GodSpeed's 2L Hempy SOG

Real pretty looking roots and clones :goodjob: I wish I had some of those blades!:thumb:

Cheers Sisco i was very surprised to see roots so soon, took 7 days to root so after a week in the hempys ill take another 12 in till i am at max capacity giving me a 12 plant harvest every 2 weeks, i got 20 boxes of 100 of these blades for free because they are past there sterile date, they are still sealed in there packets so i have no problem with using them!

:Namaste:

looking good GS, quick Q....how long does it usually take to root clones using clonex n root riot cubes? just interested coz im gonna pop a purple kush n do a 2l hempy sog, once the grow im on is flowered out, just so i know for future refernce

keep up the good work

Looking great man, always a pleasure to read your thread.

BC

looking good GS, quick Q....how long does it usually take to root clones using clonex n root riot cubes? just interested coz im gonna pop a purple kush n do a 2l hempy sog, once the grow im on is flowered out, just so i know for future refernce

keep up the good work

I think rooting times come down to your techniques more than what products you use, i have had clones take over 2 weeks to show roots and clones show in 5 days, clones that show in 5 days are from mothers on a light diet that have been leeched of nitrogen to build carbohydrates in there stems, this promotes root growth better then any product you can buy.

To answer your question

This is the first time i have properly used root riots, i used to use rock wool but they are about the same i would say, with clonex, rock wool and plain water to mist, roots show and are ready for potting in 8 - 10 days, with the riot cubes, and gold range they were visable in 6 days ready to pot in 7.

There isnt much diffrence to be honest if you want super fast results with massive roots try your hand at a aero cloner.

Good luck ! :thanks:

As i have rooted these in cubes and not my aero-cloner there root structure is a lot smaller than what they would of been, they were going to go straight to flower from rooting but now i have decided that i would change this a little to give better results, so here is the new steps that will be taken.

20120221_165908.jpg

Turnover;

• Day 1 cuttings will be taken prepared and put into the propagator
  • 7 days later these will be potted with coco into small pots to grow a better root structure
  • Day 14 a week after there potting, dropped into there 2L hempys and moved to the flower room.

These clones shouldn't take long once they hit the coco, the times are only estimates as they have only been in the coco for 24 hours so far but i think 7 days will give the roots plenty of time to get a structure similar to what they would of been in an aero-cloner. They will be fed 2 grow feeds one in there small pots and one on there first week of flower this should give them enough nitrogen before switching to a flower feed, i will be using the plant magic 2 part and as these are not mixable like the 3 part i will have to pay close attention to nitrogen deficiency but i think they will be alright with the amount of nitrogen in there flower feed.

100% success rate

20120222_180816.jpg

20120222_180824.jpg

2nd week Rooting feed (2 litres Ro water);

-3ml Grow A
-3ml Grow B
-5ml Rhizotonic

-EC 0.4
-PH 5.8

-Pot size - 1" x 1" x 2"
-Medium - Coco Coir
-Food - Plant Magic

Im think i made the right decision to let there roots get a little more advanced i will keep an eye on them and if they grow quicker then expected ill put them in to flower sooner, from start to finish this will take 2 weeks plus the week in flower they will take to switch over totaling to 3 weeks, as soon as these are into the grow room i will take more from the mothers this should give them plenty of time to grow new nodes to cut, i will also take about 20 cuttings in future just in case some do not root i think i was lucky this time.

:Namaste::peace:

Man reading sure is learning!

Good looks on the stronger clones/when/how to grab them off your mother
would have never thought to drop the nitrogen increase the carbs - cut and you'll have a faster/healthier/stronger overall clone!

:bravo:
Exper(t)imenting you are!

Hey Spiri reading sure is learning :thumb:

If you have a garden and are going to be taking cuttings have a go at build the carb's and take some cuttings, then feed here a heavy nitrogen feed and next day take more cuttings, root side by side hey even in the same propagator the results are extremely noticeable and worth the extra work!

:thanks:

Looking good Godspeed,
Yeh the roots will explode in coco, coco's great for root structure. I'll be watching all the way as I want to see how the 2Lhempys do in 12/12 from clone or a couple week after.:goodjob:

Back
Top Bottom