GodSpeed's 2L Hempy SOG

Cant wait to see whats ahead!
loving the grow!
how are the moms growing along?

how are you going to maintain your moms?
in what system and how big?

In the same system that you implied on the first mom?
or a different method?

I think it could get costly running that system for a series of moms wouldnt it?

GOOD LUCK! :high-five:

Hey SpiriTHC welcome
:welcome:

Mothers are doing well getting bushy now still not producing as much as needed but they are not far away, the mums are just in soil 6.5L Pots being fed fish food and the odd bit of rhizotonic to keep the roots healthy and strong.

The original mother was in a table top gravity fed flood bucket, i chose a nutrient res to be no less then 25L this keeps the solution a lot more stable then say a 10L res, 100L res are even more stable, that been said the nutrient solution needs to be changed every week/2 so there is a lot of waste nutrient, if there were multiple plants all running off this res there would be less waste making the system more efficient, costing you the same as it would as running say 1 or 2.

Training technique's are still the same lots of pruning to get vigorous node growth and multiple shoots for cloning, nice short and busy, minimal nutrients and light spraying to keep carbohydrates high and nitrogen low, this cuts rooting time dramatically with more clones taking.

:thanks: for dropping in.

:peace:

Thanks for the advice!
Much appreciated!

Now for my grow i am going to run a SOG under x3 1000k HPS
So i need to figure out how many mother plants I would need a for that run and
What does my floor measurements look like so I know how much space I would need and
How many hempy pots should I fit under each 1k HPS (Going for max yeild) (my hempy pots are 4"x4" and only 6" inches tall)

Progress update

The girls have settled in to the 6.5 Liter pots now with there roots hitting the sides and bottom, they are requiring watering more often now every 2-3 days just plain water with Rhizotonic. Growth is speeding up with new node growth popping up all over the plant, i found using the MH for vegging that growth is a lot more squat then using the HPS giving more stretch, this might be useful for most gardeners but i'm finding that i am having to chop the canopy fans away more often to give penetrating to lower growth, were as with the hps these nodes would of been a bit longer and able to absorb these rays easier so i have decided to switch the MH for the HPS and see if my predictions on growth will be correct, i am hoping the nodes will have a little bit more stretch enabling them to reach for there precious light source with ease, at the moment the inter-node spacing is near on nil measuring under 1cm.

Learn something new

These were potted up into 6.5L pots from 0.45L pots there was a few issues wile the roots grew to fill there space being the medium stayed wet for along time, i now realize the importance of potting up through various sized pots letting them root there containers fully before transplanting again i.e. 0.45L ^ 1.5L^ 3.5^ 6.5L this would of sped up the rooting process allowing less medium to still moist around the mothers feet and giving an all-round stronger more vigorous root structure.

Last night was pretty cold and temps got down to as low as 19*c, out side temps are 0*c ...Brrrrrrrr i have the fan controller set to 10% trying to get the temps to rise, i have set my house therm-o-stat to 22*c and 30 min's since lights on temps have risen to to 21*c, i'm not expecting any problems with high temps in the next few months that's for sure!

Over all i am very happy the grow over 2 months behind schedule but that's my fault for putting all my eggs in one basket, i now have 9 different strains training to be mothers and will start to get some clones into 2 liters over the next few weeks, Im running out of meds and need to restock.

:peace::love:

Progress update

The girls have settled in to the 6.5 Liter pots now with there roots hitting the sides and bottom, they are requiring watering more often now every 2-3 days just plain water with Rhizotonic. Growth is speeding up with new node growth popping up all over the plant, i found using the MH for vegging that growth is a lot more squat then using the HPS giving more stretch, this might be useful for most gardeners but i'm finding that i am having to chop the canopy fans away more often to give penetrating to lower growth, were as with the hps these nodes would of been a bit longer and able to absorb these rays easier so i have decided to switch the MH for the HPS and see if my predictions on growth will be correct, i am hoping the nodes will have a little bit more stretch enabling them to reach for there precious light source with ease, at the moment the inter-node spacing is near on nil measuring under 1cm.

Learn something new

These were potted up into 6.5L pots from 0.45L pots there was a few issues wile the roots grew to fill there space being the medium stayed wet for along time, i now realize the importance of potting up through various sized pots letting them root there containers fully before transplanting again i.e. 0.45L ^ 1.5L^ 3.5^ 6.5L this would of sped up the rooting process allowing less medium to still moist around the mothers feet and giving an all-round stronger more vigorous root structure.

Last night was pretty cold and temps got down to as low as 19*c, out side temps are 0*c ...Brrrrrrrr i have the fan controller set to 10% trying to get the temps to rise, i have set my house therm-o-stat to 22*c and 30 min's since lights on temps have risen to to 21*c, i'm not expecting any problems with high temps in the next few months that's for sure!

Over all i am very happy the grow over 2 months behind schedule but that's my fault for putting all my eggs in one basket, i now have 9 different strains training to be mothers and will start to get some clones into 2 liters over the next few weeks, Im running out of meds and need to restock.

Sounds like you've got them under control now. Hey! We live and learn. You can take my word for that! :high-five:

Hey GS..that AK you got ...is that a auto or no???

No brother the AK is a feminized, i have an auto Cream caramel to top up my med stack, these are in veg room under 18/6 62 days from seed to harvest.

Thanks for the advice!
Much appreciated!

Now for my grow i am going to run a SOG under x3 1000k HPS
So i need to figure out how many mother plants I would need a for that run and
What does my floor measurements look like so I know how much space I would need and
How many hempy pots should I fit under each 1k HPS (Going for max yeild) (my hempy pots are 4"x4" and only 6" inches tall)

Wow sounds exciting SpiriTHC

Well you could have one monster mother or 10 smaller mothers this would be a decision you would have to make, i have gone for more mothers keeping them smaller if something was to happen to one of them i have a backup.

How much space do you have to grow under 3k of HPS Spiri?

Sounds like you've got them under control now. Hey! We live and learn. You can take my word for that! :high-five:

Hey OMM yeah i am trying, gets tough when you have so much to do!

Sex verification

Ok so was doing the doing check over the girls before lights out and noticed they were showing there pre-flowers all the feminized are female of course and The Purps are male bit gutted but excited to finally have a male in the garden, Yippy... Ok so will be taking a cutting from the OG Kush, Snow white and northern lights to pollinate, will be sinking another Purps seed soon as im desperate to try the fruits.

Setting up my Bud box 75 x 75 x 100 for the vegging girls to go in under some T5's giving me the 1.2 x 1.2 x 200 for the breeding girls and boys, question for the breeders out there at what point is it dangerous to keep a male in the flower room i.e when does his pollen sacks drop, Also if i wanted to to have say 4 girls in there flowering and 3 to produce seeds and i am very careful to just pollinate there pistils very lightly what would be the odds of the others getting pollinated? 10 - 20%

:circle-of-love:

Hey GodSpeed. I'm no expert on males, but think I would move it to place by it's self. I have only had one male. I put it in my bathroom with a CFL and only few days later it's balls were popping. Just saying be careful.

There are few posts in the How to Grow Section that will tell you all you need to know. A Purp Daddy....cool! :bravo:

well i have seeds in my current flowering girls, i have seen a male flower or 2 in there i have no male going, elsewhere, and most of my buds are lightly seeded, so it really does not take much, i am yet to grow with out at least a few seeds showing up,im on my 7th or 8th grow in the past 4 years, i take the male to another room as far away as possible as soon as i see clusters forming, then collect pollen as the sacs bust open, but they kind of pop when they open throwing pollen in the air, i personalty have no issues with seeds showing up,in fact i love it, i breed as often as i can, i love free seed, if you keep him in the flower room, and you have fans going and let him do a full nut bust all over the girls you can expect lots of heavily seeded bud ! great if thats what you want, you could end up with hundreds even thousands of seeds!:peace::adore::goodjob::thumb:

:thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:Shes Got Balls :thedoubletake::thedoubletake::thedoubletake:

IMG_11128.JPG

Continuing from last night The Purps is a verified male with little man bits hanging out all over the place, out of all the plants hes by far the healthiest and with a rub of his shaft ... :laughtwo: the smell is amazingly POTENT! :loopy: He has super thick leaves and a sturdy short structure with lots of node growth, the leaves are not as vibrant green more chalky green with red lines running up the nodes, he is the first out of the lot to need nutrients and the first to fill his pot with roots, the ladies cannot wait to get a taste of his man juice and I'm eager to catch there seeds.

IMG_11166.JPG

Man Bits
IMG_112012.JPG

Once i have some rooted clones and the male is further along i will kick off another journal, as you can see from the picture i have taken one of his nodes to bonsai to for second round of purple pollen. sorry about the wording in the previous paragraph bit excited here! :)

Hey GodSpeed. I'm no expert on males, but think I would move it to place by it's self. I have only had one male. I put it in my bathroom with a CFL and only few days later it's balls were popping. Just saying be careful.

There are few posts in the How to Grow Section that will tell you all you need to know. A Purp Daddy....cool! :bravo:

Thanks OMM i check out the how to forum and get a few answers but was unable to find any information on pollinated girls in the flower room with non pollinated girls, im thinking with a well ventilated room there will be still be some pollen floating around.

well i have seeds in my current flowering girls, i have seen a male flower or 2 in there i have no male going, elsewhere, and most of my buds are lightly seeded, so it really does not take much, i am yet to grow with out at least a few seeds showing up,im on my 7th or 8th grow in the past 4 years, i take the male to another room as far away as possible as soon as i see clusters forming, then collect pollen as the sacs bust open, but they kind of pop when they open throwing pollen in the air, i personalty have no issues with seeds showing up,in fact i love it, i breed as often as i can, i love free seed, if you keep him in the flower room, and you have fans going and let him do a full nut bust all over the girls you can expect lots of heavily seeded bud ! great if thats what you want, you could end up with hundreds even thousands of seeds!:peace::adore::goodjob::thumb:

oh yeah I:love: purple! oh and I :love: seeds and breeding!! lol

Bigirishdoode i am moving him tonight away from all other females as im running low on meds so need some fruits -seeds, i have 3 gardens one in the loft for the 2L Sog, 1.2 tent for flower + breeding and a 75cm bud box for vegging, now my girls are not ready to start a SOG so iv germinated some other feminized to flower out in the 1.2 in till the mothers are producing.

Q's

If i was to put some pollinated females in the flower room with them what will be the odds of cross contamination and cause my feminized to produce seeds?

If i was to be very careful to only pollinate only a few hairs and keep her out of the flower garden for a length of time when would it be safe to put them in there with the others?

Have you got your breeding program running yet?

Thanks OMM i check out the how to forum and get a few answers but was unable to find any information on pollinated girls in the flower room with non pollinated girls, im thinking with a well ventilated room there will be still be some pollen floating around.

Bigirishdoode i am moving him tonight away from all other females as im running low on meds so need some fruits -seeds, i have 3 gardens one in the loft for the 2L Sog, 1.2 tent for flower + breeding and a 75cm bud box for vegging, now my girls are not ready to start a SOG so iv germinated some other feminized to flower out in the 1.2 in till the mothers are producing.

Q's

If i was to put some pollinated females in the flower room with them what will be the odds of cross contamination and cause my feminized to produce seeds?

If i was to be very careful to only pollinate only a few hairs and keep her out of the flower garden for a length of time when would it be safe to put them in there with the others?

Have you got your breeding program running yet?

GodSpeed, I'm doing this by memory so........here goes........It doesn't take long for the pollen to effect the females. After painting on the pollen with a small brush or using a paper bag filled with pollen. You can almost immediately
wash the impregnated buds with water. This kills all the left over pollen. :adore:

GodSpeed, I'm doing this by memory so........here goes........It doesn't take long for the pollen to effect the females. After painting on the pollen with a small brush or using a paper bag filled with pollen. You can almost immediately
wash the impregnated buds with water. This kills all the left over pollen. :adore:

Thank you OMM this is great news and has relaxed me some what, always there to save the day massive thank you.

:adore:

Water does deactivate pollen. I'm wary of pollen in my house anywhere. It really is easy to pollinate selective buds. I wood take the mother plant to another room and pollinate where ya wanted to and wait a hour or two then wash and then tie a paper bag over the soon to be seeded bud. They say water works but I woodn't trust any pollinated bud in front of a fan. Well to each I wish ya luck. Keepem Green

Back
Top Bottom