God's First Grow - COB & LED - Cuvee, Jack Skellington - SCROG

So there's 2 strains there, I can finally start seeing the difference in them really, I'll do a better job of separating their pics in the future

Both are TGA Subcool strains

Cuvee (30/70 Sat/Ind) BlackBerry Kush X Romulan X Cindy 99

This one is on the left in my tent, it is producing way more bud and filling out much more then the JS is. This one isn't as frosty as the JS, it's staying a bit shorter and is just thriving now. Remember only a few weeks ago this one looked very weak, it has come a very long way in such a short time.

Jack Skellington (70/30 Sat/Ind) Cindy 99 X G-13 X Jacks Cleaner X Space Queen

This one is still stretching a bit, but is producing insane amounts of crystals, seriously, my Iphone may not do a great job of capturing its essence, however it looks like it's been snowed on.... I'm sure one it stops it's stretch it will start filling out a lot more.

Can't say it enough, but I'm very happy with where I am to date, honestly don't think I could be happier. Neither of them is really producing a strong scent or aroma yet, today I pinched part of the stem for each plant and ran my finger up and down it to get a good idea of the smell, and they are both wonderful, just don't really smell anything when I open my tent :high-five:

Day 27

Cuvee
420-magazine-mobile2069893068.jpg
420-magazine-mobile2105540078.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1724025534.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1415534538.jpg

Jack Skellington
420-magazine-mobile751490064.jpg
420-magazine-mobile472680764.jpg
420-magazine-mobile917607037.jpg
420-magazine-mobile256342826.jpg

Really hard to believe that's only 2 plants .

Impressive! They do look freaking beautiful <3

Day 28 flower

Huge busy day today..... Past 2.5 weeks I haven't been able to tend to the girls because of hurting my neck, I had a hard enough time just watering them, forget about trying to keep up with under my screen....
Today I finally felt good enough to get under there, and was there ever a TON of unnecessary foliage.... I'd say I easily took off 3+ lbs..... Not something I wanted to do this late in flower, but we're only at the half way point so hopefully there's plenty of time and hopefully this will promote lots of top growth...
420-magazine-mobile1977819137.jpg

Had to pluck off a number of big bud sites that were inches below the screen, really wish I could have gotten to these weeks ago, unfortunate circumstances is all
420-magazine-mobile1011621292.jpg

Mm what do they smell like?

It smelt good, had no gasoline smell at all, that much I can tell you lol :high-five:

I'll try and keep this short, I know tend to ramble sometimes haha.......... Basically I don't know anything about strain recognition or terpenes at all...... I been smoking almost 25 years now, 12 yrs old when I smoked my first one, by 14/15 I was a daily chronic and it's really only been the last year or so that I've actually started to learn about the strains....

Where I grew up and live it's always been very accepted you know, I been burning in the open since I was a teenager and people around here aren't bothered by it one bit, you get the odd person who snubs their nose at it but other then that most people either smoke it, or don't consider it any different then drinking..... However we failed HARDCORE at strains, I mean really really bad......Growing up weed was referred to in 2 terms up here, "SES" or "hydro", and here's the funny part, while "SES" comes from the term sensimillia meaning seedless, up here we referred to SES as anything that had seeds......generally it was very dark, dry, packed into "bricks" and was loaded with seeds, 95% of the time it was shit smoke, a lot of people considered it Jamaican, though the more I learn about it I'm starting to believe it was mexican sativas, the thing is that 5% of the time where you did find good smoke, it was always a very uplifted laughter filled high, the best kind IMO

Hydro referred to basically anything that had color in it lol, people tossed in some made up names like "red hair hydro.....", Kush was a reference to it being on your "top end" it didn't actually refer to the strain Kush... and that's how I grew up knowing weed, I didn't know about Sativas and Indicas until my early 20's, but even at that point it was only learning through the internet, and when we picked up from our dealers it was still hydro, hi grade, medium grade low grade etc.... The only strain that would have been distinctive was skunk.... it wouldn't have ever been known as Skunk X ???, anything crossed with skunk would have been referred to as skunk only ........

Anyways, that's a big part of why most of the seeds I'm trying to hunt down are older strains, ones that I would have smoked back in the mid 90's on up, I'd like to grow them and see if smoking them and smelling them will remind me, possibly even trigger old memories(I have this happen from time to time where a smell of a perfume or something can trigger an old memory).......I'd love to be able to put names to strains that I've smoked in the past, I have a great interest in this :Namaste:

Super cool to hear about your experience with cannabis! So different than in BC lol although I guess there's always different levels of immersion in the world of cannabis culture! Thanks for sharing that story though, super interesting to compare experiences with you:p

Surprising really though, I come from one of the largest metroplitans in NA(GTA)..... I'd figure coming from such a central area it would have been much more informative and on par then just such general terms used....... From BC though eh? I used to get some great shipments in on train from out there, some on the nicest "pine" and skunk buds I smoked in my day came from that way :thumb:

Surprising really though, I come from one of the largest metroplitans in NA(GTA)..... I'd figure coming from such a central area it would have been much more informative and on par then just such general terms used....... From BC though eh? I used to get some great shipments in on train from out there, some on the nicest "pine" and skunk buds I smoked in my day came from that way :thumb:
Yea I would think that there would have been more info around too! Problem is I guess that's where a lot of the big time commercial growers just grow some critical or something high yielding and throw it on the market under some random name, or like you experienced, hydro or ses. It's kind of an old school thing, I know a lot of people who have been smoking their whole lives and don't know that there's such thing as different strains lol

I try to explain it like a palette for food or drink, it develops as you taste and try different things, and take note of subtle differences as your able to pick them up. Of course it helps when your not getting bricks of bud from Mexico, and some high quality shit grown in BC ;P quality makes all the difference for learning about strains!

Anyways I have been lucky enough to be in the industry for a long time and I can tell you the world of strain discovery is a massive and fun one. Sometimes you can find a strain that matches your brain chemistry perfect and it's like fireworks going off! Cecil p for example, is one I've recently tried and I find it completely sets my brain up for success, bridges broken links, speeds up data flow, and makes me feel healthy! It's crazy. Dispensaries are great for this, expensive but good to try strains your thinking of growing!

I'm totally rambling now and forget wtf I was trying to say but I think it was something along the lines of there's a big world of cannabis out there, go have fun kiddo .

Y'all may remember "Beast", he was my best plant through veg, when he sexed o tossed him outside.....he did lose a lot of his vigor when he went outside, mainly due to lack of light, cooler temps, lot of overcast the past couple weeks etc... Past couple nights it's dropped to the low 30's so I figured it was time, better early then too late
420-magazine-mobile655361687.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1414390130.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1197415401.jpg

He had so much growth left to do still, such a strong plant
420-magazine-mobile1737273400.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1811992209.jpg

He had an incredible root system, he held the entire 5 gal pot together with ease
420-magazine-mobile2024764451.jpg
420-magazine-mobile137480647.jpg
420-magazine-mobile401061451.jpg

The ladies look like they responded well to yesterday's hacking, when I opened up the tent this morning it smelt wonderful, a nice surprise .

Day 29 flower

Girls are looking good

Cuvee
420-magazine-mobile388781288.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1441191002.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1073920251.jpg

Jack Skellington .
420-magazine-mobile2050680716.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1246940887.jpg
420-magazine-mobile27693574.jpg
420-magazine-mobile62569304.jpg
420-magazine-mobile707815343.jpg

Smell wise, it's very very sharp, sickly/sweet, if I had to guess I'd say pinene, the Jack Skellington is the dominant smelling one, don't really smell pine so much though, kind of hard to explain lol

Super frosty,I can only imagine how strong that dank smell must be! Some really fine buds coming along there! Good job God!

Re: God's First Grow - COB & LED - Cuvee, Jack Skellington - SCROG

Day 29 flower

Girls are looking good

Cuvee
420-magazine-mobile388781288.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1441191002.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1073920251.jpg

Jack Skellington .
420-magazine-mobile2050680716.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1246940887.jpg
420-magazine-mobile27693574.jpg
420-magazine-mobile62569304.jpg
420-magazine-mobile707815343.jpg

Smell wise, it's very very sharp, sickly/sweet, if I had to guess I'd say pinene, the Jack Skellington is the dominant smelling one, don't really smell pine so much though, kind of hard to explain lol
What's up GOP, ladies are looking beautiful. That Jack Skeleton is a frosty bitch. Canopy is looking bomb. Keep it up

Thanks gents :Namaste:

Ordered a few things in today.....Got some NFTG Herculean Harvest(bone meal), Athenas Aminas(aminos), Zeus Juice(Ha + Kelp), The Kraken(crab+shrimp meal) that should be here by next Tuesday......Then EM-1 & Hygeias Hydration(yucca) should be here within a couple weeks :bravo:

List is starting to dwindle down slowly, SLF 100 is my next one to aim for!

Day 31 flower

Ladies continue to look great......Both are supposed to be 8 week flower strains, however I feel like the Sativa Frostitute is going to be a bit longer, still has a lot of filling out to do(I hope)

Cuvee
420-magazine-mobile782640164.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1372679030.jpg
420-magazine-mobile191900856.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1630141636.jpg

Frostitute
420-magazine-mobile1925549072.jpg
420-magazine-mobile622188449.jpg
420-magazine-mobile971485105.jpg

Day 33 flower

Wasn't really impressed with growth over the weekend...... Had given them Plus C and recharge on Friday
Cuvee
420-magazine-mobile1547507563.jpg
420-magazine-mobile756290690.jpg
420-magazine-mobile1550292437.jpg

Jack Skellington
420-magazine-mobile359445839.jpg
420-magazine-mobile707896289.jpg
420-magazine-mobile631967979.jpg

Decided to lower my light a bit today and start pulling some of the outside colas inwards, trying to aim for minimum 800 PPFD on the outside colas, the main square is about 1400-1500, may lower it even more depending how well I can pull these colas in......will do little by little over the next couple days and defoil some leaves blocking sites......time to ensure maximum potential for the finish .

Cuvee has started turning her hair colors over the past week or so, still plenty of white but the orange is becoming more and more noticeable

Here's my start .
420-magazine-mobile1013567249.jpg

Back
Top Bottom