Grand Daddy Black Grows A Stack

Hello grow gang.

It's Flip + 83 for the Clones and I feel like I'm engaged in a staring contest with these plants.

I look at them. They look at me. And that's it, no one blinks and nothing changes. 👀
Clones 9-1-22 F83.jpg

I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday but I needed to chop the Black Domina clone. So I did so unceremoniously with no pics. I ended up with 4 Mason jars of bud off of her. How do I know the number of jars if I just chopped her? Well let me tell you...

At the end I decided to try and drought the B Dom even though I didn't think I had the stomach for it. I let her go for 5 days with no water before I broke down and gave her .5 liters.

Then I convinced myself that I was being a wimp and to go ahead and really drought her. So I let her go, I believe, 7 more days with no water.

Anyhow, by the time I paid attention to her again she was nearly dry (like she had been hanging up)! When I poked her with my Wood Moisture Meter I got very low readings just like I would from a plant that had been hanging in my mesh rack for a week. I thought, "I didn't drought this plant. I dried it in the pot."

So as I cut the buds from the plant I immediately put them in Mason jars. This morning the hygrometers in those 4 jars are sitting between 61-66 RH.

I also took some of her buds and smashed them. She oozed lots of good stuff!
IMG_5366.JPG

And that's it for today. Back to staring.

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.

Hello grow gang.

It's Flip + 83 for the Clones and I feel like I'm engaged in a staring contest with these plants.

I look at them. They look at me. And that's it, no one blinks and nothing changes. 👀
Clones 9-1-22 F83.jpg

I wasn't feeling so hot yesterday but I needed to chop the Black Domina clone. So I did so unceremoniously with no pics. I ended up with 4 Mason jars of bud off of her. How do I know the number of jars if I just chopped her? Well let me tell you...

At the end I decided to try and drought the B Dom even though I didn't think I had the stomach for it. I let her go for 5 days with no water before I broke down and gave her .5 liters.

Then I convinced myself that I was being a wimp and to go ahead and really drought her. So I let her go, I believe, 7 more days with no water.

Anyhow, by the time I paid attention to her again she was nearly dry (like she had been hanging up)! When I poked her with my Wood Moisture Meter I got very low readings just like I would from a plant that had been hanging in my mesh rack for a week. I thought, "I didn't drought this plant. I dried it in the pot."

So as I cut the buds from the plant I immediately put them in Mason jars. This morning the hygrometers in those 4 jars are sitting between 61-66 RH.

I also took some of her buds and smashed them. She oozed lots of good stuff!
IMG_5366.JPG

Thanks for stopping by.

Peace.
👁️

You can always alternate staring and gawking, just to change things up a little... :cheesygrinsmiley:

Congrats on the instant harvest, too!

Congrats on the instant harvest, too!
I looked up "drying marijuana in the pot" and could not find a single post on the topic. Is this because there's an advantage to disconnecting it from the roots before drying. Is it necessarily better that they be chopped and then hung upside down or laid on their sides or put in the fridge? Why not just leave it in the pot to dry?

It was really easy cutting off the branches and buds from the potted plant and just jarring it up. It's like I left out the whole step of hanging it to dry. (Well, because that's what I did, though not on purpose.)

As the wanna-be President of the Lazy Man's Association, I need to know! 🧐

Seems like it'd work pretty well, as long as you don't wait too long to jar her up...
Drying is drying, right?
Knowing the perfect time to jar her up seems like it might be the tricky part...

Good stuff GDB, I hope she gives you a nice smoke when you get to try her.

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 87 for the Dotted clones. All got their weekly dose of Recharge last night and none of them blinked.

Here they are in the shadows:

untrained Black Cherry Punch:
untrained B Cherry 9-5-22 F87.jpg

trained Black Cherry Punch:
trained B Cherry 9-5-22 F87.jpg

Kera Bubblegum:
Kera Bgum clone 9-5-22 F87.jpg

Tent pent (lights out with flash):
Dotted clones tent 9-5-22 F87.JPG

There aren't many fan leaves left in this bunch!

Reminds me of an old dad joke:

Why do stadiums get so hot after the game is over?
Because all the fans leave.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

Congrats on the Black Domina harvest, GDB! I've dried my plants that way. I think the plants that were most affected by bugs were dried this way as I was sick of looking at them.

Hello growers.

It's Flip + 87 for the Dotted clones. All got their weekly dose of Recharge last night and none of them blinked.

Here they are in the shadows:

untrained Black Cherry Punch:
untrained B Cherry 9-5-22 F87.jpg

trained Black Cherry Punch:
trained B Cherry 9-5-22 F87.jpg

Kera Bubblegum:
Kera Bgum clone 9-5-22 F87.jpg

Tent pent (lights out with flash):
Dotted clones tent 9-5-22 F87.JPG

There aren't many fan leaves left in this bunch!

Reminds me of an old dad joke:

Why do stadiums get so hot after the game is over?
Because all the fans leave.

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.
Look at those LOGS.

Nice work as always GDB!

NTH

Hello all.

It's Flip + 88 for the clones and it seems like that might be the magic number for the Kera Bubblegum. She continues to throw out a few white pistils, but I think she might keep doing that for as long as I continue to watch her do it.
Kera bud 9-6-22 F88.jpg

I scoped her tonight and believe her time is just about up!
Kera trich 9-6-22.jpg

Kera trich1 9-6-22.jpg

Kera trich3 9-6-22.jpg

She'll get a few more days because I watered her tonight but she has run the course! :)

Finally, I got a blink!

Thanks for looking in.

Peace.

She continues to throw out a few white pistils,
That's what the GSC was like- just wouldn't stop with the pistils- I finally pulled the plug on day 89..
Have a nice harvest, GDB!
That's a beautiful bud...

Back
Top Bottom