Grandpa Tokin’s Perpetual

My first Glue was nowhere near as frosty as yours, but it just got a rave review so I'm thankful for that. I took mine at 8 weeks too FWIW.

GrandpaTokin I have a URB report for you , first it smells like shit . The next took three days scrubbing to clean the reservoir and trays after use . Got 713 grams of bunk weed , don’t know if it was the light or this muck urb. Weed taste great but about 5% thc maybe . From what the nutrients cost makes it tuff .
Grew some clones off of them and just sat down to try one and kicked our ass . Grew those in dwc , all rusty looking but survived .
If I bought a dab press would it be better than cooking it into oil ?

If I bought a dab press would it be better than cooking it into oil ?

My personal opinion is yes. A press can be a huge expense, but if you plan on using it like I do, then it’ll pay for itself quickly. I like oil, but I love rosin.

My personal opinion is yes. A press can be a huge expense, but if you plan on using it like I do, then it’ll pay for itself quickly. I like oil, but I love rosin.
I need to change can’t take a hit like I use to . I’m finding them around $400 bucks plus ! Around my house it will pay for itself.

I take that $400 back , hit $719 for a complete dab press at checkout. That’s 10 ton on sale it’s a dp-hr10t35 dab press .

Lovely! It’s an outstanding press IMO. @Old Salt has that model. Here’s his write up:

I take that $400 back , hit $719 for a complete dab press at checkout. That’s 10 ton on sale it’s a dp-hr10t35 dab press .

Did you get the package deal for $599 USD? The extra must have been shipping or more goodies. That three piece 30mm pre-press mold is the one I wish that I had received. The two piece stainless steel mold needs a base to use a clamp with it.

I can't recommend the 40mm pre-press mold and 2-1/2" bags. It's too difficult load the puck into the bag. I had to split the puck in half (height wise) to get it in. The 4-1/2" height is not quite enough to cut the bag in half, as I do with the 30mm mold and 2" X 4" bags. Look at the Dulytek 200" X 2" rolls of filter tubes as replacements for the bags when you run out.

GreenGene's Garden has a DIY press for about $350 in parts.
It would have cost me more to DIY than to buy from Dabpress. I would have made a caged plate version which bumps the cost. I'd also have had to buy hydraulics, or a hydraulic press. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist.

Lovely! It’s an outstanding press IMO. @Old Salt has that model. Here’s his write up:

Did you get the package deal for $599 USD? The extra must have been shipping or more goodies. That three piece 30mm pre-press mold is the one I wish that I had received. The two piece stainless steel mold needs a base to use a clamp with it.

I can't recommend the 40mm pre-press mold and 2-1/2" bags. It's too difficult load the puck into the bag. I had to split the puck in half (height wise) to get it in. The 4-1/2" height is not quite enough to cut the bag in half, as I do with the 30mm mold and 2" X 4" bags. Look at the Dulytek 200" X 2" rolls of filter tubes as replacements for the bags when you run out.
i took the options with there pump and plates. It looked the best for the price and was glad there was a review on it ! And Thank You for that ! It’s time to make a change and now I have a lot of low thc weed to play with and learn how to make it !

It would have cost me more to DIY than to buy from Dabpress. I would have made a caged plate version which bumps the cost. I'd also have had to buy hydraulics, or a hydraulic press. I guess I'm too much of a perfectionist.

In your link, I saw a nice Port-a-Power which I assume makes it a lot easier to pump, and likely more accurate as it has the gauge on the pump. Gene's press is aimed to build a simple press on the cheap and requires the builder to buy a hydraulic shop press which is just a bottle jack on a frame, and the bottle jack doesn't have a PSI gauge, so I presume pressing would take a lot of trial and error to get it right. I was just sharing to provide options.

GreenGene's Garden has a DIY press for about $350 in parts.

I originally started with a hair straightener, then graduated to building my own plates. I used GreenGene’s original video (YouTube took it down so he uploaded another “updated” version). I used those plates for quite awhile until I got my Caged.

In your link, I saw a nice Port-a-Power which I assume makes it a lot easier to pump, and likely more accurate as it has the gauge on the pump. Gene's press is aimed to build a simple press on the cheap and requires the builder to buy a hydraulic shop press which is just a bottle jack on a frame, and the bottle jack doesn't have a PSI gauge, so I presume pressing would take a lot of trial and error to get it right. I was just sharing to provide options.

The reasons I mentioned this are to remind folks:
  • to price out several options; and
  • ensure they have the necessary DIY skills if they choose that route;
before committing to a purchase.

There is no one size fits all solution. ;)

Back
Top Bottom