Godzilla Cookies Auto Sponsored By Herbies Seeds & Bestva LED Pro4000

Damn bugs!

Quick Update and showing off some pest damage. #3 was looking weird yesterday, maybe even the day before that. Today, there was no mistaking that thrips decided to make an appearance. Smashed every single one that I saw. SNS209 foliar applications will begin tomorrow.

Eek scary bugs!!
Its always been what have put me off going organic. If I'm honest I have a bit of a bug phobia in general nevermind on my ladies lol. Will they be hard to deal with or have any lasting damage?

I have done soil grows in the past. The only pest I had was mushrooms haha. Literally mushrooms would grow every night when lights where off. Didn't harm the plants at all, actually one of my best quality grows haha

The only pest I had was mushrooms haha.
I love fungi! Signs of some good soil. The mushrooms were helping break down the organic nutrients and making it more bio-available to the microbes for your plants.

I probably brought the thrips in from outside. @Sierra Natural Science SNS209 will wipe them out and I just need to stay on top of it the rest of the way and I won't have any other issues. I don't have a very good routine about keeping clean between outside and inside. Bugs just don't rattle me. I'm going to trust my systemic applications and move on.

The babies got their first foliar applications of SNS209 at 8mL/32oz H²O. I will continue this routine throughout the grow. Every few days for the next three weeks. After that is done, then a preventative spray every couple weeks. So simple and so far has been very effective.

Sorry about the thrips but they're looking pretty happy otherwise! Did you spray the bottoms of the leaves? I find it tough to get under there with seedlings but that's where the bugs are. :)
Yeah, thrips suck! They'll be gone soon enough. I squashed everything I could see both top and bottom. I did spray a little below but not much. Just enough to coat it and some on the soil to start absorbing that way too.

Another update with some closeups of the thrips damage.

They also got another FULL drench of liquid organic 1-1-1 feed. I wanted to make sure the medium was fully hydrated again. It was getting a little too dry. Very close to being too dry I think. I'm glad I checked them again tonight. I think they would have started to look stressed by tomorrow.

PPFD is an average of 330-350 across the canopy. Bumped that up to 400 tonight.

Rea are thrips spider mites?

Coz I’m riddled with spider mites! Not me personally, I mean my plants.
No, they are different. These SUCKers are bigger and they don't leave a web like spider mites. I already don't see anymore but I'm moving forward either way as if there are some left. SNS209 until the first few weeks of flower. After that, I may introduce it into the drench water routine. A little goes a long way I have found. I over used it in my last grow and it eventually killed off all gnats and there were no signs of pest life other than beneficial bugs in my soil.

Dam 3 pages behind, once again hashfart still doesn't understand why he gets notifications only half the time , they look very good brother , I would say let them pots dry put big time for the bugs , but with them being autos I wouldn't risk stressing them , I couldn't even tell you had bugs , I might try aquarium gravel the top 2 to 3 inches for the Mr big stuff , I can't see it hurting , a sharp rocky grave yard the bugs would have to emerge from , ps your set up is fire

Damn those bugs hurting your ladies. How dare they!
I go with my suggestion to shed to you as well. KILL THEM WITH FIRE!! Hahah :)
I contemplated getting the blowtorch out kasr night. Then my tiny little Shed on my shoulder (with angel wings) told me to be calm. They got another foliar of SNS209 this morning (top and bottom). I have not seen any more since I smashed them all. I know there are probably some babies hiding so I'll have extra watchful eyes! Blowtorch is at the ready if things get out of hand!
Dam 3 pages behind, once again hashfart still doesn't understand why he gets notifications only half the time , they look very good brother , I would say let them pots dry put big time for the bugs , but with them being autos I wouldn't risk stressing them , I couldn't even tell you had bugs , I might try aquarium gravel the top 2 to 3 inches for the Mr big stuff , I can't see it hurting , a sharp rocky grave yard the bugs would have to emerge from , ps your set up is fire
Hey Fart! No worries. Thanks for the tips! I have tried turface as a mulch and it definitely helped keep the bugs away. I have also used granular DE for a mulch.

I contemplated getting the blowtorch out kasr night. Then my tiny little Shed on my shoulder (with angel wings) told me to be calm. They got another foliar of SNS209 this morning (top and bottom). I have not seen any more since I smashed them all. I know there are probably some babies hiding so I'll have extra watchful eyes! Blowtorch is at the ready if things get out of hand!

Hey Fart! No worries. Thanks for the tips! I have tried turface as a mulch and it definitely helped keep the bugs away. I have also used granular DE for a mulch.
Not really a tip just an experiment I might try

Does Neem oil work for thrips too? I use it for spider mites and it works well.. Takes a few weeks though
Hey RM. Thanks for chiming in. I'm a fan of neem too. I prefer it in meal/granular form as a nutrient and to aid the plants defense system versus covering the plant with the oil.

Neem oil does help against thrips. Like you said though, it just takes some time. I use neem oil treatments outdoors on most of my veggie garden and fruit trees during the season. The only plants outside during the growing season that did NOT get neem oil were my cannabis plants. I tested them with only SNS209 foliar applications during Veg and a few weeks into flower. I included dosages of BT to aid at caterpillar murder. I had little to no leaf munching pests (except caterpillars) on my outdoor plants. The pest pressure in my organic garden is no joke though. It is heavy every year because I simply have not implemented a solid routine to prevent it and keep them away. Makes me want to start using the 209 on everything in my garden. Would be worth every penny! It smells better than neem oil too. Waaaaay easier to incorporate into a solution for foliar spray too. Not sure how this turned into an marketing post for SNS209. Haaa haaa. I do really love it though. I just got a package of their 217C to try out. Was fortunate enough to get a prize pack from SNS.
217C is a specific formula for spider mites. Thought I'd share in case you would be interested. Thankfully I have not seen any spider mites in my tent. But, I have seen some inside the house on an alocasia plant. It's been about 2 months since I saw them. Been treating them accordingly with another treatment that includes neem and it has worked really well.

Hey RM. Thanks for chiming in. I'm a fan of neem too. I prefer it in meal/granular form as a nutrient and to aid the plants defense system versus covering the plant with the oil.

Neem oil does help against thrips. Like you said though, it just takes some time. I use neem oil treatments outdoors on most of my veggie garden and fruit trees during the season. The only plants outside during the growing season that did NOT get neem oil were my cannabis plants. I tested them with only SNS209 foliar applications during Veg and a few weeks into flower. I included dosages of BT to aid at caterpillar murder. I had little to no leaf munching pests (except caterpillars) on my outdoor plants. The pest pressure in my organic garden is no joke though. It is heavy every year because I simply have not implemented a solid routine to prevent it and keep them away. Makes me want to start using the 209 on everything in my garden. Would be worth every penny! It smells better than neem oil too. Waaaaay easier to incorporate into a solution for foliar spray too. Not sure how this turned into an marketing post for SNS209. Haaa haaa. I do really love it though. I just got a package of their 217C to try out. Was fortunate enough to get a prize pack from SNS.
217C is a specific formula for spider mites. Thought I'd share in case you would be interested. Thankfully I have not seen any spider mites in my tent. But, I have seen some inside the house on an alocasia plant. It's been about 2 months since I saw them. Been treating them accordingly with another treatment that includes neem and it has worked really well.
I'm going to look into it. My outdoor tomatoes start off real well, but then the mites come and I get lazy about treating it because I usually catch it too late and it takes a ton of Neem oil to battle it. I end up just taking what I can get (tomatoes) and spraying down the plant with a hose. god i hate spidermites.

I'm planning on being more intentional in my outdoor grow next spring and there's a chance I might come across a plot at the community garden soon, so I definitely want to get my organic garden habits on point.

I'm thinking about adding a vegetable next to my cannabis plants in the tent, but not sure. I'm not sure that I could train a tomato plant as well as a cannabis plant. Besides, I don't want to consume the light needed for my plants. Herbs would probably be best.

A quick update from yesterday and today. They got another SNS209 foliar treatment this morning. They are enjoying those drenches! They are already feeling much lighter. Possibly could feed then again tomorrow...that much lighter.

Is it time to think about topping?! Which node or age is considered normal practice with autos?

Back
Top Bottom