water per plant.
We also did our clones the old school way ..... cut the clones and stuck them in a jelly jar of distilled water ...... change the water every 2-3 days and it took 10 days for really nice roots and right into the soil .... 2 days later they are the healthiest clones I have.
You are doing great, I'll be hanging and watching :high-five:

Clearex is a wonderful product, not only does it clean out all the nutes but I believe its got sugars in it to feed the beficial bacteria in the medium...im pretty sure it does anuway, what I know for a fact is its awsome stuff...i flush at thirty days then again two weeks before finish and the taste between the ones flushed and not is a huuuuuuuuge dif

I am so glad to keep hearing all this positive talk about the BC. I really thought your BC was going to take POTM.

If you get a chance could you take a look at my journal and give me your thoughts. :Namaste:

Hey Man! Thanks for stopping by! Yeah... I have to admit I was pretty disappointed that it didn't win since it is one of the coolest looking plants I have ever seen! That was my first experience with growing BC and I had no idea what to expect from it. As I mentioned already, the bud from that plant is 5-STAR and right on par with any of the heavy hitters like GDP, White Rhino, Blueberry, Purple Urkle etc.

I just got back from checking out your journal! I left a comment for your concerns about the color of your BC plants. As I said there, looks like a simple case of too little Nitrogen. Generally when the entire plant is showing the same hue, and it is the very light yellow/green, its Nitrogen it needs and ASAP! The fastest way to get it to the plants is by using a chemical fert like Miracle Grow BLUE. I think it has a Nitrogen value of 21 or something crazy like that. I don't normally use MG on my Cannabis unless I see the exact problem you are seeing with your BC plants.

One or two waterings with the 1 TBSP per gallon ratio and you should start seeing a rapid improvement! :thumb: If you are worried about burn or something like that, just cut the ratio in half and extend the feedling schedule. That will take longer but you will be playing it safe as far as your plants reaction to the MG.

Hey GG7
You are definately dedicated with all the problems that you have over come. I can tell that you are doing your home work.
I didn't see if you ever flushed your ladies ..... The first time me and Mrs. Clayhead flushed are plants ( they say 3 times the water to size of plant) 5 gallon pot = 15 gal water, we used 154 gallons of water Holy crap ! I was dead set against spending $ on one more bottle of something or another. But after some talking and research I did buy a flushing mix. It made sense that the nutes leave deposits and sodium(salt) builds around the roots and clogs the pours. When I flush , later today, the flush solution will clean off all these deposits so that they can really suck up the nutes again. Also I will only be using 1 gal. of water per plant.
We also did our clones the old school way ..... cut the clones and stuck them in a jelly jar of distilled water ...... change the water every 2-3 days and it took 10 days for really nice roots and right into the soil .... 2 days later they are the healthiest clones I have.
You are doing great, I'll be hanging and watching :high-five:

Thanks ClayHead!

Appreciate the info on flushing and how the traditional cloning process works for you! I had very poor results with the Rockwool approach.

Fortunately most of my grow problems have been related to meachinical devices and not anything having to do with my plants! ;) This leaf issue with the Blueberry is an odd one. 3/4 of both plants are still lush green with a smattering of these dying leaves mainly on the branches that contain the largest flower buds.

WEEK 4

Anyone got any opinions on what deficiency causes this particular leaf condition? I've never had a plant with leaves like this before, so any help would be appreciated! Notice the brown spots in addition to the gradual yellowing and curling.

P1011050.JPG
P1011049.JPG

Check out the contrast between these leaves on the same plant compared to the others above and below! Most of both plants are still lush/dark green, so that is making it very hard to figure out what this is. My original hunch was that this was just early fan leaf pullback as a result of the flowering cycle. Maybe it still is?

P1011048.JPG
P1011047.JPG
P1011046.JPG

They have only been fed FoxFarm Big Bloom which is a very mild fert mixture, but LOW on Nitrogen, so it could just be the the Blueberry doesn't like to be fed a bloom feed this early (started at Week 2). I've flushed both and am giving them a half dose of organic Kelp Extract which is high in Nitrogen and Phosporous. Can't pinpoint what condition is causing this leaf issue.

Clearex is a wonderful product, not only does it clean out all the nutes but I believe its got sugars in it to feed the beficial bacteria in the medium...im pretty sure it does anuway, what I know for a fact is its awsome stuff...i flush at thirty days then again two weeks before finish and the taste between the ones flushed and not is a huuuuuuuuge dif

Really? Hmmm... I may have to get me some of that stuff! I've never had the need to flush a plant until the normal pre-harvest flush with plain water, but didn't know that something like this Clearex can be used for pre-harvest flushing. Are you sure that stuff is safe to be ingesting? If you are flushing with that up to harvest, then there is definitely Clearex in your bud! :hmmmm:

I'll go Google it and read up!

Thanks for the tip! :)

I was going to suggest Maxicrop foliar on the leaves (or a small shot of MG). It's funny how it's not even the entire leaf changing too. Give it a few days to see if the N fixes it.

I was going to suggest Maxicrop foliar on the leaves (or a small shot of MG). It's funny how it's not even the entire leaf changing too. Give it a few days to see if the N fixes it.

Thanks OG!

I was toying with the idea of a Micracle Grow BLUE feed, but the odd thing is that other branches of the same plants are as dark green and healthy looking as you could ever want them to be. This issue seems to only be effecting branches that have major colas on them, which brings me back to the possibly of this just being "normal" pull back from the plant for more focus on bud production. This issue has not effected any of the small and increasing number of curly bud leaves. They are nice and dark green and are starting to have a thickening layer of trichomes. :thumb:

I went ahead and ordered a quart of that Clearex the KDog suggested. I figured that it wouldn't hurt to flush these with something that is proven to release any frozen nutes and such from the soil just in case this is still some kind of soil issue. It will be here tomorrow via Amazon.com, so I will give them a dose of that immediately when it arrives and see what happens.

I'm still not too concerned over this right now, since the majority of both plants look normal and the coloas are all developing nicely so far.

Ya i wouldn't worry to much unless it starts spreading im a outdoors grower i run into some funky leaf things but if the over all health of the plant is good don't worry your outdoor plants look amazing i dont have a journal but just put up some new picks in my gallery ive got some 9 foot lucys and I believe my ladies are having babies i see hairs all over them WOOOOO HOOOOOOOO a little early this year but ill take it :) :peace:

Back
Top Bottom