Godzilla Cookies Auto Sponsored By Herbies Seeds & Bestva LED Pro4000

Ninja status...in and out without a trace...baked off my ass from some GSC #8.

Quick 2 day update on the little girls. Yesterday was just a small bit of spray around the edges and the top. Tonight, they got their first feeding and full drench. For the nutrients I used a non-sponsor Dr. Earth 1-1-1 at 1/4 strength. I gave them a fuuuullll drench. These pots have been drying out quick. I think now that they all have their first true leaves, they are ready to rock.

It felt like the right time for this. They seemed ready. I hope I'm right. Any thoughts otherwise? Should I have given them more time with the true leaves before doing a full drench?

They seem awfully little to be soaking the medium yet. Doesn't Emilya just advise watering around the edges?

They seem awfully little to be soaking the medium yet. Doesn't Emilya just advise watering around the edges?
Yes. I will be approaching this grow a bit different honestly. They will eventually be going into the self-watering garden box.

I was finding that with my current schedule, I need to utilize something to help me with my inconsistent watering. It had negatively affected growth in the previous grow.

They have been getting sprayed around the edges every few days. This is a much higher porosity medium though than I have used in the past. I could have sprayed everyday and they would be dry by the end of the day. Also, these are root maker pots which have way more drainage too. Lots of air! They got a full drench from the top and then I let them soak for only a few minutes. The medium needed it in my opinion.

Since last night, the top 1/8" and edges are already dry. I'm hopeful they will utilize the water and nutrients and boom. Cross your fingers (and toes) for them! I'll get an updated pic of them later. From initial observations, they loved it.

Quick Update from last night. They are looking great and grew up a little. Nutes seemed to be appreciated and the pots were already noticeably lighter. I think this medium and pot size combo will be a good method for me growing up seedlings moving forward. I should be able to make some decent root balls. This is still a test (with cannabis) but it is a proven mix and pot for many growers of aroid cuttings, seeds, and the pots are marketed for orchids. LOTS of drainage.

Ignore the wettest looking area around #3 in the back corner. I grabbed some soil from the garden box to cover up the stalk and pack it down a tad for extra support.

Thanks again @Trala

And we should feel lighter! My journals will always be a welcome and safe place for saying anything you feel you need to say. I honestly do not mind one bit.

Please don't apologize whatsoever! I'm laughing with you! I can't love and laugh at the same post!

Keeping this response short but thank you for opening up more. Your beauty in honesty...is beyond anything you can probably comprehend about your worth. Sending you a really big hug, Baked smile, and blessings of comfort and peace. Oh...and big ass nuggets of GSC!
:passitleft:
I need to get some Zzzs...timed out at 17hrs...oooof
Good morning Rea :)

Soz I briefly turned your thread into an Oprah episode. And thanks for your friendship. I think the two best things about having friends is the free therapy session factor, and having someone to help you dig when you need to bury a body. You ever need someone to listen or help with the shovel I’m a PM away. Xo

Anyhoo on to your grow. This journal is right spiffy. I think your attention to detail and bang on photography is fab :)

Good morning Rea :)

Soz I briefly turned your thread into an Oprah episode. And thanks for your friendship. I think the two best things about having friends is the free therapy session factor, and having someone to help you dig when you need to bury a body. You ever need someone to listen or help with the shovel I’m a PM away. Xo

Anyhoo on to your grow. This journal is right spiffy. I think your attention to detail and bang on photography is fab :)
Can I thank you, laugh, and love this post all in the same?! I really appreciate your kindness and understanding. I got the spade and square point shovel ready! Never know when you need to even out the trench a little bit.

Can I thank you, laugh, and love this post all in the same?! I really appreciate your kindness and understanding. I got the spade and square point shovel ready! Never know when you need to even out the trench a little bit.
Your grow looks really good. In fact it super informative for new growers as it takes you right from the birth of the seed. And your illustration is perfect, I personally learn through pictures more than words. This journal is a new growers dream, much like my journal…. said no one everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr

Your grow looks really good. In fact it super informative for new growers as it takes you right from the birth of the seed. And your illustration is perfect, I personally learn through pictures more than words. This journal is a new growers dream, much like my journal…. said no one everrrrrrrrrrrrrrr
Thanks Trala. I'm still learning myself. I learn from pics too.
Hey baked! Looks like we're on the same team with seed sponsors. Gonna tag along if you don't mind. Make sure I'm not doing anything wrong haha.

Love your setup can't wait to see how they turn out :)
Hey Moony! Welcome. I'll be coming over to yours again soon and get caught up. I'm stoked on these Herbies Seeds. I'm excited to be growing my first autos. I'll be watching yours too, to make sure I'm not doing anything wrong. Haaa haaa.

A few days of updates. I ended having to add a heater in the tent. I just couldn't get it warm enough. Added a full room 1500W thermostatic controlled electric heater. It works like a charm. And the plants are MUCH happier. They have really started to boom the last couple days. Unfortunately, the humidifier is working double time just to keep the VPD in the right spot.

I kept the VPD within range at colder temps and they still grew. They just weren't quite as vigorous as I was expecting. When I went up 8° and 10% RH, they responded like this!

Here you can see the tent environment pattern from last week. The past couple days on the right side shows the warmer temps. I dropped the thermostat down to 80 instead of 82 to see how they do.
Screenshot_20211205-101612_Ecowitt.jpg

Unless you’re in Queensland and outside around midday atm.

It‘s so hot here the devil himself would be begging for an air con.

And Rea, your attention to detail is both impressive and stalkery at the same time. Those girls can’t even let off a slightly warmed fart without you capturing its algorithm.

Back
Top Bottom