GoogleGenie's First Grow - LED Hydro - Northern Light Blue & Fruity Chronic Juice

Re: First Time Grow - Hydro - LED - Day 0-5 - Research & Germination

And here they are today

Day 10 Flowering

IMG_48702.JPG
IMG_48722.JPG
IMG_48733.JPG

This is my favourite photo to date!

IMG_48547.JPG

It just looks like a jungle and the leaves are all looking happy :) It's all just so fascinating to see for the first time, I could watch them all day, especially the clones!

I'm actually debating putting the screen back on or not! It's a huge pain in the ass to get all those branches back in there and it will take a good hour or more. Plus they look so nice out of it. Then again there is the whole yield thing and it will help support it when its starts to bud with the ScrOG screen......i know what will help me think decide ;)

I have never done this before so feel free to share your thoughts to save me doing something i will regret haha! They are always more than welcome! :Namaste: The latest conundrum....to put the screen back on or not...

CrawDaddy, i'm working on that guide for my RDWC for you :thumb:

Crawdaddy here is a little article i added to my blog explaining my RDWC, take a look and let me know what you think

GoogleGenie's Recirculating DWC UnderCurrent System

It will cost you around $120 to make, but it's served me well and has made my life so much easier.

And here's the diagram i put together of my system, it's pretty much the same as all the other undercurrent systems you see but i was in the zone and had photoshop to hand :) I left out the airlines, but made a point of putting the sir pump outside of the tent because that's where i keep mine now.

GoogleGenieRDWC.jpg

looking good bro.

good keeping air pump outside of tent and chiller as the airpump would have pumped warm air into system nd chiller gets warm too.

Id change that shitty pvc pipework to bathroom pvc fittings, ive forgotten the size it might be 1"3/4 but i cant remember. u will get so much better flow rate and it wont get clogged up.

DSC_02245.JPG

u can see what i mean in this pic mate.

Just leave the scrog off now, it will still produce the same and if need be u could just string them up if get too heavy, i dont see them getting too heavy with led lighting but maybe i'll see diff here. I dont scrog my dwc plants but i train them like they would be and i get great results.

Cheers mate! :)

Yea good shout! It's not too bad for a small grow, but personally i think i'll be taking your advice and using bigger pipe in future. If i were to use the larger PVC waste pipe, how do you connect them to the buckets so they are water tight? Do you use a gland or just stick a couple of wasters round the hole? :high-five:

If i ever do a scrog again i'll definitely be raising the buckets so it's all higher, this one has done my back in a treat! But i think next time i wanna try super cropping, i did a little of that this time and liked what i saw.

Which kind of training do you do? And what do you think of super cropping?

Also Cult, i wish i had read your post about not putting the Scrog back on before I did, i spent about 2 hours sorting that out yesterday! lol!

Here they were before i put them back in the Screen

NLB
IMG_48904.JPG

IMG_48764.JPG

IMG_48804.JPG

FCJ
IMG_48912.JPG

IMG_48774.JPG

IMG_48811.JPG

And together

IMG_48782.JPG
IMG_48791.JPG

I use tank connectors to join pipes to buckets and use tiger seal to make them completely waterproof. use the right size hole saw for a perfect cut or it will get messy.

Super cropping, lst and defoliating are the methods i use.

I use tank connectors to join pipes to buckets and use tiger seal to make them completely waterproof. use the right size hole saw for a perfect cut or it will get messy.

Nice one, thanks Cult, again :)

And here is a peak at whats going on in my veg tent

The Autos (3 x Jack 47, 1 x Think Different)
IMG_49464.JPG

A close up of the Think different

IMG_49275.JPG
IMG_49285.JPG
IMG_49294.JPG

Here is my Fruity Chronic Juice Mother Steve (right), and Larry (left) who is also a FCJ

IMG_49455.JPG

And here are the rest of my clones, there are 4 of them and they are all northern Light Blue

IMG_49443.JPG

Can you show us a photograph of the tank connectors that you use?

My humidity is quite high at the moment, I'm guessing the amount of leaves in that scrog certainly isnt helping. I've read that defoliating after stretch will help this (its currently around 73% RH). I also have an additional fan on the way which is a 5", i currently only have a 4" in there.

I've also read that increasing your fan size will have very little effect on humidity, however defoliating will help? Is this true or will a fan upgrade make a difference?

I'll post more more pictures tomorrow.

Thanks KJC, that's a relief actually!:)

I was thinking about defoliating around day 25 of flower, which as you taught me is when the plants have definitely finished stretching.

Quick question if you didn't mind, what exactly can I get away with cutting off?

When I defoliate I remove any fan leaves that are shading a bud site and the lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud.

When I defoliate I remove any fan leaves that are shading a bud site and the lower growth that will not produce anything except for popcorn bud.

I see, so the same method applied as before flowering then! Cool, thanks KJC!

Back
Top Bottom