Grandpa Likes To Squeeze Stuff: Solventless Extracts, Rosin, Pressed Here!

I lose my appetite when I look at your scale. Sorry, I had to warn a brotha…

But @Grandpa Tokin snapped me out of it... You motorboatin sumbich.:rofl:
I got it out of my barn. It's a 1500 buck scale I use to measure horse meds on. Despite the hair and weed it's probably cleaner than most surfaces.

And it's covered twice as well, but you cant see that in the photo.

I got it out of my barn. It's a 1500 buck scale I use to measure horse meds on. Despite the hair and weed it's probably cleaner than most surfaces.

And it's covered twice as well, but you cant see that in the photo.
I’m sure it is, I’m just bustin your balls. :cheesygrinsmiley:

What the f*ck time is it? That’s right kiddies...it’s time to squeeze some of Grandpa’s favorite bud. It’s really good stuff. I know I say that often, but I just can’t help it. Enjoy!

After 22 hours it’s looking really good. Not as oily and beginning to solidify. Pure amber. I just did a low temp dab and the taste changes from a hotter temp considerably. Like a pine gummy bear with a hint of candy.

To recap...this particular GG4 (the original) likes to be squished at a higher temp and dabbed at a lower temp. :hookah: Enjoy!

Here’s some drool Candy!

image.jpg

Pineapple Express

The dabpress “cage”, worth the extra money or not necessary?

I’ve been wondering the same thing. It could be beneficial, but probably for larger presses. I imagine the pressure is more evenly distributed and certainly the plates are always aligned exactly how they are designed. Maybe in commercial applications this would be more beneficial, but for a single stoner—at home—I’m not sold. Naturally, that’s only my opinion and any one of you could change my mind in a heartbeat... :cheesygrinsmiley:

I was discussing rosin presses and plates at the local hydro store. Another brand suffers from chronic plate failures. The plates are a little thinner, and broke along the line of the heating element. These plates had the same general construction as the Dabpress plates.

Those cages serve three purposes. They provide return pressure with their springs. They keep the plates aligned during the pressing process, and the outer stainless steel top and bottom plates provide additional strength and backing for the heated plates. They prevent the cracked plates common to the other brand.

Dabpress has used thicker material for the heated plates, and has a stainless steel pressure transfer block on the top plate. The bottom plate is not protected like this. I don't know if they would benefit from resting on a solid steel bar in the hydraulic press. These plates do have what I see as an advantage over their caged cousins. As the dentist says, "Open wide." You can separate the plates further and squeeze in a taller puck.

When I evaluated the Dabpress offerings of Rosin Press Plates, Caged Rosin Plates, and their Hydraulic Rosin Presses, It seems that only their pre-built presses have a layer of insulation between the press and the plates. This, and the fact that I can't buy a 10 ton hydraulic press for the price difference sold me on the Dabpress dp-hr10t35v Driptech Hydraulic Rosin Press Kit.

My order will be submitted Monday, provided the base pricing remains the same.

You’re going to love what that Press does IMO @Old Salt

I believe that combination is the best I’ve seen...in affordable options. There’s a few hydraulic ones I’ve seen in videos that guys are pressing 30 grams at a time that are all computerized, but way too much money for what I’m doing.

morning Granpa! Just had my first harvest and am looking to purchase a press. I have zero experience and only what I've read for knowledge. I get the concept , is there a significant difference in 4 ton vs 12 ton? I've narrowed it down to 2 companies I'm thinking the Nug**asher OG(hope that floats since I didn't say the whole company name). $800, I'm ok with the investment as I will use it ALOT. cheers and thanks in advance for any advice :passitleft:

morning Granpa! Just had my first harvest and am looking to purchase a press. I have zero experience and only what I've read for knowledge. I get the concept , is there a significant difference in 4 ton vs 12 ton? I've narrowed it down to 2 companies I'm thinking the Nug**asher OG(hope that floats since I didn't say the whole company name). $800, I'm ok with the investment as I will use it ALOT. cheers and thanks in advance for any advice :passitleft:
I think with a dabpress you could cut that expense in halfish...
Either way, squeeze it! :cheesygrinsmiley:

Hi farmer! I looked at that unit and really like it. There’s a few good videos on it as well. There sure are a lot more options available than when I built mine. I wish they would be a sponsor here too. It seems every press has its good and bad, but the even application of heat and pressure is key. That OG unit certainly looks like it’ll do the job well.

Post some pictures when you start smashing bud. Cheers!

Back
Top Bottom