Gov's Pineapple Chunk Mars II Excursion

You should really video that process as I'm sure some people would be interested. Just like bud-washing and bud back-building this could be something more people might try if they could see it in action.

Here's my Saturday update. All the little bud sites are starting to get furry and they're just starting to emit that subtle hashy aroma that let's you know you'd better make sure the carbon filter is working well. I defoliated the crap out them today and actually pulled 2 handfuls of popcorn sprouts and obtrusive fan leaves. All of these pictures were taken AFTER defoliation.

I didn't feed/water this morning, but I've made a habit of agitating my nutes everyday. Here is my canna-grocery

canna_grocer_5_17_14.JPG
temp_RH_5_17_14.JPG

And the guardian of the "tropical forest"

guardian.JPG

pakalolo1_5_17_14.JPG
pakalolo2_5_17_14.JPG

This is one of the mains. Interesting how it seems to stop so abruptly. I'm sure it will fill in nicely as it continues to flower

random_top_cola_5_17_14.JPG

and these look like they're from an alien planet. I'm still wondering if they are under stress as they look a little shriveled. However they are at least 18" away from the lights. The main canopy is 24" away.

alien_5_17_14.JPG
mars_on_mars_5_17_14.JPG

and the rest

paka_top_down_5_17_14.JPG
lolo_top_down_5_17_14.JPG
lolo_center_5_17_14.JPG
paka_bud_5_17_14.JPG

I'll feed/water tomorrow.

looks like the top bud sites are getting cooked. maybe raise that light another couple inches lol.

i posted pics and how to on my thread for the boiling water method. I dont expect to many to try it yet till one of you they know try and and then suggest it. I do understand allot of work goes into these ladies and no one wants to try anything new that they cant verify from a grower they have followed a long time.

I am in :popcorn:

I just ordered the same light, have same space as you, but working with soil, I have two Northern light auto's both have just sprouted =)
It will be interesting to see how these do with auto's compared to photo's, looking forward to harvest, those buds will be covered in trichomes in no time!!

You should really video that process as I'm sure some people would be interested. Just like bud-washing and bud back-building this could be something more people might try if they could see it in action.

Here's my Saturday update. All the little bud sites are starting to get furry and they're just starting to emit that subtle hashy aroma that let's you know you'd better make sure the carbon filter is working well. I defoliated the crap out them today and actually pulled 2 handfuls of popcorn sprouts and obtrusive fan leaves. All of these pictures were taken AFTER defoliation.

I didn't feed/water this morning, but I've made a habit of agitating my nutes everyday. Here is my canna-grocery

canna_grocer_5_17_14.JPG
temp_RH_5_17_14.JPG

And the guardian of the "tropical forest"

guardian.JPG

pakalolo1_5_17_14.JPG
pakalolo2_5_17_14.JPG

This is one of the mains. Interesting how it seems to stop so abruptly. I'm sure it will fill in nicely as it continues to flower

random_top_cola_5_17_14.JPG

and these look like they're from an alien planet. I'm still wondering if they are under stress as they look a little shriveled. However they are at least 18" away from the lights. The main canopy is 24" away.

I'll feed/water tomorrow.

Man are they coming along. I had to keep my 5 Gal DWC buckets in an ice bath, 6" tall tub and frozen 1 gallon water jugs twice a 24 hr day, to keep the nute temps down in the safe zone. My top is 14" from my Mars II 700W but doesn't have any troubles. No bleaching or anything. I guess the black bucket and top had something to do with it. Waiting to harvest any day. Next time I'm going to try hempy. Insulation value of the perlite should help with reservoir temp.

looks like the top bud sites are getting cooked. maybe raise that light another couple inches lol.

I thought something similar, but in normal light they look o.k., and they're still tender to the touch, so I'm gonna let them roll until I see something more drastic, or

I am in :popcorn:

I just ordered the same light, have same space as you, but working with soil, I have two Northern light auto's both have just sprouted =)
It will be interesting to see how these do with auto's compared to photo's, looking forward to harvest, those buds will be covered in trichomes in no time!!

Welcome Cannabomb! I'm sure your light will rock on autos just as they have everything else that's been put under them and witnessed in this forum. I'd love to see them in action on autos too.

Man are they coming along. I had to keep my 5 Gal DWC buckets in an ice bath, 6" tall tub and frozen 1 gallon water jugs twice a 24 hr day, to keep the nute temps down in the safe zone. My top is 14" from my Mars II 700W but doesn't have any troubles. No bleaching or anything. I guess the black bucket and top had something to do with it. Waiting to harvest any day. Next time I'm going to try hempy. Insulation value of the perlite should help with reservoir temp.

I'll say again, my cabinet stays open all the time these days. Sometimes I've closed it to a couple inches, but my room is light-sealed so I'm using the whole room for the most part, but I'm only growing in the cabinet. With it open, it allows me to use the existing ceiling fan to circulate the air in the room too.

looking good gov! thats a nice buffet the ladies have i like the general lines real well im bummed im about out of my go box stuff:rocker:

go box stuff?

A short update today guys. I watered/fed this morning at the normal rate: 2.5ml calimagic, 5ml part A, 7.5ml part B, 4ml LK, 1ml F+ for 850 ppm, pH 5.9

I'm still mildly concerned with paka as she continues to show mild signs of stress or deficiency towards the top. She's still all green, but some of those top bud sites just look weird. They resemble a spider once you smack him with a flip flop and his legs all curl under. I'll post some pics tomorrow (representing their second full week since flower onset). I'm beginning to think paka may just be constantly thirsty and will up the volume slightly again next feeding. Tomorrow, I will give a nice cool drink of water.

peace

A short update today guys. I watered/fed this morning at the normal rate: 2.5ml calimagic, 5ml part A, 7.5ml part B, 4ml LK, 1ml F+ for 850 ppm, pH 5.9

I'm still mildly concerned with paka as she continues to show mild signs of stress or deficiency towards the top. She's still all green, but some of those top bud sites just look weird. They resemble a spider once you smack him with a flip flop and his legs all curl under. I'll post some pics tomorrow (representing their second full week since flower onset). I'm beginning to think paka may just be constantly thirsty and will up the volume slightly again next feeding. Tomorrow, I will give a nice cool drink of water.

peace

when my roots are not 100% happy i get top curl on the leaves also. not sure if you can check on them or not.

They resemble a spider once you smack him with a flip flop and his legs all curl under. I'll post some pics tomorrow (representing their second full week since flower onset). I'm beginning to think paka may just be constantly thirsty and will up the volume slightly again next feeding. Tomorrow, I will give a nice cool drink of water.

peace

Great spider analogy! I have an excellent visual in my head!!! :rofl::rofl::rofl: May she unfurl for you again soon!

This will serve as my Friday update. I grabbed a few pics this evening and they are rolling right along. There are still some interesting differences in top bud structure between them, but I'm still not changing anything at this point. The leaves on paka are still curling, but the buds are still growing and all are starting to show some decent resin production for this early (today is the start of their 3rd week since flower onset).

pakalolo1_5_22_14.JPG

pakalolo_5_22_14.JPG
pakalolo_top_view_5_22_14.JPG
paka_bud2_5_22_14.JPG
paka_bud_5_22_14.JPG
lolo_bud_5_22_14.JPG
lolo_bud2_5_22_14.JPG

Heya DC, Rotating the light would be easy enough, but when I first got the light and looked at the spectrums and how they were aligned in the unit, both sides mirrored each other very closely. I seriously doubt that's a contributing factor, but as easy as it is to rotate it, I'll give it a spin this afternoon when I get home. Then it'll be a few days minimum to expect to see any results...if there are any. Personally, I think it's merely minor phenotype differences. The plant is more leggy, less bushy and had more stretch than the other, but there are still many similarities too. They displayed some of these differences early on too (as best as they could at so young an age anyway) and I switched places so as to mirror my last grow more closely. I could have left them and made the light-rotation moot, but we'll see. It won't hurt anything...unless I drop it on them. :straightface:

Back
Top Bottom