Grandpa Gets Oily! Everclear Extracts For Shatter Or Oil!

Hello everyone! Grandpa’s making some killer oils and I want to share the process I go through.

Grandpa Tokin,

first, your name is awesome! Second, while i would say i am well-versed in making budder (and edibles from that budder), i am new to making my own THC vape oil, so I am glad to finally find (after much digging) some comprehensive instructions on the process of making my own concentrate for vaping mixtures. this is an amazing, detailed set of instructions that i will be using in the future.

i am hoping that you (or anyone else here) can help me with an issue i ran into with my first attempt. i had great starting product but shitty instructions (link for reference Cannabis 101 - How to make THC oil for vaping?). thus, i am left with some severely diluted mixture. Is there any way for me to salvage this batch, such as the last pyrex step to evaporate everything (or most) off to leave just the concentrate?

thanks!

Grandpa Tokin,

first, your name is awesome! Second, while i would say i am well-versed in making budder (and edibles from that budder), i am new to making my own THC vape oil, so I am glad to finally find (after much digging) some comprehensive instructions on the process of making my own concentrate for vaping mixtures. this is an amazing, detailed set of instructions that i will be using in the future.

i am hoping that you (or anyone else here) can help me with an issue i ran into with my first attempt. i had great starting product but shitty instructions (link for reference Cannabis 101 - How to make THC oil for vaping?). thus, i am left with some severely diluted mixture. Is there any way for me to salvage this batch, such as the last pyrex step to evaporate everything (or most) off to leave just the concentrate?

thanks!

Hey bud. I’ll take a look at the link. I’m not familiar with those types of vape oils, but there’s gotta be a way.

thanks!

I can’t say anything about fixing this batch, but going forward the best way I’ve found to make vape juice is to use QWET to extract the resin, then evaporate the alcohol off to make your resin oil. Then use EJ Mix or Wax Liquidizer and follow the instructions for infusing for vape juice. Fairly easy and makes a nice clear product for vaping with minimal chlorophyll.

I can’t say anything about fixing this batch, but going forward the best way I’ve found to make vape juice is to use QWET to extract the resin, then evaporate the alcohol off to make your resin oil. Then use EJ Mix or Wax Liquidizer and follow the instructions for infusing for vape juice. Fairly easy and makes a nice clear product for vaping with minimal chlorophyll.

Definitely using QWET method from now on. the method i used was the first i found after a lot of research. most of the instruction were just for mixing concentrate with PG/VG and did not include how to make the concentrate. but i have definitely learned that QWET is the way to go for making the concentrate. thanks, bigbear.

Hey bud. I’ll take a look at the link. I’m not familiar with those types of vape oils, but there’s gotta be a way.

GT, thanks for any insight you may be able to provide

Definitely using QWET method from now on. the method i used was the first i found after a lot of research. most of the instruction were just for mixing concentrate with PG/VG and did not include how to make the concentrate. but i have definitely learned that QWET is the way to go for making the concentrate. thanks, bigbear.

GT, thanks for any insight you may be able to provide

I’ve been doing a fair amount of reading on this subject. Nowhere can I find if it can be evaporated or reduced enough to fix your particular issue. Sorry man, it looks like you’re going to need to start over. If you find a way please share it here so others may find help too.

This happened today. It's used with dry ice or liquid nitrogen to condense extracted solvents prior to the vacuum pump. I've got my hot plate/water bath dialed in and can't wait to try the whole system out. Someone will need to come hit a few dabs and give me feedback! Gpa? :)

My involvement in that thread starts here.
To recap, I want to be able to extract cured flower to a flowable consistency and decarb under pressure so as to not boil off the residual alcohol. My primary reason for wanting to do so is to avoid the odors of a conventional decarb.
I'm having a bit of trouble with the chemistry involved in decarbing under pressure. Maybe someone here can tell me what the pressure would be of a viscous extract/EtOH solution at 121C in a 500ml reaction vessel with 400ml of headspace?

My primary reason for wanting to do so is to avoid the odors of a conventional decarb.

WTF! are you making gallons of this stuff? :rofl:

I’m starting to read through that link. Why, I don’t know. I’m never going down that road. Way too much for this old guy.

WTF! are you making gallons of this stuff? :rofl:

I’m starting to read through that link. Why, I don’t know. I’m never going down that road. Way too much for this old guy.
Well, I have 18 gallon jars almost full of dried flower to process. o_O

Back
Top Bottom