Going Green With JCTJ: Perpetual Autos With A Photo Here & There

Are you using a kill a watt to measure that? And if so, I'm curious on the wattage with it turned all the way down.

Yes that's with a P3 Kill A Watt. I remember writing earlier in this thread somewhere that I was running at 120W, but I was wrong. Where I have the Kill A Watt plugged in, I can barely see the read out and during that time I didn't realize it had been switched to volts lol. So when I glanced at it quickly I thought that was the lowest power setting.

The drivers do adjust accurately, the lowest setting of 25% is a true 75W at the wall which is basically 25% of the 300W total power. However, without a watt meter you'll never know exactly where you're at unless you're all the way up or all the way down. Without an actual knob to turn indicating the % it's just your best guess when turning the tiny screw. That was the main reason I purchased the watt meter, as well as to get an idea of my total overall power consumption/cost during a grow.

Yes that's with a P3 Kill A Watt. I remember writing earlier in this thread somewhere that I was running at 120W, but I was wrong. Where I have the Kill A Watt plugged in, I can barely see the read out and during that time I didn't realize it had been switched to volts lol. So when I glanced at it quickly I thought that was the lowest power setting.

The drivers do adjust accurately, the lowest setting of 25% is a true 75W at the wall which is basically 25% of the 300W total power. However, without a watt meter you'll never know exactly where you're at unless you're all the way up or all the way down. Without an actual knob to turn indicating the % it's just your best guess when turning the tiny screw. That was the main reason I purchased the watt meter, as well as to get an idea of my total overall power consumption/cost during a grow.
Yeah, I'm considering it for the same reason. Wish there was a single knob solution to dimming our lights.

Yeah, I'm considering it for the same reason. Wish there was a single knob solution to dimming our lights.

It's definitely worth it! I wish that too, especially when controlling two drivers on a single light

:yahoo: :yahoo: :yahoo: - You're in luck because we now have a 4th! The Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake auto is alive and well.

20191029_132308.jpg

The three Zkittlez are coming along, day 6 for the two and day 5 for one. Light is still dialed all the way down to 75 watts at 26". Another busy weekend/start to the week so I haven't been on a whole lot, time to get back in the groove.

20191029_132246.jpg
20191029_132251.jpg
20191029_132344.jpg
Oh wow! Nicely update in time ! :green_heart:

Hey all! I'll be putting together a little update later this evening on the 3 Zkittlez and Strawberry Cheesecake. Thought I'd pop in and say I got a pretty wicked surprise on my birthday today, Black Sugar seeds from @SeedsMan. Looking forward to growing these out in the Canadian comparative. :yahoo:

20191101_143428.jpg

Hey folks! I'm still kickin' and so are my green ladies. :yahoo:

To say I am in need of a journal update would be a massive understatement!!! Inadvertently, I kind of took a break from the forum and a lot of online things. Since the summer I had been spending a pretty substantial amount of time on here reading and posting, which I love. It's just as the fall and my latest grow got underway, life got busy and I started neglecting my regular reading and update routine. As days turned into weeks, the longer that went by, the harder it was to get back into the swing of things. I appreciate those who had posted seeing how things were going or messaged me privately :).

I am reporting in happy and healthy for not only myself but 3 of my 4 plants.

To give a brief update over the course of the last 5 or so weeks, let's start with November 12th:

Growth was decent by this point, temps were lower than I would have liked but without adding a heater it was as good as it was going to get at that time. Lights were dialed down pretty low at this point, so not much heat being added to the tent.

Nov. 13th

Nov. 18th/19th

I had started LST on the 3 zkittlez by the middle of November. This was where issues started with one of the plants. I must not have been careful enough when bending the main stems and I'm assuming either caused some root damage or there was some other sort of root issue forming. Mega Crop was being given at roughly what the calculator suggests. Not moving up too quickly. Water not being PH'd, however I did start taking my water down from 7.4 to the 6.7 to 6.9 range for peace of mind. A few small leaf deficiencies popped up and in addition to minor PH adjustments, I believe increasing my MC dosages solved the very minor issues.

The best news I've had this entire grow has been NO MORE BUGS!!!!!

Good to see you back! I know what you mean life can get busy and it's hard to find the time to get everything you want to do done in a day. Plants do look good they have grown quite a bit since your last update.

Good to see you back! I know what you mean life can get busy and it's hard to find the time to get everything you want to do done in a day. Plants do look good they have grown quite a bit since your last update.

Thanks @N420 :) Glad to be back. I'm going to get my journal caught up tonight and then slowly focus on catching up on the backlog of journals I've missed out on haha.

Nov. 21st:

It was pretty evident by this point there was a root issue with the one zkittlez plant, it was definitely stunted. The other two kept taking off and leaving that one behind in growth and overall health.

The Seedsman Strawberry Cheesecake was left untrained with the intention of topping when the time was right. I let the other three get close to the same canopy height, which happened to be around the same time I was able to top between the 4th and 5th node. This seed was popped well after the other 3 had already got a good start. Around this time is when some of the leaves started getting crispy and I adjusted with more MC and the slight PH adjustments.

Nov. 24th to 26th:

The vibrance of the two really healthy skittlez started to show. General LST and leaf tucking to get things spread out. The TSW 2000 wattage was still gradually being increased weekly at this point. Watering to a good saturation point but no run off.

Hey folks! I'm still kickin' and so are my green ladies. :yahoo:

To say I am in need of a journal update would be a massive understatement!!! Inadvertently, I kind of took a break from the forum and a lot of online things. Since the summer I had been spending a pretty substantial amount of time on here reading and posting, which I love. It's just as the fall and my latest grow got underway, life got busy and I started neglecting my regular reading and update routine. As days turned into weeks, the longer that went by, the harder it was to get back into the swing of things. I appreciate those who had posted seeing how things were going or messaged me privately :).

I am reporting in happy and healthy for not only myself but 3 of my 4 plants.

To give a brief update over the course of the last 5 or so weeks, let's start with November 12th:

Growth was decent by this point, temps were lower than I would have liked but without adding a heater it was as good as it was going to get at that time. Lights were dialed down pretty low at this point, so not much heat being added to the tent.

Nov. 13th

Nov. 18th/19th

I had started LST on the 3 zkittlez by the middle of November. This was where issues started with one of the plants. I must not have been careful enough when bending the main stems and I'm assuming either caused some root damage or there was some other sort of root issue forming. Mega Crop was being given at roughly what the calculator suggests. Not moving up too quickly. Water not being PH'd, however I did start taking my water down from 7.4 to the 6.7 to 6.9 range for peace of mind. A few small leaf deficiencies popped up and in addition to minor PH adjustments, I believe increasing my MC dosages solved the very minor issues.

The best news I've had this entire grow has been NO MORE BUGS!!!!!
All nicely quad'd and looking good. Welcome back!

Nov. 27th

Nov. 28th

Nov. 29th

Removed crusty leaf on the strawberry cheesecake. New growth on the stunted skittlez is green and healthy. Gently digging in the medium shows root zone expanding into areas where it hadn't previously been.

Nov. 30th

The strawberry cheesecake has started to push pistils from bud sites and move into proper flowering. Considering it's plant date behind the zkittlez, it's moving on a schedule that I would have imagined the skittlez would have. They've been going through a much longer veg stage in comparison.

Dec. 1st

Dec. 3rd:

Lots of pushing, pulling and bending going on with the two big zkittlez. They've really filled up the tent, WAY more than I imagined. I'm super impressed with Mega Crop and the Pro-Mix HP... From the get go the root development has been fast and furious, filling the pots up quickly. Given how busy I've been lately and maybe not giving the plants all the attention they need... This has been a relatively smooth experience with gradually upping the MC dosage being the only real changes I've made over time.

Things look great...thats the beauty of Megacrop and peat based. Pretty set it and forget it while veg'ing

Dec. 5th and 6th

Peek a boo

New growth continuing to look fresh and healthy. This skittlez plant has started flowering

A look at the Strawberry Cheesecake bud sites

These two have been exploding this past week. Big difference compared to how early the autos in my last grow ended veg and started to flower. These are considerably larger and taller!

Glad to see ya back jc!
And those ladies are looking fantastic , nice work with the lst , they look great!:thumb:

Thanks buddy, glad to be back! I so wish I had a 4x4 now lol. It's a bummer when you've maxed out your horizontal space and the plants are more than capable of going wider.

Back
Top Bottom