Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

ok few more questions.

do you squish dried and cured bud only? or do you squish fresh cut bud at harvest aswell?

how long does the rosin last after pressed out, and how can it be stored? for instance can i press a load and store most or squish as and when you need some so its always fresh?

what are the differences, and purposes of the different micron levels? and how does it affect end product?

B8A78233-6EDD-4D09-B297-6A9114707A01.png

this is the one i got, best start eating my spinach and getting my strong arm ready lol

i guess i need some parchment paper too then, is greaseproof baking paper similar and ok?
hmm what else i need to know.. lol
duno for now :D

Final silhouette shot-I'd removed most of her supports,so she's kind of spread out a little...
thanks chaps!!
so i had a look for the dulytek tubes and whilst they are available, only internationally, and shipping us more rhan the filter packs lol
got some rosintech seamless 160 bags, 2.75x5”.

guess i should start researching how this stuff is done now :D
excited.

Yes, it's location, location, location. If I bring something from the US into Canada I can count on double the American price in Canadian dollars. That works out to about a 50% surcharge.

i guess i need some parchment paper too then, is greaseproof baking paper similar and ok?
hmm what else i need to know.. lol

I'm using '10M Non Stick Parchment Paper Silicone Baking Mat Roll Kitchen Tool Greaseproof for Cake Tiner Toaster Oven Microwave' from Amazon. It's working well, and the cost is reasonable (at least here;)).

Yes, it's location, location, location. If I bring something from the US into Canada I can count on double the American price in Canadian dollars. That works out to about a 50% surcharge.

I'm using '10M Non Stick Parchment Paper Silicone Baking Mat Roll Kitchen Tool Greaseproof for Cake Tiner Toaster Oven Microwave' from Amazon. It's working well, and the cost is reasonable (at least here;)).
i liked that RAW parchment gramps had, my papers of choice, but that stuffs expensive too!
found the 10m kitchen tool one you mention, from hong kong though so will take too long.
found a 30cm X 50m roll of baking parchment for what would be around 8/9$.

after a bit more reading then, you can squish a pouch more than once? would you take it out loosen it up then resume again, im guessing folding in half and pressing again would cause the pouches to burst?
i see grandpa is only squeezing once then alcohol extracting the rest, not sure i could do that indoors? still i wanna make sure im getting the most out i can.

i liked that RAW parchment gramps had, my papers of choice, but that stuffs expensive too!
found the 10m kitchen tool one you mention, from hong kong though so will take too long.
found a 30cm X 50m roll of baking parchment for what would be around 8/9$.
I found the kitchen parchment didn't work very well. It absorbed too much rosin. Another product several folks used is 'SLICK PAPER silicone release paper.'

On that machine, same as mine....
I press bare pucks , actual pressure is a Tonne on them or 2000psi.
make a puck using old cardboard tube from centre of cling wrap, put enough bud in squish it down as you go...

Then cut with sharp blade once removed about 2cm puck....dont use a bag.
pre heat machine to 200-210F .

Put puck in machine between parchment paper. Give a lil squish, so its a bit smaller, then squish it down good, hit red button for timer 300....which is 5 minutes...5-7 minutes is best squish.
I make a doubled over parchment into a parcel for mine, incase of blow out you can catch it on the second sheet.

Remove from machine on beeper, fold puck in half, press again for 5 minutes.
That gives a decent yield on those machines.

Tip.... Put a lil lithium grease on the threaded rod, because if not it may snap or bend rod due to heat built up weakening metal on twisting.

The Rosin is sooooo tasty....

Enjoy!

I found the kitchen parchment didn't work very well. It absorbed too much rosin. Another product several folks used is 'SLICK PAPER silicone release paper.'
hmm ok, i did check it was silicone coated which it said it was both sides. no matter, i use a lot cooking and needed a refill lol. will have another look.
On that machine, same as mine....
I press bare pucks , actual pressure is a Tonne on them or 2000psi.
make a puck using old cardboard tube from centre of cling wrap, put enough bud in squish it down as you go...

Then cut with sharp blade once removed about 2cm puck....dont use a bag.
pre heat machine to 200-210F .

Put puck in machine between parchment paper. Give a lil squish, so its a bit smaller, then squish it down good, hit red button for timer 300....which is 5 minutes...5-7 minutes is best squish.
I make a doubled over parchment into a parcel for mine, incase of blow out you can catch it on the second sheet.

Remove from machine on beeper, fold puck in half, press again for 5 minutes.
That gives a decent yield on those machines.

Tip.... Put a lil lithium grease on the threaded rod, because if not it may snap or bend rod due to heat built up weakening metal on twisting.

The Rosin is sooooo tasty....

Enjoy!
cool thanks for that info!! gets me started nicely lol
so you dont use a bag, but it comes out clean still no bits contaminating anywhere? lol

hmm ok, i did check it was silicone coated which it said it was both sides. no matter, i use a lot cooking and needed a refill lol. will have another look.

cool thanks for that info!! gets me started nicely lol
so you dont use a bag, but it comes out clean still no bits contaminating anywhere? lol
Yeah bags arent necessary.... You guys have seen my Rosin....doesnt look to be too much bits in it does there......
It just works on these machines, Im sure with a 10 tonne press it would be messier.
I like the bags, have heaps but honestly got more stuck in it on these low pressure machines.... Lol.
Naked pucks....20% yield, need I say more...hehe

Give it a try, It might work well. I tried the stuff my wife uses for baking. It didn't have the silicone coat.

Yeah bags arent necessary.... You guys have seen my Rosin....doesnt look to be too much bits in it does there......
It just works on these machines, Im sure with a 10 tonne press it would be messier.
I like the bags, have heaps but honestly got more stuck in it on these low pressure machines.... Lol.
Naked pucks....20% yield, need I say more...hehe
will have a look through your squishing adventures then pal, just starting to research this part of the canna world :) only hit my first dab the other day, have been interested a while.. so now gonna get into it proper lol

Give it a try, It might work well. I tried the stuff my wife uses for baking. It didn't have the silicone coat.
:thumb:

So far I'm not a bag fan... Maybe on heavier squishes to eliminate blow out , but on my 3T I don't see the need and get better results without the bag

Gunna try the folding over the puck and re-squish

There is a very slight learning curve. You worst squish will always be the first few... Your goal is constant firm pressure and temp. You won’t get more rosin by going straight for the hulk smashing bag busting flat strength. Constantly and slowly increasing pressure is getting me the best results. Your bud material accounts for the other 95% of return. :cheesygrinsmiley:
C99xBB @ 200*
2FDB74F1-B0F6-45C8-ABFB-B5DF273A3FA0.jpeg
94A7B57C-E634-497D-9256-DDD6F89DBEA5.jpeg
2A2F2C44-ABC2-4A0C-8AFC-A544D3794A6D.jpeg
315B5DA5-B510-4603-BE6C-E5C9022A6DF8.jpeg
D9281716-D7A6-49D2-9DFE-D2B379FE0741.jpeg
ECFAEA06-36B4-4127-985B-D07F0D318BCC.jpeg
FC13843B-6684-4BB0-AFD1-A38963C123A1.jpeg
C0A1C915-5C73-4FB4-A600-0F8684C718CC.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom