GG7's Indoor/Outdoor Grows!

GG7, great update and great pics! I tried to give you +reps again, but need to spread it around more first! The trich pics are absolutely amazing! :bravo:

Also, your explanation on how to ID PM is great! :welldone:

Plus, your plants look fantasic! :thumb:

Thanks Mr. Krip!

I appreciate you checking in and going through the LONG update! Glad you enjoyed the Microscope shots and the low down on PM!

Keeping this thing updated with useful and quality photos is a heck of a lot more work than I expected when I started! :nomo:

Starting to notice a slowdown in the number of people checking it out each week compared to some of the other long journals, so I am seriously thinking of closing it down after I harvest the BBK plants.

I'll decide based on how much action this latest update gets this week. ;)

Thanks for the attempted reps! I have no idea how all that works. I still have one green square so I guess it takes a lot of reps to see any change.

Thanks again for checking in! :thumb::thanks:

GG7, with all due respect, my Brother, do NOT shut down this journal! This is definately one of the best journals on 420 and your knowledge on the subject is something that can't easily be replaced.

Don't think that, because you don't get a lot of responses to your posts, that you don't have a lot of people watching! Most of them probably feel you don't need any help, or they're not in a position to provide help, so they're just enjoying the show.

There are many of us here who learn a great deal from your posts and we would be disappointed to see that stop! :Namaste:

Good luck with your PM treatments - :goodluck:

Those trich pictures are fantastic. I have one of those kids handheld "eyeclops" things and it's fun to look at the trichs on the Plasma TV. ;) Those are amazing pictures you took.

Love the way the GDP's look - sure hope you win the PM battle.

Take care - keep the journal! :)

No Way! Don't close the your Journal Goldengoose7 ;)

The average is about a 115 pages are so. What I'll do after my current growl is finished and chopped I'll close it and start part 2.

Your furnishing to much valuable info to stop. You probably have a hundred lurkers a day that never say a word. We old timers are learning from you too! :thumb:

GG7, with all due respect, my Brother, do NOT shut down this journal! This is definately one of the best journals on 420 and your knowledge on the subject is something that can't easily be replaced.

Don't think that, because you don't get a lot of responses to your posts, that you don't have a lot of people watching! Most of them probably feel you don't need any help, or they're not in a position to provide help, so they're just enjoying the show.

There are many of us here who learn a great deal from your posts and we would be disappointed to see that stop! :Namaste:

Hi again Mr. Krip. WOW! I didn't really think of my journal as one of the best on the site by any stretch, but getting a compliment like that from someone like you, who has been here and contributed so much for so long carries a lot of weight! :Namaste:

I guess my concern is in how buried this and many of my other threads seems to get after even a few days of no additional posts/comments. I've been on various forums for years, and we all know that a buried thread usually ends up being a DEAD THREAD! :rip:

Just didn't want to be going through all this additional work of taking photos while trying to tend the plants, writing the commentary and then putting together a nice looking presentation if no one was reading it, and/or it couldn't be found under the PILE of other more active thread posts. ;)

Based on your comments, I guess I need to lighten up on my worries that no replies means no interest. ;) The whole LIKE thing, while cool, may have something to do with it, since it allows all of us to acknowledge a post we like without actually bumping the thread back up onto the first page where new users are more likely to see it and subscribe.

I'm definitely encouraged by all the requests to KEEP GOING, so I guess I have no choice now! :laughtwo: If the info is being read and making it out to the folks who could use it the most, then I have no problem going for that 115 pages Old Med Man mentions in his latest post here. :)

Thanks again for your support and enthusiasm over this journal! It really means a lot! :thanks:

Cheers. :)

WELL DONE!!! And we are following my friend, but it is wiser to listen to someone of your skill and knowledge ..Mr K said it well...

WOW! Thanks GT! I consider myself more of a veteran gardener than a veteran Cannabis grower since I haven't been growing Cannabis nearly as long many of you, or as long as most of my other food crops. I know that many of you guys who have commented just now have probably got YEARS more experience with this crop than I do.

I just do a lot of research into any crop I grow long before I commit, but the bulk of the info I have been offering is more related to my 30+ years of growing stuff in general. Cannabis is just one of the latest additions to my crop collection here at the homested. ;)

Thanks again buddy! I really appreciate it! :Namaste:

Good luck with your PM treatments - :goodluck:

Those trich pictures are fantastic. I have one of those kids handheld "eyeclops" things and it's fun to look at the trichs on the Plasma TV. ;) Those are amazing pictures you took.

Love the way the GDP's look - sure hope you win the PM battle.

Take care - keep the journal! :)

Thanks for the kind words Xlr8!

Cool! You view your Trichomes on your TV? I like that idea!

:eek:fftopic:

I use a program for Mac OSX called EVOcam to handle the feed from the USB camera in the microscope. I have the app running on several of our computers here on the home network mainly for webcam surveilance of our property, (especially the Cannabis growing areas) but it can be used for anything involving a USB camera of any kind.

Our main EVOcam installation has nearly a dozen LIVE webcams running on it simultaneously, and each in their own window on our 27" 2560 x 1440 display. I can zoom in to any of them, record something I see, or just rely on the MOTION DETECTION feature to only record a cam's live feed when motion is detected in that view. I use that on most of them and as a result, I've probably got one of the largest collections of Sierra Nevada wildlife video on the plant! :laughtwo:

If any of you guys happen to also be a Mac OSX user, check it out! Very cool! :)

Regarding the continuation of this journal...

I'm more than happy to keep going knowing that you guys care this much about what I am contributing! I'm honored and frankly touched by all these comments I see this morning! A few days ago, all I saw was virtual tumbleweeds blowing down the street. :laughtwo:

Doesn't feel at all like WORK when you know you have people out there eagerly waiting for your next update! That is the kind of incentive ANYONE would find hard to resist!

:thanks:

I kind of have that feeling as well. The likes are nice and you can see people are reading your journal just not responding.

I agree with all the peeps before me. I think Mr. Krip said it the best especially for a newer grower like me it is hard for me to comment other than what a great job you are doing.

You have a vast amount of knowledge for our beloved plant. I really enjoy reading your journal to learn.

:goodjob::welldone::circle-of-love::thanks::thanks::thanks:

No Way! Don't close the your Journal Goldengoose7 ;)

The average is about a 115 pages are so. What I'll do after my current growl is finished and chopped I'll close it and start part 2.

Your furnishing to much valuable info to stop. You probably have a hundred lurkers a day that never say a word. We old timers are learning from you too! :thumb:

WOW you guys! I really wasn't expecting this much support with just a mention of possibly stopping my journal entries! :circle-of-love:

Thanks for your great comments and words of encouragement MedMan! Again, when you hear stuff like this from guys in the field that I really respect, it really does make a difference in my own perception of the importance of my own contributions and THIS journal! :) :love:

If there are 100s of other people reading it that I don't know about, I feel kind of dumb for even suggesting that no one would notice if the updates stopped. ;) :thedoubletake:

:thanks:

Thanks, GT! +REPS to you for covering me! :)

:thumb:

+ reps from me too, don't shut it down, keep on the PM issue

Thanks OG! :thanks::cheer:

I appreciate the rep and you taking the time to add your vote of approval to what I am doing here!

Okay, okay!... Lets consider the case closed! This Journal WILL CONTINUE as long as I have the ability to perpetuate it going forward!

One thing I would like to ask you guys though... IF you can, PLEASE POST a comment after an update. Even if it is just one line, it will bump the thread back up to the first page where more people can see it.

THANKS!:thanks:

P.S. Regarding the primary topics of my recent update.... The PM situation seems to have been totally eliminated from ALL of the previously contaminated plants. Compared to Roses and Cucumber plants that I have had to treat for the same problem, MANY, MANY times over the years, the Cannabis responded to the same anti-fungal solutions far quicker than I have seen before after both infections I have had to deal with, and apparently NO SIGN of a reinfection.

Still... As we get closer to fall and our humidity levels outside begin to rise, this incident has given me pause as to what could possibly happen to the outdoor plants come October when conditions for PM outside will be far higher.

Man! I SURE HOPE that I can get those plants to harvest without a massive PM infection taking them all out! PM is in the air here, like it is everywhere, so I am a bit concerned about late September/October outdoor conditions.

Guess we will just have to wait and see!

I will probably post a few updates during the week this week since the BBKs are heading towards week #8 and harvest this coming weekend. :)

Stay tuned and thanks again to EVERYONE who took the time to voice their positive support of keeping this journal going even after my upcoming BBK harvest! :thumb:

I kind of have that feeling as well. The likes are nice and you can see people are reading your journal just not responding.

I agree with all the peeps before me. I think Mr. Krip said it the best especially for a newer grower like me it is hard for me to comment other than what a great job you are doing.

You have a vast amount of knowledge for our beloved plant. I really enjoy reading your journal to learn.

:goodjob::welldone::circle-of-love::thanks::thanks::thanks:

Thanks MedGrower!

I am frankly OVERWHELMED by this outpouring of support from all you guys!

Man! I had NO IDEA! :circle-of-love:

I am guilty of relying too much on the LIKE button myself. I know why we all do it though. Most of us are busy tending our own grows with all that entails, and hitting LIKE is a lot easier to show support than trying to think of something to add to the conversation that hasn't already been said.

Still... I think we all need to remember how these fast and furious forums work when it comes to keeping things in the public eye! If a new user can't find the thread, it doesn't matter how helpful it is. :)

I'm going to make a resolution to do more posting in everyone's threads, even if it is just to add a :thumb: and a bump! :)

And to be clear... EVERYONE is welcome to post whatever questions or comments they want in any of my threads! I don't know everything about this stuff, so input from others can often help me learn something I didn't know before!

Don't be shy! ;)

GG7, Good decision! :bravo:

I had meant to mention it in a previous post (not to "beat a dead horse"!) but, when I was speaking with 420 regarding the problems with my account, they told me they had received messages from a bunch of people asking about me, and they started rattling off screennames of people who had inquired. Although I recognized many of the names, many I did not; and MOST of them have NEVER posted in any of my journals and I had no idea they were even following my grow!

You're really doing good stuff here, and I'm glad you can see that I'm not the only one who thinks so! :bravo:

I think they all said it beautifully when they stated DO NOT STOP!

I mean just for starters I was going to mention to you to use milk, but being a seasoned veg grower you already new that and I bet most people did not know they could do that for their cannabis plants. Information like that and more importantly the method you use to deliver the information is just GREAT!!!
so from the bottom of my heart pelase don't stop.

As for the grow they are all looking so fine! can't wait for harvest pics and commentary.
:peace:

I think they all said it beautifully when they stated DO NOT STOP!

I mean just for starters I was going to mention to you to use milk, but being a seasoned veg grower you already new that and I bet most people did not know they could do that for their cannabis plants. Information like that and more importantly the method you use to deliver the information is just GREAT!!!
so from the bottom of my heart pelase don't stop.

As for the grow they are all looking so fine! can't wait for harvest pics and commentary.
:peace:

Thanks MS! I really appreciate your support! :thumb:

I learned about the Skim Milk / Baking Soda thing on a Rose growers forum about 12 years ago when all our prize plants were getting covered in the stuff! I wanted something organic that wouldn't harm the buds or opened flowers and living in a remote area, the local shops don't sell anything like that. I read about the Milk treatment and gave it a shot. By God if it didn't do a number on the fungus, although it took a lot more treatments than what it took for the BBK and GDP plants!

Since I keep mentioning my "OTHER" crops, I thought I would go ahead and tell you guys the story of what really got me into all this kind of stuff.

OFF-TOPIC WARNING! :eek:fftopic:

My Own Selectively Bred "RED" Jalapeno Pepper plants!

We had been raising the normal green ones for years, saving the seeds for the next season, when one year we ended up with a plant that started looking a lot less green than all the others. It was a good grower as a seedling and into young adulthood, so I wanted to keep it alive. I tried everything, but nothing could fix the yellowy look of the plant's leaves.

Several weeks later when it started producing pepper pods, they were all the same light green/yellow color. THEN something unusual happened! Within a few days they all started turning Fire Engine Red! Green Jalapenos will do this too if left on the vine long enough, but it can take months! These things were doing it in a few days!

We sampled a few of the ripe peppers and found them to be excellent in flavor with a much more complex pepper taste than usual, and just a tad bit hotter than our normal green ones that spawed this mutant.

Being the savvy home gardener, I made this plant my special project and began collecting and saving all the seeds from these unusual peppers. Fast forward to today, and the "RED" is all I grow now! All from that one original plant.

Here are a few shots I took in our pepper garden!

P1011331.JPG
P1011332.JPG
P1011334.JPG
P1011335.JPG

We make a special "Hot Relish" out of these peppers that has been a huge hit with our friends, relatives and neighbors, so we are kind of "expected" now to provide every August when the peppers ripen. :laughtwo:

Everything I learned from growing my peppers I applied to everything else including the Cannabis.

Now back to your regularly scheduled program. ;)

i too have been growing just about everything else since i was aboy, was raised on a farm....nice jalapenos, ever heard of a Ghost pepper? ive been trying so hard to find them.....

i too have been growing just about everything else since i was aboy, was raised on a farm....nice jalapenos, ever heard of a Ghost pepper? ive been trying so hard to find them.....

Hi GT!

Thanks!

I'm not at all surprised that you have a lot of growing experience with other crops! Growing up on a farm is one of the best ways to learn the trade! :)

I have heard of the Ghost Pepper, but most call it the "Ghost Chile". I think originates from Thailand or somewhere like that. Supposed to be one of the hottest thing around on the Scoville Scale.

I prefer my peppers in the 7 to 10k range for most dishes. I did grow some Scotch Bonnets a few seasons back. Hotter than HELL! I still have a bunch of them vacuum sealed in a freezer! :laughtwo:

also would love some of those red jala seeds for next year...pm me if it is a possibility please

Seeds? Sure! I think I can spare some! I'll PM you about it. You might want to wait for some from THIS grow, cause a couple of plants, like the one in the photos are especially good this year! Plan to take some seeds from some bigger pods this week. Up till now, the smaller ones are all going into the Relish.

So far, these are hitting at about a 10 to 11k heat. A bit hotter than last year's crop, but it is still early and most have not popped RED yet.

Back
Top Bottom