GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

Take your time on the PM, it's pretty obnoxiously long!

Cool, it seems most people now days are really inspecting their trichomes. :) science, huzzah! That is one awesome microscope, cant wait to see the pictures.

Thanks! I will. Had a few more things to take care of today than I had originally planned. ;)

Glad you liked the microscope! I messed around with a few cheaper ones that sucked, so I returned those and spent a little more $$ than I had originally planned for something with real quality and precision. The difference in actual usability for Trichome checking is HUGE, so it was worth the difference in money, no question. :)

I'll probably be posting my first trichome shots of the Blueberry plants in my next weekend update on Friday. :)

Extra!
Blueberry Leaf Issue Update!

After giving the flushes a time to have their effect, I decided to go to town this morning and snip out ALL the fan leaves that were showing 50% or more yellowing. As I was going through the branches and removing these leaves, I started to see a welcomed pattern emerging! Under every yellowing fan leaf I removed was a very well developed flower top growing out from the branch below.

After completely removing all of these yellowing leaves, the number of flower tops nearly doubled! They had previously been encased in the dense foilage and couldn't be seen from my vantage point, but they were still rather large!

My conclusion is that this yellowing leaf issue at Week #5 is a deliberate act on the part of the Blueberry plants. They are shutting these down to not only recycle their nuttrients, but more importantly, to open their canopies so that ALL of their developing flower tops can get the light they need! Most strains do this eventually, but way too late to help. I usually thin the canopy manually around week 6 to accomplish the same thing. These Blueberries are helping me out by "Flagging" the leaves they want me to remove MUCH earlier than most strains ever would! :thumb:

I grabbed some Bamboo stakes and used them to prop up the lower branches that were starting to sag under the weight of the growing buds! Now they are almost the same height as the main and secondary colas. :)

Oh! The other fringe benefit to all this trimming and staking was the awesome aroma that filled the room! A combination of Jasmine, Lilac, Mint and Honeysuckle! My hands were so sticky I had to wash them several times during all this manipulation.

I really like this strain! :thumb:

P1011159.JPG
P1011156.JPG
P1011158.JPG
P1011160.JPG
P1011161.JPG

WoW those look really nice! I think EVERYONE and I mean everyone wishes they had that problem of having to stake their colas up! :)
NICE JOB

WoW those look really nice! I think EVERYONE and I mean everyone wishes they had that problem of having to stake their colas up! :)
NICE JOB

Thanks MS! :)

Yeah! THis is the first time I have felt the need to use stakes on the lower branches, but these plants are SO LOADED with really large and HEAVY colas that it made sense to give it a try. I was pleased when the idea worked so well, and all those lower branches proved long enough to actually equal the height of the mains once they were pushed up and into the center of the plant!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon! ;)

:thumb:

My First Turbo Klone Session Review Republished on 420!

I am pleased to announce that the review and step by step "walkthrough" of my first Turbo Klone session has been republished in its entirety here on the site under the product reviews section!

420 Magazine > THE GROW ROOM > Growers Forums > Grow Supply Product Reviews

I had asked the 420 staff if it would be possible to separate that session out from within all my other journal entries, and they were kind enough to accommodate my request!

420 Cyclist was the staff member who performed the extractions to my specification and created a brand new, seamless thread. Special thanks to him for taking the time required to create this new seamless version here:

Turbo Klone T-48 Review - Start to Finish

Check it out if you get a few minutes. Should come in handy for folks thinking about buying an Aerocloner and are looking for options! :thumb:

Thanks MS! :)

Yeah! THis is the first time I have felt the need to use stakes on the lower branches, but these plants are SO LOADED with really large and HEAVY colas that it made sense to give it a try. I was pleased when the idea worked so well, and all those lower branches proved long enough to actually equal the height of the mains once they were pushed up and into the center of the plant!

Thanks for stopping by and I hope to see you again soon! ;)

thank you I plan to stay very active on here for as long as 420 will have me :). I have been lurking for way to long and I have a lot to learn and some to share.
Please keep up the most excellent work!
:peace:

I will be really interested in hearing your yield on those suckers!

I think OMM will have a good yield on his BB plants too.

So I will take it as your main suggestion for a strain to grow is BC? Sounds great to me! Ugh, I gotta get off the internet. When you come back home you always have friends that want to catch up!

thank you I plan to stay very active on here for as long as 420 will have me :). I have been lurking for way to long and I have a lot to learn and some to share.
Please keep up the most excellent work!
:peace:

Thanks! I will try! ;)

Glad to hear that you have decided to become more involved with the site! I was a lurker (guest) myself for almost 6 months before I finally signed up and started contributing here. I am SO GLAD that I did because I am finding that a lot of folks are actually finding some useful info from my own growing experiences! I feel that everyone involved in the 420 movement and all that goes along with it has something to contribute here! :thumb:

I will be really interested in hearing your yield on those suckers!

I think OMM will have a good yield on his BB plants too.

So I will take it as your main suggestion for a strain to grow is BC? Sounds great to me! Ugh, I gotta get off the internet. When you come back home you always have friends that want to catch up!

Thanks THSea!

As you know, the Blue Cheese plant I raised from those "Medicinal Organic Nursery" brand BC seeds came in second place in the July POTM contest and gave me some incredible bud, so I wouldn't hessitate to purchase another batch of their strain of BC seeds in the future. Not sure how it compares to Barney's but you saw the photos of what my plant turned into at harvest time! :thumb:

As far as the Blueberry yield estimates...

Based on a eyeball guesstimate, I am figuring maybe 3-4 oz of dried/cured bud per Blueberry plant. I am really impressed with this strain in terms of the bud density and the number of secondary branches that actually have close to main cola diameter flower tops! :cheer:

In addition to their physical appearance, the SMELL of the blooms is really pleasant! Any time I have to go in there to trim off dead leaves and adjust the stakes, I barely touch the flower tops and my hands are covered in sticky resin and that resin smells like an exotic perfume! Wish there was a way to upload the aroma of the Blueberry flowers! Definitely one of the more aeromatic strains I have grown, and not that usual SKUNKY smell either. This is more like walking into a flower shop! :thumb:

Today I started them on their two week flush. I am using Blackstrap Mollasses (1 TBSP per gallon) mixed with half the normal dose of Fox Farm Big Bloom (1.5 TBSP per gallon). Every three days for the next week.

After that, I plan to use this bottle Clearex I bought and flush them with that in water until Harvest time. I really wish I had done more research into what Clearex actually was (Sugar water) before I wasted 15 bucks on a quart of what I can make myself for about .50 cents a quart!

All Clearex is is a combination of two complex sugars, water, fragrance and a food grade preservative...

Sucrose (ordinary table sugar)

PLUS

Glucose (Corn Sugar better known as Dextrose)

and

Sodium Benzoate * (A food grade preservative).

* You don't have to use the Sodium Benzoate but your sugar water mixture will grow bacteria and other organisms in record time without it!

I went ahead and picked up the Dextrose and Sodium Benzoate from Amazon.com, since none of our local stores sold Dextrose or Sodium Benzoate. A health food store or a wine/beer making store would likely sell both, so I would check there first for the raw materials! :)

I'm gonna post my recipe in another post after this in case any of your guys are interested. :)

GG7's Recipe for 2 Liters of 2x Strength Homemade Clearex

2 Liters of fresh RO water
120 grams of Dextrose (corn sugar)
60 grams of Sucrose (regular white table sugar)
1.5 grams sodium benzoate (preservative)

Add dry ingredients to your container or saucepan* and then add your 2 liters of fresh RO water. shake/stir/heat to dissolve.

* I heated mine in a saucepan on the stovetop to 250 degrees to make sure that everything was dissolved into solution before bottling.

Use 15 ml (1 TBSP) per gallon of water for flushing your potted plants.

Compare the above at about 2 bucks per gallon of the concentrate to the commercial brands at $35 - $50 a gallon! :thumb:

WOW!!!!!!!!them plants are lookin amazing will be using that sugar recipe i always have large amounts of sugar around i feed humming bird they go thru about 2 and a half gallons a week plus i like to make a little shine every now and again hey got some new outdoor pics in my gallery if you want to check out hope all is well with you and yours :Namaste: :thumb:

Hey GG7, was wondering when you have guest over does any stumble in by accident and discovered the jungle? Plants looking great. How long have you been using that recipe?

Thanks 12! :)

That area is not visible to anyone from the front of our property, and you would be SERIOUSLY trespassing to get back there, and will be on 4 different 24/7 surveilance cams if you do. We don't get many visitors to our remote location these days, and when we do, we don't go out to the back hill area. Too far from the house. ;)

As for the recipe for the Homemade Clearex... I made a 2 liter batch, but have not used it yet. I am am going through the quart of Clearex I bought previously first. The ratios in that recipe are the same as the percentages of ingredients listed on the back of the Clearex bottle.

3% Glucose
1.5% Sucrose

95.5% inert ingredients.
;)

WOW!!!!!!!!them plants are lookin amazing will be using that sugar recipe i always have large amounts of sugar around i feed humming bird they go thru about 2 and a half gallons a week plus i like to make a little shine every now and again hey got some new outdoor pics in my gallery if you want to check out hope all is well with you and yours :Namaste: :thumb:

Thanks Papa! :)

Handy that you may already have the Dextrose on hand! That and the Sodium Benzoate preservative were the hardest ingredients to find for me. No one within 30 miles of our place sold either of them.

If you make a batch of that, make sure that you use the same ingredients I listed. You MUST have the Dextrose and Sucrose in the proper ratios along with your RO water and your Sodium Benzoate. Just using regular table sugar mixed with water won't cut it.

I am augmenting my pre-flush with two feedings of BlackStrap Mollasses, 1/2 dose of FF Big Bloom and 5.7 PH adjusted water. I give 1 gallon of this mix to each plant. My last one of these feedings is tomorrow, and then on the start of Week 7 I begin the Clearex flushes every other watering until harvest. :)

Cheers an thanks as always for checking in. :)

Weekend Update! • 08/13/11
Outdoor Plants Starting to Set Bloom!

Its that time again! The pace is really starting to quicken as our long summer days are giving way to early fall. Up here in our neck of the woods our outdoor Cannabis is already starting to react to the change by beginning to set bloom!

GDP #3 and #1

P1011211.JPG

Here are some shots of the increasing flowering behavior on the GDPs outdoors.

P1011183.JPG
P1011184.JPG
P1011185.JPG

May have to fire up the indoor 18/6 veg area sooner than planned to keep my BC mother and my other chosen mother plants from going too deep into flower. Trying to clone from a flowering plant is a royal PIA even with a cloner! No thanks!

The Latest Blueberry Bud Photos • Week 6

Starting to notice that the plant on the left that had been topped is producing a lot heavier trichome coverage than the plant on the right that was not topped.

P1011163.JPG
P1011164.JPG
P1011168.JPG

The GDP Bud Photos • Week 5

P1011199.JPG
P1011200.JPG
P1011198.JPG
P1011197.JPG

BBK and Urkle Clones Added to Bloom Room

These two clones came out of our previous T48 session, and are just about 10" tall. I wanted to see what would happen if I put them under 12/12 this early.

BBK Clone
Nestled in between the two original clones in the Bloom Room

P1011165.JPG

Purple Urkle Clone
The edge of the bathtub will have to do for now!

P1011167.JPG

Turbo Klone Session 2 • Day 14
First Clone Emerges Today!

We are just days away from the magical moment when the cuttings push out their root spikes and go from simple cuttings to official clones!

Today one of our GDP cuttings (#4) took the prize as the first official clone to emerge from our latest session!

P1011179.JPG
P1011178.JPG
P1011176.JPG

The remaining cuttings are getting very close with tons of root buds, but no actual root spikes yet. Most of the cuttings have been feeding on their lower fan leaves which is always a good sign that your cuttings are just about to become CLONES! We anticipate that by Wednesday, August 17th, we will be updating this journal with more photos like the ones above!

P1011175.JPG

Outdoor Updates!

Blueberry Growing Tip • Clone #1

P1011208.JPG

The Clones from Our Previous Cloning Session

P1011190.JPG
P1011189.JPG
P1011187.JPG
P1011191.JPG

And there ya have it folks! :cheer:

Hope you enjoyed these latest photos, and we hope to have even more cool shots next weekend as we get closer and closer to the harvest of our Blueberry Kush plants!

See ya soon! :Namaste:

Weekend Update II • Special!
GDP #1 into Bloom Room • Blueberry #2 Moved Outdoors

With all of our outdoor NorCal strains already in the pocess of setting blooms on every growing tip, I made a pretty radical decision this morning! I decided to remove Blueberry #2 from the indoor Bloom Room and take it outdoors to finish its last two weeks of flowering outside!

I have been noticing that the trichome coverage of this plant was not as heavy and dense as the other original BBK clone, so the thought that more intense natural sunlight might help to increase that coverage between now and harvest time a few more weeks from now.

The other side of this coin was the fact that both our remaining original GDP clones were both starting to set some serious flower tops all by themselves just by being located on the shady back hill under the canopy of our local forest. I figured that the plant looked to already be close to 2 weeks into its flower cycle, so why not take advantage of that and put it under serious 12/12 lighting conditions?

Here are the results in photos...

Blueberry #2 Now Back Outdoors for a few weeks of direct late summer sun, in order to increase trichome coverage before harvest. It is always a treat to see flowering plants under natural lighting! The most striking difference is how dark green the leaves are compared to all the vegging plants.

P1011221.JPG
P1011215.JPG
P1011222.JPG

Some of the lower buds are pretty thick already, but I want all of them to look like this and clone #1 still in the Bloom Room.

P1011224.JPG

Changes in the Bloom Room

After some shifting around of lights and whatnot, along with some lower branch pruning, I was able to squeeze GDP #1 into the tub next to Blueberry Kush #1. A few of our 10" clones in 1 gallon pots are nestled in between the larger plants.

P1011216.JPG
P1011217.JPG

GDP Already Well Into Its Natural Outdoor Flower Cycle

P1011218.JPG
P1011220.JPG

The Theory Behind My Decision to Try This

In addition to my severe lack of indoor flowering area space, there has been some anecdotal evidence that a 14/10 light cycle during the last two weeks of flowering can increase yield, bud density and overall potency. This idea is similar to my ongoing experiments with 14/12 and other unconventional flowering light cycles.

Right now, our local natural light cycle is currently 10:52 hours of darkeness and 13:38 of daylight with the night cycle increasing in length every day as we head towards fall, so I felt secure that our natural light cycle is close enough to the 14/10 to avoid any reveg issues. The fact that all of our outdoor plants are starting to flower makes me feel pretty confident that I can finish this plant through harvest outdoors under this natural light cycle.

I guess we shall see! ;)

Back
Top Bottom